New student

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hey guys :)

So feel free to ask me anything...

disneytastic siggy by &thenboom @ tda

Posted Image

dirty work (m) I and all that jazz (m) I shenanigans (m)

#2 Aspidistra

Aspidistra

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hey I was just looking through your stories (I'm just starting to read And all that jazz - which I meant to read a lot earlier but life got in the way) and I was shocked at how little love your MTA page has! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them. :blushing:

1. Out of all your stories, which one is the easiest to write? On the flip side of this, which is the hardest/more challenging?
2. What's one character you haven't written about yet, but would like to?
3. Who are your favourite authors in both HPFF and RL?
4. If you could have dinner with any character from any book, who would it be and what would you eat?
5. Do you plan your stories or do you just kinda go with it?

That's really all I could think of, but if I come up with any more I'll stop by again. Happy writing! :bye:

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the esctasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle. - Marilyn Monroe

Everybody has a secret world inside of them.All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. - Neil Gaiman

#3 Voldy Needs a Hug

Voldy Needs a Hug

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi! I was reading some of your fanfictions and thought I'd drop by with a few questions.

1. What is your favorite fanfiction that you have written and why?
2. What is your favorite ship?
3. Favorite era?
4. What chapter/fanfiction has been the hardest to write?
5. Will you be publishing any new chapters/fanfictions soon?

Posted Image

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

#4 ShieldSnitch3

ShieldSnitch3

New student

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Oh my goodness, I have questions! :yahoo:

Hey I was just looking through your stories (I'm just starting to read And all that jazz - which I meant to read a lot earlier but life got in the way) and I was shocked at how little love your MTA page has! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them. :blushing:

Of course I don't mind! I'm so excited that I finally have questions! Yaay :D

1. Out of all your stories, which one is the easiest to write? On the flip side of this, which is the hardest/more challenging?

Hmmm... I think that And All That Jazz is probably the easiest for me to write at this point in time. I've been writing that one for the longest and I have a very clear idea of each of the characters and their personalities and how they react to different things, so that makes it very easy to write. It's very character driven now, so since I know each of them well, it's pretty easy for me to type out a new chapter. On the flip side, I think Dirty Work is the hardest for me to write. I'm not really sure why that is, because when I started writing it I was really excited and had some good ideas for it. Now I just seem to have writer's block, which is very frustrating because I've been keeping my readers hanging for so long. I think it's also the hardest because its the only one of my stories that isn't Next Gen, so I feel like I have to tread very carefully to keep it in line with the books.

2. What's one character you haven't written about yet, but would like to?

I think I'd really like to write about Teddy and Victoire at some point, and also Molly, Lucy, or Hugo. I've recently discovered that I enjoy using the lesser-used characters because I feel like I have so much more freedom with them. So I think at some point I'd like to explore some of the Next Gens that you hardly ever see.

3. Who are your favourite authors in both HPFF and RL?

There are so many great authors on HPFF! I really love justonemorefic, peppersweet, shenanigan, deceptive_serenade, Mistress, PygmyPuffLover, and StepUpx_Gryffindor. There are probably more than I can't think of right now, but those are who I can think of off the top of my head. In RL, I enjoy a very strange list of authors, haha. My absolute favorite is George Orwell, but I also like Aldous Huxley, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ayn Rand, Victor Hugo, and Kurt Vonnegut. And of course J.K. Rowling ;)

4. If you could have dinner with any character from any book, who would it be and what would you eat?

I would personally LOVE to meet Jean Valjean from Les Miserables if I could. Les Mis is one of my top three stories/novels of all time, and Valjean is such an amazingly complex and developed character. I just think he would be absolutely fascinating to talk to and listen about his personal journey and everything. Such a great character. And we would also obviously have a loaf of bread for dinner, haha. But also steak because that's my favorite food, although I have recently discovered a love of stir fry...

5. Do you plan your stories or do you just kinda go with it?

I try to plan my stories, but it just never seems to work out that way. I had an outline for Jazz before I started writing it, but that all got thrown at the window fairly quickly. I've been trying to make my plots more organized and have a central story line running through all my stories, but then I let the story go where it wants to go so long as it follows the plot I've set up. So I'd say in general that I just go with the flow and let the story write itself, which probably is not the best idea in the world. But hey, you get some good plot twists out of it!

That's really all I could think of, but if I come up with any more I'll stop by again. Happy writing! :bye:

Thank you for the questions! Feel free to stop by at any time!

Hi! I was reading some of your fanfictions and thought I'd drop by with a few questions.

1. What is your favorite fanfiction that you have written and why?

Hi! I don't know that I really have one set in stone favorite; it tends to change depending on what type of mood I'm in. If I'm feeling giddy/fluffy/ridiculous, it'll probably be (shenanigans), but if I'm feeling more serious then I tend to like Jazz more. It really just depends, because I think each of my stories has a very distinctive "mood" to it. And seeing as my mood changes a lot, so does my favorite story!

2. What is your favorite ship?

James/Lily. Forever. Perfect. OTP. Haha, but I also like any James II/OCs, Al/OCs, and (surprisingly, because this isn't a common one), Lucy/Scorpius. Oh, and Teddy/Victoire. I mean, I'll pretty much read anything as long as it's fairly close to canon. So yeah. I gave you more than one ship, but whatever. They're what I like :)

3. Favorite era?

Definitely Next Gen, in case you couldn't tell from my stories ;) I like Next Gen a lot because there's so much room to explore and be creative and make up your own ideas without fear of messing up J.K.'s original story. You also get that to an extent in Marauders, so I kind of like that era to, but at the same time you have to be pretty careful when you're working with that period. As with ships, I generally like it as long as it doesn't mess with canon. But my favorite is definitely Next Gen.

4. What chapter/fanfiction has been the hardest to write?

As I said above, Dirty Work has been the hardest story to write. The hardest chapter for me to write, though, was Chapter 18 of And All That Jazz. I was going through a really rough and emotional time while I was writing that, and I feel like I put a bit too much of myself into that chapter. That made it really hard to write, because I was having to deal with my own stuff while I was writing out their stuff. It's kind of hard to describe, but it was just really difficult for me emotionally. But at the same time, it was really a good thing because it was kind of like therapy, haha.

5. Will you be publishing any new chapters/fanfictions soon?

Sadly, I have no plans for new chapters or stories anytime soon. I'm super, super, busy right now, and just completely stressed and exhausted dealing with school work and everything. What little free time I have has been spent vegetating with my friends and blowing off steam. I really do want to write, and I've had so many ideas for chapters and stuff bouncing around in my head, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and bang out any new material. I need to catch up on all of the work I'm behind on for school before I can write, otherwise I feel super guilty about it. I'm like two weeks behind on reading for class so I already feel bad about answering these questions :O

:thanks: and feel free to drop by any time!

Posted Image

#5 dreamer21

dreamer21

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hii there,

I want to know who or what inspired you to write Thunder?

Also, whose Louis based on?

That character reminds me of this imaginary person I always had in my head. :shy:

Why make him so perfect?

My author page Here (M)

#6 ShieldSnitch3

ShieldSnitch3

New student

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Heyyyy. Sorry for the late response, but I just saw this. I thought I was supposed to get an email or something but I guess not :/

I want to know who or what inspired you to write Thunder?

My high school graduation present was a road trip up along the U.S. coast and up into Canada for about two weeks. We stopped in this little diner on the way - very kitschy, very American, very retro - and it just sort of stuck with me. And then... I don't really know. There was a lot of driving, so I had a lot of time to think about it and the idea just formed in my head. I know that's not a very precise answer, but yeah. That's how I came up with it.

Also, whose Louis based on?

To be honest, no one in particular. He just sort of... came to me. Again, I know this is not a good answer, but it's truthful. I've always thought he would be an interesting figure to write about given his background, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to pick him.

That character reminds me of this imaginary person I always had in my head.  :shy:

Haha, you have a good imagination, then, seeing as he's just coming from mine :)

Why make him so perfect?

Well, quite simply, he isn't perfect. Very far from it, in fact. I have a really clear image of him in my head - the way he thinks, flaws, likes, dislikes - and I try to sprinkle them into each chapter. However, we're seeing him from Ava's point of view and not my point of view, so keep in mind that she doesn't quite know everything about him. She knows next to nothing about him, actually. So yeah. He's not perfect, which you'll be seeing as the story goes on. 

Edited by accioHPFF, 09 June 2013 - 12:47 PM.
removed personal info

Posted Image

#7 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello!  I've been really enjoying reading Thunder and I have some questions for you:

1. What gave you the idea that Louis might struggle with being part Veela?  

2. How long do you think Thunder will be, if you don't mind me asking?

3. Out of all the characters you've written about, who is your favourite?  Who do you like the least?

4. Where is your favourite place to write?

5. If you played Quidditch, what position do you think you'd play?

6. What qualities make you a Ravenclaw?

I look forward to reading your answers! :)

QiLjOhD_zpsc5f38e9a.gif?t=1403108694

Gryffindor House Cup 2014 set by Elenia!

:Gryffindor: Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts! :Gryffindor:

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#8 ShieldSnitch3

ShieldSnitch3

New student

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

1. What gave you the idea that Louis might struggle with being part Veela?  

I don't think there was any one thing that gave me the idea for it. It was more like I was just daydreaming/zoning out while thinking about characters and stuff and it sort of popped into my head. I knew from the beginning that he was going to be a very reserved person, and from there I asked myself why he might be that way. It all sort of naturally progressed in terms of where I wanted his character to be. I also think that it's a super-big/important part of his life because it's part of who he is, so obviously it's going to have some sort of impact on him, be it positive or negative. And then just thinking from a guy's prospective, being part-Veela can't be the most ideal thing in the world. Plus I like taking things and twisting them into unique interpretations :3

2. How long do you think Thunder will be, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind! It's going to be twelve chapters long; I decided the length before I even started writing. Except I didn't think I would love writing this story so much or that it would be sort of popular and I really don't want it to end now :( So I'm thinking I might possibly write a companion novel to it? IDK, would people read that? I mean I guess it doesn't matter because I'm writing it for me, but yeah. I'm not ready to let go of this story yet.

3. Out of all the characters you've written about, who is your favourite?  Who do you like the least?

I don't like choosing favorites :/ But if I have to pick, I really like Louis a lot because I think he's a super-interesting character with lots of potential and unique things about him. I also like writing about James II because I just always picture him as this sort of excited puppy and he's so cute and adorable and aww. As far as my least favorite goes... I guess maybe Fred II? I feel like I just don't know enough about him to write a good character, so I guess that's why he's my least favorite. 

4. Where is your favourite place to write?

Somewhere I can be alone. I just like lots of space and quiet when I write/study, so basically anywhere that I'm by myself. Preferably my room, but if my roommate's there then it gets harder for me to write for some reason. I very much need to be inside my own head to sit down and type out a decent chapter.

5. If you played Quidditch, what position do you think you'd play?

I would never play Quidditch because I'm basically the klutziest person alive and literally cannot walk without tripping over something. Seriously, I trip about three times a day (not joking). I also hate exercise of any kind, so I can't really picture myself playing Quidditch in any alternate universe. I do enjoy watching sports, though, and I'm basically the hardcore fan who knows every tiny little detail about everything, so I'd imagine I'd be that way with Quidditch. 

6. What qualities make you a Ravenclaw?

For one, I'm a Ravenclaw on Pottermore :3 I highly value creativity, intelligence, knowledge, and wit, which are basically key traits of Ravenclaws. I'm a perfectionist, I strive to be the best at everything I attempt, and I always want to become an expert on everything I'm involved in. I also tend to make decisions based on my head rather than my heart (which isn't always the "wisest" thing, but that's how I am). And finally I guess that although I value intelligence in itself, I value it more for the way it contributes to knowledge. I want knowledge merely for the sake of knowledge, and that's just how I am. I love learning and reading and finding out new things and knowing random factoids and yeah, that's me :3

Thanks for the questions! Come back any time!

Edited by ShieldSnitch3, 02 September 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#9 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hi there :)

I don't have much right now, but I was quite excited to find your MTA.

I've been following (shenanigans) for a while now, and I'm upset that it isn't back on :(

It's not like I'm stalking your page... promise 

Anyway, what inspired you to write the story?

If you met Albus Potter from (shenanigans) in real life, how would you react?

Would you fall for him?

That's all for now :p I'll be back. I promise!

:Gryffindor:

QiLjOhD.gif

Bravery in our blood. Determination in our hearts!
Worship this awesome-ness by Elenia! :worshippy:

I've written some stories (12+) Questions awayy! (12+)

#10 ShieldSnitch3

ShieldSnitch3

New student

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hai :3

I've been following (shenanigans) for a while now, and I'm upset that it isn't back on  :(

It's not like I'm stalking your page... promise 

*guiltily looks around* Right, about that... It's coming back, I promise. The editing process is going very slowly, mostly because I'd rather write something new/update my other WIPs than sit there and redo something I've already written. But it'll be up eventually! I promise! Just continue to stalk and you'll see it sooner or later.

Anyway, what inspired you to write the story?

The first bit of inspiration for me was the film John Tucker Must Die. I got the basic plot structure from the movie - that is, the idea of three bitter girls trying to get revenge on the player. But that's all I took from the movie - everything else, including the character interactions and well, the whole rest of the story, is completely different. Beyond the same very basic framework, the stories are completely different. So I suppose the inspiration was mainly my own head and a little bit of John Tucker Must Die on the side.

(Disclaimer: John Tucker Must Die is property of Landscape Productions, Dune Entertainment, Major Studio Partners, John US Productions, and 20th Century Fox.)

If you met Albus Potter from (shenanigans) in real life, how would you react?

First I would probably have a mental breakdown and commit myself to an insane asylum because I thought a fictional character had come to life. After I got over that little shock, I would probably just ignore him, make snarky comments, and roll my eyes because that's basically what I do all the time anyway, but especially so with annoying and obnoxious people. But mostly I don't think I would even associate with him? I don't tend to hang around with people like that.

Would you fall for him?

Hahahahaha NO. At least not the way he currently stands. Been there, done that. If in the future he becomes a decent human being, then maybe.

Thanks for the questions! You can definitely come back any time you want :)

Edited by ShieldSnitch3, 02 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shieldsnitch3, shield, snitch, meet, the, author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users