39 replies to this topic

#16 MaryJane99

MaryJane99

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

I'm not sure if I could imagine Neville as headmaster of Hogwarts. He's just never struck me as the ambitious type. He may have the potential to be the head though, one day. He is after all, already part of the staff. ;)
Posted Image
Credit to PheonixAlthor
http://harrypotterfa...?showuid=209713 ~This is the link to my stories. I will add more.
Call me Dee or my username. Thanks.

#17 DeanAndPansy

DeanAndPansy

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

Eh. Maybe. I don't really like the idea.

I see Neville as Herbology prof, which is canon, but I can't see him has headmaster..

I think it would be cool for Pavarti or Lavender to be the next Divination professor, and Cho could do Transfigurations or something like that. For some reason I see Dean Thomas as the Care of magical creatures teacher.. I don't know why.

But neville as headmaster? I don't like it. But I'm a Slytherin. So I'm biased.
I'm almost too awkward to function..
My challenge; please join! ϟ Meh Stories.[15+] ϟ icon by a muffin. :]

#18 TheSilverKey

TheSilverKey

New student

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

I think Neville would take such good care of the students as Headmaster and could imagine him doing so as he got older. His confidence really did grow by the end of the war which would open up the possibility much more.

#19 Jade.Sterling

Jade.Sterling

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Aww, Neville would be so sweet as Headmaster. However, I don't see him as quite so ambitious to go after that particular title, I imagine he is just fine and cozy as a Herbology teacher. :)

Posted Image

Only Power Remains {M}

Tom Riddle/OC

**Thanks to Rollerblades @TDA for my lovely sig!**

#20 June Knight

June Knight

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

I would so love if Neville as headmaster! But I don't think he would step up to the plate, he would be good, but I think he would prefer being Herbology teacher. It's a really cute idea though and I would if it was true

Posted Image

This is a pretty set. This pretty set was made by Sherlock @TDA. Now be jealous.

HPFF (12+)

#21 MrsJaydeMalfoy

MrsJaydeMalfoy

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

I agree that Neville would make an excellent headmaster. As someone said earlier, he really did become more comfortable in his skin by the end of the series. After fighting Voldemort, he should have no problem managing Hogwarts. As someone else said, he reminds me a bit of Dumbledore - he's smart, and I'm sure he'd do whatever it takes to defend the students/the school.

TeamLunaDiggorySig_zpsfa305bac.gif

Amazing forums set by LightLeviosa5443@TDA!

My Stories (15+ - M)MTA (12+)

#22 CambAngst

CambAngst

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well, since Neville is Headmaster in my main WIP, I guess you could say that it works for me. ;-) But he is in his 60's in my story. The world in general is very different by then. 40 years of peace and prosperity and all that. But Neville still has that boldness and loyalty that allowed him to kill Nagini.

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore
My Author Page (stories range from 15+ to M) - My MTA Page (12+)
Posted Image

#23 simplelullaby

simplelullaby

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Well, McGonagall retires (according to Pottermore) in
Spoiler
so anytime after that the spot would be open. Since Neville was already there it's entirely reasonable to think he might be Headmaster. He's the only teacher we'd still know there, because most of the others were really old in Harry's time, and it really would be nice if he was. He's such a nice guy, one of my favourite characters and he does have really good traits pointing towards him being a great leader.

I've got him as Headmaster in my WIP and so far he's...okay at it. :p
"Someday, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again." (C.S. Lewis)
HPFF (12+) - New Marauders Fanfic Hear us Roar (M)
My very own Review Thread (12+) and every single little tiddly review (12+) I've ever written!

#24 MissMuggle

MissMuggle

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I think Neville definitely could become Headmaster. He's grown up a lot from that forgetful boy in the Sorcerer's Stone. He's a war hero, he destroyed a Horcrux and lead Dumbledore's Army in his seventh year. If he can take initiative and lead rebelling students that sucessfully, I think he would make a great Headmaster, with official leadership. We know he's a teacher and so there's a good possibility at least. When McGonagall eventually retires, I see Neville as stepping up.

set by Snoopy

Posted Image

Writing Exercise Challenge Winners: Splintered Roses(M) Heartache in Hogsmeade(15+) Their Trip to Gringotts(M)

#25 BambiScott

BambiScott

New student

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

I agree Neville as Headmaster would rock but I can only picture him in his 50-70's as headmaster say after Hannah dies or something. Then he could take on somewhat of a Dumbledore role. But they way I see headmaster's (but I know this is wrong) is that they have no children so I would hate to do that to Neville.

#26 cupcake_addict

cupcake_addict

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

I definitely see Neville as the headmaster of Hogwarts. I think he would be perfect for the job.

stories (mature) | review thread (twelve plus) | HPFF blog (twelve plus) icons by mallowz@lj

#27 RosieQueen

RosieQueen

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

I think Mcgonagall would have been headmistress for a long time, like around the next-generation kids' time, until she died. Then Neville would become headmaster to replace her. That's just my thought. :)

go ravenclaw!

Stories (15+ to M)  |  TDA Gallery (15+) | icon by somuch @tda

#28 megthechef43

megthechef43

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I think it is extremely possibly for Neville to become the Headmaster of Hogwarts. He has so many great qualities that would make him an excellent Headmaster. He is quiet, patient, brave and he is a war hero which I'm sure would help him if Headmaster was his ambition. Neville would be a great option.

2eqf4go.jpg

What is Love? (M) and Cold (M)

Credit for the awesome siggie and profile pic goes to SwissMiss @TDA

#29 EchoHeart

EchoHeart

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'd certainly like to see Neville as headmaster! I think he'd be fantastic as one. And why not? JK has made his a herbology teacher, so I certainly think he could get a promotion.

#30 juvenilejessie

juvenilejessie

First Year

• Prefect
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

To be totally honest I don't think he would pursue a career as headmaster. I'd
like to think he'd like something a bit quieter, Head of Gryffindor house, certainly,
but I'm not so sure about Headmaster. I like the idea, that someone suggested
on the first page that Neville would be offered the position, and would of course
be flustered and a bit 'Why me?' about the request.

But than there's another part of mind that thinks, maybe, when he's aged a bit
(or a lot), maybe he would be a good Head Master - I just don't imagine that he
personally would go after it. I imagine if he ever did, he got volun'told.

:p

tda (12+) + hpff (12+ ) + hppc (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users