3 replies to this topic

#1 MercyWaters

MercyWaters

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hi, I'm Mercy and this is my Meet the Author page. :) I currently have two fics on HPFF, Masquerade [15+] which is what I'm focusing on for now, and Morbus [15+] which is on Hiatus until I finish Masq.

Ask away! :)

Posted Image

My Stories (15+) || MTA

Signature and icon by enchantedfleur(12+)

#2 Guest_XYZ_Emily_Guest

Guest_XYZ_Emily_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

OMS(Oh my Salazar) I love your stories! You have such great ideas and I just wondered, how do you manage it? Things like the study sphere, I just couldn't have thought of that :p Also they are amazingly well written, do you just write like that or do you edit them again and again. I have the idea I just can't ever sit down and write it, so whatever I write is basically not very good :p
Just wanted to say, I've been on HPFF for roughly 3 years, and have been following Masquerade since then. I love it too much not to!

#3 MercyWaters

MercyWaters

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Oh my gosh I'm sorry it took me so long to see this! I'm always off and on when it comes to HPFF, so I'm afraid you caught me during one of my *off* periods >.< But I'm back now! (hopefully)

Thank you so much for the kind words! To answer your first question, well... Some things just pop in my head, I suppose. Sometimes it's just a little inkling that grows into something more and expands and expands until I've got something I like enough to use. A lot of my ideas start out as something completely different than what they end up being in the story, and when it comes to writing fan fiction I tend to try and take a lot of inspiration from the original world. So like the study sphere that you mentioned, I actually based that off of the Remembrall to be completely honest :p

Second question: I edit my stories, well, A LOT. Masquerade has been a work in progress for much too long, since the summer of 2009, and I must have edited the chapters at least 3 times and resubmitted them. Except for maybe 2 or 3 of them, most of the chapters have been completely edited and revamped as time has passed. I like to edit chapters as my writing style changes and I'm constantly re-reading to pick up any inconsistencies or spelling/grammatical errors. Get that "I can't write it" notion out of your head immediately! A lot of writers are displeased with what they write initially. If you feel like you can't do it, you simply have to MAKE yourself. Just sit down with your head, and write, write, write. Don't even pay attention to whether it's flowing well or making sense, just get your ideas out of your head and onto the paper, or computer screen, or whatever you please. You can go back and look it over and make changes afterwards.

Wow, I can't believe you've been following my story for so long >.< I'm terribly sorry for all the hiatuses! I'm trying very very hard to keep up with it again, because believe me, I don't plan on ever abandoning Masquerade. I love writing it too much :) I'm actually planning on adding 30k+ words onto it during the coming month (NaNoWriMo, here I come!) so hopefully you have some more chapters to look forward to?

Once again, thanks so so much for the kind words! And thank you for reading my writing, of course. :)

EDIT: I've also had a few of my chapters beta'd, which is very helpful when it comes to improving style and catching any errors. A beta can be very difficult to get, unfortunately, but there's never any harm in trying!

Edited by MercyWaters, 30 October 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

My Stories (15+) || MTA

Signature and icon by enchantedfleur(12+)

#4 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

New student

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi!

I've been reading Masquerade of a couple of months now, and I love it! I also have a couple of things on HPFF, but they haven't had nearly the same response you've had to yours! I just wish I could write something where it gets that sort of response...

Anyway, any ideas when the next chapter of Masquerade will be up? I can't wait!

Love awesomepotter xxx

Author Page (12+) | MTA (12+) | Fleeting Love (M)

"I'm going to keep going until I succeed - or die."

awesomepotter xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users