atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hey guys,

This is my Meet the Author page.

I'm currently in the middle of writing Canis Major, my Sirius Black/OC fic.
Read it here: Canis Major (M)

Obviously, i'm a huge Marauders Era fan and hopefully you'll find my story interesting. I'm going to keep writing it regardless, but the more feedback I get on it, i'll continue to post.

Currently writing the 3rd chapter, which i'm finding hard as there are so many other ideas for later chapters floating around in my mind, which I need to write down so I don't forget. Hence, chapter 21 or something is written but 3 is not. I am sorry, I love you all and will get it up soon. :sorry:

Questions, feed back, everything is welcome!
Hope to hear from some of you soon. :)

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 22 December 2011 - 08:00 PM.

set by .crimson @ TDA

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gallery 15+ | Canis Major M

#2 EverMalfoy

EverMalfoy

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

we're in the same boat!!!I have chapter 50 done but not 4...XD
I just wanted to say I love your story(: and I also love your quote in the sig!(:

Signature by loveatfirstview@TDA!

Posted Image

Currently writing: Chapter two of You Will Never Be and Chapter three of Run For Your Life

#3 atellam

atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

ah, yes. And it's so hard at the moment, because I want to write about Christmas, but that of course, is later in the story as well. I really need to write chapter 3, so keep kicking myself when I find i open a new document and start typing away what's in my head.

I'm so glad you liked it! :D I'm desperate for feedback on it at the moment, as it's still early and if people are finding something difficult or not enjoying it etc. I can change it without too much hassle. Means a lot to me that you read it though :)

and thanks about the quote. I saw it and was like, nah, gotta have it. haha, ^_^

Edited by atellam, 23 December 2011 - 01:18 PM.

set by .crimson @ TDA

#4 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Heeey! Thought I'd drop by here too and make up some questions for you (x

1. What inspires you to write?

2. Name one favourite character from each era. Why?

3. Is there something in the HP-series you would have wanted to change?

4. Name a character you would NOT want to write a story about. Why?

#5 atellam

atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hey you :p

Ooo, these are tricky >_<
Let me think...

1. What inspires you to write?
Everything to be honest. I have a constant monologue running in my head and i'm the sort of person that can be given a picture and see a scene forming without even thinking about it. I've been writing since I was little (I can't believe I made my family sit through those stories!) and have always had some strange ability to hear the character in my head. They write themselves and so make my job a lot easier, leaving me to struggle with plot. Siriusly though, I might have Writers block for weeks, and then be out and about, see something and instantly have my characters reaction to that scenario form in my head. Then of course, i'll see them everywhere and not be able to write them down until I get home.

Does that answer the question? :S

2. Name one favourite character from each era. Why?
Founders - Rowena or Godric. I don't even know. Rowena is after my heart, I swear, but Godric... with that chivalrous attitude and the whole rugged night in shining armour look, I just love him. ^_^

Marauders - Sirius or James. I honestly cannot choose between them, they are just too perfect for words. (Is it sad that I love them so much? Probably.)

Hogwarts - Harry. Because I'm really original and have a thing for Daniel Radcliffe. But seriously, how can you not love him?

Post-Hogwarts - I'm going to say Audrey Weasley (Percy's wife.) I'm aware this is weird, and doesn't really fit in this era, but I figured that's when she met him, and so that's where it fits. Honestly and truly, read 'Irrational' by RonsGirlFriday. That is exactly how I see Audrey and my view on her cannot be changed, and it kills me that it hadn't been updated in forever. :cry:

3. Is there something in the HP-series you would have wanted to change?
Sirius and Fred. Probably Dobby and Headwig as well (their deaths were just unnecessary,) but mainly Sirius and Fred. I have no idea why Fred had to die, it added nothing to the plot (it was the end anyway) and while I love Remus and Tonks, I could see that their deaths created a juxtaposition of Harry's life for Teddy in the epilogue. Sirius's death created nothing but grief and I don't see how keeping him alive would be been so terrible or altering to the plot line. I just have a lot of feelings, okay? *sniffles*

4. Name a character you would NOT want to write a story about. Why?
Probably Ron. Now before anyone gets all defensive; I love Ron. Really, I do. He's brilliant, hilarious and a really great friend. The only thing is, I feel his life doesn't have much room for lenience. I feel you'd have a hard time writing something original that still stuck to cannon and wasn't too OOC. I just don't feel I could do him justice and would probably never find myself writing about him, or if I did, it certainly wouldn't be Ron-centric. :/

Have I answered them all okay? Haha, I feel like I missed the point and rambled off aimlessly for most of them :p

set by .crimson @ TDA

#6 Elenia

Elenia

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

I was bored so I decided to ask you some more questions (x

1. How long have you been writing fanfiction?

2. Who was your least favourite character in the books?

3. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?

4. Do you have any OF-projects going on?

#7 atellam

atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Questions? XD

1. How long have you been writing fanfiction?
Fanfiction? Since early November last year. Not very long, is it? Haha, I turned to reading it after the final film, because I had issues dealing with the fact that it was over, and then I was recommend a James/Lily story by my best friend. I loved it (unfortunately, it's not on this site) and began looking at other stories. I think the first full story I read on here was 'How to tame a Marauder' by Melian, when CM popped into my head and demanded to be written. The rest is history :p

2. Who was your least favourite character in the books?
Oh dear. Tricky... :S Let's see, aside from Voldermort... I'd say Umbridge. That woman has issues. I'm leaving it at that.

3. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?
Wow. Way to choose a hard question! I think i'd see myself happy. Probably laughing with my family and the friends that I consider family. Yeah, Dad works too much, so to see him actually laughing with all of us and not stressing would be nice.

4. Do you have any OF-projects going on?
No, unfortunately. Between Canis Major and school, I don't really have time. That said, my Extension English teacher has us writing short-stories and one-shot equivalents all the time. But no, no ongoing projects.

Hoory for questions and the wonderful Elenia!

set by .crimson @ TDA

#8 moonyxluna

moonyxluna

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hi! I really enjoyed reading all of your writing from the challenge, so I thought I would stop and ask you some questions :)

1. How did you get into fanfiction?
2. What gave you the idea/inspiration to write Canis Major?
3. If you could have any job in the wizarding world, what would it be and why?
4. Hug, Marry, Hex, Avoid! :p with the Marauder boys. (James, Sirius, Remus, Peter)
5. What gave you the idea for The Stag and the Stars?
6. What are some of your favorite stories on the archives? authors?
7. Do you have any plans for any other longer stories after Canis Major?
8. What are your favorite ships? Least favorite?
9. If you could take one lesson at Hogwarts, what would it be, and which teacher?

Thanks!

reviews(12+)||hpff (12+to m)

Posted Image

"It's you that needs me tonight."

#9 atellam

atellam

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

YAY! Questions!

1. How did you get into fanfiction?
My best friend sent me a link to a James/Lily story that she fell in love with, and I just adored it too. I started looking around for more great stories and stumbled across HPFF, and stories like 'How to tame a Marauder' by melian and 'Give up this fight' by Girldetective85 and fell further in love. James and Lily started it all for me. :happy:

2. What gave you the idea/inspiration to write Canis Major?
After reading 'How to tame a Marauder' I was looking around for another equally addicting story, and while I found a few, none of them sat right with me. They all seemed to get repetitive at one point or another and I found while I was reading them, I was coming up in my head with what I would write instead. It sort of fell together after that, and after it got such a great response from my first chapter, I haven't looked back :p

3. If you could have any job in the wizarding world, what would it be and why?
Ahhh, way to choose a hard question! Maybe in the office of International Magical Cooperation? I don't know, haha.

4. Hug, Marry, Hex, Avoid! with the Marauder boys. (James, Sirius, Remus, Peter)
Oh my god, hmm.
Hug - Remus (because I reckon he needs a good hug.)
Marry - Sirius (Almost impossible to choose between him and James, but I'll leave James for Lily... ;))
Hex - James (Deflate his head a bit yes? haha)
Avoid at all costs - Peter (I don't think I need to explain this one :p)

5. What gave you the idea for The Stag and the Stars?
I actually don't know. It came to me over Christmas and on Boxing Day, I just sat down and wrote it. I had half a scene in my head, so it just expanded as I wrote. It was sort of word vomit, but it turned out to not be too bad, so I'm relieved :)

6. What are some of your favorite stories on the archives? authors?
'Trying Not to Love You', by Elenia, anything by Mistress, anything by RonsGirlFriday (I'm dying for her updates!) and then I have so many other authors, such as Beeezie and blueirony. There are so many others, but those are the first ones that come to mind.

7. Do you have any plans for any other longer stories after Canis Major?
I do, actually. I have an epic Next-Gen plunnie running around in my head, but I don't even know how that ends yet, so it's not going to be written for a while. I have a Charlie/OC story and a Hannah/Neville plots as well, but they won't be anywhere near as long as Canis Major. Too many ideas, not enough time to write them all down...

8. What are your favourite ships? Least favourite?
James and Lily. OTP. Number one ship.
After that, I love Remus and Tonks (TEDDY!). A good ScoRose is always appreciated, and Teddy/Victoire is love.
Oh, and Keira/Sirius :p

In regards to least favourite, i'd say Dramoine, Drarry, Draco with anyone other than Astoria...
Snily. (Someone kill me please!) and pretty much anything else with Snape. So anything other than those, i'm pretty happy to please :)

9. If you could take one lesson at Hogwarts, what would it be, and which teacher?
Oh, man. Another hard one. Transfiguration or Charms. Not sure which. But with either McGonagall or Flitwick respectively. They are both brilliant. :happy:

:D Questions are brilliant. Thank you, and i'm so so so happy that you liked my challenge entry. :p

Edited by atellam, 12 April 2012 - 02:56 AM.

set by .crimson @ TDA

#10 Jess the Enthusiast

Jess the Enthusiast

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hello Adele!! :D

1. So I notice that you're as alaramingly obsessed with James and Lily as I am! I personally find that although I know exactly how they should be in my head, I have a hard time actually writing them. Do you also have this problem?

2. Is there an era (Founders, Post-Hogwarts, etc) that you'd never read or write for?

3. Do you have a favorite genre to read or write? (Can be for fanfiction or original fiction)

~Jess :D

~avatar and signature by (sol)~

tardissig.png

hpff [m]

#11 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

1) Which Marauder do you think you portrayed the best in Canis Major?

2) Would you ever re-write a scene in your story? Which one and why?

3) Are you like any of your characters(personality wise) and which ones?

4) Which ship would you root more for in Canis Major : Lily/James or Keira/Sirius?

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M)

redblue_zps4498f58d.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users