39 replies to this topic

#1 Coley

Coley

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

As we know, but the time the next-gen kids go to Hogwarts, the teachers we all know and love have retired. There are an abundance of characters one could use for professors and such, but that still leavers the space of Headmaster/Headmistress.

So, do you think Neville could step up to the role?

sXRIrly.gif

coley

stories 15+

#2 Phoenix_Flames

Phoenix_Flames

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

I have always thought Neville would have been an absolutely brilliant headmaster. While we know this hasn't happened at least nineteen years after Deathly Hallows, who isn't to say that he will one day become Headmaster? I think he very well could and would do a brilliant job at it.

I've come to realize that in my stories before the completion of DH, I always gave Neville the more step-up roles. In one he is indeed Headmaster. In another he is Minister of Magic, and sometimes I wish JKR would have given him that role rather than the Herbology teacher.

He stepped up so much further and further as the Harry Potter story progressed, so yes. I would like to see him stepping up even after the epilogue. :)

THE STORIES [12+-M]

144705z.gif

set by emmaweasley!

#3 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

We know that Neville is Herbology Professor when Albus Potter starts Hogwarts, but I think it's quite possible that he could become Headmaster later on in his career. :)

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#4 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Totally agreed with Phoenix_Flames. He might have and has the potential to proceed from the post of Herbology teacher to the Headmaster of Hogwarts.... and maybe even much later in life as the Minister for Magic, because he's level headed and wouldn't become some power-driven like Fudge did after becoming Minister. I think Neville does have it in him to take on the post. Especially headmaster, he could definitely be so :)

A Proud Slytherin | My HPFF stories (12+ to M

WISTFUL_zps5db1ea1b.gif

Sig Set by Wistful

#5 Georgia Weasley

Georgia Weasley

Minister for Awesome

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Neville really became comfortable in his own skin by the end of the series. He would make a great Headmaster someday, and now that you mention it, probably a fantastic Minister. He would be similar to Dumbledore in the fact that he would never be one to seek power for his own use. Neville has a need within him to do what is right, even if it sometimes doesn't make him popular. (Remember Sorcerer's Stone?) He steps up and does the hard thing nobody else will or can do. He is not swayed by promises or torture. He loves wholeheartedly and is loyal to the end. As an older man, he'd be the perfect choice for Headmaster.

signature-1.jpg

Sig by MissMachineArt at Deviant Art

My Author Page (12+ to M)

#6 megan2u

megan2u

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I personally don't see Neville as being ambitious enough to actively pursue the headmaster role. But I could totally see him being nominated for the position and very flustered/embarrassed. But, I don't see him as a young headmaster, so only when he's older (in his 60s or 70s), like Georgia Weasley.

Posted Image

From Millarz

#7 Georgia Weasley

Georgia Weasley

Minister for Awesome

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

I know you totally didn't mean it this way, but

so only when he's older (in his 60s or 70s), like Georgia Weasley.

I'm old, honey, but not THAT old!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

signature-1.jpg

Sig by MissMachineArt at Deviant Art

My Author Page (12+ to M)

#8 bedella

bedella

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

I know you totally didn't mean it this way, but

I'm old, honey, but not THAT old!:rotflol::rotflol::rotflol:

:rotflol: lol, that made my day :)

I could definitely see Neville as headmaster, it's a wonderful idea. Especially once he's older, he would be very wise. Perhaps like Dumbledore?

#9 madkatrob

madkatrob

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

I would love to see Neville as Headmaster some day :D He's such a good and loyal person, and I bet he'd be pretty wise and stuff like that. But probably not until he's older, as a lot of people are saying. That way he'd have more time to prep, maybe get a bit better at magic... :p

#10 DarkRose

DarkRose

Members

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I think Neville would be a brilliant Headmaster, and not necessarily just when he's older.

First off, I think Neville as a teacher is a great idea. I love Jo Rowling for giving him the Herbology position. I've definitely thought that when he took that position, he also took over as Head of Gryffindor. I think McGonagall was Headmistress after the war, but she was old, right? So it's conceivable that she could have passed away eventually, leaving the position of Headmaster up for grabs.

I definitely think Neville would be in the forerunning for the job, since he really is so loyal and just (as someone pointed out above). I don't think he would campaign for the job, no, but I think he would accept it if offered to him. And his age doesn't really affect that. He seems more than qualified to me. :)

House Cup set by patronus_charm @ TDA

2014sig_zps40cb21eb.gif

Emily

Rule Breaker (15+), HPFF , MTA

#11 ThePhoenix1793

ThePhoenix1793

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

I have Neville as Headmaster in my fic! I thought he would be brilliant for it. He's a little quirky, like Dumbledore and the Next Gen kids could get away with a heck of a lot.

Basically repeating what everyone else has said, I think he is very qualified!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Genesis [M] Meet the Author [12+]

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." - The Doctor ♥

#12 JenniTheSquib

JenniTheSquib

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

I see him as Head of Gryffindor for sure, right from the start, and after several years I'm sure he could've stepped up to Headmaster. He's definitely qualified for the position and would make a great Headmaster :) One of the toughest parts of NextGen fics is deciding who the teachers are, as most of them would likely have retired.

#13 moonmarauder

moonmarauder

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Most teachers would have eventually retired sooner or later so i definitely think Neville could be Headmaster. Once McGonagall was Head i think he's be Head of Gryffindor then when she went he would replace her :) it's Neville so everyone would love him too. i think he's a lot like Dumbledore aswell.. or is that just me? So yeah Neville for Headmaster !!

#14 the midnight avenger

the midnight avenger

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

I personally don't see Neville as being ambitious enough to actively pursue the headmaster role. But I could totally see him being nominated for the position and very flustered/embarrassed.

Totally agree with you on this point! I can definelty see everyone wanting him to take up the role, but I don't think it's actually something he'd go after himself.

Also, when first seeing this topic, I just got a mental image of Neville with a long white beard, sitting in the headmaster's office swinging the sword of Gryffindor around all day while making lightsaber noises. Although, maybe that's just what I'd do if I were headmaster :p

Edited by the midnight avenger, 27 November 2011 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

bloody brilliant sig by AstoriaViana @TDA

HPFF (12+)

#15 SilentConfession

SilentConfession

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:44 AM

Hehehe, i can definitely imagine Neville having air fights with the sword of Gryffindor when he thinks no one is watching (or fighting the armour), then realize people are and get flustered and try to be professional and the like. I can almost see him taking on certain traits of Moody "Constant Vigilance".

I think that Neville would be a good Headmaster, whether he'd come after McGonagall or not, i'm not so sure, maybe head of Gryffindor first, than Deputy headmaster then headmaster. Maybe someone would come between the two. I can sort of imagine Neville being almost chosen after her but then they decide to use someone else before he get's the position or he turns it down the first time it was offered. Not sure why that's what i feel, maybe because i'd imagine him a bit older, in his 50's before he gets the position.

set by emmaweasley TBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation.gif

Let me tell you a story (12+-M)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users