Photo

Pen2PaperAnything you want to know about my stories, fire away! :)

Pen2Paper HeavenCanWait Caprice The Recruit James/Lily Sirius/Oc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2Paper

Pen2Paper

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hi everyone :)

New MTA , cos the last one got a bit messed up :p

You can call me Cali :)

Reader, Writer, Lover, Food Enthusiast, Shutterbug

Daydreamer, Jily Shipper

Proud Gryffindor!

Current Projects:

Caprice - Sirius/Oc

Caprice ~ Unpredictable...

Of all unpredictable things love is by far the most notorious. It binds, breaks, ruptures, hurts, punches, kicks, embraces, consumes, inspires, gives and takes. And all of it, you can never know when to expect...

(Drama/Romance)

Heaven Can Wait - Lily/James

"Mudblood"

The word hung in the air for a long moment. No one who heard it knew the full gravity of it. They knew what it meant, sure. But why was it said? What happened next? ...

The Recruit

We know the routine. 11. Letter. Platform 9 3/4. Hogwarts.

But...

What about the ones who never got thier letter. What if they had magic that didn't surface in time. What if they lived in the same town and didn't know why they were different. What happens to those that were never chosen...?

Coming Soon/ Being Written

The Volatile Mirror

Shadow

Rebel A Little

The Game

Paradigm

Any Questions?

:happy:

Posted Image

sig and avatar by the amazing Violet Ephemera @ tda

*Caprice (M)* Heaven Can Wait (M) * The Recruit(M)

#2 EverMalfoy

EverMalfoy

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Hi Cali :waves:

I have a few questions, if you don't mind my asking!

Favorite character?

Character you relate to the most?

Let's say some crazy unbelievable circumstance occurred, and Gryffindor disappeared! What would you be then?

Anything you can't just see yourself writing?

Anything you've wanted to write but never dared to?

If you could spend any day with just one author, one thats already passed, which would it be?

Least favorite character?

If there's anyone that you could have saved from dying in HP, who would it be?

If theres any character you would--theres no nice way to phrase this--wish would have passed, who would it be?

Signature by loveatfirstview@TDA!

Posted Image

Currently writing: Chapter two of You Will Never Be and Chapter three of Run For Your Life

#3 Pen2Paper

Pen2Paper

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hey there :)
Great Questions btw. Here goes,

1. Favorite character?

Well, I've always been partial to my favourite Era and ships. I think my favourite character to WRITE would be Sirius, with James as a close second. But my favourite character to read about would be Albus or Weasley Twins (Gred and Forge!)

I'm sorry I just had to add a gazillion characters in there that I love and adore :p

2. Character you relate to the most?

Remus. No contest. I tend to be deceptively quiet and innocent looking, but I've got a track record of mischievous trouble-making. I'm constantly worried about my friends and people who trust me and depend on me. I also have a tendency to be very protective of the people I care about.
I also have an uncontrollable aggressive side that rarely makes an appearance. :/
So yes, Remus and I are like two peas in a pod :p

3. Let's say some crazy unbelievable circumstance occurred, and Gryffindor disappeared! What would you be then?

Not to sound cliche, but I would be anything but a Slytherin. It's not because think of Slytherin as purely evil, I don't! It's just I don't have that ruthless 'Do what it takes to get what I want' attitude. I've often lost opportunities because I don't have that. But I think that trait is somewhat essential for a Slytherin.

4. Anything you can't just see yourself writing?

Hmm... I guess it would have to be Snape/Hermione. I can't :/

5. Anything you've wanted to write but never dared to?

AU. Definitely. I've always been fascinated by the good AU stories out there but I just don't know if I'm creative enough to create a whole new universe for the same characters and write without leaning too much to the Harry Potter realm. But I would love to try it out sometime though.
Someday :)

6. If you could spend any day with just one author, one thats already passed, which would it be?

Toughie... hmm. Probably Doyle :) I've always been a big fan of Sherlock Holmes. It would be a real treat to meet him and spend a day shoot innumerable questions at him :p Midnight in Paris comes to mind!

7. Least favorite character?

Well, this might sound weird, but it's Lavender :/ She messed with one of my favourite ships and I haven't quite forgiven her for that :p

8. If there's anyone that you could have saved from dying in HP, who would it be?

This is a really close one, I'd have to say it would be Dobby. I really didn't want him to die, especially not at the hands of Bellatrix. He gave so much and helped Harry and although his death was heroic and very moving, I really didn't want him to die. R.I.P Dobby.

9. If theres any character you would--theres no nice way to phrase this--wish would have passed, who would it be?
The only character I really hated enough to want killed was Bellatrix. Sort of figured Voldermort would bite it sometime down the road. And with those two gone I guess that's it. :p

Thanks so much for your questions EverMalfoy

Posted Image

#4 apocalypse

apocalypse

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hey Cali! :D Been going through this section today, so I thought I'd drop by and show your MTA some love! :)

1) Firstly, what inspires/inspired you to write?

2) Your most favorite pairing to read/write?

3) Your least favorite/pairing to read/write?

4) If you ever would have to write a bizarre pairing what would it be? :p

5) Would you ever write a Supernatural and HP crossover? ;)

6) Which genre to you like read/write the most?

7) Which is your current favorite WIP for which you constantly check your favorites to see whether it has been updated? :p

8) Heaven can Wait! How did you get the idea for that amazing story?

9) The scenes that your write in your story, are some/any of them inspired by your real life?

10) When you get a plot bunny, how you do shape out it's details if you decide to write it?

11) What are your thoughts in Severus Snape?

12) If you had to save one Marauder from dying, which one would it be?

13) If you could create a Patronus, what do you think yours would be like?

14) If you'd participated in the Triwizard Tournament, which task would have terrified you the most?

15) If you had had to ask someone from HP to the Yule Ball, who would it be? :p

Ah, too many questions, I know. But I had fun thinking up those. I know you'll have fun answering them! :p

-Cal

Cal - Away till June 2013

My Gallery (12+) | My Author Page (12+ to M)

#5 Pen2Paper

Pen2Paper

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hey Cal! Thank you so much for coming by and adding a list of lovely questions! You're awesome!
So... on to the answers.

1) Firstly, what inspires/inspired you to write?

Oh wow... umm. I love the freedom it gives me. I enjoy that when I sit in front of my laptop and I go into the 'world of my characters' I feel like I can walk the halls I'm writing or I'm sitting next to Lily and James watching their story, or Capri or any of my characters. It's a great feeling. Writing itself inspires me. That's actually my biggest inspiration.
Other than that I also borrow inspiration from any books I'm reading, songs I'm listening to or even watching two people conversing with each other. It can be anything :)

2) Your most favorite pairing to read/write?

Lily and James definitely. I've adored them since the first HP book and to this day I love the pairing. I've enjoyed reading many different versions of their romance and lives and I'm certainly enjoying writing them! :D

3) Your least favorite/pairing to read/write?

Umm, not that I've ever attempted to write but I would say Snape/Hermione. No offence at all to anyone who ships them. I just can't wrap my head around it.
To read, I really don't want to read Ron/Lavender stories :p

4) If you ever would have to write a bizarre pairing what would it be?

Draco/Lavender. It would be hilarious don't you think?! I'd love it!

5) Would you ever write a Supernatural and HP crossover?

Hahaha... I had to see this one coming! Well, I'd honestly love to, but I'm not sure I could do justice to Dean and Sam, especially Dean! Dean and his humour. But yes, I would love to write one someday!

6) Which genre to you like read/write the most?
Read: Humour
Write : Romance

7) Which is your current favorite WIP for which you constantly check your favorites to see whether it has been updated?

Well, my newest WIP is taking a lot of my attention! Heaven Can Wait is my first attempt at a James/Lily story and since I LOVE the pairing so much I am obsessed with favourites and reviews wondering what the readers think of it. :p

8) Heaven can Wait! How did you get the idea for that amazing story?

Hahaha, I honestly don't know! I mean I always wanted to write a Marauder story centred on Lily/James but I didn't know where to start. Most people seemed to think starting at first year would be boring and starting at 7th means too little time to get to know the characters before the story develops and plot needs to start rolling.
So I kept the 3- 4 chapters I'd written of the same characters of HCW when they were in first year and tried to find inspiration on what to do next.
One day it just hit me, if I want to tell their story when they were in school I should pick up where the books left off. So I decided to go back to Snape's worst memory, the last time we saw them in school, and chose James to be the main narrator because his account seemed closest to Harry's vision. The rest sort of flowed from there. Hopefully it will make other hardcore Jily shippers happy!

9) The scenes that your write in your story, are some/any of them inspired by your real life?

Mmm I guess... I do take little anecdotes from my life and spin them into the plot, yes but a lot it just what I've gathered from being observative. Mostly scenes come to me in disjointed moments and I have to find a way to get from end of scene A to scene B which in my opinion is the hardest part.

10) When you get a plot bunny, how you do shape out it's details if you decide to write it?

Firstly when I get a plot bunny it usually something like this: He should say/do this, then she would say/do that... etc. etc. When it happens I think which story would it fit best? And I add it to a small "timeline". The 'timeline' is usually my go-to to remember what happens next. Sometimes I decide to drop the idea if the plot seems too forced or out of place. Sometimes I would shift it to a later time. Once I figure out that I want the idea to be part of the story I just type out the scene in a script format, smoothen out the dialogue as much as I can and then add decriptions of setting, time, mood etc etc. I hope that was helpful and didn't sound like a meaningless rant! LOL :blushing:

11) What are your thoughts in Severus Snape?

I like him. I know I'm a big Lily/James fan and I love them very much. But I do believe that Lily may have returned Snape's feelings if James wasn't in the picture. I'm not saying it would've definitely happened I'm saying I'm open to it being a possibility.
I always believed there was more to Snape than meets the eye. And I'm not just saying that, I was just one of those people, (and this may sound a bit childish, but dont care) I just trusted Dumbledore! I just believed that he wouldn't defend Snape if he was absolutely sure that he was good.

I also believe that Snape was a guy who didn't catch a break. He was downtrodden at home, rejected and bullied in school and when he lost Lily I think something flipped inside him. I think if the circumstances were different Snape would have been a very different person. Because he was good inside.

12) If you had to save one Marauder from dying, which one would it be?

Ohhh a toughie, For the record if this was to happen in a real-life situation I would SOMEHOW find a way to save all three. But to answer the question, I would save Remus! :hug:

13) If you could create a Patronus, what do you think yours would be like?

I like to imagine that my patronus will surprise me but I'm pretty sure that considering how much I love dogs it would be a dog. Possibly a Siberian Husky! :wub:

14) If you'd participated in the Triwizard Tournament, which task would have terrified you the most?

The second. Having my best friend/ family member unconscious in the middle of the Black Lake for over an hour would send me into full panic-mode. I would probably forget any and all spells that would be helpful and be a terrible nervous wreck. So yes, I would have been terrified of the second task the most.

15) If you had had to ask someone from HP to the Yule Ball, who would it be?

FRED WEASLEY! :wub:

Thank you SO MUCH Cal, for the lovely thoughtful questions! I really did have fun answering them :hug:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users