#1 missclaire17

missclaire17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hello everyone!
I'm Claire and this is my new Meet the Author page.

STORIES:

ones-shots: My Pride and Joy (15+)& Until the Very End (15+)& Being Aurors (15+)

novel: A Rollercoaster Called Life (M)

please feel free to ask me anything! I love to get to know everyone!

profile image & banner by me! (:

Banner-Medium_zps8c82f2a2.jpg 

My Author's Page [12+ to M] & My MTA Page [12+]

#2 Guest_StormThief17_Guest

Guest_StormThief17_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

Hey there Claire! Its so nice to meet you! I'm a fairly new writer myself :) Anyway what got you started here? Do you just write fanfiction? And, most important question...what is your OTP? I hope you enjoy being here and feel free to talk to me any time you like ;)
-Kathryn

#3 missclaire17

missclaire17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hey there Claire! Its so nice to meet you! I'm a fairly new writer myself :) Anyway what got you started here? Do you just write fanfiction? And, most important question...what is your OTP? I hope you enjoy being here and feel free to talk to me any time you like ;)
-Kathryn

Hello Kathryn! (:
It's nice to meet you too!
I've actually been writing fanfictions for a while but I never got to posting them anywhere because I was never really satisfied with my own writing but I kept writing as a means of relaxation and self-improvement haha
I got started here from one of the HP pages on facebook, actually.
They had a link to one of the stories here and I discovered the amazing-ness that is HPFF xD

My OTP is Jily. Then Hinny and Romione. xD
I ship entirely canon ships though Nuna is pretty cute hehe

I love it here! Thanks for dropping by! (:

Claire

#4 zipzin

zipzin

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hello Claire I have been secretly stalking all of your stories for a while now  :whistling: and I must say that your writing is great.  I've got a couple of questions.

1. In TTATM (The Truth About The Marauders) do you plan on going all the way to seventh year?  Or like till James and Lily die?  Or if none of those what are your plans for the start and ending?

2. In TTATM, I love how you stick to main events in their lives but you've said that it will get more detailed once we get to fifth year.  Will we be switching POVs more throughout it?

3. What inspired you to write your stories?

I'm sure I'll be back and I would love some spoilers hints about what's to come so please keep those updates coming! ~ Christy

Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out alive. - Elbert Hubbard

MTA | HPFF(12-M)

#5 missclaire17

missclaire17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hello Claire I have been secretly stalking all of your stories for a while now  :whistling: and I must say that your writing is great.  I've got a couple of questions.

1. In TTATM (The Truth About The Marauders) do you plan on going all the way to seventh year?  Or like till James and Lily die?  Or if none of those what are your plans for the start and ending?

2. In TTATM, I love how you stick to main events in their lives but you've said that it will get more detailed once we get to fifth year.  Will we be switching POVs more throughout it?

3. What inspired you to write your stories?

I'm sure I'll be back and I would love some spoilers hints about what's to come so please keep those updates coming! ~ Christy

Hey Christy! (:

I'm glad that you like my writing! 
sorry for the late reply, by the way. 

checking my MTA isn't usually the first thing I think of xD

1. I do plan on writing all the way until Lily and James's death, with an epilogue in the end for Harry's 5th year. 

the entire story is my take on what the Marauders' life was like, so I'd like to make it that long of a novel 

2. when I get to the point of their fifth year, I'd like to not just write the main events because I think those are the years that really start defining their personalities, etc. When I reach that point, there will less switching in POVs but I don't want to completely neglect the POV of other characters. 

3. my one-shots are usually inspired by challenges xD I'm not that creative in terms of what to write. 

but for novel ideas, I usually start writing one story and if I write more than five whole chapters of one story, then I'll consider posting it up. That's what happened with A Rollercoaster Called Life; I wrote 7 chapters and decided to post it up because I had so many ideas for the novel. 

I'm so glad you visited!!! (:

there'll be a LOT coming for ARCL; we're getting into the parts of it where the entire gang realizes that life isn't that simple. 

for TTAM (or TAM, as I can't decide if I like the The Truth About the Marauders or Truth About the Marauders), 

I need to start updating, but there will be a LOT of new information about the plot and the characters appearing (:

#6 Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hi there I just have to tell you I love the roller coaster called life! Which brings me to my questions...

1. What inspired you to write The Roller Coaster Called Life?

2. Are any of the characters personalities based off people in your life?

3. What inspired you to join HpFF

4. if you could changed one canon ship from hp which ship would it be and why?

5. If you could change one death in HP who would it be and why?

6. What inspires you to write?

7. What are your writing techniques?

I actually asked more questions then I planned to. Keep on doing the good job with your beautiful writing. - Crystal

My hpff(M) My MTA

secrets.png

signature and avatar by socal @ tda

#7 missclaire17

missclaire17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Hi there I just have to tell you I love the roller coaster called life! Which brings me to my questions...

1. What inspired you to write The Roller Coaster Called Life?

2. Are any of the characters personalities based off people in your life?

3. What inspired you to join HpFF

4. if you could changed one canon ship from hp which ship would it be and why?

5. If you could change one death in HP who would it be and why?

6. What inspires you to write?

7. What are your writing techniques?

I actually asked more questions then I planned to. Keep on doing the good job with your beautiful writing. - Crystal

I apologize with the late response! I literally haven't been on HPFF for months. 

1) There have been stories in the past that dealt with teen pregnancy but I wanted to put my own take on it because there are a lot of elements that I included that I feel like would be realistic. 

2) A lot of characters that I write take on certain personality traits of people that I know, but none of them are completely just one person in my life. In A Rollercoaster Called Life, Lucy Weasley's personality is actually based off of my own and my cousin's dramatic tendencies rolled into one. 

3) I always loved Harry Potter, and I always loved reading. When I discovered other fanfiction sites, I wasn't satisfied with them because to me, (not to bash on any other site), they just didn't have what I found in HPFF. At HPFF, everything is not only organized, but every writer on here is so special and as annoying as waiting for validation is, I find that it makes the content of the FF so much better. 

4) Wow... uhm, change one canon ship. I don't know if I would change any canon ship. I can't think of any off of the top of my head. I love all canon ships, and I really don't ship any non-canon ships!

5) Fred Weasley. My favorite character is James Potter and Sirius Black (Ginny Weasley is a very close third) because I love the Marauders. But I feel that Sirius has found his peace in the Afterlife, and although I'd change it so that Remus or Tonks could have grown up with Teddy, I think that all in all, it seems impossible for Remus or Tonks to be without each other, and Teddy being orphaned versus Harry being orphaned (and raised by his grandmother, another parallel with Neville) is almost a kind of positive symbolism (I don't mean being orphaned is good by any means). Teddy grows up with lots of people around him that love and care for him, so I would change Fred Weasley's death. As unrealistic as it might seem for the entire Weasley family to survive the war, I think that Fred's death had the biggest impact on everyone and almost the saddest one too. But with that said, I think that all deaths are written for a reason, and I fully understand why Fred did die in the books. 

6) What inspires me to write is usually a book (or a rereading of Harry Potter) or a TV show. I grab such good ideas from TV shows or books based off of my own predictions as to what would happen or fantasies of "what if" that they create ideas in my mind for fanfiction. And most of the time, rereading Harry Potter or rewatching the movies puts me in a mood to want to write more HP fanfiction. 

7) I have started a new technique in which I would first write down all of the dialogue. I have everything that I want to be said and then I would go back and change some words to avoid repetitiveness, add some description, sensory details, etc. I have found that it makes it so much easier for me to write because all I want sometimes are the dialogue and that is what comes easiest to me. It's a technique that makes the first draft of an update extremely basic in terms of writing technique but in the end, it is the technique that works for me :) 

~xoxo Claire 

#8 potterfan310

potterfan310

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I saw you were back around so I dropped by to say hi! :bye:

1) Why did you call James and Bella's story 'A Rollercoaster Called Life'?
2) How's the sequel coming along?
3) Which is your favourite era?
4) Draco/Hermione or Scorpius/Rose?
5) Is Bella from 'A Rollercoaster Called Life' based on anyone?

6) What's your guilty pleasure of fanfiction, I.e certain ships, genres...?

7) What made you choose to write a teenage pregnancy story and why James out of all the Next-Gen boys?

8) Please say James, Bella, little Aurora and the new baby get a happy ever after? :wub:

That's all for now :D

Edited by potterfan310, 31 March 2014 - 07:49 PM.

ibhnr5.png

Amazing sig by aconite at TDA! - Sig link is rated Mature.

HPFF(15+) MTA (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users