• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 explosion!

explosion!

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

So.... Yeah I got bored today and decided to jump on the bandwagon and create a MTA page.

Any questions you have for me will be answered (albeit in a very long, rambling response) so be prepared.

RAWR

-Rebecca

#2 EnigmaticEyes16

EnigmaticEyes16

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

Hi! I am here to ask questions!

1. What is your favorite pairing of all time?

2. What is your favorite pairing to write?

3. What pairing will you never write?

4. Do you prefer to write in the 1st or 3rd POV and why?

5. Do you prefer to write male or female characters?

awesome avatar & siggie made by Mike!

sigbymikeredone_zpsed92abb9.png

Sirrah Malfoy [Mature] ~ My HPFF page [+15-M]

#3 explosion!

explosion!

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

OOO Yay! My first set of questions :) I'm so happy!

1. What is your favorite pairing of all time?
Favorite pairing of all time would be..... James/OC. It's a tie though between James the first/OC and JamesII/oc. I can't decide between which pairing I like more, but there's something about the pairings that make my head spin and heart flutter.

2. What is your favorite pairing to write?
Favorite pairing to write is JamesII/OC, because you know, JamesII is sexy (at least in my head).

3. What pairing will you never write?
James/Lily. Seems like it would be way to hard to write seeing as JK Rowling has already written them into a neat little box. It's the same reason I don't read James/Lily.

4. Do you prefer to write in the 1st or 3rd POV and why?
My favorite to write in is actually second person, but since I only have a choice of 1st and 3rd I'll say 1st. I feel like I have more of a connection with the characters when I write it in 1st person, because it's an actual person narrating instead of some ominous voice jumping from character to character. I don't like reading 3rd person in general because I find it too... detached? I dunno I guess I just find it very hard to pull of 3rd person well.

5. Do you prefer to write male or female characters?
FEMALE! Although I do have a writing in the works that alternates between a female and male point of view and I do like writing male characters very much. But you know, I gotta go for flower power and all that rot.

Thank you for the questions :)

#4 Jess the Enthusiast

Jess the Enthusiast

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

REBECCA!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna annoy you with some questions; you do not have a choice in zee matter.

1. Would you rather be a Hogwarts student or go to Beauxbatons?

2. You're in Hogsmeade. Which shop do you hit first? Why?

3. Why exactly is James Potter so hot? (You may answer this with an analysis of either the first, second, or both James Potters)

~Jess :D

~avatar and signature by (sol)~

tardissig.png

hpff [m]

#5 explosion!

explosion!

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

AHH jessss thank you for giving my author's page some life, and may i say you're questions are brill?!

1. Would you rather be a Hogwarts student or go to Beauxbatons?
Beauxbatons! I mean, the school colors and uniform are deff my cup of tea, and you know the way I imagine Beauxbatons is as this school filled with girly things and hot guys. Also when I think about it, the people at Beauxbatons never really got caught up in any of the war drama. They were just on their own, having a blast in France, while a huge deathly war was going on at Hogwarts.

2. You're in Hogsmeade. Which shop do you hit first? Why?
Honeydukes because chocolate and candy and everything good in the world resides there.

3. Why exactly is James Potter so hot? (You may answer this with an analysis of either the first, second, or both James Potters)

Well I've got to admit I think both James Potters are equally hot and want them both for myself. But I guess that's a little wrong considering they're related and that'd cause lots of drama but hm...

James Potter (the first one) is hot because he's all bad boy with his prank pulling and you know seeing as he's a prankster I also like to assume that he's funny and bad-boy-funny-guys are like my number one love in life. And you know he also was like an amazing Quidditch player supposedly which doesn't hurt ;) And then there's also the fact that he gave up his life to try and protect Lily and Harry which is like OMG LET ME LOVE YOU PLEASE because he's just so selfless and beautiful and perfect. Wooh, let me stop now before I start crying.

James Potter II is hot because I imagine him as a really broody guy with lots of issues and so I just want to take him and cuddle with him and keep him in my pocket to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. I just imagine him a really flawed what with the pressure to try and live up to a dad like his. IDK I guess I just invented him to be my perfect guy since you know there were no guidelines for any of the next gen characters.

#6 Juicey_Moosey

Juicey_Moosey

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hey Rebecca! I'm Julia :)

Anyway I love read both Turning the Tables and Beauty Queen and they're amazing! :wub:
Fangirl moment over.
1) Favourite colour?
2) What's your inspiration for writing?
3) All time favourite book/story?
4) If you could invent a new sweet for Honeydukes, what would it be, and what would it be called?
5) If you could be any teacher at Hogwarts for a day, who would you be and why?

Bye :bye:

Julia

f8q.gif

Jules, Juicy_Moosey,  Jools, A Moose who may or may not be Juicy.

#7 explosion!

explosion!

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hello, Julia! Lovely to meet you and I'm so flattered you like both of my stories :blushing:

1) Favourite colour?
Lilac!

2) What's your inspiration for writing?
I always liked writing to be honest. Like ever since I was in 3rd grade I wrote a lot because I mean, what kid doesn't like to make up their own world? I guess I got really inspired to write after I started reading Sarah Dessen's stories, because her writing is so beautiful and the metaphors and interlacing of her words are perfection, so I've always aimed to be able to write a story that makes people feel the way I feel when I read her stories.

3) All time favourite book/story?
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen :)

4) If you could invent a new sweet for Honeydukes, what would it be, and what would it be called?
Hm... probably something that contains chocolate and peanut butter and fluff all mixed together into like a candy bar of goodness. nothing too crazy or magical since I don't quite know if I'd like magical food very much. Don't know what it's be called though.

5) If you could be any teacher at Hogwarts for a day, who would you be and why?
I'd be...Professor Slughorn. He seems like he doesn't really do much and since I'm lazy I wouldn't want to have to work too hard. And I'd eat a lot. Also, I could probably take his stash of felix felicis and have an awesome day with that.

Thank you for the lovely questions :)))))

#8 MazBlue

MazBlue

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hey Rebecca! I have always been a big fan of your work especially Beauty Queen and Turning the Tables!

1. I love the friendship that is shown between Dom and Coco in Beauty Queen - how do you write it so realistically and show their friendship from so many different angles.

2. Was there one moment or chapter in particular you struggles with in Turning the Tables because you weren't sure on how to write it or in what way?

3. Natasha and James's relationship in Beauty Queen is so complex. I love them together, their friendship and their trust in each other. How did you think up the idea for the story - it's so unique!

Lots of love,

Maz <3

mazblue_zpsb8363596.png

Beautiful icon by Gingersnape and Gorgeous graphic by Elenia

~GO GRYFFINDOR~

:Gryffindor:

My Stories (M)

#9 explosion!

explosion!

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hey Maz! Thanks for your lovely questions and I'm so happy you like my writing. Seriously. I still can't believe anyone reads my stuff.

1. I love the friendship that is shown between Dom and Coco in Beauty Queen - how do you write it so realistically and show their friendship from so many different angles.

Ahhh, I always get so happy when people like Dom and Coco's friendship, because it's based off of me and my best friend (although me and her agree that best friend isn't even the way to describe it because we're definitely soul mates). So the reason it came off realistically is because it is real. A lot of the conversations Dom and Coco have are similar to conversations I've had with my best friend and a lot of the struggles they go through are the same as well so it was just super easy for me to write. 

2. Was there one moment or chapter in particular you struggles with in Turning the Tables because you weren't sure on how to write it or in what way?

Oh god. I actually started writing TtT with no plan. All I knew was that I'd read a million stories where a girl who's bulled left Hogwarts and then returned pretty, but all the stories had been abandoned so I just wanted to write one that got finished. Sadly, once I got to the middle of the story, I realized I had no idea how it was going to go. Mostly because I really hated James. So I guess the whole last half of the story was hard for me to write, because I was trying to figure out how to end it in a way where I would be okay with Corinne being with James. I actually struggled because I secretly shipped her with Tyson the entire story. But, I mean, it was a James/OC so that couldn't happen. Luckily by the end of the story I was happy with them being together.

3. Natasha and James's relationship in Beauty Queen is so complex. I love them together, their friendship and their trust in each other. How did you think up the idea for the story - it's so unique!

Aw thank you! I'm so glad you like Tash and James, I loved writing them. I actually came up with the idea of this story when I was watching Toddlers&Tiaras. I was like "what if there was a girl who was a beauty queen who attended Hogwarts?". And then as soon as I came up with that idea I was like "Holy crap, I don't think I've ever read anything like that before". So then I grabbed my laptop and started writing. Then because the idea was so different to me, I decided from there I wanted to make everything about the story as different as possible than what people would expect from a NextGen fic. So I decided to make a James that wasn't outgoing and jokey and was instead really closed off, a Molly who wasn't an annoying carbon copy of Percy, a Scorpius in Gryffindor who was captain of the Quidditch team, a Hufflepuff Quidditch team that was undefeated, and  instead of doing the obvious pairing of ScoRose I decided to do Dom/Scorp. And then of course I wanted to make Lily an uberfan of Natasha because I thought it'd be funny (Tash's bump in with Lily on the platform in Chapter 6 was actually the first scene I thought up for the story) and I figured I'd toss Lucy in because she's a very underused character. 

Okay so I basically over explained every answer... as you can tell I love answering questions so thank you so much for coming over here and giving me some!

-Rebecca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users