10 replies to this topic

#1 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi! I'm Allie! Here's my author page on HPFF: http://www.harrypott...?showuid=210830 If you have any questions about my stories or myself, ask away! I'm happy to answer all questions that are thrown my way :)

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 26 August 2012 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

Beautiful Sig & Avatar by nostalgia @ TDA

#2 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Allie, I have a few questions for you.

Who is Alicia Remington based on? I'm loving her to bits, she's so much fun to review and I laugh at every chapter.
If you had to introduce a random detail about her, what would it be?
What do you enjoy the most when writing On the brink of insanity?

Yes, I've gone crazy about this story. I'm also nominating it for best humour I think. Ack, that's not an existing category this year it seems. I would have though...

:hug:

Edited by ValWitch21, 05 September 2012 - 02:30 PM.

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#3 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Who is Alicia Remington based on? I'm loving her to bits, she's so much fun to review and I laugh at every chapter. Alicia was actually based on an exaggerated version of myself. I added a few characteristics to her that I don't have, like her boldness in class and the way she talks back to authority figures. But really, her odd comments and awkwardness is completely from me. It's kinda weird picturing me as a character, but it is so natural to write and people seem to like it, so my choice was good!
If you had to introduce a random detail about her, what would it be? Well, I feel like she would really be into crime TV shows.

What do you enjoy the most when writing On the brink of insanity? I like that it's so smooth and natural when I write it. I can sit down at my computer and just type with no plan or plot in mind and it seems to turn out seamless. I don't have to work everything out beforehand and really try like with my other stories. It's an effortless story and that's what makes it my Favourite :)

Yes, I've gone crazy about this story. I'm also nominating it for best humour I think. Ack, that's not an existing category this year it seems. I would have though... Oh my gosh. That is extremely kind of you :) Even though it is not a category, I still appreciate the thought. You are amazing, thank you!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Posted Image

#4 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

How do you write such a crazy amazing story without going overboard on the crazy? You add just enough to keep me entertained to my fullest amount and I have loved both Al's to pieces.

Who is your inspiration for Alicia's best friend?

Your story is one of my favorites that I will always treasure from saying "What can go wrong with hitting the random story button?" because it gave me a great story about someone who is amazingly random. 

0b547b0f4d1f1a95da3edf53b3961892.jpg

Second Star to the Right, Straight on till Morning...

#5 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

How do you write such a crazy amazing story without going overboard on the crazy? You add just enough to keep me entertained to my fullest amount and I have loved both Al's to pieces.

I really don't know to be honest. A lot of this story has been just random ideas that I've wrote out off the top of my head, but I really think that I just see so much of myself in this story that all of it just flows out naturally. I don't try to be crazy, it just sort of happens really. Thank you so much! Both Al's are a little crazy in their own way (you'll see more of Albus' craziness soon) and they really play off of each other well.

Who is your inspiration for Alicia's best friend? 

Robyn is actually based off one of my really good friends. She really inspired me to start writing and I owe a lot of my writing to her, because if she hadn't made me write all of these weird stories for her I probably wouldn't have pursued my writing talents. Many of the characters are based off people that we both know, so the story really is written for her. She was the audience in mind when I began writing this.

Thank you so much for asking these questions, I really do love answering them. Throw some more my way whenever you're feeling curious. :)

Posted Image

#6 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

BUT YOU'RE ALIVE!

Favourite colour?
Favourite type of chocolate?
In what city would Alicia be most likely to get lost?
Which HP character are you most like?

:)

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#7 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

I AM ALIVE WOO HOO!

Favourite colour?
Hmm... I'd have to say purple for sure! My entire room is bright purple haha

Favourite type of chocolate?
ALL OF IT. Haha I love chocolate.... except for white chocolate in my opinion it shouldn't even count as a chocolate it's pretty gross. I really love all types of milk chocolate though, I could probably live off of it for the rest of my life. Like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp version) when the prince gets a palace made out of chocolate, that would be me... except I wouldn't live in it... I'd most definitely eat it. NOM NOM :)

In what city would Alicia be most likely to get lost?
I think Alicia has a great sense of direction, but she'd probably misread the map and end up in another universe... so I'd say somewhere like Tokyo. I don't think Alicia would fancy trying to navigate Japan.

Which HP character are you most like?
I've always thought of myself like Fred or George Weasley. Very silly and goofy, always cracking jokes and messing around, but unexpectedly smart and clever. Somewhat crossing the line at times, but always looking out for my friends and family. I've always adored them and I actually want to get a tattoo of their wands one day.

Thank you so much for the questions :D

Posted Image

#8 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Tea or Coffee?

Wonderland, Narnia, Neverland or Oz?

If Alicia ever needed the room of Requirement what would it most likely be for?

#9 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

Tea or Coffee?
COFFEE. I love coffee. I would drink it all day every day. I like tea too, but I'm not as addicted to it.

Wonderland, Narnia, Neverland or Oz?
Well, they each have their own appeal, but I would definitely pick Narnia. I've loved it since I was a kid. They're all amazing though. Much like HP, I love the idea that there's another world out there, hidden away, just waiting for us to discover it.

If Alicia ever needed the Room of Requirement what would it most likely be for?
Really good question.... I had to think about this for a while, but I think it would be a place to hide away from people. She's very outgoing, but she needs her time away from everything, just a place to think and reflect. Even crazies need peace. :)

Thank you for your questions!!!

Edited by AlAndAl, 21 August 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#10 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I have loads more for you :)

1. I love On the Brink of Insanity; especially Vivo and Nanners. Do you have a real life best friend relationship like they do?

2. What is the craziest thing Robin has to complete on the list Alicia made her?

3. I am so sad to hear there are only a few chapters left :( What will you have in store for your readers next if anything?

4. If the sorting hat was placed on your head where would you most likely end up house wise?

5. How long have you been writing HPFF?

6. What is your favorite story on the site?

#11 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Ooooh yay!!!!

1. I love On the Brink of Insanity; especially Vivo and Nanners. Do you have a real life best friend relationship like they do?
Yeah I do! I have a really good friend who is like my brother and I honestly like him more than my own brother. We're really close. I hadn't even really thought if him while writing Nanners... I guess it was a subconscious thing haha

2. What is the craziest thing Robin has to complete on the list Alicia made her?
There was one where she had to run naked across the Quidditch pitch during a game. That would've been funny.. I wish I had incorporated it.

3. I am so sad to hear there are only a few chapters left What will you have in store for your readers next if anything?
I actually finished the story. The last chapter will be validated soon... Probably tomorrow. I have a plot bunny that has been in my head for a while now, I was just reluctant to start it before I finished this story. I really love it so hopefully everyone else will as well. I really want to make this next story longer, so I'm working out some details on the main plot and will start writing soon!

4. If the sorting hat was placed on your head where would you most likely end up house wise?
SLYTHERIN. I got sorted on Pottermore and was surprised, but I think I'd make a good Slytherin. I've always thought of myself as a Grydfindor, but the difference between to two is divided by a very thin line, I believe. Slytherin is pretty cool too, their common room is in the dark dungeons, which I love. I've always been drawn to the dark.

5. How long have you been writing HPFF?
Well, I discovered it about 3 years ago and was just a reader, but I started writing a few months after that. The stories were horrible and I have since taken them down, but I've been improving (I hope :p) over the last few years. I have written tons over the years but have only finished the one (On the Brink of Insanity) and have 2 one-shots, one of them was written as a joke for my friend and is very short, the other I wrote for a challenge. I am planning to write a lot more this next year.

6. What is your favorite story on the site?
OMG I HAVE TOO MANY. I've read so many stories and have forgotten the titles of some (I read them so long ago), but I really love this one shot called "Hey, Fred", I bawl my eyes out every time I read it, it's so moving. Also, "The Joker and Her", by Illuminate, is amazing. She writes the twins so well I'm obsessed. My last one that I'll mention is "Welcome to the Chase", it's an Albus Potter/OC.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users