25 replies to this topic

#16 TeamRon

TeamRon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Me and my sister used to get pencils and run around the garden pretending to duel. We used to run around and pretend to play Quidditch with a football, brooms and goals. I also once made up questions for my sister and we got a black spinny chair and had a Harry Potter mastermind. :p

#17 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have a Harry Potter board game that I kick butt at and now one will ever play with me. :(

2eqf4go.jpg

What is Love? (M) and Cold (M)

Credit for the awesome siggie and profile pic goes to SwissMiss @TDA

#18 evelynpotter

evelynpotter

New student

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

My friend and I play a variation of Rock, Paper, Scissors! called Grindylows, Centaurs, Acromantulas! For Grindylows, you do the "scissors" symbol in Rock, Paper, Scissors! For Centaurs, you make a 'C' with your fingers. For Acromantulas, you wiggle your fingers like the legs of a spider. Centaurs beat Acromantulas, Acromantulas beat Grindylows, and Grindylows beat Centaurs. It sounds like a stupid game, I know.

#19 Siriusly_Love_Sirius

Siriusly_Love_Sirius

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Okay here we go:

- I've played Lego Harry Potter (Years 1-4 and 5-7) on the Xbox numerous times
- When I was younger my favourite board game was this HP one based around the shops in Diagon Alley and you had to collect things from them and answer questions from cards and you earn Galleons, Sickles and Knuts as you play (SO gutted my mum threw it away :'( )
- I spent half my time when playing on the PS2 playing "The Quidditch World Cup" game
- Me and my sister tend to have spell off's when we're bored
- I've played numerous A-Z Harry potter games where you have to find something for every letter of the alphabet, e.g. spells, objects, characters.
- Countless HP Sporcle quizzes
- HP Hangman (tend to be played on our car windows when they've steamed up)
- I was obsessed with The Philosopher's Stone PC game when I was about 7 or 8

And I think that's all I can think of at the moment :)

Edited by Siriusly_Love_Sirius, 29 June 2012 - 07:10 PM.

Posted Image

Let's just run away together...

My Stories: Alone (M) | Oh The Pain! (M)

#20 SlytherinXPrincess9

SlytherinXPrincess9

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Unfortunately none of my friends are HP mad which is a shame because I think they are missing out on the best stroies in the world. I wish my friends were HP mad though then we could do all sorts of HP games.

SlytherinSignaturecopy-1.png

Signature and Icon made by myself

SlytherinGodess11 @ TDA

My Author Page (12+)

#21 WhisperThroughTheWind

WhisperThroughTheWind

New student

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

I don't have a lot of friends that like HP, but a few of them do :D one time in was in class with one of them and I asked her if she had ever seen A Very Potter Musical and we started talking about it. Then we both got up and started singing "Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts" but we didn't know most of the words except for the chorus and the part with Cho and Cedric. I started singing Cedric's part and I was so loud that everybody turned to look at me and I was all like :whistling:

Posted Image

Amazing sig by Chocolateluver @tda

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass;

It's about learning to dance in the rain

#22 HollyStone73

HollyStone73

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Heh...I am actually lucky enough to be attending a muggle college university that not only has a Quidditch team, BUT...even has a university approved Harry potter club!!  We can play Harry Potter every day!!

:Slytherin:

#23 teh tarik

teh tarik

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Rock, Paper Scissors has now become the Deathly Hallows for me! Rock = Resurrection Stone, Scissors = Elder Wand, Paper = Invisibility Cloak. Stone will break Wand, Wand will somehow poke holes through Cloak ( :p) and Cloak will wrap round Stone. Or something like that :D

currently writing: nah. slacking off on JulNo like a boss.
2ex09di.jpg
icon and sig by emmaweasley

I fictionalise you (M)

#24 Freida&Georgina

Freida&Georgina

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Me and my sisters sometimes play harry-potter related hangman or Scategories, but we've also put together "horocrux" clue hunts for each other on special occasions (like July 31st!). We've also played the scene it, and we have the sorcerer's/philosopher's stone board game and a trivia app on one of our ipods (One of the answers is wrong: <spoilers>M____ betrayed DA not C__.</spoilers>)

we also quote harry potter constantly, and out recent hobby is to think of a quote and change one word to "bacon": ie "if there is one thing voldemort doesn't understand, its bacon." We've thought of some pretty funny bacon-quotes. :)

also, a small college nearby has muggle quidditch: and it gets pretty rough! It can be almost as violent as real quidditch, only without magic to heal injuries!

Edited by Freida&Georgina, 23 November 2013 - 02:38 AM.

"pufftastic" sig (and icon set) by EmmaWeasley

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsa4dc3c

:Hufflepuff: TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT! :Hufflepuff:

My Stories(12+,15+)My MTA Page(12+)

#25 Valerian

Valerian

New student

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

This topic brought back really awesome memories of when I was much younger! 

I used to love making up games for all the neighborhood kids and my little brother to play and a fan favorite was Harry Potter :) It was kind of like playing "school" but the Harry Potter version. First they would go to Transfiguration and I would have them repeat the different spells after me. I used to line up different stuffed animals and then when the kids would say the spell I would swap them out for a picture frame or something random like that. Then they would go to Potions. I would write down a list of items that they could find in the back yard, give them a plastic bowl, and say "go!" The list usually looked something like this: 

1. fill with pool water 

2. add ten blades of grass

3. add a handful of dirt

4. stir three times with a stick 

5. add five rocks 

6. stir twelve times with a different stick 

7. remove the rocks 

8. leave in the sun for five minutes 

I had a lot of fun making up these potions  :yes:

Then we would swim with the mermaids or the giant squid in the black lake (our pool.) 

This is such a great topic haha! I wish I was ten again. 

#26 thepencilwarrior

thepencilwarrior

New student

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

*sighs* If only I had real-life friends to do things like that with. They're great, don't get me wrong, but they just don't understand my obsession, you know?  :no: Once upon a time, (I can't remember when) I went to a local convention-like thing where we got to play muggle Quidditch! That was so much fun, even though I was absolutely terrible at it! (Catching a soccer ball and riding on a broom at the exact same time is a tricky thing to do, my friends, I can only imagine how hard it would be to have to actually do it in the air!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users