6 replies to this topic

#1 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi! I'm ScarletEye158, or otherwise known as Amanda :)

I've decided to create a Meet the Author page so that if you had any questions about my writing... you could ask here ;)

So... ask away!

siggybyEstella_zps7e4c27e3.png

amazing set by Estella! <3 

Amanda (12+) | My Stories (12+) | MTA (12+)

#2 ScorpiusRose17

ScorpiusRose17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi Amanda!! :bye: (I know that this is the bye guy, but I wanted him to wave hi!)

I am here to ask you some questions about your story and then I have some random questions to ask.

Story Questions:

1) What inspired you to write In the Friend Zone? Overcoming Obstacles?

2) What is your favorite Character or ship to write about?

3) Overcoming Obstacles was an awesome story, how long did it take you to write it?

4) In The Friend Zone was a great POV story between Rose and Scorpius. Did you find them hard to write at all? (if so which one of them?)

5) If you could give advice to other Authors what would it be?

Random Questions:

1) If you looked into the Mirror of Erised what would you see and why?

2) If you were faced with a Boggart what would it turn into and why?

3) What would your Patronus be and why?

4) What was your favorite Movie? Book? Character?

5) Which was your least favorite Book? Movie? Character?

Okay this is all that I have to ask for now. When I think of some more I will come back!

-Jenn

1envcw_zpsbe41df0a.png

*Amazing set by: SwissMiss@tda*

*New Story: Always (15+) Lily/Severus* *New Story: The Fates Design (M)* *Author Page (12+ -M)

#3 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yay, questions!

Hi, Jenn! :bye: (that's okay a wave is a wave! :happy: )

Story Questions:

1) What inspired you to write In the Friend Zone? Overcoming Obstacles?

Well In The Friend Zone is a show from MTV and I got the idea from there! I always like to think Rose and Scorpius are friends and get together so i just used the show as my plot! :happy:

Overcoming Obstacles is for a challenge and I'm writing a story about Neville and Hannah's daughter anyways so I was like eh, "why not?" I for sure wanted Alice to have a big brother so it sort of worked out perfectly (: I don't really know where the idea of the funeral came from but it worked out nicely, didn't it? :D

2) What is your favorite Character or ship to write about?

I really liked writing Scorpius for In The Friend Zone and for me, Rose/Scorpius is a must, so I'd say they're my favorite to write (: I do like writing my OC Alice for my upcoming story so hopefully you can read her story soon!

3) Overcoming Obstacles was an awesome story, how long did it take you to write it?

It took me quite a while to write actually... I'd say around a month and a half- two months. I had a sort of writers block around the part where the Pastor comes into the story and didn't know how to end it until probably 2 days before I posted it :D

4) In The Friend Zone was a great POV story between Rose and Scorpius. Did you find them hard to write at all? (if so which one of them?)

Oh, thank you (: I found Scorpius really easy, but Rose was a little difficult... I've read such good stories about her so it took a little while to give her her own personality (:

5) If you could give advice to other Authors what would it be?

I would say to do whatever pleases you. If you are writing a story just to please someone else, then you arent doing yourseld and favors. Write because you really love it and don't change your story for anyone! (:

Random Questions:

1) If you looked into the Mirror of Erised what would you see and why?

I think I'd see myself with a big family of my own with millions of nieces and nephews in a big house crowded with animals! I'd also probably see myself a sucessful nurse in the Childhood Cancer clinic doing all that I can to make them feel better (:

2) If you were faced with a Boggart what would it turn into and why?

It's funny, I used to be able to answer this question so easily, but now i really have to think about it. Spiders are probably one of my biggest fears (I know, just like Ron) But now I'd have to say that losing my family and close friends would probably be it. Also a world with no Harry Potter, that would be quite frightening too! :S

3) What would your Patronus be and why?

I'd have to say a horse! Horses are my favorite animal and I love how graceful and loyal they are. <3

4) What was your favorite Movie? Book? Character?

Movie is a tie between DH part 1 & 2. Those two were brilliant even if they werent perfect :p. Book is definetely Half-Blood Prince. I love all the romance in that book :) Character is Ron! Ron has been my favorite since book one and I loved how he stayed the same yet also changed through each book :D <3

5) What was your least favorite Movie? Book? Character?

I think my least favorite movie was prbably Order of the Phoenix. Seeing Harry so depressed made me upset and I just dont think they did all that good of a job with it. I think my least favorite book would also be Order of the Phoenix. It was just too sad and depressing for me and I really got upset when Sirius died :/ Least favorite character would probably be Umbridge or Voldy. They are both so unforgivably evil and deseve everything they got done to them (: hehe, hope that doesn't sound too mean!

Thanks for all the questions!

-Amanda

#4 soufflegirl99

soufflegirl99

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi Amanda! Merry Christmas!  :110: I have a few questions for you about all the awesome stories you write! :D

1) Which Next Generation character do you most enjoy writing about and why?

2) Which Hogwarts Proffessor are you most like?

3) What gave you the inspiration for 'Spread your Wings'?

4) How long does it take you to write a chapter?

5) Which is your favourite HP ship out of all of them and why?

6) In in the Friend Zone, are you more like Scorpius or Rose?

7) If you didn't pair Neville with Hannah, who would you think would be a good match for Neville? (canon or non canon  :happy: )

8) Which one of your stories did you find the hardest to write? 

That's all from me! Have an awesome Christmas and new year!  :xmerrychristmas:

soufflegirl99_zps184cf8a5.png

Awesome icon and sig by illumination and Eliena at TDA !

My Stories (12+ -- M)

#5 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hi Amanda! Merry Christmas!  :110: I have a few questions for you about all the awesome stories you write! :D

1) Which Next Generation character do you most enjoy writing about and why?

2) Which Hogwarts Proffessor are you most like?

3) What gave you the inspiration for 'Spread your Wings'?

4) How long does it take you to write a chapter?

5) Which is your favourite HP ship out of all of them and why?

6) In in the Friend Zone, are you more like Scorpius or Rose?

7) If you didn't pair Neville with Hannah, who would you think would be a good match for Neville? (canon or non canon  :happy: )

8) Which one of your stories did you find the hardest to write? 

That's all from me! Have an awesome Christmas and new year!  :xmerrychristmas:

Hey! So sorry this took so long to get back to, I didn't even realize I had any questions!  :shy:

1. I really like writing about Albus. He's just a super interesting character and he has soo many possibilities going for him! He could be a super modest character because of the way he grew up, but he could also be extremely full of himself too. He could either act like Harry or Ginny (who are in my opinion, complete opposites), or he could be a totally different person than the rest of his family. That's the beauty of Next Gen and why I love writing it so much!

2. Hmm that's a good one! I'm probably most like Hagrid because of my love for animals :happy: I also like to think I'm a pretty nice person and am pretty protective of my friends/family like Hagrid is. 

3. I think the inspiration came for Spread Your Wings came from a challenge that I was entered in before but wasn't able to get my chapter out in time. I've had the idea and most of the chapter laying around for awhile but just finally decided to post it and see where it went from there pretty recently :)

4. It usually takes a quite a long time actually :/ I get distracted VERY easily and tend to hit a writers block pretty often :( I'm hoping to be able to start writing a lot again when spring break or summer come along because school is taking up most of my time right now!

5. I really really love Ron and Hermione. <3 JKR kinda broke my heart with that new article that said Harry and Hermione should've ended up together. I completely disagree with her because Ron and Hermione definitely balance each other out. My boyfriend and I really aren't anything alike and I think that's what makes it work the most for us. Of course we disagree a lot about things but its how you learn more about each other and just about life in general so I think they would've been a perfect couple!

6. I'm probably more like Rose. I don't think I would've been able to set up a date like Scorpius did or even tell the person I liked how I felt about them. I'm pretty shy so I usually let the guys come to me instead of making a big move :p

7. I'd probably have to say Luna. I do really really like Neville and Hannah together, but Neville and Luna definitely had something together during the last few books in the series. They were the two who were kind of left out of the group during OotP and they stuck together through a lot. They're both also just so awkward and weird that I think they probably would've done well together ;)

8. I think Before It's Too Late is probably the hardest to write. I definitely know where I want the story to go, I'm just having a hard time writing it. I think second chapters are the worst for me to write for some reason, so once I completely finish it, it'll probably go a lot smoother. I also think it's kind of hard for me because I myself am a cancer survivor so I really want the story to be perfect and I'm definitely my own biggest critic. 

Thank you for all of the questions!  I really enjoyed answering them! 

-Amanda

Edited by ScarletEye158, 20 February 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Amanda! :hug:

1. What's your favourite era to read? Least fav?
2. If you could have written a story on the archives that someone else wrote, which one would it be?
3. Favourite snack food? :woot:
4. Tips on writing next gen?

Have fun answering :wub:

#7 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

oooh, questions! Thanks, Nadia :happy:

1. What's your favourite era to read? Least fav?  I really like reading Marauders and Next. Gen :) there is just so much that can happen with those stories because we don't know too much about them! I don't really like reading the Hogwarts Era. I'm very stubborn and only really like to read JKRs version of what happened during Harry's year :p

2. If you could have written a story on the archives that someone else wrote, which one would it be? Probably Delicate and Still Delicate because that's my all time favorite story here. It's so amazingly written and the plot is just.... gah!  :wub: 
3. Favourite snack food? :woot: Oh, Nadia... :p It would probably have to be... popcorn. How could a college student survive life without popcorn? ;)

4. Tips on writing next gen? just write your characters how you imagine them to be and don't worry about getting the ages, genders and personalities right because JKR didn't specify on many of them. Just do what makes you happy because it will show in your writing if you aren't comfortable with how you are writing your characters :)

thanks for the questions, girly!  :hug:

Edited by ScarletEye158, 10 May 2014 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users