#1 forsakenphoenix

forsakenphoenix

Caretaker of Magical Creatures

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:55 AM

Hey there!

I think I had a MTA back in the day but I'm sure it's long been deleted. I've been on this site since 2003 so yeah, I'm an oldie. I have quite a few stories posted, all based on one or all of the Marauders. I write mostly slash (Remus/Sirius is my OTP) or gen fics and all of my stories are either short stories (2-4 chapters) or one-shots. I have two abandoned L/J stories and one WIP Sirius fic that I may come back to so I don't want to mark it as abandoned quite yet. I am the worst novel writer ever. I recently came back from a three-year hiatus so maybe in the future I'll start branching out some more.

So...yeah, this is my MTA page. Feel free to ask me any questions! I'm always up for a good discussion. :)

Posted Image

missy | hpff [12+ to M]

fab sig by violet gryfindor

#2 faerieall

faerieall

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

Hi there! I'm a huge fan of your work (as you already know :p) so here's a few questions:

1. Why is Sirius/Remus your OTP? What about the ship speaks to you, if you will?
2. What is your favorite out of everything you've written on the archives?
3. What are you current favorite stories on the site?
4. Do you have any rituals when you write?

#3 forsakenphoenix

forsakenphoenix

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi there! I'm a huge fan of your work (as you already know :p) so here's a few questions:

1. Why is Sirius/Remus your OTP? What about the ship speaks to you, if you will?
2. What is your favorite out of everything you've written on the archives?
3. What are you current favorite stories on the site?
4. Do you have any rituals when you write?

Hi, thanks for the questions! :)

1. I was a young and impressionable teen when Noblevyne rec'd some R/S stories to me, I read them and quickly fell in love with the pairing. There was something deliciously angsty about pairing these two Marauders together that really drew me in. Maybe the fact that their ending is rather sad, that Sirius spent twelve years imprisoned in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit and Remus is always the last Marauder standing. I know he marries Tonks in canon and they have a child together, blah blah blah. I can see them having something during their schooldays - nowhere does Rowling ever say that Sirius was a womanizer or whatever, but he was attractive, of course, and he seems like the type to rebel against conventional beliefs. Remus seems pretty hesitant (as seen with Tonks) about starting a relationship because of lycanthropy so it'd be easy to be with Sirius who already knows about it and is okay with it. So yeah, I think mostly it's the angst and the fact that they're both "canines" (because how cute is that?) and they have that long friendship that could evolve into something more that really makes me ship them. I hope that answers your question. :p

2. Oh, that's a tough question! There are parts of some of my stories that I really love, that I reread and wonder how I even wrote that because it's so...good. I think the best story I've ever written is Absence is Constant. I don't know, i love the imagery and the descriptions I used in that story and it's so angsty - which is my favorite, of course. Though I loved writing my afterlife fics even though they're the reason I stopped writing three years ago. It was such a different setting for me so it was fun to write.

3. Current favorite stories? Does that mean WIPs or completed fics too? For WIPs: I really love Vital (15+) by Aderyn and Losing Harry (M) by taylorj828. For completed fics, I adored Run From the Darkness.(15+) by redherring. It was so heartbreaking and angsty. Oh, and Once Defied (15+) by pennyardelle - one of the best Marauder fics I've ever read. I love anything by academica and Snapdragons.

4. I don't have any rituals. I don't plan when I write, I just...write. Sometimes I listen to music and sometimes I find it too distracting. It just depends on the mood I'm in. I guess that's not really a good answer but I really don't have anything that I do particularly when I write.

Thanks for the awesome questions! :)

Edited by forsakenphoenix, 17 August 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

missy | hpff [12+ to M]

#4 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Helloo there, :)

As your really rubbish Secret Santa (someone should fire me) I thought I'd stop by and ask you a couple of questions.

1.) What brought you back after such a long hitas?
2.)Whats the last thing you wrote?
3.) How's the site changed since you joined way back in 2003?
4.) If you couldn't write any more marauder fics (which would be a travesty for fanfiction kind) what would you write?
5.) If you could save one HP character.... what character would it be?
6.) What are you looking forward to in the new year?
7.) Got any plans for more stories?
8.) First story you ever wrote on the archives? Was it good? Have you deleted it and try not to remember its existence? :)

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#5 forsakenphoenix

forsakenphoenix

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

Helloo there, :)

As your really rubbish Secret Santa (someone should fire me) I thought I'd stop by and ask you a couple of questions.

1.) What brought you back after such a long hitas?
2.)Whats the last thing you wrote?
3.) How's the site changed since you joined way back in 2003?
4.) If you couldn't write any more marauder fics (which would be a travesty for fanfiction kind) what would you write?
5.) If you could save one HP character.... what character would it be?
6.) What are you looking forward to in the new year?
7.) Got any plans for more stories?
8.) First story you ever wrote on the archives? Was it good? Have you deleted it and try not to remember its existence? :)

First off, you are not rubbish. Things happen. Don't feel bad! :hug:

1. Mostly it was the release of the last movie. I didn't want my love for Harry Potter to end. I had toyed with the idea of coming back for a while but seeing the last movie kind of pushed me in the right direction. I also got a PM from an old friend so that helped too.
2. I just wrote 500 words of the next chapter for Steep & Thorny a few days ago, if that's what you mean by that question.
3. Ha, it's definitely gotten bigger, that's for sure. The names have changed, but the friendliness of everyone hasn't, which is always nice. I think the biggest thing I've noticed is the reviewing, which I'm sure has been brought up millions of times before. It just isn't the same anymore. We have some excellent reviewers here, I won't argue that. But I don't know, I used to put up a new story and get so many reviews without even having to request any, and now the only reviews I get are the ones that I request. It was nice to get unexpected reviews.
4. That would be really sad. :( But I'd probably try my hand at Next Gen - there's a lot of freedom with those characters that would make them fun to write.
5. Um, oh, that's so hard. I was going to say my obvious choice would be Sirius but I forgot that Remus died too... :( I'm going to go with Remus, so Teddy could be raised by at least one of his parents.
6. I haven't really thought about the new year, and there's nothing really that excites me. More school, more work. Nothing to look forward to.
7. I'm going to (eventually) write a Snape/Lily that takes place in my afterlife universe. But aside from that, no other plans. I'm not very good at keeping up with multiple stories so I'd like to try and finish up Steep & Thorny and write some more chapters for Portraits of Courage first.
8. First story I ever wrote was a chaptered James/Lily called Pages Yet to Be Written. It's terrible. It's still on there. I pray that no one in their right mind decides to read it or I may delete it.

Thanks for resurrecting my MTA! Stop beating yourself up about the whole Secret Santa thing, it's fine. :p

Posted Image

missy | hpff [12+ to M]

#6 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Aloha! I am here with a few questions for you. :hug:

1. If you had to dye your hair any color other than the color it is now, what color would you dye it and why?

2. What book, the Harry Potter series aside, has been most influential in your writing?

3. Do you prefer writing novels, short stories, or one-shots?

4. You've got to ask someone to the Yule Ball. How would you do it?

5. What famous mustache (i.e. Stalin, Dali, Twain) inspires you most?

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#7 forsakenphoenix

forsakenphoenix

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Aloha! I am here with a few questions for you. :hug:

1. If you had to dye your hair any color other than the color it is now, what color would you dye it and why.

Hm. I have never wanted to dye my hair before - so that's a tough question. I love my hair color. I guess if anything, I'd just want to lighten it up a bit. It's pretty dark - a lot of people think it's black until I'm in the sun - and maybe add some more red highlights.

2. What book, the Harry Potter series aside, has been most influential in your writing?

I don't really think certain books influence me, really. But if I had to pick one, I'd probably choose an author - Jack Kerouac. He's definitely got that stream of consciousness type of writing that I adore and admire, and I'd love to be able to write like that one day.

3. Do you prefer writing novels, short stories, or one-shots?

One-shots, for sure. As you can tell from my slow updates, novels are difficult for me to finish. I'm not sure why. Usually, I know how I want a story to start and end, but it's the middle part that's most difficult to me. I'm hoping S&T will open up more opportunities for me to write more novels, but I just want to finish this one first.

4. You've got to ask someone to the Yule Ball. How would you do it?

Write them a note. Circle yes or no. ;) Haha, um, I dunno. I'd probably just start with some casual conversation, bring it up somehow, and then see if they want to go with me.

5. What famous mustache (i.e. Stalin, Dali, Twain) inspires you most?

Vincent Price.

Thanks for the questions, Janechel! My MTA was looking rather lonely. :wub:

Posted Image

missy | hpff [12+ to M]

#8 EverMalfoy

EverMalfoy

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

I am here! Hello :) How are you? I have some questions, if you don't mind!

1. (Big fan of Steep&Thorny way to heaven, right here *holds up foam finger*) What was your inspiration?

2. Least favorite ships?

3. Something you want to try and write but you're nervous/afraid/too excited/whatever? :p

4. Any cliches that drive you up the wall?

5. Your favorite non-HP movie?

Signature by loveatfirstview@TDA!

Posted Image

Currently writing: Chapter two of You Will Never Be and Chapter three of Run For Your Life

#9 forsakenphoenix

forsakenphoenix

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

I am here! Hello :) How are you? I have some questions, if you don't mind!

1. (Big fan of Steep&Thorny way to heaven, right here *holds up foam finger*) What was your inspiration?

2. Least favorite ships?

3. Something you want to try and write but you're nervous/afraid/too excited/whatever? :p

4. Any cliches that drive you up the wall?

5. Your favorite non-HP movie?

Hi, thanks for the questions. :)

1. Inspiration for Steep & Thorny...well, obviously Hamlet and The Lion King which is based on Hamlet anyway. I just had this big vision as the Blacks as the royal family and Sirius sort of trying to deal with growing up without his father and being exiled from his home by his uncle.
2. Hermione/Marauder time-turner fics, or even adult/teenager ships. They just don't work for me. The timeturner ones just annoy me because it's just an excuse for a romantic entanglement, the timeturner, you know? It just seems kind of silly. I'm not really big on fics where there's a huge age difference between the two characters so I think that's where adult/teenager ships creep me out.
3. I have these big plans for a Next Gen zombie apocalypse fic but I don't know if I'll ever write it. It's definitely something I'd like to try if I can plan it out better. I also want to write a reverse timeline Charlie/Tonks, Tonks/Remus fic, but something's holding me back and I'm not sure what.
4. Head Boy/Girl sharing a common room/dorm. Sirius as a playboy. Those are the two big ones.
5. Oh dear...that's so difficult. :p Probably The Princess Bride. I love that movie; it's a classic!

Thanks for the questions!

Posted Image

missy | hpff [12+ to M]

#10 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hey Missy! Hope you're doing well, and not buried under a load of work xD

1. You have a lot of older stories - is there one you'd like to start afresh or write differently? What would you do differently?
2. If you were to give one piece of writing advice, what would it be?
3. What have you learned most from writing, other than writing?
4. What single chapter or one-shot are you most proud of? Is there one you particularly struggled with and then ended up loving?
5. Bonus: Waffles or pancakes? :D

wzSaW.pngjWSQk.pngVuMlQ.png
^ click | TDA | art/tumblr | all links [M]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users