256 replies to this topic

#1 PadfootSQuidditch

PadfootSQuidditch

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

Do you dream about the HP characters/the actors?
And if you do, have you ever used one of the dreams as a basis for a story or a scene in one of
your stories?

I've had several dreams of the actors/characters. just recently i had one with dan in it. it had absolutely nothing
to do with HP, but traveling through wormholes in space and being on another planet. i think in my head i had mixed and matched
HP with DW. lol! i've had tons with the twins and one or two with Sirius. most of the time they're to jumbled for me to quite remember it
all in order, in order to try and make a scene out of it for a storyline, but if anything i think they'd be way out there and be funny if i did.

Edited by PadfootSQuidditch, 05 February 2009 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image
tda gallery +12 // NaNo +15
Posted Image

#2 inti

inti

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hahaha that's an amazing dream!
I've had similarishh things happen to me.
They're normally with my OCs or minor characters though.
Like last night I had one about the Lily (II) I'm writing in my
current story. Can't even remember exactly what it was about.
But I know she was in it lol!

#3 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

I once had a dream that I was staying in a hotel and Dan, Rupert and Emma were also staying there. It's fuzzy, but I do remember jumping off something and onto Emma's back, pushing her to the ground, demanding for an autograph! rotflol.gif

2aj2r8l.gif

hpff / mta / set by patronus_charm

#4 Alopex

Alopex

Doctor of Forumology

• 2,796 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

I dream about Harry Potter characters all the time! I tend to dream about whatever books I'm reading at the time, and since I usually read HP fanfiction in the evening before going to bed, that's usually freshest in my mind. In some dreams, when there are crowds of people, sometimes there will be a random HP character in the crowd. Other times, the action stars them. For instance, recently I had one in which Dolores Umbridge was trying to catch me in a wooden shopping mall with seven stories. The food court was smashed, and I finally escaped from the helicopter pad on top when the Trio showed up with Buckbeak! Go figure.

I never write stories based on these dreams. For one thing, they're usually too bizarre, and I usually can't remember enough details anyway. For another, I'm more of a reader. I don't really write, although recently I've started jotting down a few things.

Edited by Alopex, 05 February 2009 - 07:09 AM.

set by patronus_charm || Author Page(12+)
1536ucg.gif

. . .Alopex . . .

#5 LucyLovegood

LucyLovegood

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

I have had a thousand plus dreams about Dan Radcliffe. They're never the same, but we always do the same sort of thing, go for a walk, talk a lot. Once he introduced me to Emma. They happen all the time. It's really strange. I've never dreamt anything related to a fic, though, to answer you're question.

All Was Well (17+)

Canontastic! Spoilerific!

Posted Image

Meet me! (12+) / Read My Stories! (12+)

~ * ~

"What if this dialogue were set to music? What if what we're saying could be said in a song?"

#6 VainTendancies

VainTendancies

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have had a dream about James II and my oc Jasmine. I am writing a fanfic about them and the dream was of an important scene which will now appear later in it smile.gif hehe

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature by VanityFair @ TDA

Click here to view my Fanfic 12+
Throwing Pebbles - JamesII/OC - M -WIP
Dancing on Strings - Oc/Oc - M - WIP
Orphanage Boy - Tom Riddle - 15+ - Complete

#7 LiamR

LiamR

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

I've had HP dreams ...
Their usually about my OC's. Mainly Joe, Matt and Elle. It's strange because Joe is from a different fic to Matt and Elle, but he's still in there ^_^

I had one about a week ago, where Elle randomly attacked Joe ...
It was strange ^_^

HPFF [12] | TDA [15] |

sherlocksig_zps79f9ef1e.png

Amaranth @ TDA

#8 SweetRose

SweetRose

New student

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

I usually always have dreams about the characters I'm writing and the dreams do usually become a part of the story. Like if I can't get a scene right in my head then I just think about it a lot before going to bed, and then it will work itself out in the dream. I also have a lot of daydreams about them as well, same situation.

If I'm not dreaming about the characters then I'm dreaming about giving an interview about one of my stories that was just published (like that will ever actually happen though) and then meeting the actors who play the characters. I usually have to scold myself for this later because it feels like I've been talking to myself.

Posted Image

My stories at HPFF

"A ROSE by any other name still smells as SWEET." -Shakespeare

#9 Guest_Love Made Visible_Guest

Guest_Love Made Visible_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

I always have Harry Potter related dreams. I think about it so much in the day that it only makes sense for me to think about it at night aswell! They're never anything significant, although one time me, Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the Department of Mysteries and the Orks from LoTR started attacking us, and they started shooting curses at them! tongue.gif

Edited by Love Made Visible, 05 February 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#10 mollzersTHEmarauder

mollzersTHEmarauder

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

While I was writing a past fic I had an awful dream about Teddy (the Main Character) an something terrible happening to him. It was awful!!

So then I woke up and said- 'That is going to be an amazing cliff hanger in my story!'

Posted Image

Ronald Weasley and The Boy Who Lived

Third chapter being written now!

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=142591

#11 Wildheart

Wildheart

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

Eurgh, I had this one really weird dream where I... I kind of was Harry, or at least I was in his body. It was just after HBP came out, and so I was dueling Snape. I shot Sectumsempra at him, and he got really angry with me for using his own spell against him, so he cast the Killing Curse and I died. confused.gif Only time I ever died in a dream... it was weird! Especially when I woke up and I felt like my body was completely hollow. I didn't feel right for the rest of the day.

There have been loads of other little Potterverse appearances in my dreams, but than one stand out in particular!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention this, I was just talking about it today! In that little period of time before the GoF movie and the HBP book were due to come out, I had this dream that was all in green, and I saw the Dark Mark go up into the air. I thought I was having a little "psychic" vision of the movie, but then a few months later my friend let me borrow HBP so I could finally read it... and I was struck with deja vous! It was almost exactly what I saw in my dream! It was kind of creepy to be honest... and I swear I am not making this up!

Edited by Wildheart, 06 February 2009 - 12:40 AM.

Daughter of VioletOctober!

3027/50,000

Posted Image

Absolutely GORGEOUS set by .showmetheLOVE @ TDA!

HPFF(12+) MTA Veela (15+)

#12 Angie

Angie

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

I once had a dream about Quidditch where Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were playing. It was so fun to watch. Even dreaming, Quidditch is a brilliant sport. Another dream I had was when I was in Hogwarts and I was being sorted. All my friends were sorted, but I was confused into what house I should be in. And Dan and Rupert were both in that one. I just went over to them asked what house do they think I'd be good in.

#13 Saruelic

Saruelic

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

The only one I can remember I had ages ago was about Dan guiding me through a corridor of a place I didn't know. It didn't last long because then my dream turned into something that didn't involve Dan anymore, very confusing.

The Black Crystal [M] ~ coming soon
Being the best candidate as he returns to Hogwarts for his seventh and final year, Draco Malfoy is given a task by Lord Voldemort.
What he believes to be a piece of cake quickly turns out to be more difficult than he initially realised.
Adamant to succeed, however, he takes on the role of a person he never before dreamed of becoming.
When people, including himself, start falling for his lies, his world is slowly turned upside down.

#14 Estellaa

Estellaa

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

i always dream about Harry Potter, i tend to either be Hermione,Harry or me but i'm always like a main character!!!
im usually quite good at spells and killing people for some reason XD
smile.gifsmile.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Into a Darkness where the Stars do Drown 15+

Father of Three Days 12+

-

We're All Mad Here.

Posted Image

#15 redherring

redherring

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

I've had dreams about Tom Felton before, which is really weird. Oh, and then I had this one with Bellatrix and someone who might have been Victoire. That was seriously bizarre.

PRIDE, PREJUDICE, AND DUELLING PISTOLS AT DAWN [15+] - chapter 3 is up!

Dominique, a posh bloke named Fitzwilliam, and murderous Hufflepuffs.

Posted Image Posted Image

Spock-approved Sheldon icons by laylacitababy at TDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users