6 replies to this topic

#1 Snapdragons

Snapdragons

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Hi! :ninjavanish: I'm Hannah, or anything else you'd like to call me, and known by Snapdragons on both the archive and the forums here. I like tea, kitties, and the color red, and I really hate having to come up with these beginning parts of a post.

Anyways, moving on! Mostly I seem to write sad stories, it appears. Which is sort of sad. But sometimes I try to be funny! (try, mind you. Try is the operative word here) Also, I'm a big minor character fan. They're my favorites! :wub: There's just so much you can do with the unknown. My two favorites HP families are the Longbottoms and the Blacks. ^-^

I do dabble in OF - actually, I started with OF and then somehow found my way to fanfiction. Eh. I do NaNo each year and think it's terribly fun and everyone should do it!

Erm. Anyways, I suppose if you have any questions you could ask them here. My author's page is here (12+) if you would care to have a look!

Have a lovely day!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
icons by lightrobber @ lj
and we'll all float on
hpff [12+]|mta [12+]

#2 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

HEY SNAPDRAGONS! I've been leaving everyone five questions because it was five days till christmas but now, actually, its NOT five days for christmas and as its the first post Imma go crazy and leave you like... six or something. :xblink:

1.) How did you fall into writing/fanfiction?
2.) Have you ever thought about giving up writing/fanfiction?
3.) Which HP character would you marry if the occasion arose?
4.) Which is your favourite of all your stories (they're all so fabby, I know I couldn't chose but...)?
5.) When do you write?
6.)Favourite fanfcition/author?
7.) What are you looking forward to most about christmas/the new year?
8.) What are your favourite words of all time?

:) :) :)

:xsleigh:

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#3 Snapdragons

Snapdragons

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

hehe hi! :hug:

1.) How did you fall into writing/fanfiction?

Ooh. Well, I guess I've always liked to write. I actually wrote OF before fanfic - started with my first AugNo back in 09 I think? I discovered fanfiction through my OF buddies there, some of whom wrote fanfiction. I was curious, googled it, and... well, then I ended up here!

2.) Have you ever thought about giving up writing/fanfiction?

I don't see it anywhere in the foreseeable future. I love to write - it's something that's incredibly relaxing and rewarding for me. I love it too much to stop!

3.) Which HP character would you marry if the occasion arose?

ooooh... that's a tricky one! I think I would probably go for one of the Scamander twins - then I could get to be related by blood to Luna! ;D Can you imagine the dinner conversations that must take place with that family?

4.) Which is your favourite of all your stories (they're all so fabby, I know I couldn't chose but...)?

I guess out of all of my completed stories, Everbloom will always have a special place in my heart. It was one of the easiest to write - I just sort of sat down, no idea what I was going to do except for this prompt, and the words just flowed. I love that feeling.
As for my WIPs... right now I'm most excited to write Black =) I love the characters, and it's loosely planned out, and it's just sort of exciting in general to write.

5.) When do you write?

That's easy. Midnight. :ninjavanish: Or one in the morning. You get the idea. (I think some sort of filter goes away at that hour in the morning. The things I like the most were written on the least hours of sleep.)

6.)Favourite fanfcition/author?

Too hard to decide! :( I love too many stories and authors! But I'll do my best. I love pretty much anything that forsakenphoenix and justonemorefic write... to name just a few. As for fics... I'm going to cheat here and also name a couple. (they all deserve lots and lots of attention anyways!) Some Kind of Beauty and Amaranthine by Celestie are too beautiful for words. But on the funny side... one that I recently found myself rereading is llyralen's After Hours. Hilarious!

7.) What are you looking forward to most about christmas/the new year?

Sleep. ._. It'll be nice to be reacquainted with it... it's been a while.

8.) What are your favourite words of all time?

Vicissitudes! Effervescent. Iridescent. Lackadaisical.

Thank you for the lovely questions! :wub: I had fun answering them.

and we'll all float on
hpff [12+]|mta [12+]

#4 NaidatheRavenclaw

NaidatheRavenclaw

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 968 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hello, Hannah! I realized that I've never posted on your MTA so I thought I'd come and ask you some questions :D

1.Do you like to listen to music while you write? If so, what kind?
2.Do you like to plan out your stories?
3.If you could go to one place in the Wizard world, which would it be?
4.What's your OTP?
5.If you went to Hogwarts at Harry's time, which character do you think you'd be friends with?

Happy New Year! :hug:

icons by somuch @TDA | Proud QTR editor
HPFF (12+ to M) | TDA (12+)

NaNo Word Count: 25,218/50,000

#5 Snapdragons

Snapdragons

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hi! :hug: Sorry I didn't see this before!

1.Do you like to listen to music while you write? If so, what kind?
Ack. All the time! I'd say that most of my stories are influenced or inspired by music, and music definitely helps the writing process. It does vary what I listen to and what I'm trying to write. The xx radio on Pandora is one of my favorites, but I also like to listen to a lot while writing Florence + the Machine, Regina Spektor, and Ingrid Michaelson.

I have to admit that I have something like 15 pages worth of quotes on my giant inspiration word doc... xP haha

2.Do you like to plan out your stories?
I wish I did a lot more than I do. I'm not really much of a planner, but I do wish I did it more. I'm working on it! Longer stories I try to have more of an idea where I'm going... but in regards to one-shots, almost never. With one-shots, I think they come out better for me when I just sit and let the words come. (Of course, that's much easier, because it's much shorter, so you don't have to worry as much.)

3.If you could go to one place in the Wizard world, which would it be?
I would go to Diagon Alley - that way I'd have lots of choices! :p But I definitely couldn't resist the ice cream parlor there... ;D

4.What's your OTP?
Bah. I have to pick ONE? =P Despite my love of all things minor characters, I think I have to say that my OTP would be Ron/Hermione. They're not my favorite to write or even necessarily read - but I just can't see any way that those two wouldn't be together. I like how neither of them are perfect or get along all the time - they just feel more real to me. Dunno!

5.If you went to Hogwarts at Harry's time, which character do you think you'd be friends with?
Luna! I think we'd get along splendidly. =)

Thanks for the questions! :wub:

and we'll all float on
hpff [12+]|mta [12+]

#6 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

Since you've reached 10K, I thought I'd leave some questions for you to answer:

1. Out of all of your stories, which one was the most fun to write and why?

2. Which one was the most challenging and why?

3. What is one genre/era/pairing that you want to write but haven't done so yet?

4. Is there anything in fanfiction that you dislike?

5. What is the cliche that you just can't stand?

6. If you could change anything about fanfiction, what would it be?

7. What is one story (fanfiction or original) that you would recommend to everyone?

8. Is there any writing advice that you want to share with other writers?

9. What is your favourite genre to read and write?

10. And finally, are you enjoying NaNoWriMo? :D

rxR7LlX.gif

Author Page/Signature Link (12+ to M)| YOU CAN CALL ME GRACE | set by LightLeviosa5443! TEAM LUNA DIGGORY!

#7 Snapdragons

Snapdragons

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Since you've reached 10K, I thought I'd leave some questions for you to answer:

1. Out of all of your stories, which one was the most fun to write and why?

2. Which one was the most challenging and why?

3. What is one genre/era/pairing that you want to write but haven't done so yet?

4. Is there anything in fanfiction that you dislike?

5. What is the cliche that you just can't stand?

6. If you could change anything about fanfiction, what would it be?

7. What is one story (fanfiction or original) that you would recommend to everyone?

8. Is there any writing advice that you want to share with other writers?

9. What is your favourite genre to read and write?

10. And finally, are you enjoying NaNoWriMo? :D

Aww, thank you! :hug:

1. Hmm. Most fun to write... probably a toss up between I Love Lucy and Dragon Breath. Lucy's a ridiculously fun character to write because she tends to be so ridiculous, and I really liked writing Dragon Breath because writing young Al, Hugo, and Scorpius getting into mischief is also ridiculously fun.

2. The most difficult is probably Black, because I struggle trying to figure out how to write the Black sisters. I feel like it's really hard to write them in an honest way to their characters.

3. Oooh. I always wanted to write a Charlie/Tonks, for some reason, and I'd love to write a long Marauders-era fic some day.

4. I don't know if there's something that I really dislike - other than maybe when the spacing gets all messed up and there's a half a page between paragraphs. :p Nothing really comes to mind at the moment though!

5. I don't know if it counts as a cliche or not... but when people either paint Peter as an awful person from day one or write him out of stories completely. :paranoid: He was one of the Marauders; they wouldn't have all been friends had he been awful the entire time.

6. Personally, I'd like to update  my stories more, as I'm absolutely awful at doing that. =P So along those lines... I guess somehow magically change all the WIPs that I'm reading to completed? haha

7. One story that I'm currently reading is Off the Rails (M) by water_lily43175, and it's a lot of fun to read! It's a next gen focusing on James II, and if you like reading about Quidditch, I'd definitely recommend it - she writes games really nicely and makes it really exciting!

8. Keep writing! Even if it's just a little bit every day. It's easy to give up because you're unhappy or frustrated with the way things are going, but sometimes the best way to get through writer's block is just trying to write something, anything, even if you hate it. Writing is easier for me at least when I try to stick to a schedule and write regularly.

9. I have a special soft spot in my heart for action and adventure stories!

10. I am! :)

Thank you, you're the best! :wub:

and we'll all float on
hpff [12+]|mta [12+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users