#1 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

First off I want to thank all my readers. I love knowing that what I write is being read by someone who enjoys Harry Potter Fanfiction as much as I do. No one in my off-line world believes that what I am writing is real which hurts a little. That is why I LOVE this site and my readers as much as I do.

Next I want to thank everyone who has left a review. Each and every review makes me smile that someone liked my story enough to write something to me. I love reading reviews. They are addicting. Everytime I post a new chapter I'm on looking for review about every 10 seconds, so thank you once again.

My story is "What is love?" it is my first fan fiction so it is a little rough around the edges but I love writing it. After almost 10 years reading HPFF I finally got the nerve to write my own.

Thank you to everyone!!

Megthechef43

2eqf4go.jpg

What is Love? (M) and Cold (M)

Credit for the awesome siggie and profile pic goes to SwissMiss @TDA

#2 ScorpiusRose17

ScorpiusRose17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi there Meg!

I have some questions for you...

1. What inspired you to write What is Love?

2. Where did you come up with such a clever idea? Was it just something that came to you?

3. Do you have a set amount of time for writing or do you usually write when the moment strikes?

4. Are you naturally drawn to DraMiones or is it something that you began to like over time?

5. What kind of advice would you give other Author's when they begin writing their first fanfiction?

Okay now for some random questions...

1. If you were to look into the Mirror of Erised what would you see and why?

2. If you could cast a Patronus what would it be?

3. If you HAD to choose another house to be put in what one would you choose and why?

4. Say you were to face a Boggart...what would it morph into?

5. If you had a wand what type of wood would it be and what would it's core be?

Okay so that is all that I have for now when I think of more I will be back to ask some more. :happy:

1envcw_zpsbe41df0a.png

*Amazing set by: SwissMiss@tda*

*New Story: Always (15+) Lily/Severus* *New Story: The Fates Design (M)* *Author Page (12+ -M)

#3 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

SR17!!! It's great to hear from you on the forums.

1. What inspired you to write What is Love?
2. Where did you come up with such a clever idea? Was it just something that came to you?

I'm going to answer one and two together.
Hmmm... I read a Dramione a couple of years ago where Draco and Hermione were forced to get married (I don't remember the exact reasons) and I remembered I didn't like that they were forced and I wanted it to be a choice. So that started the "forced" engagement which isn't really because she choose to say yes. But, My inspiration came from the song "Can you help me" by Usher. From reading my story and reading the song title you might be able to put the pieces together. I think the war would have been tramatizing to someone so why not Hermione? That is where the story started. Where it is going I'm not sure but I hope you continue to like it. :)

Was that too long?

3. Do you have a set amount of time for writing or do you usually write when the moment strikes?

I try to write atleast one sentence a day. I know it is dorky but I go too long I can lose my motivation.

4. Are you naturally drawn to DraMiones or is it something that you began to like over time?

YES!!! Dramione captured my heart from the very first time I read one. I was a huge Lily/James fan. I like that she hated him but in the end he liked her enough that it clicked for them and then I stumbled upon my first Dramione and I haven't looked back. It was love at first word. <3

5. What kind of advice would you give other Author's when they begin writing their first fanfiction?

This may sound weird but just follow your own emotions. If you hate the idea of Dramione you won't write it good. Find idea that just sticks if you think about it three times write it down. My biggest helper when writing is music. Music gets in your heart and moves you and write that. But nothing can help you more than just writing down everything.

And great reviewers ;)

Okay moving on.....

1. If you were to look into the Mirror of Erised what would you see and why?

At the moment, I would see my husband and I holding our first child because I am expecting and it's the most horrible expirence for me so I am just ready for him/her to be here.

Normally, Me and my husband with two kids and I'm a published author. That is what I really want out of life.

2. If you could cast a Patronus what would it be?

I have thought and thought on this subject and I still have no clue. If I were to guess it would be a Siberian Wolf/Husky (a wild one) They are beautiful and smart and cunning.

3. If you HAD to choose another house to be put in what one would you choose and why?

Slytherin, I think I fit in Gryffindor just fine but I think there is a fine line between Slytherin and Gryffindor (don't shoot me). I have always thought the in the 'claws and the 'puffs where similar and the Gryffindors and the Slytherins where similar it's just about where your core values lie. I think I could do well in Slytherin.

4. Say you were to face a Boggart...what would it morph into?

Something bad happening to my husband and/or my dogs.

5. If you had a wand what type of wood would it be and what would it's core be?

Dogwood/Unicorn (I'm not sure if they make wands out of Dogwood wood but that's what mine would be made out of.)

I hope you think of some more questions, I enjoyed answering these. (sorry it took so long)

2eqf4go.jpg

#4 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hey :)

1. How much of a challenge was writing "A Broken Mind" for you since it deals with an issue like insanity?

2. What do you prefer writing more - Draco/Hermione or Rose/Scorpius - and why?

3. What gave you the inspiration to write "Cold"? Was it something you wrote on a whim or with careful planning?

4. How do you usually deal with writer's block? 

5. Do you have a specific head-canon for post-war Hermione or do you characterise her differently in your different stories? 

A Proud Slytherin | My HPFF stories (12+ to M

WISTFUL_zps5db1ea1b.gif

Sig Set by Wistful

#5 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hello,

Wow, I love these questions.

1. I actually wrote this in response to something that was happening in my personal at the time. A close family member of mine was dealing with paranoid schizophrenia and it was really scary. He thought that whispers were death threats and laughter was plots against him. He actually hid in the woods near his house overnight because he thought his father was trying to kill him. I wrote what I had witnessed. I witnessed that in the wrong state of mind you could attack someone you love, you could hate your best friend, and you could be terrified of your loved ones. In a weird way, writing A Broken Mind help me understand his situation more.

2. I prefer Draco/Hermione hands down. I have always hated Ron/Hermione from the moment that the final book was released. It doesn't make sense how someone so smart could be with someone so bull-headed. It's my own issues with the Ron/Hermione ship. But, i love Harry and Ginny and I think they are perfect together and it only makes sense that Harry be made an official member of the Weasley clan. So I couldn't pair Harry and Hermione and it was clear through the books that Draco was smart and had a few redeeming qualities such as he didn't turn in Harry and he tried to switch sides in the final battle but his fatal flaw was his parents and that he loved them. So we have Draco post war who is smart, capable of love and his parents are out of the picture. I think Draco could be a productive and even caring human being with the right nudge in the correct direction.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Scorpius/Rose but the potential is there with out all the complications. I like complications, they make good stories.

3. The idea of "Cold" was put in my mind by a abandoned story called "Lies" on the forum. I loved reading the cold and heartless Draco. While our story's start with the same idea such as Hermione is undercover, but the similiarities end there. I wanted to show Draco in a light that wasn't completely positive and wasn't completely negetive. Yes, Draco is still a ring leader with the bad guys but he is undecover, most by force but his is cooperating. "Cold" was the forst story I actually wrote out the outline from being to end. I used a note-taking system on the computer and planned each chapter out with one sentence and then went back and added two more to start with and then I started writing.

4. Ah yes, Writer's Block, my long time foe. It's a process, usually I can see it seeking up on me but I try to ignore it, hoping that will make it leave me alone, then I write like a mad women trying to write it away, that never works. When that doesn't work and it stands in my face, I leave all my writing alone for a long while, perhaps too long. When I decide it is annoying me and I write a bunch of really bad chapters and I tuck those away for a rainy day. Finally, I've decided that enough is enough and I pull out Excel and start to plan out my next chapter scene by scene and sit down for how ever long it takes and write until I like what is coming out. Then nasty ol' writer's block will slink back to it's corner to lick it's wounds and return again later.

5. My head canon of Hermione is usually totally different from the Hermione I write. My head canon Hermione is smart and works as a highranking official in the Ministry, she is independent and spends a lot of time make sure she keeps her friends in her life. Haha, but if you have read anything I've wrote about Hermione you will see that I protray her differently in my stories. I think I don this because Hermione could have taken so many paths after the war unlike Harry or Ron who were destine to be Auror's and married with kids as soon as possible.

Thank you for your awesome questions, I enjoyed responding to each one.

Meg

2eqf4go.jpg

#6 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

Hey there! I have a few questions for you! :)

1. Where do you get your inspiration for your stories? 

2. Do you have any habits you need to do when writing? (listening to music, drinking coffee, having to have it completely silent)

3. Who is your OTP?  :wub:

4. Do you enjoy writing OCs or cannon characters? How about reading?

5. Do you have any advice for fighting writer's block?

thanks! can't wait to hear from you :)

QiLjOhD.gif

amazing set by Elenia! <3 

Amanda | My Stories (12+) |

Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users