3 replies to this topic

#1 MysticPhoenix

MysticPhoenix

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi I'm Rachael! Welcome to my author page!

Stories:

A Love to Remember (M) - Complete

Marauder era. Lily/James, Sirius/OC, Frank/Alice

Till Forever (M) - Sequel to ALTR

First War era. Lily/James, Sirius/OC, Frank/Alice

Double Trouble (M) - Complete

Marauder era. Lily/James, Sirius/OC, Remus/OC, Frank/Alice.

Just Breathe (M) - Sequel to DT

Hogwarts era. Sirius/OC, Remus/OC/Snape

Going Under (M) - On hold

Tom Riddle school days and after. Voldermort/OC - not what you think

One-Shots:

As I Lay Dying (15+)

Sirius Black

The Choice of a Prince (15+)

Severus Snape

Together (12+)

Remus/Tonks

One-Shots/DT and JB side stories:

A Bittersweet Memory (15+)

Sirius/OC

Words Unsaid (15+)

Lily/Snape/OC

Finding Courage in Love (12+)

Remus/OC

Alright! Ask away!

Posted Image

HPFF(12+ - M) MTA (12+)

Signature by Beeezie @ TDA and icon by Camila @ TDA

Gryffindor Pride!

#2 WeasleyTwins

WeasleyTwins

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hello Rachael! :) I love learning about new (or even not-so-new) authors here at HPFF, so I have some questions for you!

1. What is your favorite genre to write and why?
2. What would you say is your greatest strength as an author? Why?
3. What is your favorite pairing to read and why?
4. Has writing HP fanfiction helped improve your writing? Why or why not?

I'm Shelby, by the way! :flowers:

The Seams [M]

2013 Dobby Awards Winner for Best Minor Character

2ebbytt.png

Author's Page [M]                   Meet the Author [12+]

Gorgeous set by alchemyfreak123 @ TDA

#3 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hello there -- you can call me Rachel, too! Or Jane. Or Janechel. I respond to most anything, really. :) Here's a few questions for you!

1. I see you write a lot of Marauders -- what draws you to writing that particular era?
2. What story on your author's page has challenged you the most in the writing of it?
3. What famous mustache inspires you most?

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#4 MysticPhoenix

MysticPhoenix

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hello Rachael! :) I love learning about new (or even not-so-new) authors here at HPFF, so I have some questions for you!

1. What is your favorite genre to write and why?
2. What would you say is your greatest strength as an author? Why?
3. What is your favorite pairing to read and why?
4. Has writing HP fanfiction helped improve your writing? Why or why not?

I'm Shelby, by the way! :flowers:

Hi Shelby! These are some thought provoking questions! Here I go!

1. I never really actually thought about what my favorite genre to write is before, but stopping to think about it I like to write drama with romance close behind. I would have to say the reason for drama being my favorite is because I really enjoy writing real to life. I want my readers to feel that the events and relationships, romantic or otherwise, could easily occur in real life. I think it makes both the story and the characters easy to relate to. For me if stories and characters are too far out there it becomes to hard to believe in or relate to.

2. I would say my greatest strength as a writer is a tie between character psychology and description. I enjoy getting into the heads of the characters I am writing about. Trying to figure out why they do what they do. I research as much as I can about them. Or in the case of original characters I try to determine based on their personality, those really do develop on their own, what they would do in different situation. The reason I think this is one of my greatest strengths as a writer is because my readers continually comment on how well I wrote about various characters and/or how strong my original characters are.

I say description ties for the spot as well because I like to make sure that the world in which I envision in my mind comes through in my writing by choosing the right words to create both feelings and a visual aspect without having a picture. My reviews have commented on more than one occasion that my ability with words creates an wonderful visual.

3. I really love the Marauders so I enjoy reading James/Lily stories and Sirius/OC stories. I really love the love story between James/Lily. I feel like Rowling really did create a true to life fairy tale/tragedy with their story. Sirius/OC stories I like to read because since I write them I like to see how other authors interrupter what type of relationship Sirius would have had.

4. Writing HP fanfictions has defiantly improved my writing! Before I started writing fanfictions, and had an amazing HS English teacher, I was a terrible writer. My HS English teacher discovered my talent as a writer and nurtured it while fanfictions gave me a wonderful way to practice and improve my writing. I don't think my college papers would ever have turned out as good as they did had I not practiced writing with fanfiction.

Those were great questions! Thank you for asking them! :)

Hello there -- you can call me Rachel, too! Or Jane. Or Janechel. I respond to most anything, really. :) Here's a few questions for you!

1. I see you write a lot of Marauders -- what draws you to writing that particular era?
2. What story on your author's page has challenged you the most in the writing of it?
3. What famous mustache inspires you most?

Nice to meet another Rachel!

1. The funny part was when I first started writing I did not write Marauders, I wrote Hogwarts era. Then the more that was revealed about Harry's parents and the Marauders I just fell in love with the era. We know so little of what their lives were like and I wanted to speculate what their lives could have been like. After I started my first Marauders story I was hooked!

2. Hmmmm I would have to say "The Choice of a Prince" challenged me the most thus far. The complexity of Snape's emotions and state of mind during the events that led up to all the way through after his betrayal were challenging. The beginning of the story where I write about his meeting with Voldermort was particularly challenging mostly the balancing of Snape's realization he had betrayed Lily and keeping his reactions in character.

3. I love this question! I giggled a little when I first read it! I would have to say a well trimmed goatee like Johnny Depp (not Jack Sparrow), Robert Downing Jr., and Orlando Bloom have all sported at some point. On the right man a well trimmed goatee can be very attractive. I could even picture Sirius Black sporting one if he even had a mustache of any kind.

Loved the questions! Thank you for stopping by! :)

Posted Image

HPFF(12+ - M) MTA (12+)

Signature by Beeezie @ TDA and icon by Camila @ TDA

Gryffindor Pride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users