• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TyrannicFeenix

TyrannicFeenix

New student

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Thought it was about time for me to make a post in here. Not that I get many questions, but it pays to be prepared. So here it is, a place for anyone and everyone to ask me all about my fics, my characters, and the clearly insane way my mind works.

To date I have seven fics posted including Birth of a Hero (Mature) and Life at the Academy (Mature) (my two favorites to work on) and Eternal Conflict (Mature) (a fic I swear is writing itself, I can't remember where half of that story came from). I also have a couple of songfics up with a few more ideas rattling around in my crazy head. Most of my writing seems geared towards the longer novel length stories though a few ideas I'm working on are due to be nice quick one-shots.

Sometimes I find myself caught for months on end and then I'll hit a spurt of writing and post a lot in a short space, not sure why this is but it's sort of a nice progression. It allows me to write notes and outlines in the off period and write better chapters come my prolific periods.

I'll answer any and all questions you have relating to my fics, unless it would give away information about the story that should not yet some to light.

For some extra info, I write mostly to relax and get those chaotic thoughts out of my head; and I've yet to find a better way of doing that than by writing. Sometimes my inspiration is drawn from my own life, but a lot of it comes from interacting with the many wonderous authors here on HPFF and my other forays into the written word, be they my favorite books at home or something random I've borrowed from th library.

Outside of that, I'd say I lead a fairly boring existence so not much else to say. Leave me a reply and I'll do my uttmost to anwser you in a timely and descriptive fashion. Thanks for reading and even more for taking the time to comment.

sig_zps6b45cdd3.gif
Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts! Sigset by Elenia@TDA
Life at the Academy (15+) - Eternal Conflict (M)

#2 Guest_StormThief17_Guest

Guest_StormThief17_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hey :) I haven't read your stories(except for your task entry which was fantastic!) but I'd be really interested to hear more about your writing in general! How did you get started on HPFF? What's your OTP? Preferred era/genre? And...really super important question...do like nutella? Haha sorry for that random question :) Anyway I'm so glad you're a Gryffindor along with me and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

#3 TyrannicFeenix

TyrannicFeenix

New student

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hey StormThief17, thanks for the look in.

To answer the (only slightly, trust me) unusual question first I'm not a big fan of nuts so no not much into Nutella, only peanut butter for me.

As for how I got started, my ex was writing a fic on here (not sure how she found HPFF) but she told me to join and read it, I ended up so hooked I stuck around and even started Birth of a Hero before the month was out. Been six years now and I've loved every minute of my time reading and writing as a part of such a fantastic community. Even with all the vicious little plot bunnies that steal my sleep and haunt my waking moments (I have a lot of writing left to do).

I'm glad you enjoyed the task entry, considering how rushed it was (a big thank you to all my reviewers who helped point out a few glaring errors I somehow missed).

To be completely honest, I think JKR is WRONG! Harry and Hermione are perfect for one another. As I've said before in some of my reviews there is a reason it's called Harmony. It just works, and seeing how some of the authors can drag the moment out over chapters and chapters and it still seems perfect when they fall together (those are my favourites, though sometimes it's good to find a long fic where they are thrust together in the first chapter too).

When i first joined I was madly into Founder era works because of the untapped potential of the era, I even made my first story a Founder fic which is still going six years on (mostly due to months of writers block). I've always loved the Hogwarts era (because it is where my fav ship sets sail) but have found my favorite works these days falling into the Post-Hogwarts era, where things really start to get interesting. I love the way some writers manage to take the Canon and roll out completely believable story-lines leading far into the future of our heroes. Also I love the ones that throw Canon straight out the window too.

Which would probably show my favorite genre, which is AU. I love the brilliance of some of those fics, without the canon story to hold up there environments, some of the writers here at HPFF can work wonders with that genre. However as that is quite broad my favorite specific genre would be a hard choice between Action/Adventure and Humour, though the two usually go hand in hand (which means I don't have to choose much).

And I love being a Gryffindor. No matter how many times i take a Sorting Quiz or where its from I always end up there (and I'm answering truthfully too). It's such a great house filled with great people, every one of them ready to do whatever is needed to help out their house-mates, it's a great place to be.

sig_zps6b45cdd3.gif
Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts! Sigset by Elenia@TDA
Life at the Academy (15+) - Eternal Conflict (M)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users