• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Serena SeaAngel

Serena SeaAngel

New student

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hello to anyone reading this. My penname is Serena SeaAngel, but I suppose since this is meet the author, anyone who responds to this can call me by my real name, Kris. I am the author of 2 stories on the HPFF site.

Complete:
HARRY POTTER AND THE RING OF MYKELE - Harry is entering his sixth year at Hogwarts still grieving the loss of Sirius and the injuries of his friends. When he and the gang learn of a ring with magical powers that may be hidden in or around the school, Harry feels he must find it. What powers could it possess to make him leave the safety of school, and why does Voldemort seem to want this ring just as bad? What are these new powers Harry is quickly acquiring and is he really only now realizing that his best friend may mean more to him than he thought? People will be killed, violence is necessary and love hopes to conquer all.

-this is my version of the group's 6th year at Hogwarts, completely replacing HBP, my pairings tend towards Harry and Hermione, but that is not set in stone, especially in the sequel.

WIP:
HARRY POTTER AND THE COVEN OF WARRIORS - Harry discovers his ancestors’ activity within something called the Coven of Warriors, an ancient group of witches and wizards who also had extraordinary powers of their own. They had banded together to defeat their ancient foe, and Harry feels the current generation may be able to do the same with Voldemort. Meanwhile, his decision to drop out of Hogwarts is met with resistance by most everyone in his life. He is faced with a choice: return to school and finish his education or search for the 11 people who may be able to help him defeat Voldemort once and for all. For Harry the decision is easy but it is tearing the rest of the people in his life, living and dead, apart. Everything Harry does now is leading him to that final battle, but may be tearing him away from those he loves; relationships will be tested as truths and secrets are revealed, forcing everyone to face each other and themselves. Can any compromise be reached? Will Harry succeed in his quest to find and renew the Coven of Warriors and be able to complete his education? Will everyone come together or completely fall apart?

-a sequel to RoM, this one take the place of DH following them through their 7th year.

WIP:
A STUDY IN SLYTHERINS - What happens when the characters of the HP world step into the shoes of the classic characters of Sherlock Holmes? A group of evil wizards calling themselves the Slytherins are stalking through London, drawing the attention of super sleuth Harry Potter. Along with his trusted friend, Dr. Ron Weasley, Harry sets out to solve a case that brings him directly into the path of the one person who had ever bested him, the intriguingly intelligent Hermione Granger. With news of her comes word of Harry’s arch nemesis, Professor Voldemort, who may be behind the terror spread by the Slytherins. Can he find a way to bring them down and capture the one man who had the ability to equally match wits with the master detective? And what of the one woman who had managed to slip her crime through his fingers once before?

-This is an Alternate universe/crossover story where we are in the world of Sherlock Holmes which has been invaded by Harry Potter. In this one, I tried to mimic the style of writing that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used. If you know nothing about Sherlock Holmes, it doesn't matter, the HP character have completely taken over and all you have to do it follow their story.

I hope you all enjoy the stories, especially mystery and adventure lovers as that is the direction my stories tend toward. Feel free to ask me anything about the stories, whether you like them or not, I'm always open for discussion!

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 19 January 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#2 sheilalovesharry

sheilalovesharry

New student

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

hi. this is probably a clliche question but i was really wondering where you got your ideas for these stories? i really liked the first one and i'm like in love with coven of warriors even tho it isn't done yet and even tho h/hr aren't going to stay together. i just can't imagine where you come up with everything!

#3 Serena SeaAngel

Serena SeaAngel

New student

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Well, hello to my first replier!

It may be a cliche question, but it's the one we always want to know isn't it? The creative process is so diverse and intangible that it mystifies us... or at least me :)

To be honest, my process is pretty simple. I start with a basic, vague idea, come up with a title, and then write to fit the title and idea chapter by chapter. I have vague ideas about what I want to happen, but nothing is planned. I sit to write each chapter not knowing what will really happen until it's done. I do keep notes of what has happened to keep me on the right track so I don't get lost myself in the story.

So that's really it. An idea comes to me and I sit and write until it's all out, sorry nothing fun or exciting or really interesting at all :)

Thanks for reading!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users