10 replies to this topic

#1 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hi, I'm Zayne!

It seems like I've been on this site for ages. I originally signed up in 2005, but wasn't very active and left early 2008 (or was it 2007?). In 2011, I came back and I've been steadily writing since. I'm a horrible updated however, sorry! I'm slow and I get distracted far too easily. I have three WIP's and various one-shots up. I have yet to finish a WIP on this site, but I hope one day I'll successfully check that off my bucket list. 

You can find my authors page below and if you feel inclined, ask me your questions and I promise I'll probably have long winded ramblings on anything you'd like to know ;)

Authors Page (12+ - M)

My Signature

sig by TheVividImagination and icon by so much @ TDATBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

tumblr_inline_n3gxotAeN81qmr2zz_zps5e218

Let me tell you a story (12+-M)

#2 TheVividImagination

TheVividImagination

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Oh my gosh, I read your work and it is pure intelligence!

1. Where do you get all these inspirations from?

2. If I am correct there are two "Guiding Lights" is the new one a re-write or something else?

3. How do you see Hermione/Fred or George? Not judging or anything, lol, clearly curious. What give you the possibilities of that ship?
My Signature

tumblr_inline_n8k2wzKlGn1qmr2zz.gif

(gorg set by emmaweasley)

~ TBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT ~

Hufflepuff for House Cup 2014

#3 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

Oh my gosh, I read your work and it is pure intelligence!

1. Where do you get all these inspirations from?

2. If I am correct there are two "Guiding Lights" is the new one a re-write or something else?

3. How do you see Hermione/Fred or George? Not judging or anything, lol, clearly curious. What give you the possibilities of that ship?

:blushing: Thank you! That's so sweet to say!
1. Hmmm, well i guess i get some of them from school work, i know, this sounds so uninspiring, but it's true. I'm a Psyc. student so i run into a lot of topics that interest me and i take a lot of inspiration from. I'm currently writing one about George Weasley and it deals with single parenting and the effects of prejudice. It's a lot of things i've read about or heard about in class. I translate that into my writing sometimes. I work a lot from concepts and i rarely ever think of characters i want to write about but rather ideas that characters could fit into. Guiding Light for instance stemmed from the idea of memory and what would a person be like if they lost it all. Would they be the same? Would they love the same people? etc. Of course, a lot of other ideas have sprouted from that but the initial thing that got me writing it was that idea and being about to construct the plot. With that said there are others, like Perfect Spiral came from starring at a blank screen and then in frustration writing down a random sentence. It became my first Stream of Conscious one-shot and it's one of the favourite things i've written. I don't think you can necessarily pen down where inspiration comes from all the time, sometimes it just comes.

2. Yes there are two Guiding Lights, i know it's confusing but i'm actually changing the title of the second one before the next update. Although, the second is a rewrite of the first idea because i liked the general idea behind it but i didn't like the writing at all.

3. This is tough and i don't really want to talk about this one as it pertains to my story it would give too much away. So i will speak in abstract why i like the ship. I used to LOVE them but not as much anymore. I don't see them necessarily as opposites because they do have core values that are the exact same. Both are passionate, loyal, logical, brave, clever too boot, they fight for the same thing, they stick up for their family and friends. If you think how couples generally get together, my ex and i were more opposite in our personalities, he was more extraverted and i slightly introverted, it doesn't mean he always talked and i was quiet. hardly, i'm fun loving and animated but it takes an extravert to bring that out to it's fullest. Many couples are like that, stick two extraverts together and it tends to be chaos. They both try and talk and talk and it's hard to find balance between them. It's not impossible by any means but couples tend to be different in their personality to some extent. The best thing is that they would never be bored of each other, they would bicker but i don't think it would be anything too serious and would probably just turn out to be passionate and wonderful ;) .

She didn't completely disapprove of their pranks, just when they tested it on students or harmed anyone else in their efforts.Hermione is spunky though, she is fiery and i think that would intrigue the twins. She does have a sense of humour and anyone who says otherwise is off their kilt I also tend to think that they could balance each other out. You know how people are different when they are with different people sometimes? How their really bubbly and loud friend makes them more bubbly and loud but their quiet and introspective friend makes them a bit quieter and introspective. We reflect what we get. I think this concept works for them; i think that George would reflect a bit of Hermione and Hermione a bit of George. They aren't necessarily changing the other person, just reflecting a different side of themselves. I think they could teach each other a lot about life too. Hermione has a huge soul and heart and i keep imagining like a post-war George, who obviously HAS changed, you can't lose someone who been such a huge part of your life without losing part of yourself as well, and i imagine Hermione just reaching out to him, just as friends at first but slowly it blossoms into something else. It doesn't have to be long lasting or forever. But it would give them a chance to realize a different side of each other.

Wow, these are really long answers, probably more than you wanted too! I tend to be long winded too... hehehe.

Thanks for asking me a question *hugs* :wub:

Edited by SilentConfession, 29 August 2011 - 12:44 AM.

My Signature

#4 TheVividImagination

TheVividImagination

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Kill me. Literally. I wanted to reply to this sooner but forgot. But I want to thank you for writing the long answers when you could continue writing an amazing fic! ;)

Welcome! *hug*
My Signature

#5 Beeezie

Beeezie

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have finished your review, and now I am here with a few MTA questions!

1. Why did you decide to write, "All That Glitters" in the sequence that you have so far? How do you intend to hand time jumps from this point on?

2. Do you have any idea of what happens to Eleanor after she joins the death eaters?

3. I don't believe you've ever said (and if you have, I'm sorry :shy:) - what house was Eleanor in at Hogwarts?

It's a lovely story, and I always enjoy reading it!
My Signature

• Branwen •

Stories [12+] | TDA [15+] | MTA [12+]

#6 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Oh, i had not realized these were here :D Although i think a lot of i've answered for you in our PM's i'll answer them here too for everyone's benefit. :D

I have finished your review, and now I am here with a few MTA questions!

1. Why did you decide to write, "All That Glitters" in the sequence that you have so far? How do you intend to hand time jumps from this point on?

I decided to write it this way because i really just wanted to explore the moments that make us who we are. When you are faced with a life changing event what is it that a person remembers? Doing it this way seemed the best way to explore that, and it gives me the freedom to choose the moments i want to display that rather than having to write about the dull moments that happen in everyday life. That really has no place here.

As you've said, it'd be like doing a snapshot of her getting milk out of a refrigerator, there is no meanining in that. The chapter i'm working on now is her leaving the magical world, which is something i think she'd reflect on and even wonder if it was a good idea to run. Doing it this way let me jump from that to the moment where the Death Eaters showed up at her flat without having to worry about everything in between because when you reflect on your life, you won't remember every detail.

To answer the next question - I'm going to continue going backwards till some point in Hogwarts. It'll be in a backward linear sequence. (that makes no sense as i type that, i'm just not finding the right words to describe it). So, say from where it starts Oct 1979 to Sept 1979 to March 1979 then to, perhaps December 1978. That sort of thing.

2. Do you have any idea of what happens to Eleanor after she joins the death eaters?

Yes, i know exactly what happens to her. It's a bit angsty and drama filled but i'm thinking this will be a sequel. Or a continuation of the story i'm writing now. We'll see how it feels when i get to that point. If it's a sequel it would be a mixture between her story and Sirius's. Although, they wouldn't be necessarily connected, just the lives of two people through the war. I don't know if that makes sense either but i hope it will if it gets to that point.

3. I don't believe you've ever said (and if you have, I'm sorry :shy:) - what house was Eleanor in at Hogwarts?

She's a Hufflepuff actually, i think i sort of mentioned it in the first chapter. Although i don't think i was very exlplicit about it was probably ambiguous and all. I was talking about the Huffflepuffs and it was in her thoughts of Sirius when he was telling the Puff's about the wands and i think i said something like "us hufflepuffs" or something of the sort ... but now that i think of this, i may have edited that bit out at some point. I'll have to check that out. Either way, she is a Hufflepuff.

It's a lovely story, and I always enjoy reading it!

Thank you! :hug:
My Signature

#7 TheVividImagination

TheVividImagination

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hi Zayne!

1. Perfect Spiral was a unique piece of work. How did the initial idea develop?

2. On a scale from 1-20, how hard was it to write Eleanor and Sirius?

3. If say, instead of the backwards motion way the story 'All That Glitters' is moving, it moved in a normal way any regular story would; would it make a difference in the writing? (obviously it will but generally saying, do you think the emotions would come off different and most would be from a different perspective?)

4. Do you like to experiment with your writing styles?

5. If you could make any changes to any of your stories, whether large or small, would you and what would you change?

:)

Edited by TheVividImagination, 17 July 2013 - 11:50 PM.

My Signature

#8 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hi Zayne!

1. Perfect Spiral was a unique piece of work. How did the initial idea develop?

2. On a scale from 1-20, how hard was it to write Eleanor and Sirius?

3. If say, instead of the backwards motion way the story 'All That Glitters' is moving, it moved in a normal way any regular story would; would it make a difference in the writing? (obviously it will but generally saying, do you think the emotions would come off different and most would be from a different perspective?)

4. Do you like to experiment with your writing styles?

5. If you could make any changes to any of your stories, whether large or small, would you and what would you change?

:)

Hey Tawi :)

I looked around the room. It was dark and empty except for the crumpled paper in the corner. - Perfect Spiral

I started off with a blank page and a need to write. I had no idea what i wanted to write so I started writing a couple sentences ^^ those two sentences actually. It all spiraled from there to be honest. I think a couple paragraphs in I found the plot and things just sort of happened. It's one of those weird pieces that didn't take time and it was written mostly as a stream of consciousness format. 

2. Hmmm 1 a being easy and 20 being hard I'd say it was (and is) about a 7. It's not too massively hard. Their relationship is so undefined that it's easier to do whatever I want with them without having to worry about it too much. Occasionally I ask myself if there is balance with them but usually I just write what feels right. Occasionally I have trouble with Sirius and his individual personality as there is a very specific aura to him that I sometimes find hard to capture. But putting them together has been strangely easy. They work well together as friends (in my opinion anyway) and although they are sort of more than that but sort of not there are certain allowances I have with creating the two of them and having them come together. 

3. I've actually recently changed the format of ATG. It has the same beginning but from that first chapter it goes all the way back to the beginning and has a more linear way of moving rather than what I had before which was going backwards completely. So i can answer this answer fairly easily because i've experienced it first hand. It feels like a different story. Completely different sometimes. I've added a bigger cast of characters, you see Eleanor in quiet a few new and different lights. She feels more dramatic and full as a person. Also, there is less inferring with this style where the readers don't guess what happened in between the jumps but rather see everything that i might have tried to infer before. Emotionally I think it's a bit different as well because it's not just the moments of impact, the readers gets to see each moment and grow with Eleanor. However it still has that bittersweet taste to it because you know where it will end. So if I was to take that out as well and it was purely from beginning to end it would change it completely again because suddenly there is hope again. Hope that Eleanor stays good, hope that she'll pull through and that there will be a happy ending.  

4. Yah, generally I think I like to experiment a little. Not a lot because I find that style has less to do with writing and that really all I want to try and do is find the right words to explore a story with. Sometimes that makes the story weird and odd, sometimes it gives twists to things and that i may try something differently. The most important thing for me to do though is to tell a characters story. Things move from there. 

5. At this point i don't want to make any changes to my works. Whenever I get in that mood I usually go and do a massive edit and change it like I did with All That Glitters. At the moment i'm somewhat happy with things. Unless wanting to get the guts to delete a story that i'm going to write anymore counts as a change. :)

Thanks for the questions Tawi :hug:

Edited by SilentConfession, 18 July 2013 - 01:54 PM.

My Signature

#9 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi Zayne! I'm here with some questions and (I hope) some motivation, BUT you can't answer them until you've written 2000words :p (tough love parenting approach!)

1. How did you first come across fanfiction? Did you start writing it straight away?

2. What are your favourite canon and non-canon pairings? Why?

3. Do you have a favourite story on the archives that you always go back to?

4. Which is your favourite book in the HP series?

5. Who is your favourite character in the series?

6. If you had to have dinner with five characters from the series who would you choose and why?

7. You're able to do magic for a whole day, what do you do?

Hope these give you some motivation to write and warm your fingers up for more writing :)

My Signature

311rw9k.png

Banner  and profile image by Slytherinchica08, who is amazing.

#10 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hi Zayne!  I have some questions for you too!

1. What gave you the inspiration for The Orchard?

2. What gave you the idea to write from Mary's POV?  She's such an unusual main character!

3. What do you like/dislike about writing from Mary's POV?

4. Is there an era/pairing/genre that you want to write but haven't yet?

5. Is there one you'd never write?

6. If you could pick a mascot for your Quidditch team, what would it be and why?

Good luck with NaNo! :)

My Signature

spyh5u.png a9vh3o.png 2agtbfp.png

Christmassy icons by shalowater@lj

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#11 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hi Zayne! I'm here with some questions and (I hope) some motivation, BUT you can't answer them until you've written 2000words :p (tough love parenting approach!)

1. How did you first come across fanfiction? Did you start writing it straight away?

2. What are your favourite canon and non-canon pairings? Why?

3. Do you have a favourite story on the archives that you always go back to?

4. Which is your favourite book in the HP series?

5. Who is your favourite character in the series?

6. If you had to have dinner with five characters from the series who would you choose and why?

7. You're able to do magic for a whole day, what do you do?

Hope these give you some motivation to write and warm your fingers up for more writing :)

I got to 2000 words!! Finally! 

1. I came across it when a friend showed it to me. She brought me to a site (not this one), where i looked around for a bit and then forgot about it. A few months later I think I was looking at it again and for some reason I just started writing on it without much thought. I think it was because my hp obsession hit about then and reading it wasn't giving all the satisfaction. 

2. Favourite canon: ... James/Lily? I love marauder era stories in general and no matter how many people think it's tired and worn I will love the era forever. Lily/James exemplifies that era for me, ship wise. Saying that, i'm really picky with the Lily/James I read because there's quite a few of them that are written and i just don't like them. There's a fine balance of their romance having to do with war and angst and finding hope etc. It's a difficult pairing to get perfectly right. Anyway, non canon: Seamus/Susan. They are the cutest things ever and i have a story of them in my head that i'd eventually like to write. (no, i have never read about them yet). 

3. Hmmm... I've read Not Fade Away by Noblvyne a few times. That story actually got me to come back to this site in 2011 when on a Christmas break i went on the site and reread a story in my favourite lists. I realized I missed ff quite a lot and slowly found my way back to hpff. 

4. Prisoner of Azkaban!! Always and forever that one. I've read it so often and it always gives me shivers. I just LOVE the scene at the end in the Shrieking Shack. It's so intense and gets me every time. I also love reading it and knowing how good Sirius was and how the book made him out to be such a bad guy at first. 

5. Can I say three favourites as i've never been able to choose between the three. Argus Filch, Susan Bones, and Sirius Black. 

6. OOooo, this one is easy. Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Sirius Black, (because those three would make it fun and amusing (in Sirius' case, it would be amusing, but there would also be an element of darkness with him which would be an interesting mix), Susan Bones (because she's one of my favourite characters and I think it would be great to have her around), and  Remus Lupin (because he's wise and thoughtful and be a good balance for Sirius and Fred and George, but still be fun to have around). It would be a very weird dinner but it'd be fun I hope. 

7. pass out from shock? Just kidding. Man, i'd ride on a broomstick for a while, skip classes probably and make my car hover in mid air. Find George Weasley and do pranks with him, get a time turner so that i could go back and do the day again and again whenever I felt the need to do magic ;) , then i'd probably go do something a little more serious, try and help people in some way I think. I couldn't use it just on for my own kicks and giggles. 

Hi Zayne!  I have some questions for you too!

1. What gave you the inspiration for The Orchard?

2. What gave you the idea to write from Mary's POV?  She's such an unusual main character!

3. What do you like/dislike about writing from Mary's POV?

4. Is there an era/pairing/genre that you want to write but haven't yet?

5. Is there one you'd never write?

6. If you could pick a mascot for your Quidditch team, what would it be and why?

Good luck with NaNo! :)

1. I remember thinking about how a group of friends would be affected by the war. Would they be torn apart, would they grow closer? It grew from those thoughts into what it is today. 

2. I wanted to write from a canon perspective and Mary fit the description. I didn't want another story on Lily and James (although i love them), i wanted to explore a minor character and their relation to the war and we know so little about Mary (other than something happened with her and Mulcibur). So, as i was thinking of characters to write about a few weird quotes popped into my head that were being said by Mary and I realized that she had to be the main character (The quote I remember most fondly was 'if i were a watermelon would you still love me? - MM. So weird, i know and something Mary probably wouldn't say considering how her character has turned out, but that made me think how badly i just wanted to write a Mary story).

3. I like her perceptiveness and how she picks up on things. Sometimes she picks up on things that she doesn't really realize. Also, how she doesn't give herself enough credit with most things. It's interesting to write a character who's as introverted and scared as she is. There isn't a lot, at this point, that I dislike writing about her, sometimes it's hard to find the balance of her introversion and yet, not letting that take over completely where she's a stale, boring character. So, it's not like I dislike that, it just makes me think as I write. 

4. Susan/Seamus during the last year of Hogwarts and onwards. It's something that has been dancing in the back of my mind for a really long time now and i really want to dive into it. 

5. Fluff (not exclusively anyway) and Founders and Draco/HermioneorGinny. I want to write a Founder era but I don't think I could ever get the tone of the story correct. At least, not where I am now with writing. 

6. An elephant. Because Elephants never seem to be mascots and they are the bee's knees. 

Thanks for the questions guys!!! 

Edited by SilentConfession, 18 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

My Signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users