8 replies to this topic

#1 Brittanique

Brittanique

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hey, I was just thinking this as I was clicking away to get to a member's profile to hopefully find a link to their Author's Page....

When you hover over a person's username, a little pop-up mini-profile comes up. It has their picture, latest status, online/offline and all that good stuff.. At the bottom, though, it has buttons allowing you to add them as a friend or look at their blog.. I was curious to know if we could add a button to link to their author's page?

Maybe you could have an input box in the 'edit profile' somewhere and they could rate the link, which could change the button in question:

They could be as simple as coulours:

Red for Mature

Blue for 15+

Green for 12+

Or they could have a little text on them, something like the way most people rate their links on the fourms.

Edit: I just noticed that there are two text buttons under the little avatar and I think it could probably go there pretty nicely as well?

I don't know. This isn't crutial or anything, I just thought it would be a nice feature if ever possible. (:

Brittanique

Edited by Brittanique, 04 April 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#2 Jenna822

Jenna822

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

That sounds like a neat idea, but colour coding wouldn't be needed. Author pages have to be 12+ because they're in general access view.

#3 Brittanique

Brittanique

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Oh right! I knew that. Haha. I guess I was thinking about author pages but typing about individual stories..

That or I'm simply being silly.

Anyways, I'm glad someone else likes my idea. xD

#4 Caaitiee

Caaitiee

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I think that sounds like a really good idea :) It didn't even click with me until I read Jenna822's post that you wouldn't need the colour coding :p But I do think that it would be handy!

Loony_Scorpy on the archive || Set by Giola

Posted Image

S.D.W.W.S.

Author's Page [12+ to M]

#5 magicmuggle01

magicmuggle01

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Good idea for the extra button. I agree with the comment about author links are 12+ so no need to put colour coded buttons.

#6 potterweasleygranger

potterweasleygranger

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

I like the idea too, it would be really handy.

byhedwidgeon.png            alsobyhedwidgeon.png

#7 dobbys_socks

dobbys_socks

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I played a game here where you had to choose a person or capture them and you would leave clues so everybody else could try and guess who you had taken (you didn't actually "take" them, it's figurative language here people). When I was trying to guess, I read blogs and stories and stuff but most of the time found it hard to find their author page. Some people prefer not to put a link in their sig or about me page or blog or whatever, so I agree whole-heartedly that this would be a great feature to add to HPFF, for other reasons than what I've given.

~dobby

Posted Image

absolutely gorgeous set by JellO @ tda || stories (12+)

#8 Brittanique

Brittanique

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

I'm glad so many of you agree with me. I was a little hesitant to post it, since most of my ideas are fairly silly.

But yes. It would be a great addition to an already amazing site. xD

#9 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Most people tend to have a link to their stories in their signatures, blogs, about me, meet the author etc., but if you're struggling to locate their stories that way you could always use the search function on the archives or simply ask them - I'm sure most people would happily send you the link to their stories if you wanted to read them. If they don't already have the link to their stories on their forum profile, I think it's unlikely they'd use a feature like the one you suggest so I'm not sure how necessary or useful it would be. I can see why sometimes it's hard to find someone's stories, but I'm not sure this would solve your issue. :)

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

You can make 10 more posts today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users