#1 ashleydelacour

ashleydelacour

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hello everyone!

I started this when I found that some of your reviews left me wanting to go more in depth in responding to them, with fear of making my responses on my chapters long. So, I decided to create a page that could let me go crazy! So, here it is!

I will answer anything. I'm open to criticism of chapters you have read, and suggestions for further chapters. However, I have finished the story in its entirety before I started posting to HPFF, so its pretty set in stone. However, any minor things you would like to see elaborated (such as character devlopment, writing style, etc.) is warmly welcomed and appriceated!

Cheers! :)

Posted Image

Slytherin's Angel (M)

It had all come down to this. He had left the one thing that had made him happier than anything else…for this? But there was nothing he could do. He couldn’t go back, knowing that this was his fate.
He had left her. And now, there was no way to say goodbye.

#2 MercyWaters

MercyWaters

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hello, here's some questions for you :)

1. What influences you and your writing the most?
2. Which character do you like to write the most?
3. Least favorite ship?
4. Favorite musical artist?
5. How do you cope with the dreaded writer's block?

Posted Image

My Stories (15+) || MTA

Signature and icon by enchantedfleur(12+)

#3 ashleydelacour

ashleydelacour

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

1. What influences you and your writing the most?

I read a quote on Pinterest that stated: "Write a story YOU want to read". Even though I found this quote much later down the line in my writing process, I think this was my subconcious motto the whole time. I wrote my story, Slytherin's Angel, using a character I loved and matching him with a character I wanted him to be with. Having a semi-original devleopment was perfect, because your still rooted to the story with a HP character, but have the freedom with an OC. Since I wrote this story as something I would want to read, my passion and excitement for what I wanted to see done has been recieved much better in my reading counts than I had imagined, and the fifth chapter isn't even up yet.

2. Which character do you like to write the most?

I don't think I would've liked Draco as much if Tom Felton didn't play him :) He put a handsome face to a character that has so much unexplored backstory, which was really appealing to me. The freedom to create any history for him was too rich for me to ignore. Although the common "troubled soul" is attached to Draco, I really enjoyed taking the common route that I've seen in other DM stories that I've read, and exploring it on my own. I have to admit, I enjoyed writing him more than I did my own OC in the story, Ashley Delacour.

3. Least favorite ship?

Harry/Ginny without question. Their ship seemed to random and rushed, and I felt like Ginny was pushed on Harry to have him end up being with someone in the end. I don't feel like their friendship had really good development, like Ron and Hermione's. I felt like it was a last minute decision when Harry started noticing what other guy's she was going out with in HBP.

4. Favorite musical artist?

Maroon 5 <3 How can any woman deny Adam's voice?!

5. How do you cope with the dreaded writer's block?

The best advice I ever read was to just write, even if you had no idea where it was going. The first sentence is always the hardest, then it gets easier from there. So, after I've taken a break that can span from days to months, I force myself to sit down. Sometimes, I'll re-read the whole story, just to see if I've left any loopholes that can be cleared, to be used as a springboard. If that doesn't work, I envision where I want to go, because I always have the begining and end figured out, and struggle to fill in the middle the most. I know that if I want to get to the best parts at the end, I have to force myself to create that bridge.

So, I sit down and write that first sentence, even if its something as small as describing what a character is doing to start their day. After that, it comes rushing back in, like I never had it all. Maybe I'm lucky that way, or maybe I'm always writing in my head and my hands were just waiting to get to a keyboard again.

Thanks for your questions! :)

Posted Image

Slytherin's Angel (M)

It had all come down to this. He had left the one thing that had made him happier than anything else…for this? But there was nothing he could do. He couldn’t go back, knowing that this was his fate.

#4 Patt_94

Patt_94

New student

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hi,Salut,Olá,
First I´m Patti, I´m portuguese so it's normal if you see some spelling mistakes here and there,I review your story, yes that is me!!! XD
I was on HPFF and than I tought let's ask some question to that nice author that always responds to my reviews, yes that is you!!
So here I am!!!
1-What actress\famous do you picture for Ashley??
2-How many years will your story have??
3-You never thought of doing an one-shot of Draco childhood?? (please...insert puppy face)
4-Tell me more about Draco personality, his favourite hoobies, type of music that he listen, that kind of stuff.

Kisses ;P

#5 ashleydelacour

ashleydelacour

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Patti!!!!!

Oh my goodness, that you so much for your continued reviews! Seriously, it means the world to me to have someone so dedicated and consistent as you are :wub: Thank you! :D

1-What actress\famous do you picture for Ashley??

The person that I picture for her actually is the same exact girl as my profile picture. She's a model named Jessica Stam. She's gorgeous and there's something so Veela to me about her features. Look her up, she's beautiful!

2-How many years will your story have??

I don't want to give too much away, but 95% of the story occurs in the one school year that you're reading about. But there may be some glimpses we get later down the road...

3-You never thought of doing an one-shot of Draco childhood?? (please...insert puppy face)

I'm flattered that you think I write him that well! If you would read it, I'll think about it :) The only thing is, I think of Draco much darker than it would be allowed to get validated, it terms of his relationship with his father. I would have to be really careful in how I word it. Although I really admire the rules that HPFF has, and totally respect them, I don't like leaving anything to imagination when I'm writing, so Draco's story would have to be somewhat diluted. But I'll definitely think about it since you're so interested. I've been feeling really empting since I'm nearing the completion of the story your reading now, so if I could have something else to write, I think that would help with the grief, lol.

4-Tell me more about Draco personality, his favourite hoobies, type of music that he listen, that kind of stuff.

Hmmm, I've never really given that much thought. I don't want to give too much away about his personality, because you'll read about it later down the road. I feel like Draco wouldn't waste his time on music, to be honest. As you've read, I painted him as a young man who was taught not to waste time, as I believe his father told him, "You stupid boy! Malfoy's don't waste time!". I feel Draco is very practical, very careful with what he does because he has so many people watching him. That's where I think Ashley balances him out. She teaches him to let go, and I hope I convey that as you continue to read.

I love your questions! Please, don't hesitate to come back on here as you continue to read! I'll answer anything as best I can as to not spoil it for you! But seriously, Patti, your reviews are really comforting and it brings a smile on my face everytime I see your name on a new chapter :) Cheers!

Posted Image

Slytherin's Angel (M)

#6 leslie17

leslie17

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hey! This is Leslie, your most recent commenter. :rolleyes: Haha I figured the reviews are always so long and we always have so much to say back to each other, this probably would be easier! Plus it's not like I can respond back after your response to my comment!
I thought it was funny that you thought I was reading them backwards - it actually sounds kind of intriguing! Starting a story from the last chapter and working backwards! lol but no, I just wanted to go back and review that chapter since it stuck out in my mind. And since I read through the first 20-something chapter so quickly and never stopped to review them!
In response to the last review, I totally agree that it would've been too easy to be rid of Bellatrix that quickly. Obviously I don't know the rest of the story, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the same! But of course there's the part of me that just wants an easy, happy ending! :yes:
Oh, and I would love to help brainstorm ideas for a sequel/new story, but that wouldn't make much sense until I know how this story ends! ;) I always want to write fan fictions cause I love coming up with ideas, but I don't have the patience to sit down and write everything down, and I don't have the skill as a writer to make it cohesive. So my ideas sit in my head. :dry:
I could go on about all the things we've started talking about in the reviews, but I'm not sure if that's what you intended for this forum, plus I think I've written plenty for one post. :good:
But I do have a question! Where did you come up with the idea for the story? Or was it something you always had in mind when reading the books?

(I'm also enjoying these really cute emoticons... hehe!)

Hope to hear back from you soon! <3

#7 ashleydelacour

ashleydelacour

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

That is an interesting thought-to read a story backwards. Maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime :)

Just because Bellatrix isn't rid of now, doesn't mean she won't be or that there cannot be a happy ending. In fact, if you want an answer to that, I've written a one-shot depicting the War of Hogwarts using Ashley and Draco. You'll find your answer there :)

I would LOVE to have your help for brainstorming. I'm absolutely flattered that you would help me continue to write more. Its so touching that you've said you loved the story that much to aid me in continuting to write. :shy: Plus, I think we'd have a blast! But yes, read the rest of the story (and perhaps the one shot I mentioned above) and we can go from there, either with a sequel, or something completely different. And it sounds like we would make a great pair: you, with ideas, me, with the hand to write them. It would be a blast!

Please, if there's anything you wish to continue talking about, whether from the reviews or this post, don't hesitate to ask or discuss! :D I love doing this sort of thing with others, so don't worry about the space we take or whatnot. This is what its for!

You know, I always head this idea to write this story since I was in the 6th grade. As we've both established, we are obsessed with Draco. My actual first name is Ashley, so I sort of inserted myself into a fan fic. It was a nerdy, tweenish thing to do, but until I become a better writer I brainstormed in my head. By the time I started writing this four years ago in high school, my first name stuck. Ashley had devleoped so much in my head, I couldn't give her another name ( even a French one, as that's what she is), so I had to insert some cheesy story as to why she got her name, because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

A lot of the huge ideas of the story popped into my head as I was writing (Bellatrix and the alleyway, Pansy in Draco's room). All I had when I was younger was that I wanted the story to be about a relationship, but I didn't have anything else. I dunno if I had developed a better story by the time I started writing because I was subconciously thinking about it for years, or you develop more mature ideas as you get older. Whatever it is, I loved how it came out and I can't wait for you to read the rest.

Hope to hear some more questions from you soon! Also, I love all the emoticons too! Christmas and Halloween ones? I'll have to pop a few of those in there next time.

Cheers! <3 <3 (double hearts! :) )

Posted Image

Slytherin's Angel (M)

#8 leslie17

leslie17

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

I saw the one-shot, but I wasn't sure if that would give anything away about the rest of the story... I thought about reading it but then decided I would wait - at least for now. :) Would it be better to wait or does it really matter?

I would love that!! And I'm flattered that you would want to work with me!! :D That would be so much fun! And we already have our shared obsession with Draco, which I'm sure will help. Haha but yes, we'll definitely have to wait until I finish reading the story. Lol I actually did the same thing years ago - I read someone's fanfiction, ended up becoming really good friends with her, and we worked together on new stories! Though we never ended up finishing any of them. :p

It might be nerdy, but I did the exact same thing. Lol I definitely created my own fanfics in my mind too!! I think that all of us HP obsessed have done some version of that at some point. It's just how we show our love. ;) Especially with a character like Draco who had so much room for development that wasn't in the books. I think it's only natural that we take that and develop a storyline like that in our own minds! (And being in love with him certainly doesn't hurt.)

However it developed, it certainly developed well! It's definitely not a childish imaginary romance or anything that might have come from a 6th grader. :) It's awesome that the idea stuck with you for that long though! Since it's been in your head that long, I'm sure that makes the characters feel even more real.

I must say, I'm really glad your real name is Ashley, cause without knowing any other names, I was subconsciously already calling you Ashley in my mind! I did notice that the part about her not having a French name was a little bit random, but it didn't seem that out of place, so I think it worked out well!!

I don't have any more specific questions at the moment... But I'll probably keep coming back on here to talk to you, and I'm sure I'll come up with more things to ask you! Haha
:halloweensmilies5:

I'll talk to you soon!!

Leslie <3 <3 <3 (Triple!!)

#9 ashleydelacour

ashleydelacour

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

I dunno if reading the one shot really matters. Then again, I'm not someone who's bothered by spoilers. So if you are, then it might be a better idea to wait.

I'm glad you share the same enthusiasm I do about writing more! Even though you and the other writer may not have posted, I will make sure our work is posted online! :)

I shall leave you with this halloween emoticon! :halloweensmilies6:

Talk to you later!

Posted Image

Slytherin's Angel (M)

#10 leslie17

leslie17

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Ok, time for new questions! (You haven't heard from me here or on reviews in awhile, so I figured I'd make it up to you by posting a lot! Haha)

When did you fall in love with Draco? (As in, when in the books/movies?)
If you were writing a different story, which other character would you most want to write about?
Do you want to be a writer, like as a career? And if so what types of things would you want to write?
Are there any other fanfics that you've read that influenced your story in any way?
Have you read any other fanfics that you'd recommend? (Don't worry, even if I'm reading others I won't let myself get too distracted again!)

Leslie <3

Edited by orderofthephoenix, 05 November 2012 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users