• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

Teacher

• Site Owner
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

One of the perks of being the owner of such a fabulous site? You can bend the rules a little and nobody (apart from several staff and a few pinickity members) will notice. So I'm gonna post about nothing related to HP and you can assume all links are safe, until a staffer comes along and rates them :p

About this time last year I decided to do the London to Paris bike ride in aid of children with cancer, I raised over £1500/$2200, a lot of it from people at HPFF. Unfortunately, I had a health issue which meant I couldn't complete the ride and while I felt terribly guilty about not completing the journey that a lot of you guys had donated for, I promised I'd do something else, sometime to make up for it.

Well here it is. This year I'm going to be doing a night cycle-ride from London to Brighton (60 miles) in aid of the British Heart Foundation. I decided on a night ride for two reasons, I've never done one and it gives the guys in the USA a chance to follow me. I'll be riding from 11.30pm to sunrise (UK) which is 5.30pm to midnight (central) and I'll be GPS tagged so you can see my progress on an online map and (hopefully) send me messages of support.

I usually choose a children's charity to help but I decided on the BHF as my father has had several heart attacks and his brother died from heart disease, as did my paternal Grandfather (who I'm named after) Yep, heart disease runs in the family and for those of you that know me? Now you know why I'm always in that bloody gym trying to stay fit :p

But you really didn't think I was going to leave the kids out did you? I'm also going to do the Warrior Dash in aid of St Jude Children's Hospital a children's hospital based in the USA. It 's the first time this event has been held in the UK and I think I quite like the idea of running through mud, water and fire to help the kids.

So there it is, something for you guys on both sides of the pond and yep I'll be asking you to donate some cash. If you donated last time, these two events are for you. If you didn't, get your hand in your pocket and either help prevent heart disease or help research into children's diseases in the USA.

I raised a load of money last year, but this time I don't have a target. I just want to raise money to help these great causes. I'll have some sort of a donation page up shortly, but until then look under that couch for any spare change for me. :)

#2 MrsJaydeMalfoy

MrsJaydeMalfoy

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

:yahoo: Woot! Go Jay!! It's really great to see someone so involved in Charity work; you're an inspiration to us all! I look forward to tracking your progress and cheering you on!

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zps756806

TBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

Pufftastic forums set by EmmaWeasley!

#3 magicmuggle01

magicmuggle01

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Go for it Jay. If I had lived anywhere on the London to Brighton route I'd be out there cheering you on.

#4 Jenna822

Jenna822

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Good luck!! :sorcerer:

#5 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Good luck Jay :) You're doing something so noble, just being a member of a site that you own makes me proud :D

:bunny:

A Proud Slytherin | My HPFF stories (12+ to M

WISTFUL_zps5db1ea1b.gif

Sig Set by Wistful

#6 dracolovergirl5000

dracolovergirl5000

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Good luck Jay!