Why, hello there! This is DracoFerret11, here to talk about my writing, stories, etc.
Before we get started, here are a few things about me:
- My name is Emily.
- I have a deep passion for writing.
- I love to talk to people--if you have a question, feel more than free to ask it. There's no such thing as a stupid question!
- I respond to every review I receive, so if you leave a review for me, it will definitely get a prompt answer.
- I've been writing on HPFF for nearly eight years, so I frequently edit my old work to make it better.
On to the stories! All of my work can be found here at my Author's Page on HPFF. The stories there rank from 12+ all the way to Mature.
Of my 24 current stories:
- 2 are novels
- 1 is a short story
- 3 are song-fics
- 18 are one-shots
Starting with the novels, one of which is a "Work in Progress," the other of which is, sadly, "Abandoned":
- I'm Already There (M): This was my first novel, and my first love on HPFF. It follows the story of Draco and Hermione as, you guessed it, Head Boy and Girl. Yes, it's cliché, I know, but it was the product of my first attempts at writing when I was quite young. Sadly, it has been marked as abandoned. As of right now, I don't see how I can improve it to the standards at which I now write, and I may delete it before I ever actually have the time and ability to improve it.
- Rule Breaker (15+): PAY ATTENTION HERE, DARLINGS. Here's my current love! "Rule Breaker" began as a challenge piece and has evolved into one of the best stories I've posted on HPFF. It's the story of Hermione as Head Girl and Theodore Nott as Head Boy and the challenges they face in a world where Voldemort is at large outside of the castle. It disregards some things from Deathly Hallows, but I love it. Draco, of course, is there, and looking suspicious, especially when a murder occurs in Hogsmeade. Is he the culprit? Read it and find out!
Time to check out my only short-story:
- Permanence (12+): This was something new for me. It was written for a challenge; it's completed; and I'm actually pretty fond of it. It's a story about Lucius and Narcissa's relationship, from start to finish. It's a non-canon love story from the other side of the battle. If you're interested in that, I'd love to know what you think!
On to the song-fics, all of which are completed:
- Who You'd Be Today (12+): This is a very old song-fic, the first I ever wrote. It's a story to Kenny Chesney's song "Who You'd Be Today" and centers around, of course, Draco and Hermione. Hermione was killed in the final battle against Voldemort, and Draco goes to her grave to remember their happy moments, even though she's gone.
- Do You Believe Me Now? (12+): This is a story to the song "Do You Believe Me Now?" by Jimmy Wayne. It's about Draco and Hermione, post-Hogwarts. They're together and happy, but a few poorly-timed fights send Hermione running from Draco, straight into Ron's arms. This is the story of how Draco deals with all of that.
- Let it All Out (12+): My most "recent" song-fic, to Relient K's "Let it All Out" is a story about Draco ranting to Hermione about people's expectations for him. They have to figure out where to go from there, after, surprisingly, Hermione understands him perfectly.
And now we hit the one-shots, all completed:
- 'Til Death Do We Part (15+): This is one of my oldest stories on HPFF. It's the story of Hermione's battle with a terminal illness and how she must say her goodbyes to Draco and their daughter. It's not the best thing I've ever written, by far, but I like to think it's a sweet story.
- Despite Our Differences (12+): This is a fluffy one-shot that actually focuses around Pansy Parkinson. It was a challenge piece, I think. It's about Pansy meeting a new student named Christian and trying to sort out her feelings for him. There's drama and humor and snowball fights, and it's generally just a good time.
- Hear Me Out (15+): Here's another challenge piece. It's actually about Pansy as well. This time, Pansy and Blaise. It was in response to a "Seven Things I Hate About You" challenge, and it still makes me smile. If you're looking for something a bit different, this might fit the bill.
- Happy New Year, Hermione Granger (12+): This is one of my favorite stories that I've written. It's about Luna's New Year's party where Hermione encounters an old...enemy? She and Draco talk while the clock ticks down to midnight, and the new year starts in a very unexpected way.
- Glorious (12+): A completely fluffy story about Victoire and Teddy meeting up after a period of separation. Cutesy and lovey-dovey, if that's your style.
- Sirius Black: Matchmaker Extraordinaire (12+): Sirius plots to get Lily and James together. It's just a silly one-shot with a goofy teenage-Sirius who loves mischief and matchmaking.
- Savior (12+): I truly cannot explain how much I adore this story. It's the second shortest story I've ever written...but I love it unconditionally. It's about Draco and Hermione meeting up during the final battle of Hogwarts. He saves her life and their opinions of each other change forever.
- Those Three Words (12+): This is one of only two attempts that I've ever made at next-gen. It's a cutesy story about Scorpius and Rose finally telling everyone that they've been together for over two and a half years.
- As the Rain Falls (12+): Another of my absolute favorites, this story is about Hermione and Draco meeting at a park to talk before Draco goes on the run. Hermione knows he isn't a killer, but it breaks her heart to watch him walk away, even if it's his only choice.
- From Ashes We Rise (12+): A story about Hermione and George after Fred's death. George is having a lot of trouble dealing with the loss of his twin, but with Hermione's help, that might change.
- All I Have Left (15+): My first attempt at Founders-era. This is a story about Rowena Ravenclaw and how she came to own her diadem. It's the story of love, loss, and anguish as the young woman's life changes forever.
- In and Out of Love (12+): This story is about Ron and Hermione falling out of love, and Hermione falling in love with someone completely different...Yes, it's Draco, I know that you know.
- Requiem and Resurrection (12+): This story is about George dealing with Fred's death alongside his best friend, Angelina Johnson. He encounters the Mirror of Erised, but will he look into it with all his fears of what he'll see?
- Something Good (12+): This was a challenge piece about de-cliché-ing the plot of a transfer student coming to Hogwarts. So, Olivia comes from Canada and tries to adjust at Hogwarts. It's fairly fluffy, if you'd like to check it out.
- Task One Challenge: A Nightmare (12+): This is a one-shot written for the House Cup 2012 about Cho Chang facing her inner demons. This is the only time I've ever written for her, so let me know how I did!
- The Final Journey (12+): This is about Fawkes coping with the death of his best friend and companion, Dumbledore. It takes place at the end of Half-Blood Prince and was written for the House Cup 2013. I hear that it makes people cry...but I hope you like it!
- Eighteen Pleats (15+): This story is a historical-fiction piece written for two challenges (the Supernatural Creatures Challenge which it won 2nd place in and the MacGuffin Challenge). It chronicles the experience of my OC, Aixa de la Monte, as she sets out on a mission which ends in tragedy. I'm really proud of it if you'd like to read it and let me know how I did!
- For Her (12+): This was also written for two challenges (the Crack!Ship & Rare Pairings Challenge and the Instrumental Song Challenge). It's the unrequited-love story of Antonin Dolohov and Hermione and tells Dolohov's thoughts as he sits in his cell in Azkaban.
At last! The end of this very, very long post! I hope you've read a couple of my stories, and I hope you check out and enjoy the ones you haven't read. Please, feel free to ask me anything you'd like. I'm open for all questions.
Thanks so much for your time! Take care!
Edited by DarkRose, 16 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.