• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ForgottenFace

ForgottenFace

Graphics Guru/Head of Hufflepuff

• Graphics Admin
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Seeing as my MTA was really old and out of date, I decided to start a new one. You can ask me anything about my stories here :)

In My Author's page [12+] I currently have 2 WIP and a One-Shot, all of them Mature rated.

Well, now...yeah.... go ahead :bye:

Edited by ForgottenFace, 08 November 2011 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

S.S. Memoirs: Parselmouth [M]

amazing set by Violet Gryfindor

#2 Violet Gryfindor

Violet Gryfindor

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hey ForgottenFace! :happy:

Where did you get the idea for "A Dying Legacy"? It's a very different kind of next-gen story, and I'm curious how you developed the idea.

Also, what is is like being one of the rare authors on this site who doesn't write romance, but instead focuses on darker or action-oriented stories? What draws you to these genres?

Edit: Sorry, hun, had to edit my name out. New site rule :)

Edited by ForgottenFace, 13 November 2011 - 10:07 PM.

need a banner? try The Dark Arts (12+)
vaguelyclear5-1.png  vaguelyclear4-1.png  vaguelyclear3-1.png
Fanfiction ;; Graphics ;; MTA
above links 12+ | icons by vaguelyclear

#3 ForgottenFace

ForgottenFace

Graphics Guru/Head of Hufflepuff

• Graphics Admin
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Why didn't I see your post before? D=

I got the idea for ADL while I was watching an episode of "Heroes". They had this virus, Shanti virus if I remember correctly, that I completely forgot what it was supposed to do. And there was this scene where a vial of the virus is falling and I instantly got hit with a summary for the story. I wrote the Prologue that same day, while I was walking my dog xD
This was years ago and I still haven't finished the story :p I blame that on not planning, although I do have a direction for the story and I already have half of the last chapter written, even if the chapters before that aren't planned yet. The story is already reaching that turning point where it is going to start wrapping things up. I've added things that I didn't plan on adding, like the Minister part, so I'll have to find a way to close that storyline in a neat way. :)

If there's anything I'm terrible at is writing romance and comedy. I just can't write them, everything feels wrong, from the descriptions to the dialogue. Somehow darkness just comes more naturally to me, evrything flows better for some reason. I'm not a romantic person and so I don't feel comfortable writing characters in love. I am actually writing 2 stories revolving around people falling in love, but I cannot envision a happily ever after romance, so they will not end in a happy note. Plus, I'd rather explore other types of relationship, like family, friendship, etc, which I'm going to do on SS Memoirs, if I ever get the inspirations to keep writing it :p (I will finish that trilogy, even if it's the last thing I do ><)
The only thing I wrote even remotely close to a romance was Infection and that's the opposite of romance. xD

It is sooo much fun writing cynical and bitter characters, than writing love-stricken teenagers :p

Even when doing creative writing assignments for Uni, I always write dark or action.

Thank you for the questions!! I was really not expecting for you to be the first one on my MTA :D

Posted Image

S.S. Memoirs: Parselmouth [M]

amazing set by Violet Gryfindor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users