favorite new chapter notification

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jsez444

Jsez444

New student

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

I always thought it would be nice if when I went to look at my favorite stories list (which is also where I bookmark stories I am currently reading,) it showed a little indicator next to the title of a story if it had a new chapter up. That would be a cool feature I think.

Maybe there's another way of being notified about this but I am often reading more than one story at a time and when I go in to check if new chapters are posted I just click on each one to see. It would also be nice if a story was left dormant for a while but I marked it because I had hope still that they would come back to finish because then when I looked at my list I would see right away that it got a new chapter finally.

#2 pennyardelle

pennyardelle

The Eloquent Bard

• Prefect
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

I don't think a notification feature for new chapters is likely, simply because of server space issues. However, there are two existing features which might help you. First of all, you can subscribe to the RSS feed for a certain story, and this will notify you when a new chapter has been posted. Also, if you have these stories all listed in your favourites, you can tell when one has been altered (i.e., editing, new chapter) because it jumps up to the top of your favourites list.

There is also a topic here (12+) to put archive suggestions in. As timeturner says there, although changes are not going to be made in the foreseeable future, suggestions in that topic will be considered if and when they are made. :)

set by justonemorefic @ TDA
Posted Image

{those who have thrice defied him}
^author page (OotP, US ed., 841)^

#3 Guest_Contessa_Guest

Guest_Contessa_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

It would be nice if the favorites list would show a bit more information/ be somewhat customizable. When you have so many stories on there you are following, it is hard to know which ones are completed, which have been updated recently, etc. For example look at the favorites menu on fanfiction.net

#4 Alopex

Alopex

Doctor of Forumology

• 2,798 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

I understand the desire to see more information, but I believe the issue with adding more options is server space. Also, you actually can see that information on HPFF. The recently updated stories will be at the top of your list. Authors mark their stories as Complete (as opposed to WIP or Abandoned), so you should be able to look at that to see as well.

set by patronus_charm || Author Page(12+)
1536ucg.gif

. . .Alopex . . .

#5 MrsBowen x

MrsBowen x

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm was in the same postion...

... but you should really get the RSS feed, it is really good for alerting me when my friends chapss are up!!

xx

:banana:

Reply to this topic

You can make 10 more posts today.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: favorite, new, chapter, notification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users