#1 potterweasleygranger

potterweasleygranger

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering, do any of you totally obsessed Harry Potter fans ever play random games based on the HP books or movies with your friends or even just by yourself? I know I do! If you do, don't be shy, what?

For example: Do you ever go running about in the bush yelling out Harry Potter spells to try and kill your friends?
Or do you ever pretend that you are at Hogwarts and put on "robes" and go to potions class or charms?

So come on don't be shy:

potterweasleygranger

byhedwidgeon.png            alsobyhedwidgeon.png

#2 JenniTheSquib

JenniTheSquib

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

I've played Harry Potter sceneit? at like three in the morning at sleepovers before. We were way too into it and giving additional information beyond what the question actually asked :) But that's okay!

When we do clicker questions in APUSH nearly everyone in my class wields their remotes as if they were wands *points is at the screen, presses answer* "Expelliarmus!" and the like.

#3 Blinky

Blinky

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

I wish I had any friends that were HP fans to play with. I have always wanted to try out muggle quidditch, it seems to be the most fun activity that is HP related. Although a wizards duel or a nice go at the triwizard tournament would be bomb. Now that I think about it, switch out the quidditch with the tornament, it seems like it would be the most fun after all!

#4 dobbys_socks

dobbys_socks

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:20 AM

Most of my friends don't like HP so no. It would be heaps cool though! Oh, but two of my friends have seen AVPM as well as me so lately we've been dancing and singing and quoting all through lunch. It gets on a lot of peoples nerves. I'd really like to make a video or something of a bunch of friends and I rolling around on the floor like Lauren and rambling about Pigfarts. Is that weird?

Posted Image

absolutely gorgeous set by JellO @ tda || stories (12+)

#5 Chocolate_Frog

Chocolate_Frog

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

Yeah, a lot! My friends and I are a bunch of HP nuts. :wub: Sometimes we would play HP versions of normal games, like Harry Potter Hangman/Charades or a Harry Potter version of Ninja, and others we'd just randomly shout out spells to amuse ourselves and see if they would work. It's quite fun, actually. xD

Edited by Chocolate_Frog, 26 November 2011 - 05:53 AM.

Khanh <3

Posted Image

Fight BoredomStifle CuriosityEat Candy
set by justonemorefic @TDA | all links 12+

#6 LexiBlack

LexiBlack

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

Most Definetly. I have HP scene it on my iPhone and I play Harry Potter games in the street with my friends. We're all such nerds.

#7 MimbleyWimbley

MimbleyWimbley

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

*Sniff* I miss being little! My friend and I always played Harry Potter. That's what we would say: "Let's play Harry Potter!" and we would gather random stuff from around the house and outside to be our wands, books, and I even had this clear rubber ball that we pretended was a Remembrall. And we would play Quidditch in the yard on my Mom's brooms... It was so fun! Sometimes, like right now, I wish I had friends that were hardcore enough to pretend we were wizards again...

But I do still have my Sorcerer's Stone board game that I got years ago! And yes... I play that by myself sometimes. And I play the EA videogames :sorcerer:

#8 Zora

Zora

New student

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

My sister, my mum and I played a lot of games around Harry Potter. We have the CD´s of the OoP and one game we played in the car was that we tried to list all the names that are mentioned in the book. and by that i really mean all the names, even the ones that are only mentioned one time we had them all in categories and whoever knew the most names to the categorie won one point. We made a rule book and everything.

Also friends of mine played a juggling version of Quiditch on a juggling convention. Would have loved to do that, but I wasn´t there and you have to be a really good juggler for that game, which I´m not.

#9 keira7794

keira7794

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Oh! I would love to :p Muggle Quidditch looks really fun (have to admit that when I applied to Unis this year, my prioirty was seeing if they had a HP society :p). Sadly none of my friends are into Harry Potter so that kinda sucks! :p

Posted Image

Incredible set by Bellatrixx @ TDA || Author's Page (12+ to M)

#10 BlameItOnTheNargles

BlameItOnTheNargles

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Well I play with Harry Potter lego and the DS games for Harry Potter =D But me and my friend played a rock, paper, scissors but it was a deathly hallows version using the stone, cloak and wand instead :D

2vmsftv.png

SPENCER TDA HPFF AveryEldorne&KleaMason(PW)

#11 elephant828

elephant828

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

One time in my French class we were supposed to be playing French Scrabble. Our class split into groups of four, and I just happened to be placed in a group of fellow Harry Potter fans, so we decided to play Harry Potter Scrabble instead. I think I won("Voldemort" on a triple word score, baby!). :)

#12 MrsJaydeMalfoy

MrsJaydeMalfoy

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 894 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

So this isn't exactly an HP game, but it has HP related stuff on it, and I just experienced a really funny moment with the HP stuff.

It's called 'Catch Phrase' and it is seriously one of the funnest games ever. You're given a phrase and you've got a few seconds to get your teammate to guess what the phrase is without saying any part of it.

So my phrase I was describing to my partner just now was 'Slytherin House'. (You see now why this is being posted here :p ) The clues I gave were:

~Draco's in this!
(Partner's Answer: Harry Potter!)

~No, there's four of them at Hogwarts.
(Prisoner of Azkaban!)

~NO! Not movies! There's four of them at Hogwarts and they're called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and blank!
(Um...?)

~The Snake is the symbol!
(Slytherin!)

~Yes! Okay, Slytherin what?
(SLYTHERIN FRATERNITY! *said with an intense amount of excitement*)

~Me: :blink:

TeamLunaDiggorySig_zpsfa305bac.gif

Amazing forums set by LightLeviosa5443@TDA!

My Stories (15+ - M)MTA (12+)

#13 flamel.alchemy

flamel.alchemy

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

One time, my friend and I were REALLY bored in class and we played Harry Potter hangman. Let's just say we were entertained until the end of class. :)

&& sometimes your past is prone to follow you.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

lovely icons by Elysium @TDA thankyou

#14 LexiBlack

LexiBlack

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

So this isn't exactly an HP game, but it has HP related stuff on it, and I just experienced a really funny moment with the HP stuff.

It's called 'Catch Phrase' and it is seriously one of the funnest games ever. You're given a phrase and you've got a few seconds to get your teammate to guess what the phrase is without saying any part of it.

So my phrase I was describing to my partner just now was 'Slytherin House'. (You see now why this is being posted here :p ) The clues I gave were:

~Draco's in this!
(Partner's Answer: Harry Potter!)

~No, there's four of them at Hogwarts.
(Prisoner of Azkaban!)

~NO! Not movies! There's four of them at Hogwarts and they're called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and blank!
(Um...?)

~The Snake is the symbol!
(Slytherin!)

~Yes! Okay, Slytherin what?
(SLYTHERIN FRATERNITY! *said with an intense amount of excitement*)

~Me: :blink:

I'm laughing so hard right now! Ahhh... Non Potter fans, they just don't understand.

I've played a similar thing as well actually, one of my friends says something then you have to say the first thing that comes to mind when you hear it, and me and one of my friends are huge potter nerds. So the topic was always Harry Potter, my other friend got sooo lost. None the less it was very fun, and we played it all of math. Then started one on Facebook for all our friends, which was fun.

Oh and my high school has a quidditch team, except the sign up sheet wasn't there much to my disapointment... Oh well! next year perhaps!

Edited by LexiBlack, 14 February 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#15 thedeathlyhallows007

thedeathlyhallows007

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Well, there are always fun HP drinking games...for the 6th movie, my sister and I even had a rule for every time there was a moment of angst. Needless to say, it was every scene, basically. There are some really fun ones online that you can find, but making your own is always the best. Also, are any of you guys sporcle fans? Because those quizzes are epic. Favorite? Harry Potter Chapter Titles. And I can get all 199 now. In 14 minutes, no less. :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users