12 replies to this topic

#1 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hello! I'm starryskies55 over at HPFF and here, or you can call me Jenny.
This topic is so you guys can ask me questions on my stories on the archives, which currently are:

Honour Among Thieves (M)
a Next Gen novel, starring Rose Weasley as master-thief. [won Best Mischief in the Gryffie Golden Paw Awards]
Broken Hearts (12+)
a Lucius/Narcissa one-shot. [placed second place in Phoenix_Flames' Hunger Games Soundtrack Challenge & also written for EverMalfoy's Taylor Swift Challenge]
forget-me-not (15+)
a Molly Weasley (II) short story. [placed second in Baletgir's 'secrets secrets are no fun' challenge, and also available as a podcast]
Zorro and the Unwilling Musketeer (12+)
a next gen featuring James (II) and Sarah as prefects patrolling the corridors on Hallowe'en. [placed first in LiveLarge's 'Things I Will Not Do At Hogwarts' Challenge and also available as a podcast]
Acceptance (12+)
a one-shot on George Weasley. [placed third in InTheShadowsIDwell's 'One Challenge to Rule Them All' and also nominated for Best Weasley in Gryffie Golden Paw Awards]
And Mayhem Ensues (M)
a Marauders novel- because there is more to Eva Llewellyn than meets the eye.
Birds of a Feather (M)
an AU of Order of the Pheonix. [nominated for Best OC in the Gryffie Golden Paw Awards]
Photographs (12+)
a next-gen one-shot on Dominique Weasley's thirteenth birthday. [for CloakAuror9's 'No Dialogue' Challenge]
Small Victories (15+)
a Neville/Hannah one-shot [written for the Task One Challenge: House Cup 2012]

Thank you! :wub:

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 21 July 2012 - 09:28 PM.

[icons by Hobbit' at tda]

uO28uzu_zpsdf66d1b8.png enkZ7t7_zpsc96ebc1a.png JXGS7Tr_zpsee295cee.png

- stories - meet me -

#2 grangerdanger76

grangerdanger76

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

Alright so, I'm just here to chat over Magic and Mayhem.

Can I just say I love Eva. And Lupin. And James. And Sirius. And even ol' Pete. That's the thing. I LOVE these characters. You have convinced me of Eva's feelings and darkest secrets. I love how strong her voice comes threw, and how evident and pure and fantastic she is.

However, I am very confused at times over their names and personalities. I just can't get over the whole Liberty and Justice thing. Shudder.

That being said, let's move on to you. You are so talented and are certainly a role on here for me. And I quite enjoy your extensive A/N :)

So here are some questions for you.

1. How long do you write a day?
2. What keeps you motivated?
3. Favorite kind of ice cream?
4. Favorite character to write for?

Thanks for listening to me ramble on :)
Keep writing

Camillia
GrangerDanger76

Edited by grangerdanger76, 20 March 2012 - 12:39 AM.

GRANGERDANGER76 (12+-M) || Ravenclaw / QTR Editor

Bulletproof Weeks- NaNo Rebel - 45,000/30,000 

#3 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

SOMEONE LOVES ME ENOUGH TO POST HERE OH MY GOSH I THINK I MIGHT DIE FROM HAPPINESS AND I DEFINITELY LOVE YOU A LOT!

*ahem*

Why do you like Peter? He's horrible! I hate writing him because he's so slimy and ratty and ew. (and how can anyone not love Remus? He is the bees knees :D)

1. How long do you write a day?Less than I should. Procrastinating is my middle name- for example, what I should be doing at this very moment is revising for my week of mocks next week... However, on average I write about an hour a night? Weekends, it'll be all day if I've got nothing to do and I'm inspired... so it varies a lot, but I rarely don't write anything. Oh, I tend to watch films on my laptop and have my writing up as well, and do two things at once. Multi-tasking is my middle name too. So, when I do that that's roughly three hours a night. Two and a half. This answer is rubbish.
2. What keeps you motivated? My lovely readers of course! <- wholly true. Once I think of an ending, I never want to finish a story. So, part of the reason I joined HPFF was to give me to motivation to finish a story. If people actually read my stuff, I wouldn't want to let them down! Flawlesslogic is also my middle name. That, and the fact I promise myself toast/cakes/tea/chocolate if I finish chapters.
3. Favorite kind of ice cream? Chocolate. No doubt. With the massive chunks of chocolate in it. I'm no fan of those fancy 'fish-food' ones! CHOCOLATE!
4. Favorite character to write for? I assume you mean who I like writing the most, so I will have to say... Sirius. Because, he's very hard to write. I don't want to make him clichéd, but most of me thinks, yeah. I bet Sirius was exactly like that, so I kind of do want to make him a terrible womaniser and arrogant sod. And then he's mainly my comedic relief as well, so he gets all the best one-liners, and I love writing those. But second is Eva, because I just love her. She's like my little sister, and I cringe with her and laugh and cry, and then I realise that she's only in my head. She's my first OC in fanfiction, and being that makes her so malleable and fun to write, she'll always be my baby :D

And I'm glad someone reads my extensive A/Ns! I think people just see the great bold mass at the end and skips it, but I like writing them! I think it makes me sound funny :D

However, I am very confused at times over their names and personalities. I just can't get over the whole Liberty and Justice thing. Shudder.

I don't understand what you mean by this? :ermm:

Thank you so much for all your praise, and I will keep writing for lovely people like you :D And no-one is capable of rambling as much as I just did, so never fear! (me hearties!)

Sorry. :)

- stories - meet me -

#4 magicmuggle01

magicmuggle01

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi.

Here's a few more for you.

1) What got you into writing?
2) Who would you say was your earliest inspiration to write?
3) Who is your favorite pairing?
4) Who is your favorite character in the HP books?
5) How much influence has JK been in starting you writing fanfiction?
6) Did you try other sites before this one?
7) How did you find out about HPFF?
8) Who (apart from JK) is your all time fav author?

Edited by magicmuggle01, 19 April 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#5 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hi.

Here's a few more for you.

1) What got you into writing?
2) Who would you say was your earliest inspiration to write?
3) Who is your favorite pairing?
4) Who is your favorite character in the HP books?
5) How much influence has JK been in starting you writing fanfiction?
6) Did you try other sites before this one?
7) How did you find out about HPFF?
8) Who (apart from JK) is your all time fav author?

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS BEFORE! :O Hello! :)

1) erm, I've always written. Once when I was very young I wrote a story about how some Celts defeated some Romans with custard pies- I know, a stroke of genius. I think I first started to properly write after I entered a school competition in early years of school with a story but it never got entered and instead ended up being sent to an exam board as an example of a much higher level than I was work. It gave me confidence to write, but I always made up elaborate plots and settings in my dollshouse and stuff.

2) Enid Blyton and her Famous Five. Those intrepid kids saving the day and eating ginger cake and having lemonade and high tea and it really rubbed off on me- my Barbie wanted to be George and my Playmobile were always getting lost on Kirrin Island.

3) That is so tough. I love me some canon- if the Queen says it, then it goes. I suppose it'll have to be Ron/Hermione, but I love love love ScoRose too.

4) Luna or Remus :D

5) I always wrote fanfiction in my head, but it was easiest to sustain a decent plot with HP because JK created such an extensive world. And finding this site started me to write my ideas down.

6) er, nope. I read some on that big fanfiction site (forgot the name) after posting some original fiction, and then I think I was scared off that site and found HPFF! Never looked back, because it's awesome. ♥

7) Google. Probably. Like everything else I know :p

8) Eva Ibbotson. I'm a sucker for a romance ♥, and she can write them like I've never read before. I highly recommend all her stories, I adore her writing so much.

Thanks so much for the questions! :D

Edited by starryskies55, 01 May 2012 - 07:10 PM.

- stories - meet me -

#6 Guest_CloakAuror9_Guest

Guest_CloakAuror9_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hey, Jenny! Decided to drop by your MTA :p *waves* I've seen some of your stories and I plan to read the others whenever I have enough time.

So...questions...

1) How do you conceive your plot ideas?
2) What do you consider as your best accomplishment in writing?
3) Did you ever think that you would publish fanfiction stories?
4) What's the hardest part of being an author?
5) What are you working on now?

There you go. I hope they're all very uhm...interesting questions? :p

#7 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hey, Jenny! Decided to drop by your MTA :p *waves* I've seen some of your stories and I plan to read the others whenever I have enough time.

So...questions...

1) How do you conceive your plot ideas?
2) What do you consider as your best accomplishment in writing?
3) Did you ever think that you would publish fanfiction stories?
4) What's the hardest part of being an author?
5) What are you working on now?

There you go. I hope they're all very uhm...interesting questions? :p

IZZY! *squishes* Hey there!

1) I conceive my plot ideas by concentrating on something else. Usually ironing, hoovering, mowing or going for a walk, with music blasting in my ears. :D they are kind of relaxing and allow my mind to wander onto other things :)

2) Erm, my best accomplishment in writing? I would say this OF which was really terribly bad but I finished it a couple of years ago. Or, Honour Among Thieves because of the fairly complicated plot line :D

3) No. I didn't. To be honest, until a year ago, I didn't realise fanfiction existed, and I thought I was totally weird by imagining Harry Potter characters in Robin Hood situations or Percy Jackson fighting dinosaurs with the Primeval crew. *sigh* I was so innocent... :p

4) I would say either sitting down and forcing myself to write (which I'm terrible at) or editing. I try to take CC well, and improve on that, but when I know a chapter is rubbish and I can't quite pinpoint what, I'm inclined to just publish it anyway. So yeah, my laziness.

5) Currently, I am working on a new fic which is Charlie Weasley and a Muggle OC. I'm very excited about it! Oh, and hammering out the newest chapter of HAT as well (which is very tough).

Thank you very much for those questioning questions. They were very interesting! :wub: Love you!

- stories - meet me -

#8 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hey, I just thought I would stop by since I love Honour Among Thieves & And Mayhem Ensues.  :good: 

1. OTP for life?

2. What are some ships you wouldn't write?  :whistling: 

3. What are some of your favorite hpff stories?

4. James the first or James the second?

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M)

redblue_zps4498f58d.png

#9 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hey, I just thought I would stop by since I love Honour Among Thieves & And Mayhem Ensues.  :good: 

1. OTP for life?

2. What are some ships you wouldn't write?  :whistling: 

Oh my god, wow! Hello! Thanks for stopping by! :)

1. OTP for life?
James and Lily, fo sho. I love them to pieces, but haven't plucked up the courage to write them properly yet.

2. What are some ships you wouldn't write?   
I'm open to everything really, but nothing too weird. I like sticking to canon as well- no Snily or Harmony.

I am completely in love with pennyardelle's Once Defied, LovlyRita's Brain Activity and anything by TheHeirOfSlytherin

James the first, all the way. I can't help but think that next gen is a little cliche, but a well written marauders is just gold. And who doesn't love it when the bad boy makes good? :p

Thank you so much for the questions, I'm so happy you like my stories! :)

Edited by starryskies55, 20 June 2013 - 09:55 PM.

- stories - meet me -

#10 MazBlue

MazBlue

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Sorry, do I know you?

(hey jenny ;))

1. So Photographs is definitely one of my favourite one shots of all time, I love the idea and the unique story. Did you have to do any research on how deaf people use their other senses to help them through the day?

2. Forget-me-not: I just love it so so much. There was quite a flair for drama in this story, and I loved it! Where did the idea of writing about someone who completely loses their memory come from?

3. I absolutely adore triumph, its a great story, I can sense you are going to make life hard for Sally however and I see that she is a very flawed character. Your characters could never be called a mary-sue, how do you make your characters so diverse and interesting?

your Maz <3

mazblue_zpsb8363596.png

Beautiful icon by Gingersnape and Gorgeous graphic by Elenia

~GO GRYFFINDOR~

:Gryffindor:

My Stories (M)

#11 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Sorry, do I know you?

(hey jenny ;))

1. So Photographs is definitely one of my favourite one shots of all time, I love the idea and the unique story. Did you have to do any research on how deaf people use their other senses to help them through the day?

2. Forget-me-not: I just love it so so much. There was quite a flair for drama in this story, and I loved it! Where did the idea of writing about someone who completely loses their memory come from?

3. I absolutely adore triumph, its a great story, I can sense you are going to make life hard for Sally however and I see that she is a very flawed character. Your characters could never be called a mary-sue, how do you make your characters so diverse and interesting?

your Maz <3

Hey Mazzie! <3

You are an absolute star and I love you. 

Anyway:

1) I feel a bit guilty about this, but no I didn't do any research on Photographs :p I just kind of thought about it, and it was for a 'No Dialogue' challenge, so I already knew the twist was deafness. I wanted to emphasise how much Dom was missing out on, so I focused really on the lack of sounds, rather than the other ways that she could use her other senses.

2) Ahhh, I wrote this so long ago, I really had to think about this! Originally, forget-me-not was for a PostSecret challenge, and my quote was about losing something you'd never had, I think, so I thought that it fitted the amnesia idea pretty perfectly!

3) The fact that none of my characters could be called a Mary-Sue is a massive compliment, and something I really strive for, so thank you Mazzie :hug: I dunno really how I make them "diverse and interesting"... I guess I just try to make them as much like real people as possible. Especially with Sally, I really wanted someone who was clearly not perfect. She's not clever, she's not pretty, she's not sporty- she's basically got through the first three chapters on sheer luck- but she doesn't give up and she's really trying hard, and I think that's pretty admirable. So in short- I guess I try to make the characters as real but as admirable as possible. Even Rose in Hattie I've tried to do this- she overthinks or doesn't think at all, and is completely ruthless (in my opinion her idea of right and wrong is completely skewed) but her shining quality is that she will do anything to protect the people she loves. So yeah. Characters need good and bad?

Thank you so much for the questions! <3

- stories - meet me -

#12 alicia and anne

alicia and anne

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have a few questions :D

1. How did you get the idea for Honour Along Thieves?

2. How do you plan your stories? And how long do you spend planning before you write?

3. What is the weirdest thing you've researched for your stories?

4. Who out of the characters in your stories is the easiest to write? Which is the hardest?

5. Why must you torture me with such amazing cliffhangers? :p

That's all for now my lovely :D

#13 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

I have a few questions :D

1. How did you get the idea for Honour Along Thieves?

2. How do you plan your stories? And how long do you spend planning before you write?

3. What is the weirdest thing you've researched for your stories?

4. Who out of the characters in your stories is the easiest to write? Which is the hardest?

5. Why must you torture me with such amazing cliffhangers? :p

That's all for now my lovely :D

OMG TAMMI HOW ARE YOU SUCH A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING?! As I just said to Sam, you da best.

1) Um. I don't think I know how I got the idea, it's so long ago! I very vividly remember looking at my author page and being like, 'why do I just write cliches' so I really wanted to write something that was new and different, and I just really like action/adventure and Rose Weasley.. so it just came together!

2) It depends. I'm currently planning an OF which I've been working on since April and not actually written anything on yet- but thats the rare exception. I generally like writing and seeing where I go, but for stuff like Hattie I have an end goal and usually the next few chapters planned out and written down somewhere.

3) Weirdest thing I ever had to research. Well, in one of the early Hattie chapters, Rose has to get coffees for people and I literally had to research sixteen types of coffees, which was really weird, but I also was planning an OF with vampires aaages ago and I found this little island of Land's End and researched that to death and then found all these sciencey things that completely tied in with dates and things and ended up constructing this elaborate conspiracy. It was weird.

4) Easiest character to write... Rose is easy to write now because I know her so well it doesn't really take any effort. Apart from Hattie, my main character (Sally) in Triumph is really nice and fluid to write because even though I've got like two chapters up, I know all her backstory and as well I specifically wrote her to reflect some aspects of myself- so I relate and I understand her more.

5) Cliffhangers are me being lazy and selfish, thinking 'if I leave it here, it will annoy people and they'll come back for more, and I get to stop writing!' So I do apologise but please think of my poor fingers and my compulsive need to be horrible :p

Thank you so much for such luverlee questions, Tammi! You're amazing. <3

- stories - meet me -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users