Hi Zayne! I'm here with some questions and (I hope) some motivation, BUT you can't answer them until you've written 2000words (tough love parenting approach!)
1. How did you first come across fanfiction? Did you start writing it straight away?
2. What are your favourite canon and non-canon pairings? Why?
3. Do you have a favourite story on the archives that you always go back to?
4. Which is your favourite book in the HP series?
5. Who is your favourite character in the series?
6. If you had to have dinner with five characters from the series who would you choose and why?
7. You're able to do magic for a whole day, what do you do?
Hope these give you some motivation to write and warm your fingers up for more writing
I got to 2000 words!! Finally!
1. I came across it when a friend showed it to me. She brought me to a site (not this one), where i looked around for a bit and then forgot about it. A few months later I think I was looking at it again and for some reason I just started writing on it without much thought. I think it was because my hp obsession hit about then and reading it wasn't giving all the satisfaction.
2. Favourite canon: ... James/Lily? I love marauder era stories in general and no matter how many people think it's tired and worn I will love the era forever. Lily/James exemplifies that era for me, ship wise. Saying that, i'm really picky with the Lily/James I read because there's quite a few of them that are written and i just don't like them. There's a fine balance of their romance having to do with war and angst and finding hope etc. It's a difficult pairing to get perfectly right. Anyway, non canon: Seamus/Susan. They are the cutest things ever and i have a story of them in my head that i'd eventually like to write. (no, i have never read about them yet).
3. Hmmm... I've read Not Fade Away by Noblvyne a few times. That story actually got me to come back to this site in 2011 when on a Christmas break i went on the site and reread a story in my favourite lists. I realized I missed ff quite a lot and slowly found my way back to hpff.
4. Prisoner of Azkaban!! Always and forever that one. I've read it so often and it always gives me shivers. I just LOVE the scene at the end in the Shrieking Shack. It's so intense and gets me every time. I also love reading it and knowing how good Sirius was and how the book made him out to be such a bad guy at first.
5. Can I say three favourites as i've never been able to choose between the three. Argus Filch, Susan Bones, and Sirius Black.
6. OOooo, this one is easy. Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Sirius Black, (because those three would make it fun and amusing (in Sirius' case, it would be amusing, but there would also be an element of darkness with him which would be an interesting mix), Susan Bones (because she's one of my favourite characters and I think it would be great to have her around), and Remus Lupin (because he's wise and thoughtful and be a good balance for Sirius and Fred and George, but still be fun to have around). It would be a very weird dinner but it'd be fun I hope.
7. pass out from shock? Just kidding. Man, i'd ride on a broomstick for a while, skip classes probably and make my car hover in mid air. Find George Weasley and do pranks with him, get a time turner so that i could go back and do the day again and again whenever I felt the need to do magic , then i'd probably go do something a little more serious, try and help people in some way I think. I couldn't use it just on for my own kicks and giggles.
Hi Zayne! I have some questions for you too!
1. What gave you the inspiration for The Orchard?
2. What gave you the idea to write from Mary's POV? She's such an unusual main character!
3. What do you like/dislike about writing from Mary's POV?
4. Is there an era/pairing/genre that you want to write but haven't yet?
5. Is there one you'd never write?
6. If you could pick a mascot for your Quidditch team, what would it be and why?
Good luck with NaNo!
1. I remember thinking about how a group of friends would be affected by the war. Would they be torn apart, would they grow closer? It grew from those thoughts into what it is today.
2. I wanted to write from a canon perspective and Mary fit the description. I didn't want another story on Lily and James (although i love them), i wanted to explore a minor character and their relation to the war and we know so little about Mary (other than something happened with her and Mulcibur). So, as i was thinking of characters to write about a few weird quotes popped into my head that were being said by Mary and I realized that she had to be the main character (The quote I remember most fondly was 'if i were a watermelon would you still love me? - MM. So weird, i know and something Mary probably wouldn't say considering how her character has turned out, but that made me think how badly i just wanted to write a Mary story).
3. I like her perceptiveness and how she picks up on things. Sometimes she picks up on things that she doesn't really realize. Also, how she doesn't give herself enough credit with most things. It's interesting to write a character who's as introverted and scared as she is. There isn't a lot, at this point, that I dislike writing about her, sometimes it's hard to find the balance of her introversion and yet, not letting that take over completely where she's a stale, boring character. So, it's not like I dislike that, it just makes me think as I write.
4. Susan/Seamus during the last year of Hogwarts and onwards. It's something that has been dancing in the back of my mind for a really long time now and i really want to dive into it.
5. Fluff (not exclusively anyway) and Founders and Draco/HermioneorGinny. I want to write a Founder era but I don't think I could ever get the tone of the story correct. At least, not where I am now with writing.
6. An elephant. Because Elephants never seem to be mascots and they are the bee's knees.
Thanks for the questions guys!!!
Edited by SilentConfession, 18 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.