6 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRose

DarkRose

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Why, hello there! This is DracoFerret11, here to talk about my writing, stories, etc.

Before we get started, here are a few things about me:

• My name is Emily.
  • I have a deep passion for writing.
  • I love to talk to people--if you have a question, feel more than free to ask it. There's no such thing as a stupid question!
  • I respond to every review I receive, so if you leave a review for me, it will definitely get a prompt answer.
  • I've been writing on HPFF for nearly eight years, so I frequently edit my old work to make it better.

On to the stories! All of my work can be found here at my Author's Page on HPFF. The stories there rank from 12+ all the way to Mature.

Of my 24 current stories:

• 2 are novels
  • 1 is a short story
  • 3 are song-fics
  • 18 are one-shots

Starting with the novels, one of which is a "Work in Progress," the other of which is, sadly, "Abandoned":

• I'm Already There (M): This was my first novel, and my first love on HPFF. It follows the story of Draco and Hermione as, you guessed it, Head Boy and Girl. Yes, it's cliché, I know, but it was the product of my first attempts at writing when I was quite young. Sadly, it has been marked as abandoned. As of right now, I don't see how I can improve it to the standards at which I now write, and I may delete it before I ever actually have the time and ability to improve it.
  • Rule Breaker (15+):   :yahoo: PAY ATTENTION HERE, DARLINGS.  :yahoo: Here's my current love! "Rule Breaker" began as a challenge piece and has evolved into one of the best stories I've posted on HPFF. It's the story of Hermione as Head Girl and Theodore Nott as Head Boy and the challenges they face in a world where Voldemort is at large outside of the castle. It disregards some things from Deathly Hallows, but I love it. Draco, of course, is there, and looking suspicious, especially when a murder occurs in Hogsmeade. Is he the culprit? Read it and find out!

Time to check out my only short-story:

• Permanence (12+): This was something new for me. It was written for a challenge; it's completed; and I'm actually pretty fond of it. It's a story about Lucius and Narcissa's relationship, from start to finish. It's a non-canon love story from the other side of the battle. If you're interested in that, I'd love to know what you think!

On to the song-fics, all of which are completed:

• Who You'd Be Today (12+): This is a very old song-fic, the first I ever wrote. It's a story to Kenny Chesney's song "Who You'd Be Today" and centers around, of course, Draco and Hermione. Hermione was killed in the final battle against Voldemort, and Draco goes to her grave to remember their happy moments, even though she's gone.
  • Do You Believe Me Now? (12+): This is a story to the song "Do You Believe Me Now?" by Jimmy Wayne. It's about Draco and Hermione, post-Hogwarts. They're together and happy, but a few poorly-timed fights send Hermione running from Draco, straight into Ron's arms. This is the story of how Draco deals with all of that.
  • Let it All Out (12+): My most "recent" song-fic, to Relient K's "Let it All Out" is a story about Draco ranting to Hermione about people's expectations for him. They have to figure out where to go from there, after, surprisingly, Hermione understands him perfectly.

And now we hit the one-shots, all completed:

• 'Til Death Do We Part (15+): This is one of my oldest stories on HPFF. It's the story of Hermione's battle with a terminal illness and how she must say her goodbyes to Draco and their daughter. It's not the best thing I've ever written, by far, but I like to think it's a sweet story.
  • Despite Our Differences (12+): This is a fluffy one-shot that actually focuses around Pansy Parkinson. It was a challenge piece, I think. It's about Pansy meeting a new student named Christian and trying to sort out her feelings for him. There's drama and humor and snowball fights, and it's generally just a good time.
  • Hear Me Out (15+): Here's another challenge piece. It's actually about Pansy as well. This time, Pansy and Blaise. It was in response to a "Seven Things I Hate About You" challenge, and it still makes me smile. If you're looking for something a bit different, this might fit the bill.
  • Happy New Year, Hermione Granger (12+): This is one of my favorite stories that I've written. It's about Luna's New Year's party where Hermione encounters an old...enemy? She and Draco talk while the clock ticks down to midnight, and the new year starts in a very unexpected way.
  • Glorious (12+): A completely fluffy story about Victoire and Teddy meeting up after a period of separation. Cutesy and lovey-dovey, if that's your style.
  • Sirius Black: Matchmaker Extraordinaire (12+): Sirius plots to get Lily and James together. It's just a silly one-shot with a goofy teenage-Sirius who loves mischief and matchmaking.
  • Savior (12+): I truly cannot explain how much I adore this story. It's the second shortest story I've ever written...but I love it unconditionally. It's about Draco and Hermione meeting up during the final battle of Hogwarts. He saves her life and their opinions of each other change forever.
  • Those Three Words (12+): This is one of only two attempts that I've ever made at next-gen. It's a cutesy story about Scorpius and Rose finally telling everyone that they've been together for over two and a half years.
  • As the Rain Falls (12+): Another of my absolute favorites, this story is about Hermione and Draco meeting at a park to talk before Draco goes on the run. Hermione knows he isn't a killer, but it breaks her heart to watch him walk away, even if it's his only choice.
  • From Ashes We Rise (12+): A story about Hermione and George after Fred's death. George is having a lot of trouble dealing with the loss of his twin, but with Hermione's help, that might change.
  • All I Have Left (15+): My first attempt at Founders-era. This is a story about Rowena Ravenclaw and how she came to own her diadem. It's the story of love, loss, and anguish as the young woman's life changes forever.
  • In and Out of Love (12+): This story is about Ron and Hermione falling out of love, and Hermione falling in love with someone completely different...Yes, it's Draco, I know that you know.
  • Requiem and Resurrection (12+): This story is about George dealing with Fred's death alongside his best friend, Angelina Johnson. He encounters the Mirror of Erised, but will he look into it with all his fears of what he'll see?
  • Something Good (12+): This was a challenge piece about de-cliché-ing the plot of a transfer student coming to Hogwarts. So, Olivia comes from Canada and tries to adjust at Hogwarts. It's fairly fluffy, if you'd like to check it out.
  • Task One Challenge: A Nightmare (12+): This is a one-shot written for the House Cup 2012 about Cho Chang facing her inner demons. This is the only time I've ever written for her, so let me know how I did!
  • The Final Journey (12+): This is about Fawkes coping with the death of his best friend and companion, Dumbledore. It takes place at the end of Half-Blood Prince and was written for the House Cup 2013. I hear that it makes people cry...but I hope you like it!
  • Eighteen Pleats (15+): This story is a historical-fiction piece written for two challenges (the Supernatural Creatures Challenge which it won 2nd place in and the MacGuffin Challenge). It chronicles the experience of my OC, Aixa de la Monte, as she sets out on a mission which ends in tragedy. I'm really proud of it if you'd like to read it and let me know how I did!
  • For Her (12+): This was also written for two challenges (the Crack!Ship & Rare Pairings Challenge and the Instrumental Song Challenge). It's the unrequited-love story of Antonin Dolohov and Hermione and tells Dolohov's thoughts as he sits in his cell in Azkaban.

At last! The end of this very, very long post! I hope you've read a couple of my stories, and I hope you check out and enjoy the ones you haven't read. Please, feel free to ask me anything you'd like. I'm open for all questions.

Thanks so much for your time! Take care!

Love, Emily

Edited by DarkRose, 16 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.

House Cup set by patronus_charm @ TDA

2014sig_zps40cb21eb.gif

Emily

Rule Breaker (15+), HPFF , MTA

#2 ScorpiusRose17

ScorpiusRose17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hi!!

Okay, so I thought I would stop by and ask some questions about Rule Breaker! =)

What inspired you to write Rule Breaker?

What makes you like Theo so much?

Rule Breaker is this sort of murder mystery story, how much speculation do you get from readers about who is behind the murders?

How long is Ruler Breaker planned out to be?

Obviously this is a Dramione and they will eventually end up together, will Hermione and Theo still be spending quite a lot of time together before then?

Do Harry and Ron play a larger role further into the story?

Happy Writing!

-SR17

1envcw_zpsbe41df0a.png

*Amazing set by: SwissMiss@tda*

*New Story: Always (15+) Lily/Severus* *New Story: The Fates Design (M)* *Author Page (12+ -M)

#3 DarkRose

DarkRose

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

OH MY GOSH. SOMEONE ACTUALLY POSTED IN MY MTA.

I'm practically seizing from excitement right now, haha. I love you even more now!

Okay, so! Your questions.

What inspired me to write "Rule Breaker": Well, I've always loved Dramione, and I was really interested in attempting to write one that wasn't cliche. I saw a challenge on the forums that only specified that you should "try to write a non-cliché Dramione mystery in which there is a murder in Hogsmeade" or something like that. So, always up for challenges, I began. :) And now it's my favorite story that I've written!

What makes me like Theo so much: Oh, Theo! He's practically an OC, isn't he? We don't hear much about him in canon, so I pretty much started from scratch with him. I'd never written for him before, so I've really been making him up as I go. I think the reason I love him so much is that he is, in many ways, very similar to Draco, but in so, so many ways, he's different. To explain that: he grew up in a family where his father is a Death Eater, and he knows that that's his prospective future. But, converse from Draco, he doesn't embrace that. He's very critical of things, and he's definitely weighing his options when it comes to becoming a Death Eater. He thinks for himself, and I love that. In many ways, how I write Theo is how I wish Draco had been in canon. With Draco in fanfiction, I have to get him to a point where he rejects what the Death Eaters think, but with Theo, I can start there from the beginning.

How much speculation do I get about who's behind the murder: Well, you're definitely right, "Rule Breaker" is a murder-mystery. And I've never written a mystery before! A lot of reviewers begin to speculate about who's behind the murder after it occurs. And many (by which I mean, about 90%), think that it's Theo.

Spoiler

How long is "Rule Breaker" planned out to be: I'm really happy you asked this! As of about two days ago, I've finally planned the entire story out. I pulled up a Microsoft Word document and bullet-pointed everything that is going to happen before the end of the story. Currently, we're just past 53,000 words and 22 chapters that are written and posted. With my estimate, we're about half-way through. "Rule Breaker" will end at the end of the Hogwarts school year (end of June), and we're half-way through January right now. There will only be a few more "filler" chapters, it's almost non-stop action from here on out!

This is a Dramione and they will eventually end up together, will Hermione and Theo still be spending quite a lot of time together before then: I promise that Draco and Hermione do end up together in this story, but there are still several more chapters before that happens. For now, Theo and Hermione are very much a couple. They'll be together for a while still, but things are starting to get set up for Draco to step in. With all the action planned in the rest of the story, I think readers will be surprised how Draco and Hermione finally end up together. I encourage everyone to enjoy the relationship between Theo and Hermione while it lasts. Theo's a great guy, but he and Hermione will eventually break up.

Do Harry and Ron play a larger role further into the story: Harry and Ron are the bane of my existence as a fanfiction writer! They're so difficult to work with, especially since I ship Dramione! It's always difficult for me to balance their presence in a story. In "Rule Breaker," they are definitely there, and they're still hunting Horcruxes. The timeline of "Rule Breaker" vaguely follows the timeline of "Deathly Hallows." Harry and Ron are still present in the story and they are still friends with Hermione, but they're a little bit distanced since they have a different mission than her at the moment. As far as whether or not they play a huge part...well, they're trying to bring down Voldemort, while Hermione is trying to catch Death Eaters. The two goals intersect, but they don't always run parallel. They're in the story, but they're rarely front and center.

Thank you so, so, so much for your questions. Feel free to ask more if you have them. I'm more than willing to answer!

xxx,
Emily

2014sig_zps40cb21eb.gif

Emily

#4 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hey Emily,

I just have a few questions that popped up in my mind.

How did you think up Theo's personality? Is he based off someone you know in real life? What made you first think that Hermione and Theo could date?

Meg

2eqf4go.jpg

What is Love? (M) and Cold (M)

Credit for the awesome siggie and profile pic goes to SwissMiss @TDA

#5 DarkRose

DarkRose

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hey Meg!

I'm so happy to see you've got questions about the story. Always feel free to ask anything that comes to mind. :)

So, Theo! He's an interesting one, isn't he? And trying to answer your first question is actually pretty hard. How did I come up with his personality? Well, I can say that he, at least, isn't based off of anyone I know. I think that Theo is a character that I loved the idea of writing because he's got so much potential. As I told ScorpiusRose, I like to think of Theo as the..."good" Draco? Or rather, how I think Draco would have been if he had been more skeptical of the Death Eaters' ideas. I think Theo is the friend that we all wish we had. I have a few friends that are similar to him, I suppose, but none that are just like him. I love Theo because he's got so many really wonderful qualities, but he's not perfect. He's a nice guy, at heart, but he is a Slytherin. He's still cunning and ambitious, and he wonders if being a Death Eater will be the best way to succeed in life, but he still questions it. As I said before, I think he's a lot like Draco, but he never bought into the pureblood supremacy ideas, and that really makes him different. I love that.

Your second question! What made me think that Theo and Hermione should date? Well, from the beginning of "Rule Breaker," I knew I didn't want the story to turn into a cliche. Step one to avoid that was not making Draco Head Boy. So, I needed a different character. I still wanted him to be a Slytherin since I really wanted to handle a lot of ideas about House pride and clashing interests. But I knew I needed him to be obscure, because I didn't want to make Hermione and Crabbe best friends or something (also, no one would ever make Crabbe Head Boy, haha), but I didn't want to make him an OC. So, I settled on Theodore Nott. He's a canon character, but we really don't know much about him except a vague description and that his father is a Death Eater. The moment I started writing for him, though, I knew he had a lot of potential to be much more than a two-dimensional, mean Slytherin. And there's where I came up with another way to tackle cliches--I would set Hermione up with someone completely different to begin with. I didn't want her to be with Ron (not only because I really doubt I could write a believable Romione, but also because I wanted her to branch out as a character), and setting her up with Theo would really add a new dynamic to the story. So I put things into play and I made them friends at first. As time goes on and they get to know each other better, I think it's natural that feelings develop, and I really wanted to lean on that. So, that's how they ended up a couple! Eventually, of course, they will break up to make room for my deep love of Dramione, but for now, I really like where they are. Theo adds something to Hermione's character that I think is really important--he gives her a reason to want to fight for someone who may become a Death Eater. He shows her that his past doesn't necessarily define his future, and that's very important for when she befriends Draco.

I hope these answers help you! Feel free to ask anything else that comes to mind! I'm really happy you like the story, and thanks for dropping by!

--Emily

2014sig_zps40cb21eb.gif

Emily

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hello!

1. Why do you love Dramione so much?
2. What are some of your favourite Dramiones?
3. Had you been planning Rule Breaker for a while before you wrote so many chapters of it?
4. What do you like most about writing?
5. If you were in any house besides Ravenclaw, which would you be in?

That's all for now :) Happy answering!

standing in the way of the light by patronus_charm [M] and

Avalanche by maraudertimes [M] are great stories!

qt1OS5l.gif

:Gryffindor: ^Elenia is a Graphics Goddess^ :Gryffindor:

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#7 DarkRose

DarkRose

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

HI THERE! :D  You're so sweet for coming to ask me questions!

So, answers:

1. Why do you love Dramione so much?

Wow...this question. There are so many reasons, so I'm really sorry if I make you read a novel. First of all, I see so much potential in the relationship between Draco and Hermione. They both have to change significantly for this to work, but I really, really love writing that transition. They are both imperfect, but Draco even more so. He's been through so much in his life, and so much of it has been negative, and he's really bought into some awful prejudices. He believes pureblood ideals; he's a Death Eater; his parents, though loving, are quite overbearing; he doesn't have any real "friends," although he does have allies. He's flawed. And Hermione, though she has friends, isn't always wonderful at listening to others. She has the ability to really fall away from the people she loves if she loses herself in academics and her own stress. I think that together, the two of them can work through these flaws. Hermione helps introduce Draco to a side of Muggleborns which he hasn't known before--she can change his prejudices. She gives him someone to talk to, an actual friend. Draco gives Hermione a proper life away from academics. He's quieter than Harry and Ron, so he can connect to Hermione's introversion. So with the correct setup (which takes a while), the two of them can really work well. For me, that setup is very in-depth. You have to break down the prejudices that both characters have, and recreate a friendship between them. From that friendship, something more can bloom. And that is really, truly beautiful. It opens completely different doors for them, and I love that. Anyhow, I'll stop here because I'm getting ramble-y.

2. What are some of your favorite Dramiones?

Hmmm...this is tough. Like many people, the first I ever read was "Two to Tango" by dracofan22. I've now gone to my "Author's Favorite Stories" tab on the archives and checked for Dramiones, and these are the ones I've been particularly fond of over the years:

-"Time Stands Still" (15+) by somethingxwicked

-"Certain Dark Things" (M) by slayground

-"Above the Clouds" (M) by cathyyy

-"Safe" (M) by HogwartsGirl618

-"Bend or Break" (M) by charlottetrips

3. Had you been planning "Rule Breaker" for a while before you wrote so many chapters of it?

For a long time, I was just playing it by ear. After about chapter 22, I wrote a very vague outline of the rest of the story, and I've been following that as much as possible ever since. :)  It keeps me on track, but I still end up with filler chapters.

4. What do you like most about writing?

I don't know if I could choose just one thing, because I love everything about writing...but I adore the feelings I get from it, I suppose. I feel so free! And when I really get into it, it lets me create a world all my own, with characters of my own creation. I can create stories and let them fall into place. It's such an amazing experience, one that I wouldn't trade for the world.

5. If you were in any house besides Ravenclaw, which would you be in?

Hufflepuff, absolutely. I'm actually a Hufflepuff on Pottermore, but I'd been in Ravenclaw on these forums for a long time before Pottermore existed, so I can't bring myself to switch Houses. But I definitely love Hufflepuff and think that's where I'd actually be sorted. I'm very intellectual, but I think loyalty is more important than academics. :)  So maybe I'm a Huffleclaw. Or a Ravenpuff. Something like that.

2014sig_zps40cb21eb.gif

Emily

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dramione, Rule Breaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users