#1 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hi!
LWG here. As you've probably gathered, this is my MTA page! You can ask me any sort of questions here to do with plotline, characters, techniques, possible new stories.
Be creative! I love interesting or challenging questions. What's life without a bit of a challenge?

See you around
-LWG xxx

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

pretties by PhoenixAlthor & prospero

#2 kalkay

kalkay

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

OH! I've been waiting for you MTA page because I love your style of writing but...not a fan of Dramione...heck I don't really like to read Hermione in FF. It's nothing against the writers or anything, I just don't care for her all too much to begin with. :unsure:
So...
Are you considering other stories/ships/era's? (I would love to see you do a Founders or other) :)

I was also wondering if you pull your writing style from a favorite author and if you plan out your story or just kind of go with whatever happens?

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

#3 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Hi, YAY MY FIRST QUESTION! I'm excited now :)
Well I appreciate that lots of people prefer canon ships but I'm glad you like my style of writing!

I am actually writing a marauders fic at the moment about Marlene McKinnon, the first chapter of which is being validated. This story is going to be 100% canon. I am fascinated by the Founders era though and will probably do a one-shot/short story about them...

To answer your second question-no, my style is completely my own. I hadn't even realised it was particularly distinctive until you pointed it out! When writing my chapters I plan out the important and necessary events and let the rest just flow!

I hope that answers sufficiently! Wishing you happiness,
-LWG xx

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#4 Livi_777

Livi_777

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hi LWG!
I thought that I should visit your MTA page because I'm your best friend and other various reasons!
So, it's been hard thinking of something that I don't already know but here goes.
1. Why do you like Dramione? What about the ship appeals to you? (I think I already know the answer to this one but it I want to be sure)
2. Do you prefer the fanon stereotypes (eg. Sirius and Draco both being sort of womanizers, Scorpius being nice and Albus Severus being a Slytherin.)
3. What's your favourite viewpoint? First person or third person?

Yeah, that's about it, hope to see your answer soon!

Livi

tumblr_mnk3qmphiV1s1qhxuo1_500.png

Stories (12+-M)

#5 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi LWG!
I thought that I should visit your MTA page because I'm your best friend and other various reasons!
So, it's been hard thinking of something that I don't already know but here goes.
1. Why do you like Dramione? What about the ship appeals to you? (I think I already know the answer to this one but it I want to be sure)
2. Do you prefer the fanon stereotypes (eg. Sirius and Draco both being sort of womanizers, Scorpius being nice and Albus Severus being a Slytherin.)
3. What's your favourite viewpoint? First person or third person?

Yeah, that's about it, hope to see your answer soon!

hey livi! Thanks for dropping by!
My answers:

1) I love Dramione because...it's fun to write! Hard, but really interesting. In my mind Draco and Hermione would 'save each other' to use an awfully cringeworthy description. Hermione prevents him from turning evil and Draco prevents Hermione from being so worried about everything. I know that's probably not a very good explanantion but that's teh best I can do! There are lots more reasons! :)
2) Firstly it's actually canon for Draco to be a womanizer! But I quite like some of the fanon ideas and think they could have worked really well as canon. The only thing I dislike is when I mix up the too!
3) Definitely first person, although Memories of our Love is written from third. My new story is a first person though, and I prefer it!

Hope that answers ok! Lots of love,
LWG x

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#6 Cassius Alcinder

Cassius Alcinder

Awesome

• Prefect
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Kind of a random question, but I was wondering if you felt that Welsh characters are underrepresented in the HP series at all. The only one I can think of would be Gwenog Jones and she was pretty minor, and it seems like a bit of an oversight since the Scottish get Minerva and Oliver Wood and the Irish get Seamus. Do you wish JK had included more? Or are there any other canon characters that you picture as being Welsh?

#7 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Kind of a random question, but I was wondering if you felt that Welsh characters are underrepresented in the HP series at all. The only one I can think of would be Gwenog Jones and she was pretty minor, and it seems like a bit of an oversight since the Scottish get Minerva and Oliver Wood and the Irish get Seamus. Do you wish JK had included more? Or are there any other canon characters that you picture as being Welsh?

Hi there! yay! A question involving welsh people! Long live wales!

Anyway, if I'm correct, Oliver Wood and Rufus Scrimgeour both have welsh accents in the films!
Of course I understand why Welsh people wouldn't be particularly featured, as JKR lives in Scotland etc.

For some strange and highly traitorous reason, i don't really associate Harry Potter with Wales though...
Thanks for asking!
L x

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#8 MrsBowen x

MrsBowen x

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

hey LWG! It's MrsBowen x here and i had NO IDEA you had a MTA page!!!!!! Honestly you don't tell me anything!! *cheesy smile*

Anyway, my question to you is in your fanfic Marlene:

a) Where did you get the idea of tree lanagauge (spelt wrong), or talking trees in general?
b) Why Marlene and Regulas, i know you mentioned to me it was because it was original- but there were lots of other characters you could of used so what drew you to him?
c) Why to you have a kind of subtle romance going on with remus and Marlene, when she's madly in love with Regulas- or is she starting to see hes a complete loser and cheats constsntly and the remus romance isn't just a rebound??

Thats all of my questions used up!! (hahahahahaha) *joke!* But hope you like by contribution to your MTA page- after all it's nice to feel loved! <3 x :halloweensmilies7: :halloweensmilies11: :halloweensmilies9: :halloweensmilies13: :halloweensmilies13: :halloweensmilies10: :halloweensmilies8: I have absoulty no idea what the pumpkins that i cliked on say so if their a bot random- don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

#9 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

hey LWG! It's MrsBowen x here and i had NO IDEA you had a MTA page!!!!!! Honestly you don't tell me anything!! *cheesy smile*

Anyway, my question to you is in your fanfic Marlene:

a) Where did you get the idea of tree lanagauge (spelt wrong), or talking trees in general?
b) Why Marlene and Regulas, i know you mentioned to me it was because it was original- but there were lots of other characters you could of used so what drew you to him?
c) Why to you have a kind of subtle romance going on with remus and Marlene, when she's madly in love with Regulas- or is she starting to see hes a complete loser and cheats constsntly and the remus romance isn't just a rebound??

Thats all of my questions used up!! (hahahahahaha) *joke!* But hope you like by contribution to your MTA page- after all it's nice to feel loved! <3 x :halloweensmilies7: :halloweensmilies11: :halloweensmilies9: :halloweensmilies13: :halloweensmilies13: :halloweensmilies10: :halloweensmilies8: I have absoulty no idea what the pumpkins that i cliked on say so if their a bot random- don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Rofffffeeeeeeyyyyyyy my little chickpea :wub: Nice ter see ya! *that was my online Hagrid accent that failed...*

a) Where did you get the idea of tree lanagauge (spelt wrong), or talking trees in general? Erm...er...if I told you it wouldn't reflect well upon my sanity *cough*
b) Why Marlene and Regulas, i know you mentioned to me it was because it was original- but there were lots of other characters you could of used so what drew you to him? Well, I personally think Regulus is amazing. He strayed off the path but in the end he realised that he was wrong. He wasn't a coward by any stretch of the imagination, but he wasn't the kind of 'perfect hero' that Sirius is kind of portrayed as. He had real, human flaws. And that makes him all the more fascinating.
Read on to find out what happens!!! I promise great excitement *grins* :devil:

Thanks for making me feel loved!!! :wub: xxx

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#10 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

HELLO FORUM FRIEND! I'm spreading some christmas-love throught MTA questions, so prepare yourself! :xlaugh:

1.) Hows the next chapter of Marlene coming along? :)
2.) What do you take inspiration from when you write?
3.) Reading or writing?
4.) What are you looking forward to in the coming year?
5.) Whats the next thing you're going to write?

:xsnowman:

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D :D :D

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#11 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

HELLO FORUM FRIEND! I'm spreading some christmas-love throught MTA questions, so prepare yourself! :xlaugh:

1.) Hows the next chapter of Marlene coming along? :)
2.) What do you take inspiration from when you write?
3.) Reading or writing?
4.) What are you looking forward to in the coming year?
5.) Whats the next thing you're going to write?

:xsnowman:

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D :D :D

HELLO FORUM FRIEND BACK AT YOU!
That's such a nice thing to do with free time...maybe I should try being as selfless as you, Helen! :p

Oooh interesting questions to answer *rubs hands together*

1) It's in the queue! Hopefully it's as good as chapter 4, which you said was your favourite :wub:
2) Well...mostly my little brother. He comes out with the most wacky things. Takes after me. Other than that, I love the natural world and surprisingly, paintings. They really move and inspire me. My favourite artist is Degas, the ballerina sculptor and painter.
3) Writing. I love books, but then I find myself wishing it was me who had written the book I'm reading! (Thus ruining the experience).
4) Hmm...a lovely new laptop to write and stalk hpff on!
5) In the new year I'm going to start an OF novel that doesn't have a name yet and barely has a plot. It'll be so much fun :yahoo:

Have a lovely Christmas! *showers with christmas magic* :xpud: <--- Christmas emoticons!!
x

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#12 charlottetrips

charlottetrips

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hiya! I liked you "Not Just a Barmaid" start so decided to come by and ask you some questions!

1 Why Rosmerta? What caught your eye on writing a story about her?

2 What's your preferred genre to write? Why?

3 Is there a genre you wish you could write better?

call me char//hpff // tda // mta twelve plus + up

0Y97nam.png

#13 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hiya! I liked you "Not Just a Barmaid" start so decided to come by and ask you some questions!

1 Why Rosmerta? What caught your eye on writing a story about her?

2 What's your preferred genre to write? Why?

3 Is there a genre you wish you could write better?

Hi! Thanks for dropping by :) I'm SO happy that you enjoyed the story!

1. Firstly, Rosmerta is a very unexplored character. Seriously; I searched her name on the archive and there was only one abandoned novel about her. I'd been interested in minor characters for a while, and I'd been out to lunch that day with a few friends to a pub where the waitress was so unbelievably nice that I was actually shocked.
I kind of just...thought about Rosmerta!

2. To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm still searching around for what I feel comfiest with. I do like to write a bit of romance though, as long as it's mixed in with another plot too.

3. Hmm...probably horror. It intrigues/terrifies me and good horror stories are brilliant. Not the gory ones, but the really spine-tingling ones that make you think.

Thank you!

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

#14 Aphoride

Aphoride

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Annon! :D I saw your name on the Meet the Author thingy and decided to drop by... I have a few (irrelevant) questions for you...

1) What is your favourite pairing to write?
2) Regulus! I love him in Marlene. As in, I actually adore him. He's so mysterious and gorgeous and haunting and... yeah. 'Nuff said. Why Regulus? Why did you portray him like that?
3) Not Just A Barmaid has made me really, really curious - I'd quite like a second chapter soon *wink*. So, what gave you the idea to write about Rosmerta?
4) You seem to prefer writing about lesser known characters - why?
5) Favourite type of ice-cream?
6) The one character you think you could never write and why?
7) Dark chocolate or white?
8) Er... I'm running out of questions now... um... will Sirius ever make an appearance in Marlene?

Hm... that's all for now! I'll probably be back soon with more questions! :D
Laura xx

Posted Image

Set by toasty @TDA

Stories (12+ to M) | MTA(12+)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#15 LittleWelshGirl99

LittleWelshGirl99

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Annon! :D I saw your name on the Meet the Author thingy and decided to drop by... I have a few (irrelevant) questions for you...

1) What is your favourite pairing to write?
2) Regulus! I love him in Marlene. As in, I actually adore him. He's so mysterious and gorgeous and haunting and... yeah. 'Nuff said. Why Regulus? Why did you portray him like that?
3) Not Just A Barmaid has made me really, really curious - I'd quite like a second chapter soon *wink*. So, what gave you the idea to write about Rosmerta?
4) You seem to prefer writing about lesser known characters - why?
5) Favourite type of ice-cream?
6) The one character you think you could never write and why?
7) Dark chocolate or white?
8) Er... I'm running out of questions now... um... will Sirius ever make an appearance in Marlene?

Hm... that's all for now! I'll probably be back soon with more questions! :D
Laura xx

Hey Laura! Thanks for the questions! <3

1). Hmm...probably James/Lily, Harry/Ginny, Marlene/Remus or Draco/Hermione!
2). I don't know! I needed a good 'bad boy' and he was like that in my mind. Kind of led astray at first bu in the end he has a good heart. We will get to know him better in later chapters!
3). Sort of the same reason as above xD She's an unexplored character which leaves plenty of room for the imagination. I thought of a good plotline, and just started writing!
4). Simply because they give you more freedom to do whatever you want with (unless you were writing AU). You can create your own personalities for them and give them interesting, original stories. It's nice to have some well known characters involved to though.
5). Mint choc chip :p
6). I could never write Snape. He's too complex, and to be honets he's one thousand percent J K Rowling's. I couldn't presume to compare myself to her! :*
7). Dark!
8). Not romantically! *Evil plotting*

Thank you soooooo much! *Hugs and squishes*
Annon xxx

khaleesi.png

HPFF/12+  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users