20 replies to this topic

#1 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Hello everyone, Alexfan here! :bye: Don't ask why I picked that name, first thing that popped into my head.

I like to read a lot and if you ever meet me, my nose will most likely be stuck in a book.

I write a lot, I like to write, it's one of the things that keeps me sane, if I didn't write, I would not function properly (and even if writing I still don't manage to function very well).

If you've got any questions for me on whatever please do ask!

I can't seem to finish writing a novel for the life of me but hey, at least I'm trying. Yeah, that novel won't get finished anytime in the near future. I also update my fanfictions weirdly, I tried keeping a schedule once on when I would update. It did not go well and I just gave up on organization.

Watch out for anymore fanfictions written by me! And I just wanted to add this in because it was awesome :yahoo: .

One last thing, I'm one of the clumsiest people to ever walk this planet, I kid you not. Ever thought tripping over air was impossible? Take it from someone with experience, it isn't. I just fail at life sometimes, really, I do. If I get too many good things happening, bad stuff starts happening to even things out. Nemesis must dislike me or something.

BUTTERBEER FOR EVERYONE!

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 29 October 2012 - 01:00 PM.

aminorsetback_zps26133880.png

Author Page/Signature Link (12+ to M)| YOU CAN CALL ME GRACE | set by moonlace @ tda

#2 Puygmepuffgal

Puygmepuffgal

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi! I am like additcted to your story It Happend Accedently. Its a wonderfully written story. I was super excited when i saw that you had read/reviewed my story! I love Athena Winters she is a very well developed checter and the relationship between her and James is super beliveable. I have just finnished my 6th chapter for Confessions and it should be up soon. Thanks again for reviewing. I love your work.
-PPG
Posted Image
PPG<3

#3 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hi! I am like additcted to your story It Happend Accedently. Its a wonderfully written story. I was super excited when i saw that you had read/reviewed my story! I love Athena Winters she is a very well developed checter and the relationship between her and James is super beliveable. I have just finnished my 6th chapter for Confessions and it should be up soon. Thanks again for reviewing. I love your work.
-PPG

So glad that I finally got around to this! So hey! So glad you liked it, this story wasn't really a serious story, it was more for fun, a first try if you will. I just hope I get better at writing from here on in. The story is almost over though so yeah.

I really wish that I'd done that first post a little better, I'm just facepalming myself from the awfulness of it all. I hope that doesn't put people off.

Edited by AlPotterFan, 23 October 2012 - 03:28 AM.

Author Page/Signature Link (12+ to M)| YOU CAN CALL ME GRACE | set by moonlace @ tda

#4 aquablue17

aquablue17

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Heyy!!

So I was just looking around and found this! So ta da! here are questions  :no:  :yes:

What made you write A Minor Setback?

Why did you name Serephina that? (ITS SUCH A UNIQUE NAME!)

How did you come up with her characterization?? 

Do you have all of your stories pre-written before you post them?

ZL3z9CL.png

|| icon & siggy heartfelt. @TDA || Link to My Writing: Here [M-12+] ||

#5 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Heyy!!

So I was just looking around and found this! So ta da! here are questions  :no:  :yes:

YAY! QUESTIONS!

I'm not really sure, the idea came to me while I was lying in bed and I was thinking about pregnancy fanfictions and I thought of all of my favourite pregnancy fanfictions and how I could do something my way.

I read a story titled Seraphina and the main character was named Seraphina and she was really strong and independent and whenever I thought of a name that would go with Seraphina's personality that was the only thing that I could think of. Plus, it was such a girly name for someone who was anything but girly.

Honestly, Seraphina was what I imagined everyone on tumblr would be like combined. So I used a lot of the personalities that I see on tumblr and I know this sounds weird but I also gave her what I consider to be some of my bad qualities.

I don't have five chapters written for a story before I actually post the first chapter of it. I only work on one chapter at a time. I get really annoyed when I have files just sitting around gathering dust even if I am going to use them.

#6 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hey there! I recently finished your last chapter of AMS that you have up, and I really enjoyed it! Do you already have the ending planned?

Catherine xx  :happy:

#7 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hey there! I recently finished your last chapter of AMS that you have up, and I really enjoyed it! Do you already have the ending planned?

Catherine xx  :happy:

I have a pretty good idea in my head of what I want to happen at the end but that may change depending on how the story goes and how the last chapter is written.

#8 GinevraMollyPotter

GinevraMollyPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hey :D

I've just been reading your 'A Minor Setback' and loved it!

1) Did you know Seraphina is the angel of families? It made me smile when I read it because obviously she's pregnant and she is the one who brings news of coming babies! If so was it deliberate?

2) Is the characterisation of Albus based on anyone? He's such a wonderful and complex character and I can't wait to see what his reaction is to her!

3) What made you write Lily the way you've written her? She is a very good friend but also originally very fiesty so I'm intrigued to see how that carries on throughout as she will obviously want to protect Seraphina when the news of her pregnancy breaks.

4) Do you have any sort of idea when the next chapter will be finished? I can't wait to read on!

LoX7dpE_zps328e79df.gif

Wonderful sig set by Wistful@TDA 

My author page (12+-M)

#9 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

New questions! Yay!

1) Did you know Seraphina is the angel of families? It made me smile when I read it because obviously she's pregnant and she is the one who brings news of coming babies! If so was it deliberate?

I actually did not know that until now, but now that I do, that's actually pretty cool. Funny how things work out isn't it? I did not name Seraphina what I named her because of that, I named her for different reasons.

2) Is the characterisation of Albus based on anyone? He's such a wonderful and complex character and I can't wait to see what his reaction is to her!

Yes and no. Albus isn't really based on just one person or inspired by just one person either, I took all of the good qualities that I found in the people close to me and kind of smushed them together to form one character. 

3) What made you write Lily the way you've written her? She is a very good friend but also originally very fiesty so I'm intrigued to see how that carries on throughout as she will obviously want to protect Seraphina when the news of her pregnancy breaks.

Lily isn't always shown as someone who's overprotective of her brothers, it's usually the other way around and I was thinking about it and I figured, why wouldn't she be overprotective? Sure her older brothers can handle themselves but that doesn't mean that she still wouldn't want to protect them. I also thought about how I would react if my brother was in a situation like Albus and I'd be pretty angry myself. I also pictured Lily as someone who's a bit weary around people she doesn't know but once someone becomes a part of her life she'll go out of her way to help and keep safe the people that she cares about.

4) Do you have any sort of idea when the next chapter will be finished? I can't wait to read on!

The next chapter is already finished, I just need to look it over and edit it to make sure that I'm happy with it and then in the queue it goes! It should be out in a couple of days.

Thanks so much for the questions, I had a lot of fun answering them and I'm so glad that you're enjoying the story!

#10 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hello! I'm Sama and I am here with a couple questions.

1) You have quite a number of WIPs. Which one is your favorite at the moment?

2) Which next generation character is your favorite?

3) Out of all your OCs which one is most like you? Why?

4) Who are a couple of your favorite authors on the archives?

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M) | Nutshell(15+)

NUTSHELLsigdone_zpsbdd30050.png

#11 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hey there Sama!

1) You have quite a number of WIPs. Which one is your favorite at the moment?

At the moment by absolute favourite one is A Minor Setback but Thick As Thieves is a pretty close second.

2) Which next generation character is your favorite?

I don't think I really have a favourite because I like pretty much all of them but if I had to pick one I'd say either Lily or Rose.

3) Out of all your OCs which one is most like you? Why?

I'm most like Seraphina from A Minor Setback because we're both anti-social people who speak before we think. We're both very blunt and sarcastic people, we're both socially awkward and I tend to put my foot in my mouth. School-wise, we're similar, if not the same, we're both obsessed with getting good grades and doing well and lots of other things that get more personal.

4) Who are a couple of your favorite authors on the archives?

A couple of my favourite authors are definitely justonemorefic (no doubt about that) and it's a tie between AC_rules, dream _BIG Jess the Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the questions!

#12 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hey, I just a another quick question about A Minor Setback!

Where did you find inspiration for Seraphina? I know she's based around yourself; was that intentional? Are you pregnant? (Okay just kidding with the last one, but I felt like Rita Skeeter for a second)

#13 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hey, I just a another quick question about A Minor Setback!

Where did you find inspiration for Seraphina? I know she's based around yourself; was that intentional? Are you pregnant? (Okay just kidding with the last one, but I felt like Rita Skeeter for a second)

I was actually reading a book called I really liked the character and I'd been wanting to write a character like the one that I read about for a very long time and the character in that book is actually my guide (kind of) to writing Seraphina. The ending up like me part was accidentally and something that I realised a couple of weeks ago. And no, I'm not pregnant  :no:  :no:

#14 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Of course I have questions for one of my favorite HPFF authors out there :p

1. I have to say you write a fair amount of one-shots. How do you keep all the characters and story lines separate?

2. What is the best time of day to write for you? Or is it an around the clock thing?

3. What position would you be on a quidditch team?

4. Meddling Aphrodite has to be one of my favorite so far of all of your new stories. How did you get all of that out of a banner?!

5. Shelby Watts is quite a fun character to read and I like her just by the first impression. Do you share her same love of Sherlock? If not what books are you "obsessed" with over all others? 

b91862c584052361adee07ac3417173f.jpg

#15 AlPotterFan

AlPotterFan

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Woo! More questions!

1. I have to say you write a fair amount of one-shots. How do you keep all the characters and story lines separate?

I think that I actually don't have that many compared to most authors on the site so I'm working on fixing that. Anyway, the way that I keep everything separate is I basically make notes on something that I can take anywhere with me and have at hand whenever wherever. They're not the most organized notes because there's usually like one-line scrolls on five different pages for the same thing sometimes but they're there and it's my way of keeping everything from getting mixed up.

2. What is the best time of day to write for you? Or is it an around the clock thing?

I pretty much write whenever I can get on the computer/wrestle it away from my brother or whenever I get inspiration. There's not really a best time of day for me, I do most of my writing in the afternoon though because the chances of me getting interrupted are very low and I can keep writing for however long I want so I guess that would be the best time of day for me.

3. What position would you be on a quidditch team?

Since I spend so much time with my nose in a book and reading, my eyesight is starting to suck now so even though I think I'd be a pretty good Seeker, I don't think I'd be able to do it with not very good eyesight. I think I'd be Beater though (she said as she answered the actual question) and that's mostly because I think it'd be a lot of fun hitting Bludgers at people, my job would actually be to slow down/injure people. That and because I'm naturally a short-tempered/easily irritated person it would kind of let me take out my frustration and annoyance.

4. Meddling Aphrodite has to be one of my favorite so far of all of your new stories. How did you get all of that out of a banner?!

I'm glad that you liked it! Well, I saw the banner and I fell in love with it and I knew that I had to have it so ideas started going around my head about what kind of story I could write to fit it. I couldn't think of any "normal" original character that would even be close to looking like the girl in the banner and somehow I got to the Greek Gods. The expression on the girl's face though reminded me of what my mom looks like when she watches Criminal Minds and she's drinking coffee, like she's enjoying the drama that's happening to other people and watching it play out and I got to thinking that Aphrodite would probably look like that while she was watching the lives of everyone else unfold. And then came the hard part of what the actual plot of the story would be which took me a day or two to come up with because how could I bring the Greek Gods to have anything to do with the Wizarding World and George and Angelina waltzed into my brain asking to be written and that's how that story came about.

I hope that made sense because to me it doesn't sound like it.

5. Shelby Watts is quite a fun character to read and I like her just by the first impression. Do you share her same love of Sherlock? If not what books are you "obsessed" with over all others? 

I'm glad you like her, I was worried that she might come off as a bit whiny or annoying. I definitely share her love of Sherlock, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have that in the story. If we're not counting Harry Potter as one of the books that I'm obsessed with over all the others than I would say the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series because they're feeding me my need to learn about Greek Mythology.

Thanks so much for the questions! They were a lot of fun to answer!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meet, The, Author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users