23 replies to this topic

#16 alicia and anne

alicia and anne

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Well hello there twin! :D I have a few questions for you!

1. How do you make sure you stick to your list and not give in to anything else like Tharry love?

2. How long do you like to make your chapters?

3. Is there anything that you won't write?

4. Is there anything you want to write but haven't?

5. How do you feed that wonderful brain of yours so it thinks of all these amazing ideas?

6. Is there any stories you've written that you're not too fond of?

7. What is the best song/band for inspiration?

Here you are! I'll think of more questions soon. :D

beatitsig_zpsbf7d2dd91_zpsf63a70bd.png

Set made by Squirtle @ TDA

My stories (M)

#17 SamMalfoy93

SamMalfoy93

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

TWIN! HELLO!

1. How do you make sure you stick to your list and not give in to anything else like Tharry love?
I write what I need to while planing others. That way I know what will happen when the time comes to write love like Tharry, But still will have written what I need to from my list - the list is what gets posted. This seem to help me. :)

2. How long do you like to make your chapters?
I don't set any sort of guide when I write - I put chapter outlines at the top and I write what goes in it, flesh it out as I go, then edit. I can't force a length, sometimes they're short, lots of times they're long chapters. But I always feel good about them when they're done.

3. Is there anything that you won't write?
There is nothing that I won't attempt to write, but there are things that I don't know if I can write. Characters mostly, like Snape. I just don't know if I could get him right. It all depends on what ideas I get.

4. Is there anything you want to write but haven't?
I want to write a lot of things - I have historical fics and eras like Founders that I've always wanted to do. Minor Post-Hogwarts, such as my Pansy Parkinson/Marcus Flint. Maybe one day I'll get to them.

5. How do you feed that wonderful brain of yours so it thinks of all these amazing ideas?
I do a lot of thinking. :p I know all sorts about my characters and what goes into my headcanon, sometimes they become ideas for stories and sometimes those ideas are written. Most of the time, they either stay as ideas or no one ever knows those things.

6. Is there any stories you've written that you're not too fond of?
A few years ago, I bunched a load of cliches together, put them with Dramione and wrote it. It's on another site, has a lot of reads and reviews saying they love it, but I hate it. I only wrote it because I wanted to know what would happen - now I know. :p It'll never be posted here. I like the stories I've posted here, even the Dramiones.

7. What is the best song/band for inspiration?
That all depends on my mood or what I'm writing or if a specific song serves as inspiration for a certain scene/character - like, for Oliver Ford in Stuck, I'll listen to Imagine Dragons. For Marauders, I'll listen to Uprising by Muse. I have a lot of playlists. Music is always on. :D

Thank you so much for your questions!!!

Sam.

Edited by SamMalfoy93, 24 August 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Sam TheHeirOfSlytherin (12+-M) S.D.W.W.S
256fp1h.jpg
Set by aigue-marine @ tda.

#18 CambAngst

CambAngst

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Hellooo, Sam! I've a few questions for you, if you don't mind...

1 - You put an enormous amount of thought into your original characters. So much so, it seems, that sometimes it spills over the sides of your stories and ends up on Twitter. ;) Give us a glimpse into your process for creating and developing a new character. How much of it is background work you do in advance and how much grows organically as you write?

2 - Along the same lines as your original characters, you have a tendency to take very minor characters from the books -- your boy Theo immediately comes to mind -- and build them up into iconic figures in Sam's Universe. Do you have any such characters that you haven't written yet, but you're planning to?

3 - The body of work you've posted to the archives is simply massive. Out of all of those stories, what is the one chapter (or one-shot story) that you're most proud of and why?

4 - On the flip side of the coin, did you ever have an idea that sounded awesome in your head but you just couldn't get it to come together in written form?

5 - After Deathly Hallows came out, JKR revealed that Dumbledore was in love with Gellert Grendelwald. Do you think the fact that she never explicitly tackled the issue of gay and lesbian characters in the text of the books was a good decision or a missed opportunity?

6 - Someday when you're a famous author -- don't forget that you know me, OK? :p -- you run into JKR at some fancy cocktail party for brilliant, wealthy, creative people. What are the first three questions that you will ask her?

Thanks!

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore
My Author Page (stories range from 15+ to M) - My MTA Page (12+)
Posted Image

#19 SamMalfoy93

SamMalfoy93

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hey, Dan! I was so excited when I saw you had posted questions!

1 - You put an enormous amount of thought into your original characters. So much so, it seems, that sometimes it spills over the sides of your stories and ends up on Twitter.  ;) Give us a glimpse into your process for creating and developing a new character. How much of it is background work you do in advance and how much grows organically as you write?

Haha, yeah, I haven't put headcanon facts onto Twitter for a while now... maybe I should. :p Er... It's not that big a process, I must admit. I'm not even aware of how much thought has gone into a character until later - when I have a new story and there's OCs in it, I start with a basic outline; looks personality, stuff like that. Then I go to the bigger stuff, like childhood, family and friends. Enough to be able to write them and not wonder about if they're realistic and such. The rest, grow as I write;it's something that either comes to mind because of the plot and I think it works or it doesn't but it fits the character as a whole. (Examples: I always knew about Kieron's gifts; he originally wasn't going to accept his blame in what happened as a child and think about forgiving Daphne, just tell Alexa what happened. Xavier wasn't meant to have such a big role in Silver Linings. And Chris is Jewish.)

2 - Along the same lines as your original characters, you have a tendency to take very minor characters from the books -- your boy Theo immediately comes to mind -- and build them up into iconic figures in Sam's Universe. Do you have any such characters that you haven't written yet, but you're planning to?

Sam's Universe; I like that. Yes. I've written a one-shot about him, just to try it, but I'm gonna include him anyway - Regulus Black. I have so much about Regulus Black, sometimes I just feel like I have to write it down. I look forward to one day getting round to this novel; it's not just about him, it's Dorcas Meadowes, too, (another minor character I want to write) and why they came to do what they did and why it got them killed. It's very exciting. There's also James Potter, I have stuff about him. And from Hogwarts era, A pansy Parkinson/Marcus Flint novel in my plans that I'm quite excited about. I'm sure there's more (like a Draco/Astoria, or two), but these are my big ones, I think. :)

3 - The body of work you've posted to the archives is simply massive. Out of all of those stories, what is the one chapter (or one-shot story) that you're most proud of and why?

Okay, I'm looking through my page now... most of them is from my old account, I added them when I had to make a new account, or there probably wouldn't be so many :p... Okay, this is a list of three. First, the labor chapter in Silver Linings (M), because it was scary to write, having not been in a situation like that at all, and I didn't know if it was going to be good or bad or what and I admit I freaked myself a little wondering where it was going. Second, my little Fred one-shot, Forever Young (15+), about the second war and Fred's last moments; I'd never written about Fred or in second person before and it was for a challenge, so I challenged myself. It was fun and sad and I love it. Third, my Harry/Ginny, So the Saying Goes (15+); this wouldn't be on the list if it had been in Harry's PoV, i know Harry, Harry is good to me, but Ginny was new and I didn't know if I could write her well. But I was very happy when it was finished. So, one of those, I think.

4 - On the flip side of the coin, did you ever have an idea that sounded awesome in your head but you just couldn't get it to come together in written form?

Albus/Gellert. But I refuse to give up; it will be posted one day... maybe. Oh, and I have a couple of old Hogwarts/Post-Hogwarts stories on my computer that will never see the light of day because they won't work for me. 

5 - After Deathly Hallows came out, JKR revealed that Dumbledore was in love with Gellert Grendelwald. Do you think the fact that she never explicitly tackled the issue of gay and lesbian characters in the text of the books was a good decision or a missed opportunity?

Honestly, I never really thought about it. I was still young when it all came out, so it didn't bother me at the time. Now if I think about it, I think it would have been a missed opportunity if it had come up at all as part of the story. If Dumbledore had told Harry about his relationship with Grindelwald or if Harry had picked up on anything in the relationship he read about that implied Dumbledore's feelings, but he either didn't or didn't comment on it. Book 7 is about the Hallows, the Horcruxes and the war and they're all from Harry's PoV, so the only relationships you come across are the main ones (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione) and what he sees (Arthur/Molly, Remus/Tonks), and I don't know if JKR would have been able to bring about issues with gay and lesbian characters without making it feel forced. I think hearing about it later as background information was better, but that's a personal thing because I like the background information. :)

I know some fans were shocked when it came out and thought that it should have been stated in the book if it was true, but that wasn't what the book was about and I'm okay with it not being in there. And hey, there could be more, that's why I'm here. :p

6 - Someday when you're a famous author -- don't forget that you know me, OK?  :p -- you run into JKR at some fancy cocktail party for brilliant, wealthy, creative people. What are the first three questions that you will ask her?

Haha, I'd never forget that. Well, my first question would probably have to be, how did a little person like me get to be invited to a party full of brilliant, wealthy, creative people? 

Er... *thinks* ...If I met JKR, my questions would have to be - 

1. In light of the recent Ron/Hermione article, and the potential missed opportunity of slash, is there anything she does regret writing, or at least, does she wish she could add or change anything, even if it's just a small detail?

2. Did she ever dream that Harry Potter might one day be so big, both book and movie wise?

3. What's her process in creating her characters?

Thank you so much for your questions, Dan! :D

Sam TheHeirOfSlytherin (12+-M) S.D.W.W.S
256fp1h.jpg
Set by aigue-marine @ tda.

#20 potterfan310

potterfan310

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hey :bye:

1) I know you and Tammi both have a love of Theodore Nott and tend to write him a lot, but what's the appeal with writing him? Why the former Slytherin?

2) What made you to decide to Write Silver Linings?

3) Out of the variety of characters you have written, if you could hang out with one for a day who would it be?

4) 61 stories! That's a major achievement :cheerleader: how do you manage to keep up with all the WIP's and treat your stories fairly?

5) Before you create your little world, did you plan to use OC's from certain stories in your other stories?

6) Is your little world, similar to Tammi's (or Tammi's similar to yours) as I've spotted Alexa and Keiron Nott and Nikolas Demarcus (from Silver Linings) in I'll Love Her Enough For The Both Of Us?

7) Any news on the Silver Linings Sequel?

8) I've noticed you tend to write a lot of slash, is there a reason behind it?

x_Sophie_x

epkn0x.png

Amazing sig by toothless @ TDA! Sig link is rated (M)

HPFF(15+) MTA (12+)

#21 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hey, some questions!

1. Ok, I have to ask you about your stories all being connected I haven't seen anyone else do this! I was wondering if there was a connection in how many stories you have up and all of them being connected?  Does it motivate you more?

2. Why do you like Slytherin so much! What's the appeal and have you always considered yourself a Slytherin?

3. Out of all your stories which one do not like? Which one have you put the most effort in to? and which one would you publish if you could?

4. What's your writing schedule like?

5. What means more to you reviews or reads?

have fun!

#22 ShadowRose

ShadowRose

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Hello there! I've got some questions for you!

1. I've just recently read Forever Young. Where did you get the inspiration to write Fred how you did?

2. Which genre is your favorite to write?

3. I swear, you're always updating your stories. How do you make time to write so frequently?

4. How do you keep your stories organized? Do you plan everything out in advance, or let it fall into place?

5. You have a TON of characters, Which one's your favorite to write?

6. Are there any characters or stories that you find harder to write than others?

Okay, I think that's about all for now! :p

:Gryffindor:  Taylor.  :Gryffindor:

SIGHC_zps75419e63.gif

Icon and signature by Elenia @ TDA

Author Page [12+ to M] | Review Thread [12+] | MTA [12+]

#23 Lululuna

Lululuna

Inquisitorial Squad

• Prefect
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hi Sam! :) 

1. You update so often and have so many stories. Is it challenging balancing so many at once? Do you have any tips for managing many different plots and characters? 

2. How much of yourself do you put into your main characters? Is there one especially who is very similar to yourself? 

3. In Enchanted, Ciaran's blindness is so vividly written. Was it difficult writing a novel without using descriptions of sight? What were the main challenges with this? 

4. You mentioned that you want to be a screenwriter. How does writing script differ from prose, and what is your favourite thing about it? 

5. If you could meet one of the supernatural creatures that were listed in your supernatural creatures challenge, which one would you pick and why?

6. What is your favourite thing about HPFF? 

Author Page [M]|| beautiful set by catharsis at TDA||Link in image rated M.

sevenfoldsig_zps6fec6171.png

September Writing Goals: The Devil's Road: 3,982/20,000. Magpie: 3,446/15,000.

Sonnets to the Dark Lady: 2,094/12,000. The Wandering One: 2,460/5,500.   

#24 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it :)

1. What brought you to HPFF, and then into writing FF?
2. You write some amazing stories. What do you find inspiration in?
3. If you were to play Qudditch, what position would you play?
4. What story of yours was your fave to write?
5. Do you have any new plot bunnys forming?

Enjoy!!

QiLjOhD.gif

Awesome Gryffindor set created by Elenia @HPFF/TDA

Authors Page: (M) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users