#1 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hello!

I decided to make a MTA-page for myself if there is somebody out there who might want to ask me something about my stories or something else (:

Somethings about me:

- I love to write (yes, I know, it's a shocker!)

- I love to write in english even though it's not my native language, but I just can't write stuff in my own language, I'm never satisfied enough. I even read all my books in English as I'm not satisfied with other people's writing in my own language either (x

- I've been writing for years already, but now I finally managed to gather enough courage and actually publish one story. We'll see how it goes, if I will ever post any other stories again d:

But yeah, I'm not going to reveal anything else now. Then you won't have anything left to ask me (: So send your questions and I'll try to answer them as good as I can!

Oh, and here's a link to my Author page: http://www.harrypott...?showuid=219194 (12+)

Edited by Alopex, 08 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.
request

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

Trying not to love you (m) || Gallery (15+) || The Burning One (m)

#2 MissMuggle

MissMuggle

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hello! I really admire you for writing in English since its a second language. I'm impressed. It's my first language and right now I'm studying a bit of German and it's HARD. So I'm very impressed.
Anyway, some questions...
1) Which is your favorite Harry Potter book?
2) Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
3) Why do you write Harry Potter fanfiction?
4) What is your writing process like? Do you do anything special (like listen to music or something) or just sit down and write?

set by Snoopy

Posted Image

Writing Exercise Challenge Winners: Splintered Roses(M) Heartache in Hogsmeade(15+) Their Trip to Gringotts(M)

#3 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Oh wow, didn't think I would get a post so fast! (:

I think it's a lot easier to write in English, The words just come much more fluently. I like it so much better than my own language, Hey, I even think in English sometimes (x

Okay, lets get on with your questions.

1. My favourite book of the HP-series. This is really a hard one, as I like all of them for different reasons. I always like to think of them as a one big book. But if I really had to choose I would have to say its the Prisoner of Azkaban. That's the one that really really really got me hooked and I absolutely completely fell in love with the series. But all the others come very close by.

2. My favourite character. Actually I don't have one, but four. The Marauders. Adore them, love them, worship them. They are just soooo cool. I would have been their number one biggest fan girl if I was in Hogwarts with them. Not because of the looks, but because of all the prankstering and the amount of fun they must have had and because they are just brilliant. I think that's the reason I like to write about James II. I like to think that he's just like his namesakes, but as we really don't know anything about him, there are so many possibilities for him.
Another one of my favourites is dear ol' Minnie. She's just got something! I would someday like to write a ff about her and her secret wild side

3. The reason I write HP fics. Easy, the countless amount of possibilities. Rowling gave us such a huge world and used such a little part of it herself; it's so easy to find stuff to write about.

4. About my writing process. Music, that's the key. At least it is every time I get stuck. Usually it is pretty easy for me to sit down and write, but at times when I'm too distracted I like to put the music on and get the mood from that. Especially movie soundtracks work for me.

I hope that's enough for you (:

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#4 atellam

atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

YAY Questions! :yahoo:

Alrighty, haha, here goes.

1. What inspired your for the plot of 'Trying not to love you?'
2. White, Milk or Dark Chocolate?
3. Favourite band? (You said music helps you write)
4. What other plot bunnies you do currently have for when you finish TNTLY?
And finally...
5. Dogs or cats?

set by .crimson @ TDA

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gallery 15+ | Canis Major M

#5 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yey! I loooove questions!

1. What inspired your for the plot of 'Trying not to love you?'
The chorus of Nickelback's song 'Trying not to love you'. I was listening it one day and the plot slowly started to form in my head. I had to listen the song again and more ideas came through. That's where the story got it's name too, as a thank you for the magnificent idea (x

2. White, Milk or Dark Chocolate?
Mmm... I'm going to answer... chocolate! Yeah, that's right. I looove chocolate, all kinds of chocolate! But if I was forced to choose then maybe milk chocolate... or white

3. Favourite band? (You said music helps you write)
That changes a lot! I listen to all kinds of music, and I've never really had a most favourite band. It all depends on the mood I'm in. But my favourite music style is rock. I cannot be more specific on that either, because all kinds of rock songs work for me. But now when I've been writing 'TntLY' the most popular inspiration sources have been Nickelback, Sugarcult and Train.

4. What other plot bunnies you do currently have for when you finish TNTLY?
I have a great idea for another novel but I'm not going to reveal anything about it. Other than it will be based on Albus. Originally I was going to write it about James II but I decided that Albus will actually work better for the plot. I have other teeny tiny plot bunnies in my head too but they haven't got any room to grow since 'TntLY' and the other one are hogging all the space d:

5. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I like cats too, but not as much.

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#6 moonyxluna

moonyxluna

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey Eleina! I just read your authors response about how you can’t give details… I thought I’d stop and ask a few questions that you might be able to answer :p
  • What got you in to HPFF?
  • I know you said English isn’t your first language, but yet you manage to write it so brilliantly; how did you learn so well?
  • Do you base Gwen off yourself when you write her? Is there anyone you base James/Kat/Fred off of?
  • If you could take any class at Hogwarts, what professor would you want it to be from, and what lesson?
  • What’s your favorite book from the Harry Potter series? Favorite movie?
  • How long do you plan on making Trying Not to Love You?
  • What are some of your favorite ships? Least favorite?
  • What would you see if you looked in the Mirror of Erised?
  • If you could have any job in the Wizarding world, what would it be and why?
  • Do you have any plans for other stories? (I’d love to read them if you do!)
Thanks!

reviews(12+)||hpff (12+to m)

Posted Image

"It's you that needs me tonight."

#7 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

Oooh, huge amount of questions! <3

1. What got you in to HPFF?
I have actually visited HPFF before like years ago. I found it again around September and started reading again. I started to think that maybe I would finally be brave enough to post one of my stories so I joined. Took me another two months to gather my courage but eventually I closed my eyes and just hit the 'Add a new story' -button. I'm so glad I did, not just because all the awesome feedback I've gotten, but because all the amazing people I've met because of it <3

2. I know you said English isn’t your first language, but yet you manage to write it so brilliantly; how did you learn so well?
Reading and writing in English. No other proper explanation. I've never liked my own language in the written form, so I started to write in English. The Grammar and the writing skills have improved during the years. You should see my very first pieces. They are quite horrible (x

3. Do you base Gwen off yourself when you write her? Is there anyone you base James/Kat/Fred off of?
Not completely. She gets some traits from me and some from my friends. James is based on my best friends and my husband, Kat has traits from all the horrible persons I've known during my life and Fred is based on my friends too (: So everyone gets something from the people I know, but some qualities are just made up.

4. If you could take any class at Hogwarts, what professor would you want it to be from, and what lesson?
This is a good question. I've never even thought about it. Hmm... oh, yes. Transfiguration with Dumbledore as the professor! I would like to see what kind of a educator he was back when he was still teaching.

5. What’s your favorite book from the Harry Potter series? Favorite movie?
I love them all but if I have to choose, then I would say PoA because of the Marauders. Gotta love them. I guess it's the same with the movies.

6. How long do you plan on making Trying Not to Love You?
30 chapters or more. I'm not sure yet. I have three possible endings and I'm not sure yet which one I'm going to choose. I have 28 chapters planned plus the ones that come with the ending (:

7. What are some of your favorite ships? Least favorite?
I really don't have any least favourite ships. I love to read about every pair people come up with. Favourites, well, I always love the OC's so anyone who is paired with one. But probably most of all I love to read about Sirius/OC and JamesII/OC. From canon pairs Remus/Tonks, James/Lily, Teddy/Victoire and Rose/Scorpius.

8. What would you see if you looked in the Mirror of Erised?
Gaah, this is such a hard question. That's why I always ask it from others (x I'm actually really happy right now with my life. Only real big dream I have right now is to move to London, so I guess I'd see myself there with the persons I love.

9. If you could have any job in the Wizarding world, what would it be and why?
Professional Quidditch player! Yes, definitely. That's the thing I would love to experience. And I just love sports and I'm really competitive, so I'm pretty sure that would be the path I'd have chosen (x

10. Do you have any plans for other stories? (I’d love to read them if you do!)
Yes. I'm writing a challenge entry right now, and I have a plunny of another story I'm going to start when 'TntLY' has gained 'few' more chapters.

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#8 hplover_987

hplover_987

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi! Got some questions for you ;)

1) Where was your inspiration for 'Trying not to love you'?

2) How do you keep motivated enough to keep writing?

3) What's your fave pairing? Is it the same that you write?

4) Are there any more stories in the works?

5) What era is your fave to write? Why?

6) Do you think its easier to write OC's or canon? Why?

Thanks and keep writing :) !
Georgous sig by lazy bones @ TDA.

Posted Image
NaNo - 2065/50,000
Author Page (M) // TDA

#9 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey! (:

1) Where was your inspiration for 'Trying not to love you'?
Nickelback's song with the same name. I was listening to the new album and all these plunnies just started hopping around my head. It was crazy, I had to listen the song three times straight as I figured out the main things.

2) How do you keep motivated enough to keep writing?
I'm motivated because of the awesome reviews I've gotten. They are the main reason, my muse absolutely adores them (x

3) What's your fave pairing? Is it the same that you write?
I have many. Lily/James, Remus/Tonks, Vic/Ted, Rose/Scorpius. I could continue this list forever. And no, I usually write about OC's

4) Are there any more stories in the works?
Yes. I have an annoying plunny that I'm forcing to the back of mind, I need to get 'TntLY' a bit more further before I allow myself to start it. Then I have a challenge piece that I'm working on right now. And another one forming. But 'TntLY' is hogging most of the space so I don't have that much inspiration for the others quite yet.

5) What era is your fave to write? Why?
To write, next-gen. Because there are so many opportunities with the characters, that's why I love to write about it the most. Reading is different, then I like Marauders the best because my favourite characters are on that era.

6) Do you think its easier to write OC's or canon? Why?
OC's. Again, so many opportunities. Canon have their personalities already, and you can't really go changing them to whatever you want. I like to develop my characters just the way I want, so I feel like I'm too restricted if I write canons.

Thank you so much for the questions, they were great! (:

Edited by Elenia, 11 March 2012 - 05:34 PM.

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#10 coppertop1

coppertop1

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

OK, let's see. First off, I didn't know English was a second language, everything is so good, spelling and writing.

Questions.

1) How long have you been writing?

2) What is your favourite house to write about?

3) What themes do you like writing about?

4) What are your pet peeves in fiction?

#11 CambAngst

CambAngst

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I am sitting here in awe at the revelation that English is not your first language. Your writing is so fluid and lovely. I don't have words for how impressed I am.

Anyway, on the the questions:

1) Which "dialect" of English did you study? American? British? Aussie? Other?

2) I really love the way that you write Gwenny's inner monologue. She always seems to have a thought that captures the feelings of the moment perfectly. How do you come up with them? Do you have conversations like this inside your own head?

3) What sorts of things do you read when you're not reading HP and HPFF? What are your favorite books outside the series?

4) Do you set aside a certain time each day/week to do your writing or is it more free-form?

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore
My Author Page (stories range from 15+ to M) - My MTA Page (12+)
Posted Image

#12 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ooh, so many questions <3

OK, let's see. First off, I didn't know English was a second language, everything is so good, spelling and writing.

Questions.

1) How long have you been writing?

2) What is your favourite house to write about?

3) What themes do you like writing about?

4) What are your pet peeves in fiction?

Aww, thanks (:

1. Hmm, quite long. Ten years? Not continuously though, there have been long breaks during that time. But I think I wrote my very first thing around ten years ago. It was an OF piece, I wrote my first fanfiction about five(?) years ago

2. Gryffindor. I guess it's the easiest, since I've always pictured I'd be a Gryffie so they are the easiest to relate.

3. Anything really, I don't have preferences. Some themes are easier to write than others, but if my plot is strong enough and I'm inspired, I could write about anything really.

4. About fanfiction generally? Nothing really. I just like to read, I don't mind what the pairing is or what the plot is about, if it's written brilliantly, I will propably love it. But there are few things that annoy me, like when I read a fic about the Marauders and Peter isn't even mentioned once after the beginning, that annoys me quite much. So I guess that's my biggest pet peeve about HP fanfiction.

Thanks for the questions (:

I am sitting here in awe at the revelation that English is not your first language. Your writing is so fluid and lovely. I don't have words for how impressed I am.

Anyway, on the the questions:

1) Which "dialect" of English did you study? American? British? Aussie? Other?

2) I really love the way that you write Gwenny's inner monologue. She always seems to have a thought that captures the feelings of the moment perfectly. How do you come up with them? Do you have conversations like this inside your own head?

3) What sorts of things do you read when you're not reading HP and HPFF? What are your favorite books outside the series?

4) Do you set aside a certain time each day/week to do your writing or is it more free-form?

Haha, thanks. I try, so it's nice to hear it's good d:

1. British mostly, spiced with American. I've had so many different teachers during the years and all of them have had different ways of teaching, so it's all a big blur sometimes. But I try to stick with British 'dialect'

2. Yeah, sort of. I ponder a lot about about my decisions and actions. Not in the same way as Gwen does but still there are similarities. It just sort of hit me when I was writing the first scenes for this story. I don't know where it originally came from, but I like it too.

3. Anything really. I haven't been reading a lot books during the last years, mainly fanfiction only as I found my passion for it again after a few years break. But when I do read, it's mostly fantasy, though I'm willing to try anything people recommend.

4. I usually spend my days planning the scenes and then I'll write them later in the evening once the kids are sleeping. The writing process itself is quite fast since I have it so clear in my head at that point.

Thank you so much for the questions, they were a lovely surprise (:

I always love to answer these, so ask me more d:

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#13 Juicey_Moosey

Juicey_Moosey

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hello! :waves:
I still cannot believe English isn't your native language. Seriously, there are people at, my school that can't speak English as well as you do (Baring in mind it's their first language...). I'm impressed!
So question time...
1) What's your favourite colour?
2) Chocolate or Vanilla?
3) Favourite Emoticon on the forums (Click the smiley and then show all :D )
4) In TntLY are you (from what has been posted so far, and imagine you are a reader with no idea of the plott) Team James or Team Joshua? ;)
5) On average, how long does it take you to write a chapter of TntLY?
6) Are there any other questions I should ask to get some spoilers for TntLY? :D
- Julia :hug:

Julia

Housecupsig2014byElenia_zps35d10a26.gif

Jules, Juicy_Moosey,  Jools, A Moose who may or may not be Juicy.

:Gryffindor: Fantastic House Cup set by Elenia ! :Gryffindor:

#14 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ooooh, questions! Such a lovely surprise! ^^

1) What's your favourite colour?
2) Chocolate or Vanilla?
3) Favourite Emoticon on the forums (Click the smiley and then show all :D )
4) In TntLY are you (from what has been posted so far, and imagine you are a reader with no idea of the plott) Team James or Team Joshua? ;)
5) On average, how long does it take you to write a chapter of TntLY?
6) Are there any other questions I should ask to get some spoilers for TntLY? :D

1. Purple! Though I have to admit, I do change my favourite colour quite often. But this time it's purple (:

2. Evil question! I cannot pick one! I love them both. Vanilla is one of my favourite scents in the world and I love all about it, but I could never live without chocolate! So I simply cannot answer this question.

3. None! I don't use Emoticons at all! Because I'm cool like that d: haha, no. I just like these simple ones better, that's why all my smileys are backwards (:

4. Oooh, sneaky aren't we? (x The answer is Team James, though I have to admit, there's nothing wrong with Team Joshua! But I just cannot abandon James d:

5. Depends on the chapter and how much time I have to write. Usually not long, maybe few days and then few days for editing. Although now it's taken me a bit longer since RL has been crazy and I haven't had the time to finish chapter twelve. But I promise to get it done soon (:

6. Spoilers, eh? I'd love to tell you the whole plot! BUT I think I will force myself to stay silent and not reveal a thing. It's hard, but I don't want to ruin it all for you! You'll just have to wait d:

Thank you so much for these! I always love to answer questions so keep them coming (;

Hanna

QiLjOhD.gif

BIOBDIOH!

#15 ohmymerlin

ohmymerlin

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi, I just wanted to ask you a few questions :D

1. How do you write so well in English?! I've spoken English my whole life and you're probably better than me! Do you just take classes or keep reading English books? Because whatever you're doing works!

2. Would you ever consider doing a fic in another language? Your native language or if you know any other languages?

3. Where do you get your inspiration from?

4. Is James in TNTLY based off anyone? If so where can I get one? :p

5. What do you do to overcome writers block?

6. And the last question, waffles or pancakes? :D

beautiful set by emmaweasley!||call me kayla!

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zps8096d0

hpff||review thread||mta (all 12+)

TBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users