Aphoride

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hey there! I thought I'd make a list of my current stories (and edit it when more plunnies come along, of course) but feel free to ask anything you like - anything at all. I don't bite... much :p

Musings of a Malfoy: Okay, so this is my baby *huggles* It's going to be long and insane and... well, yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Finding Bella: A plunny I've had for a long time - almost six months now, I think - and I finally got around to writing it.

Underworld: Not sure if this has been validated yet or not when I put this up, but never mind! It's my next big story - much darker, much more serious ('seriouser' isn't a word... right?) and it will probably be long. Really long.

My two one-shots, His Game and When Perseus Met Andromeda, were both written for challenges posted here on the forums. Amazingly, they placed first and second respectively in their... er, respective challenges. I still beam whenever I think about it.

Well, that's it! Ask away at will!
Aph xx

joffrey-signature_zpse9330e4a.png

Set by Otachi @TDA

Stories (12+ to M) | MTA(12+)

:: NaNo: 0/50,000 ::

#2 ravenclawprincess

ravenclawprincess

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hello :D

I saw that you just started an MTA thread, and having just read one of your stories, I thought that I would be the first person to ask you some questions.

1) What is you favourite era to write about?
2) What's your favourite ship to write about?
3) What inspires you the most when it comes to your writing?
4) Have you seen the movie '10 Things I Hate About You'? It's one of my favourite chick flicks of all times
5) And for something completely different, what is you favourite ice cream flavour?

Also congratulations on placing in both of those challenges :thumbsup:

#3 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hello! Thanks for popping by!

1) What is your favourite era to write about?
I don't really have a favourite era to write about, to be honest, seeing as I love writing about the Marauders era, the first war era and before that and the next gen era equally. I absolutely hate writing anything about the Hogwarts era because it seems to me that pretty much everything we needed to know about that has been said by JK in the books - although I have read some brilliant stories set then.

2) What's your favourite ship to write about?
Honestly, it's Bellatrix/Rodolphus. For me it's a good combination of things we know (i.e. Bellatrix and some minor details about them) and a whole load of stuff we don't (i.e. the rest of it XD) so it's really fun to mess around with and play with. Plus, the whole pureblood society thing really interests me. I won't try and find a canon pairing because if I do I'll still be here in four hours time trying to work it out. There's just too many!

3) What inspires you the most when it comes to your writing?
I mostly get the ideas from reading completely unrelated stories to Harry Potter, watching films which again have nothing to do with Harry Potter at all (Sweeney Todd inspired a lot of the thoughts behind Underworld, although they mutated from the original idea). With writing, it's music. The song has to be right for the mood and feel of the bit I'm writing, but I find it helps me a lot.

4) Have you seen the movie '10 Things I Hate About You'? It's one of my favourite chick flicks of all times.
Actually, I haven't. I pretty much entered the challenge because I was looking for one, read the entire (at the time) thread all the way through, decided I liked the quotes and entered. It's one of those things people are always mentioning though, and I feel I should probably watch it some time. Maybe eventually.

5) And for something completely different, what is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Definitely chocolate. Haagen-Daas had a brilliant ice cream I found on holiday in Greece one year which was Double Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream, with real chocolate brownie pieces in it. It was absolutely gorgeous. I had it for lunch every day.

Thanks! I really didn't expect either of them at all - especially not the second one. I was so worried about that piece.

Set by Otachi @TDA

#4 LupinandTonks14

LupinandTonks14

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hey!(: I'm here to make your MTA page feel better(: So, here's some love for it :D

Okay, here are some questions for you:

1. If you had to compete in one task from the triwizard tournament, which task would you choose?

2. What position, if any, would you like to play in Quidditch?

3. What house do you think the sorting hat would have placed you in?

4. Beauxbatons or Hogwarts?

5. Favourite Ships?

6. If you could date any character who would you pick? Which actor?

Hope that made it feel less lonely :D
Thank you to MagicalInk @ TDA for the gorgeous avatar! && Thanks to Swiss Miss @ TDA for the awesome siggy! :)
My Stories (12+ to M) Unforgiven (M)

Posted Image

#5 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! *hugs* I'll pop by yours later, after taking a peek at your stories :)

Onto the questions!

1. If you had to compete in one task from the Triwizard Tournament which task would you choose?
Hm... the second one, probably. I love swimming and I'm pretty good at it, whereas I don't think I'd do well with the maze and the idea of facing a dragon terrifies me. I could probably just about manage the second one. Just about.

2. What position, if any, would you like to play in Quidditch?
Beater. Mostly because I quite like sports which involved hitting things with some kind of bat (rounders, cricket, etc. XD) but also because it seems to be the one which involves the least flying. Being scared of heights, it would probably be best for all involved.

3. What house do you think the Sorting Hat would have placed you in?
I honestly have no idea. I'm a Slytherin on another site and I'm a Ravenclaw here. It would probably be one of those two, to be honest, seeing as I'm really not very brave and I'm the laziest person I know, so that rules the others out.

4. Beauxbatons or Hogwarts?
Ooh, good question. On balance, probably Beauxbatons simply because we don't hear that much about it in the books and I'm insanely curious about how it would work - not to mention I love France, French and French people, so I can imagine I'd quite like it there. Hogwarts would be equally as amazing, though, so it's tough.

5. Favourite ships?
Bellatrix/Rodolphus is pretty much my OTP. I love them to pieces and literally search the entire archives for stories about them. Apart from them, I adore Ron/Hermione - they're just perfect for each other, really - and Rose/Scorpius has recently become a favourite, despite my hatred of all things cliché and Romeo-and-Juliet-y.

6. If you could date any character who would you pick? Which actor?
I'm going to confess that after the sixth film, I found Tom Riddle strangely attractive to the point that I sigh and swoon a little inside every time he comes on screen. It's really awful. In terms of actors, Rupert Grint is adorable, cute, funny... and has an ice-cream van. What more could you want?

Set by Otachi @TDA

#6 nikkinike

nikkinike

Swoosharific

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hey Aphy! I thought I'd pop by and ask you some questions. :hug: :)

1. Why do you like to write?
2. Are you going to post your NaNo novel? -is very intrigued-
3. Favorite HP book?
4. How did you come up with the idea of Caradoc?
5. What's next on your 'To Write' list?

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

comet@tda is amazing <3

#7 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hey Nikki! :hug: Thanks for stopping by!

1. Why do you like to write?
Mostly because I enjoy it, to be honest. It's fun, it's simple enough to do and I can do it everywhere. On the train, on the plane, at my desk, in front of the tv... wherever.

2. Are you going to post your NaNo novel?
Yep. I just have to edit the stuff I wrote in November and change a few bits of it, because I was silly and didn't realise that you can't write in second person pov with an OC when I started it, but that shouldn't take too long. It'll probably be up sometime in the New Year, I think. I'm not really sure.

3. Favorite HP book?
Oh dear. Erm... I think number four, to be honest, because everything that's going on is kept so perfectly under wraps until the end when it all comes out in Crouch/Moody's office. It's the kind of thing I wish I could do, you know - drop hints throughout and confuse the reader, before showing them everything at the end and make them go 'oh, right, that explains it!'.

4. How did you come up with the idea of Caradoc?
I read a story on the archives about Dorcas Meadowes (I can't remember the title, but she owns a laundry service in it and it's really, really good) and, having always known I wanted to write about the first war, decided to do Caradoc, since we don't know much at all about him. He kinda developed himself - his personality, his job, and everything like that. I just knew that I wanted an Order member who didn't fall in love, who didn't have a family/lover/kids to be the reason for him choosing to fight, because they all seem to, you know? So, that was sort of how he came about.

5. What's next on your 'To Write' list?
Well, I've got a new story in the queue - it's a humour fic about the Death Eaters at Christmas :D That's going to be twelve chapters long and it's very, very silly. Definitely nothing like Underworld.
Apart from that, I'm planning a James (II) story, in which he goes to Durmstrang, rather than Hogwarts. It's going to take a lot of planning, though, but it's on the list to write next. Maybe when I finish one of the others, lol. Too many stories! *hides*

Edited by Aphoride, 18 December 2011 - 06:53 PM.

Set by Otachi @TDA

#8 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hello there! Unloading more questions from my questionable sleigh of christmas joy... :xsleigh: :D

1.) How did you come up with the wonderful wonderful idea of A Very Death Eater Christmas? I fell in love with the first chapter. It was so beautifully wonderful.
2.) Which of your stories are you most proud of?
3.) What's your favourite Christmas emoticon? (I'm sorry, but its got to be :jazzy:)
4.) Which of your characters are you most likely to be friends with?
5.) Whats next on your to-write-list (after the next billion chapters of A Very Death Eater Christmas) :D

Oh I wish it could be christmas every day... :xsnowman:

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#9 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

1.) How did you come up with the wonderful wonderful idea of A Very Death Eater Christmas? I fell in love with the first chapter. It was so beautifully wonderful.
Haha, thanks! I wanted to write something for Christmas - just something short, maybe a one-shot or something. And I like the Death Eaters, so I thought I'd do something about them. And then it kinda... created itself.

2.) Which of your stories are you most proud of?
Most proud of? I have no idea! I'm quite proud of Finding Bella, coz that's completely out of my comfort zone, but I could say the same thing about Underworld since it's nothing like what I usually write. I guess the answer is... kinda all of them? :D

3.) What's your favourite Christmas emoticon? (I'm sorry, but its got to be :jazzy:)
Oh my gosh, that emoticon is amazing! I love it!

4.) Which of your characters are you most likely to be friends with?
I think I'd get along quite well with Scorpius from Musings, to be honest, which probably says a lot about me. Either Scorpius and Albus, or Ted and his friends from When Perseus Met Andromeda, I think.

5.) Whats next on your to-write-list (after the next billion chapters of A Very Death Eater Christmas)
There's only twelve chapters of AVDEC! But anyway... in terms of chapters, probably Musings and Finding Bella. In terms of actual stories, my NaNo novel and a new James (II) story - but the James (II) story's only in the planning stage, so that won't be up for aaaaages.

Thank you for the Christmas love! :hug:

Set by Otachi @TDA

#10 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hey! Posting here reminds me that I still need to read A Very Death Eater Christmas. That just looks like tons of fun :)

1.) Name one thing that almost always attracts you to a story.
2.) Name one thing that almost always turns you off from a story.
3.) Is there anything you think you would never write about (era, character, ship, etc.)?
4.) Name one author and one story on the archive that inspire you.
5.) Lastly, care to share one of your writing-related "resolutions" for 2012?

By the way, congrats on placing in those challenges! I love the feeling I get when I place in a challenge.

stories (12+ to M)
devilry_sig_zpse7e33c8b.png
fantastic set by easterlies@TDA

#11 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks! It's loads of fun to write, I admit - I just hope it's as fun for other people to read it.

1.) Name one thing that almost always attracts you to a story.
Erm... James/Lily, I think. I'm a huge fan of that pairing, simply because they just kind of 'are' to me, so I like reading about them. Also, James/Lily often means Sirius! :wub:

2.) Name one thing that almost always turns you off from a story.
Ironically, Sirius/OC. I absolutely adore Sirius to pieces (as well as the rest of the Black family...) so I'm incredibly picky about Sirius/OC stories. It's awful, because I shouldn't be, but usually I get about a couple of chapters in and then quit, simply because I don't think it's quite right.

3.) Is there anything you think you would never write about (era, character, ship, etc.)?
Founder's Era! Mostly because I'm a history nerd, so I'd become obsessed with being historically accurate to the time period and all that sort of stuff, which would just bog the story down in detail and kinda screw it up.

4.) Name one author and one story on the archive that inspire you.
AC_rules never fails to astound me. She can write everything and write it all well, which is doubly amazing. Reading her stories always makes me feel so terrible, lol. I don't know if I have a particular story which inspires me, to be honest. I read a lot and I have a bunch of favourites which I tend to read when I'm feeling down or bored or... well, whenever I feel like it, really.

5.) Lastly, care to share one of your writing-related "resolutions" for 2012?
FINISH SOMETHING!!! At the moment I have four WIPs on the archives and another two in the works. It's just too much! I'd like to finish Musings of a Malfoy, A Very Death Eater Christmas and Finding Bella at least in the next year, so then I can concentrate on the more gritty, darker stuff. It probably won't happen, knowing me and resolutions, but we'll see... there's 364 days left to go, after all!

Set by Otachi @TDA

#12 Sophie_Hatter

Sophie_Hatter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

More questions! MTA swaps are ace, aren't they?

1) What was the best Christmas present you got this year?

2) Is there a character that you would love to write but don't feel you can? Who and why?

3) There are lots of topics on the forum about things from the films that weren't quite done right - but is there anything that you think was actually done better in the films than the books?

4) You get a Christmas wish! You can save the life of one character from the books. Hurray! There's a catch, though - you have to kill off another one instead, and it can't be a Death Eater or other villain. Which two characters would you swap?

5) If you could ask JKR one question, what would it be?

Claws for the Cup!

Evolution (M) ~ Hearts and Arrows (12+) ~ The Grapevine (15+)

Posted Image

Set by justonemorefic

#13 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

They are pretty awesome! And really fun... perhaps a little too fun, lol.

1) What was the best Christmas present you got this year?
Oh dear. It's probably a toss up between two I got from my parents and one from my sister. They were: a pair of absolutely gorgeous shoes (I'm kinda obsessed), a huge book all about Queen which was published to mark their 40th anniversary (they're my all-time favourite band), and the film The Mask of Zorro. In the last two days I've already seen it twice. :D

2) Is there a character that you would love to write but don't feel you can? Who and why?
Quite a few actually. I always hesitate before writing Harry - even really in third person - because I find him pretty difficult, and I point-blank avoid writing anything where he's the main character. Also, I don't think I'd ever be able to do characters like Dumbledore, Moody, Hagrid, etc. justice so they're also only ever tiny, weeny background characters. It's just... I dunno... they have such individual personalities and I don't think I'd necessarily be able to get that into anything I wrote about them.

3) There are lots of topics on the forum about things from the films that weren't quite done right - but is there anything that you think was actually done better in the films than the books?
The one I'll always remember is the bit in the fourth film, in the graveyard. I think it just works better when you can actually see it, but I really felt almost like I was there. Also, the Final Battle, I think, was better than the books in ways - again, probably because of the advantages film has over writing. Things were going on with Harry so JKR couldn't fit it all in, you know, whereas the film could jump from character to character and really allow us to get a feel for the battle itself. The duel between Bellatrix and Molly in the film though still irritates me.

4) You get a Christmas wish! You can save the life of one character from the books. Hurray! There's a catch, though - you have to kill off another one instead, and it can't be a Death Eater or other villain. Which two characters would you swap?
Ooh, difficult question. Really, really difficult. I think I'd swap Dumbledore and... George. George because I think it would almost have been kinder for both him and Fred to go, in a way. Dumbledore because he put so much effort into fighting Voldemort - creating the Order, researching Horcruxes, preparing Harry for what he needed to do, protecting as many people as he could - that I think he kind of deserves to see the world he helped so much to create.

5) If you could ask JKR one question, what would it be?
If she could change a pivotal point/event in any of the books, which one it would be. I'm just curious like that. Plus, it's always interesting to know which bits authors hate about their own work, because it's never the bits you think it would be.

Set by Otachi @TDA

#14 Raine

Raine

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hi there! I'm Linn! I was re-reading Seeing Double, saw that you had an MTA, and decided to come over and ask you some questions! (Everybody loves questions!)

What motivates you to write?
What's your favourite colour?
What was the very first story you remember writing?
What do you love best about being a Ravenclaw?
If you had a Patronus, what would it be?
What does your ideal wand look like?
Your favourite moment from the books/movies?
Who was the first person you remember meeting on the forums?
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go to?
If you went to Hogwarts, which character would be your best friend?

Wow, that's a lot of questions, so I must go! Lovely stories, by the way, I really like reading them!

- Linn - HPFF (12+) - Review Thread (12+) -
dzmQcfF.png
gorgeous new set by our sea star @ TDA

#15 Aphoride

Aphoride

Moderatoride

• 717 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hey there! I do love questions, it's true, lol. I'm glad that you like Seeing Double - it's kinda my baby at the moment :D

What motivates you to write?
Most of the time, it's music. It can be anything - a song I haven't heard in years and just hear randomly one day, a song I play nearly every day, a song I know all the words too, anything. Films help a lot as well, particularly with shaping characters and storylines. Often, when I get an idea I just have to sit down and write it, or start planning it - most of those ideas end up in the recycle bin on my computer sooner or later, but it's just getting them out of my system otherwise I won't stop thinking about them.

What's your favourite colour?
This is actually a tricky question... er... emerald green. It's just so pretty :wub:

What was the very first story you remember writing?
Oh gosh, it was a little - about three pages long - one-shot kinda thing about Tudor England when I was really young. It was absolutely terrible, of course, but I think I enjoyed it a lot.

What do you love best about being a Ravenclaw?
The Corvarium is amazing. Everyone in there is so nice and friendly - if someone makes a mistake in the Review Battle or forgets their turn in Hangman it's not a problem, someone will step in and solve it - and everyone gets on so well. Also, there's always things going on and things to get involved with, so it's always pretty active. I feel a bit bad because I haven't been as active in it as I used to be... gah *embarrassed face*

If you had a Patronus, what would it be?
I honestly have no idea. I'd like to think it would be something cool, like a cat or a swan or a bird or something like that, but it probably wouldn't.

Ideally, of course, it would be a dragon :D

What does your ideal wand look like?
Like Voldemort's. lol, no, not really. Probably fairly simple and a light brown colour, I think. That's a pretty useless answer, since most woods are some sort of brown colour, but I don't really know. I'd like to think it would be a pretty wand - like Fleur's, you know, with all the carving on it - but it's hard to tell. Besides, the wand chooses the wizard, after all ;)

Your favourite moment from the books/movies?
I have too many! I love pretty much everything with Lockhart in (because he's just comedy gold), and the Weasley twins and then Snape has a load of brilliant one-liners in both the books and the movies.

My favourite Snape line, though, is probably: "Clearly, Mr Potter, fame isn't everything." Alan Rickman just delivers it in such a brilliantly icy tone - it's just perfect. I still giggle every time I watch the first film and he says it.

Who was the first person you remember meeting on the forums?
Ooh, gosh, this is difficult. Probably long_live_luna_bellatrix. She first gave me the password to the Ravenclaw Common Room, and sort of introduced me to how everything worked here. I don't really remember when I met people - I'm terrible at remembering things like this.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go to?
To live or just to visit? If it's to visit, I'd go on a cruise to Antartica. It would be so beautiful - miles and miles and miles of beautiful, undisturbed, glittering ice and snow... I'd just love it. The cold would be totally worth the views.

To live... Paris. I've always wanted to live in Paris. I can't really explain it - I just love everything about the city. The people, the shopping, the culture, the food... everything.

If you went to Hogwarts, which character would be your best friend?
Probably Hermione or Lily Evans, depending on the era. I don't think I would get on particularly well with Lavender, just because our interests are completely different. Like Hermione (and people often presume about Lily too) I like reading and I do actually do my homework, although I'm not quite so obsessed with studying (I could do a university degree in procrastination and get a first easily), but I think we'd get on well. We're both quite logical, so it seems like it could work out.

Thank you for stopping by! I really enjoyed answering all your questions! I'm so so glad you like my stories - it really does mean a lot to me!
Aph xx

Set by Otachi @TDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users