#1 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

:) Hi!

I'm Illuminate (you can call me Chess if you like) and I've been writing since I was the grand old age of six. I have thus far never ever finished an Original Fiction project, and so obviously I have decided to occupy my time with fanfiction :)

My one and only HPFF project (seriously, you won't find anything else on my Author page despite how many challenges I enter) is The Joker and Her, 15+ rated link in my sig, a GeorgexOC Hogwarts Era fic centered around my OC Brienne. It's planned to span the entire series of HP starting from the Prisoner of Azkaban, and at a meagre 12 chapters has a grand total of 313 reviews. Proud :)

My other works include glee fanfiction, Lost fanfiction, even the old A:TLA oneshot here and there, but my main focus is HP :)

My favourite characters are Ron, the Weasley twins and Luna :)

If you have any questions about Joker, or anything else, feel free to ask.

xx

abendrot_zpse24e7442.png   easterliesgeorge_zps0e3dc5de.png
TJAH and TTOS (15+) ^^ Thank you abendrot and easterlies!

"I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end."

Currently Writing: Chapter 2 of 'The Tower of Stars.'

#2 daliha

daliha

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

First post :p OH yeah!

Now I have the following questions?
  • What inspired you to write the Joker and Her?
  • Why a George/Oc? I mean you could have chosen Fred or any other character to pair up with Bree?
  • Do you have any future projects in mind?
  • What kind of music do you like writing with? (If any)
  • Who is you favorite Character to write about?
  • And of course a random question... do you like brownies XD?
I think I ask too much, but I like your writing so I hope you don't mind :D

NIGHTMARE.png

@Nightmare

HPFF 12-M/ MTA

#3 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hiiiii!

What inspired you to write the Joker and Her? Well, I'd lost a member of my family, and I thought the whole loss thing was kind of key to Harry Potter, and I really wanted to begin a story involving the Weasley twins. So I developed Brienne and The Joker and Her was born :)

Why a George/Oc? I mean you could have chosen Fred or any other character to pair up with Bree? Hmm, to be honest, I thought maybe pairing her with Fred might have been a little cliche, especially since I knew that Angelina would have been in there somewhere and I am a major stickler for canon, so Fred and Angelina needed to be together, and to be honest George matches Brienne's personality much better :)

Do you have any future projects in mind? Only really 'Joker.' It's going to span the entire HP saga beginning POA, so really that's my priority :)

What kind of music do you like writing with? (If any) Music generally tends to distract me, but I do like a nice humming background noise, y'know just general house noise :) But I do loooove music, mostly big ballads and epic anthems a la Muse, Coldplay and Keane. I adore the Glee Cast too.

Who is you favorite Character to write about? I like minor characters, or supporting characters, or OC's. I think cause then you have your own take on them and you're not too restricted :) I think if I ever wrote any more HPFF then they would be revolved around perhaps Next Gen characters or minor Hogwarts Era characters.

And of course a random question... do you like brownies XD? :D Oooooh yeah! I love them! Although I'm trying to lose weight right now if you push something chocolatey in my direction I can't possibly say no xD Brownies, cookies...I love making them too! Yum yum *runs to kitchen*

:D Great questions! Love ya, daliha!

Edited by Illuminate, 08 August 2011 - 02:56 PM.

"I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end."

#4 Lizzfizz

Lizzfizz

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hiya!

Who is your least favourite character?
Where do you usually write?

Umm, can't think of any other questions at the mo.
Anyway just wanted to say, LOVE YOUR WRITING!!
Just had to say that

Lizzfizz :)
Posted Image
Awesome sig made by the amazing Bellatrix_Lestrange369 @ TDA

NaNo Mummy of: Goldemort, PUFFLEtwins and xxJasminexx
NaNo Daughter of: leannemariesnape, accioHPFF, LittleWelshGirl99, Livi_777, May_Diggory_Weasley and PUFFLEtwins :D

#5 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

:) Hi! Wow, thank you so much!
Who is your least favourite character? Umm I don't really like Percy, simply because he's a bit of an idiot. And, of course, there's Voldemort :)

Where do you usually write? Generally in my living room- I need a nice normal buzz of noise in the background and I must NOT be distubed. And I must also be wrapped up warmly and have a cup of tea :)

Thank you for your questions! If you have any more, don't hesitate to ask :)

#6 Lizzfizz

Lizzfizz

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi again!
Just wondering ...
Where did you get the idea for Pink Eyes?

Lizzfizz :D
Posted Image
Awesome sig made by the amazing Bellatrix_Lestrange369 @ TDA

NaNo Mummy of: Goldemort, PUFFLEtwins and xxJasminexx
NaNo Daughter of: leannemariesnape, accioHPFF, LittleWelshGirl99, Livi_777, May_Diggory_Weasley and PUFFLEtwins :D

#7 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

:) Hi again! I got the idea from a Challenge by Bookworm045/Katherine045, called the Character Creator Machine Challenge. My criteria was that I had to write about a brown-haired Teddy Lupin, a Slytherin who wants to shoot flaming forks at someone :) I thought I'd take the fluffmedy route and Pink Eyes was born :) Thanks for your question!

#8 GinevraMollyPotter

GinevraMollyPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Here's one question I've been dying to ask for ages.

1) Through writing the story The Joker and Her, I have noticed you ship Grienne. Is it hard writing it when you know that George in canon marries Angelina and whilst reading it some people will be anticipating this change despite the obvious differences of your story to canon?

UegoW.png

Wonderful sig set by KillerQueen@TDA 

My author page (12+-M)

#9 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hiii :) Well, actually I like to strive to make the story as canon as possible. Even the tiniest details, such as George diving to catch Crookshanks in one chapter, that actually happened in the books. Of course, Brienne isn't canon, she's an OC, but what I want to do by writing the story is to incorporate Brienne into the canon so it's as if she could be there. You know? I'm adding to the canon rather than straying from it. And all I can say about George and Angelina is, you'll just have to wait and see :)

Edited by Illuminate, 07 March 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#10 AlAndAl

AlAndAl

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

I just finished reading your 18 chapters of Joker and OMG it was stunning. You are awesome at canon!

1. What do you like most about the Twins?
2. When you write, do you plan beforehand or just let it come out as you go?
3. What is he hardest part about writing the Twins? (I want to write a bit of the Twins myself and need some advice :3 )

-Allie

Posted Image

Beautiful Sig & Avatar by nostalgia @ TDA

#11 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

I just finished reading your 18 chapters of Joker and OMG it was stunning. You are awesome at canon!

1. What do you like most about the Twins?
2. When you write, do you plan beforehand or just let it come out as you go?
3. What is he hardest part about writing the Twins? (I want to write a bit of the Twins myself and need some advice :3 )

-Allie

Hi! xD Gosh, thank you so much!

1. I love how the Twins are hilarious and sometimes irresponsible, but are strongly loyal and are fierce when they need to be :) They are easily my favourite characters.

2. I write a very general plan (like, literally a couple of sentences) on what I want the chapter to be about, and then write it xD Often the chapter goes in a completely different direction but it's good to keep the plans so I can continue doing what I set out to do later in the chapter or the story :) However, when planning an entire story before I write it I plan it in minute detail :) The characters, etc.

3. The hardest thing when writing the Twins I think is their banter- it's just so quick-thinking and seamless in the original books, so for me it's really hard to replicate that. But apparently I do that well :)

Thank you for your questions!

Edited by Illuminate, 02 September 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#12 Aperkins

Aperkins

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi Chess, Im Anthea,

Half way through Illuminate.  I think the idea of OC parallel to canon is beautiful

1) What do you do with the stories you enter into  competitions if not put them on your author website? (Do you enter other competitions?)

2) Are you still writing Original Fiction?  

3) Do you find that FF has helped you build your writing styles?

4) How long did it take you to produce The Joker? How long are you planning on spending producing the next sequel? Have you started writing it?

5) Does the FF distract you from original fiction,  and are you happy putting so much energy into the one project, when so many other authors have thousands on the go - one shots and so forth. So .. Im asking whether you get tired and need a break from the Joker and Her, or whether you are so thoroughly involved that you can jsut keep writing it?

Pointed questions, I know, but would love to hear from you

Cheers,

anthea

link20.jpg

(15+) some (17+)

#13 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Im Anthea, Hi!

Half way through Illuminate.  I think the idea of OC parallel to canon is beautiful Thank you very much xD

1) What do you do with the stories you enter into  competitions if not put them on your author website? (Do you enter other competitions?) The only HPFF stories I've written are 'Joker' and 'Pink Eyes,' :) I only really have time for them at the mo but I really love entering and making challenges because they're really fun and can give you a lot of motivation.

2) Are you still writing Original Fiction?  I used to, but not so much anymore :) I am going to in the future, but am just waiting until I get a good idea.

3) Do you find that FF has helped you build your writing styles? Definitely! Before I wrote FF I was a terrible writer, and now I'm a little better. Writing anything and everything always helps to improve and define your own style :)

4) How long did it take you to produce The Joker? How long are you planning on spending producing the next sequel? Have you started writing it? I started writing 'Joker' in 2008, but in 2009 took a year long break from writing it cause of real-life stresses. So except for the hiatus it took me three and a half years to write 'Joker' xD I have started planning for the sequel, steadily going through the chapters and deciding what I want to happen. I will start writing it once most of the chapters are planned :) Hopefully won't take too long!

5) Does the FF distract you from original fiction,  and are you happy putting so much energy into the one project, when so many other authors have thousands on the go - one shots and so forth. So .. Im asking whether you get tired and need a break from the Joker and Her, or whether you are so thoroughly involved that you can jsut keep writing it? I absolutely love writing The Joker and Her, it's been my sole writing project for such a long time now that I don't really want it to stop xD I don't mind not writing Original Fiction at the mo because I don't feel I'm really good enough to be publishable- I'm going to stick with 'The Joker and Her until it's finished :)

Pointed questions, I know, but would love to hear from you

Cheers,

anthea

Thank you so much for your great questions! :D

#14 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hey thought I would stop by with some questions!

1. How did you choose your name?

2. How did you choose your OC's name?

3. Did you expect to get so many reviews and reads on 'The Joker and Her'?

4. What is your favourite part of writing?

5. Best thing about Harry Potter?

6. Best story you've read on the archives?

have fun :)

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

Author Page (12+ - M) ll MTA (12+) ll Reviews (12+)

Thanks to Lady Asphodel @TDA for the amazing set

#15 Illuminate

Illuminate

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hey thought I would stop by with some questions!

1. How did you choose your name? I was completely stuck, and I think someone said the word "illuminate" on the TV in a very impressive way. Also I like how JKR always described that Lumos "illuminated" the surroundings xD

2. How did you choose your OC's name? I wanted something different but not so unique that it seemed Mary-Sueish. I also knew -somehow- I wanted a name beginning with B. I then looked at names beginning with B and I saw Brianna, and I changed the A's to E's, so she became Brienne :) As for her surname, the song 'Is This The Way To Amarillo' by Tony Christie was in my head while I was developing her, so she became Brienne Christie. Martha is her middle name, and I chose it because it sounds very English and I wanted something to balance her out, since she's both French and English. Wow what a long answer xD

3. Did you expect to get so many reviews and reads on 'The Joker and Her'? No way! Though they did accumulate over a few years, I found most of the reviews hugely complimentary and flattering. I am thankful for every single one :)

4. What is your favourite part of writing? The best feeling in the world is when you are writing in full flow and the words are just tumbling out, and you are actually creating something. If it's something that people like it's all the better :)

5. Best thing about Harry Potter? The characters, and the world they are in. JKR is so inventive and imaginative, and that's mostly what I love about the series. Also how her characters range between the evil to the hilarious to the adorable to the wise. She is just so talented.

6. Best story you've read on the archives? That's so difficult! I love 'Broken' by MajiKat, which is a Rose/Scorpiusm and I love 'Hey, Fred,' by hedwidgeon, which is a heartwrenching story about George after DH. But there are soooo many stories here that are brilliantly written.

Thank you for your wonderful questions!

have fun :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: not so amazing, brienne, joker, george, weasley twins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users