Purity Always Conquers (15+)

Crushed Butterflies (M)

--

CURRENT PROJECTS:

Post Scriptum (M)

Diamonds into Coal (M)

--

Questions?

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 16 February 2013 - 12:43 AM.
Requested

stories (12+ to M)
devilry_sig_zpse7e33c8b.png
fantastic set by easterlies@TDA

#2 AngelofDoe

AngelofDoe

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

Hey, here's some questions.

1. What's your favourite era? Why?
2. Who's your favourite character to write? Why?
3. Favourite hp book? Why?
4. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Gryffindor?

Red, Rotting Apples

Posted Image

- One-Shot - Sirius/Dorcas - 15+ - Image by BitterSweetFlames @ TDA -

-

Andy's the name

Writing's the game

- STORIES - MTA -

#3 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

Hey there! Great questions.

1.) Tough one. I think I've got to go with post-Hogwarts. I'm intensely interested in how everyone fared in those years J.K. left out of the book, particularly considering the heavy toll of the war.

2.) Another toughie. It always comes down to Severus and Draco, and if I had to pick between them, I think I'd go with Sev. He's easily the most complex character in the series, at least in my opinion, and I think you develop a very deep feeling of sympathy for him, even before the bombshell from Book 7. I almost feel a need to write him, just so he gets a better hand out of it all!

3.) Prisoner of Azkaban. We met some of my favorite characters (Sirius and Remus) and I liked how the plot only indirectly involved Voldemort.

4.) Ravenclaw. I'm one of those people who could just be a student forever. There's always something new to learn, and I can appreciate a house that prizes such a quality.

stories (12+ to M)

#4 pixileanin

pixileanin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

You want questions? I've got one:

What do you think Snape's favorite potion is, and why?

QiLjOhD.gif

Super banner sent by Elenia!

JOIN IN ON MY WEIRDNESS

Rabbit Heart (15+) -  NextGen with (not so fluffy) rodents

My Other Stories (12+ to M) 

#5 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

You want questions? I've got one:

What do you think Snape's favorite potion is, and why?

Ooh, GREAT question. That one is very difficult (and I'd like to know what you and others would answer, out of curiosity). I think I have to go with Veritaserum. He threatens Harry with it multiple times, and I think it's because he's got a very strong internal desire to see people he perceives to be "fakes" or "frauds" thrown out into the spotlight for what or who they truly are. I mean, his whole life is a picture of injustice, and what better way to turn the tables on those who seem to have been treated more kindly by fate? For example, I think he would get much delight out of forcing it down the throat of James or Sirius and having them tell everyone about the cruel things they did to him as schoolchildren.

I also think Veritaserum is a metaphor for Snape in a way (-is run over with one shot plunny-). Think about it... it's basically undetectable, and it gets at the truth in people, similar to the way that Snape very covertly got information that was normally privileged to Voldemort and the Death Eaters and passed it on to the Order.

stories (12+ to M)

#6 pixileanin

pixileanin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Okay, that was too easy... lemme think of another one...

Since writing Mr. Snape in Disgusted, have your opinions about him changed any, now that you've had to ponder getting into his head a bit? And how did you find the experience of pondering Snape's character so closely? Was it difficult? Did you feel like you had to bend the popular assumptions about him to make him fit into your story?

QiLjOhD.gif

JOIN IN ON MY WEIRDNESS

#7 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

Okay, that was too easy... lemme think of another one...

Since writing Mr. Snape in Disgusted, have your opinions about him changed any, now that you've had to ponder getting into his head a bit? And how did you find the experience of pondering Snape's character so closely? Was it difficult? Did you feel like you had to bend the popular assumptions about him to make him fit into your story?

Another great set of questions. I'm afraid I'm a bit confused, though -- do you mean Tobias, Severus or both (in various parts of the question)?

stories (12+ to M)

#8 pixileanin

pixileanin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Ahh, I didn't mean to be confusing. I was referring to Severus Snape.

QiLjOhD.gif

JOIN IN ON MY WEIRDNESS

#9 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

Got it, no problem :)

Since writing Mr. Snape in Disgusted, have your opinions about him changed any, now that you've had to ponder getting into his head a bit?
I suppose I feel more sympathy for Severus than ever before, although I always thought he deserved pity from JKR's readers. By writing him as someone who ends up with a girl that Sirius originally seemed to care about, I felt like I was giving him a little bit of retaliation for the way the Marauders treated him. I just really wanted him to have a chance at a happy ending.

And how did you find the experience of pondering Snape's character so closely? Was it difficult?
It was intimidating. I think Snape is very hard to write, and I applaud the authors I've reviewed who have been successfully able to keep him in canon. I definitely didn't want to mess him up.

Did you feel like you had to bend the popular assumptions about him to make him fit into your story?
I feel like Snape has a million layers, and whenever I write him, I end up feeling like there's a ton of stuff I didn't even get into with his character. With Disgusted, I tried to focus on the fact that he's a human being with good qualities and bad ones, not just a guy who's usually in a bad mood. I figured that he would be a nicer person around someone he cares about, much like he was when he and Lily first became friends. Some people may consider that to be taking him way out of canon, and I accept that I did some of that, but I certainly had my reasons.

stories (12+ to M)

#10 pixileanin

pixileanin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

One more...

Do you consider yourself a canon writer, and if so, do you have that "one little thing" that you wish was different in canon?

QiLjOhD.gif

JOIN IN ON MY WEIRDNESS

#11 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

One more...

Do you consider yourself a canon writer, and if so, do you have that "one little thing" that you wish was different in canon?

Yet another toughie! :) Sort of. I love my AU stories, even though I try to keep as much in canon as possible, but when I write real canon, I'm very proud of my work. If I were to choose one thing, I think it would have to be Sirius's death. I think it would have been wonderful to explore the growth of his relationship with Harry, even if it meant Harry didn't grow up so fast on his own. I mean, I understand that Harry taking the reins for himself was pretty important for his defeat of Voldemort, but gosh darn it, he and Sirius were just so adorable together :(

stories (12+ to M)

#12 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hey there! I just read 1 chapter of 1 story of yours and I realized you're a great writer :D

Here are a few questions:

1) If you could pick one, and only one, person to spend the entire day with, out of the characters (not cast), who would it be and why?

2) You get stuck on an eleven hour plane ride with Tom Felton, What do you talk about, up there in first class?

3) The sorting hat has placed you in Hufflepuff, instead of Slytherin, how do you respond to the Horrid thing?

4) Favourite movie, other than HP, that features one of the HP cast as a main or minor character?

5) Hated Pairing? One you can't read or write about.

6) Favourite pairing? One you adore read and write about.

7) How did you start over at the Archive?

8) Which is your favorite book out of all HP books and which is your favorite movie out of all HP movies?

A Proud Slytherin | My stories (12+ to M

DyPdhck.png

Sig Set by 365kate.

#13 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hey there! I just read 1 chapter of 1 story of yours and I realized you're a great writer :D

Here are a few questions:

1) If you could pick one, and only one, person to spend the entire day with, out of the characters (not cast), who would it be and why?

2) You get stuck on an eleven hour plane ride with Tom Felton, What do you talk about, up there in first class?

3) The sorting hat has placed you in Hufflepuff, instead of Slytherin, how do you respond to the Horrid thing?

4) Favourite movie, other than HP, that features one of the HP cast as a main or minor character?

5) Hated Pairing? One you can't read or write about.

6) Favourite pairing? One you adore read and write about.

7) How did you start over at the Archive?

8) Which is your favorite book out of all HP books and which is your favorite movie out of all HP movies?

Oh my, so many questions! I love being queried :) Thank you!

1) That's a tough one. Probably either Remus or Lily (Evans). They both seem like nice people who'd have good conversation skills and a good attitude about life.

2) Well, I can't imagine there'd be much talking, at least not if I had my way... *ahem* Oddly enough, probably normal stuff, like television shows, the weather, etc. He just seems like such a normal, down-to-earth guy, and he might appreciate not having someone ask him if people mistake him for Draco Malfoy often.

3) Well, I may be a wee bit disappointed, but at the same time, Hufflepuff is known for loyalty and hard work, right? I mean, those are perfectly admirable characteristics.

4) I'm a huge fan of Gary Oldman in the new Batman series. Also, anything and everything Alan Rickman has ever done. Seriously, I would sit and watch him read the dictionary.

5) I like to consider myself fairly open-minded, but I find it hard to stomach Snape/Hermione. I mean, honestly, in what universe would that feasibly happen? (No offense to shippers.)

6) Severus/Lily. I couldn't fathom it when I first read the last book, but now I actively seek out stories with them as a pairing. They just make my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. I've actually got a challenge entry coming out in the very near future with them in it, and I'm fairly proud of it, so be sure to look for it if you enjoy reading about them as well.

7) It was a result of my PPD (Post-Potter Depression). I originally wrote over at FF.net, though I can't remember my username and would probably be quite embarrassed if anyone read my early stuff now. Anyway, I was getting very down with the release of Pt. 2 coming out, just as I had when the last book came out, and I was desperate for a cure. I googled "harry potter fanfiction" and this site came up, and now I'm never looking back :) I've carried my first two stories around in my head for years and now they've been properly written, thank goodness.

8) My favorite book is Prisoner of Azkaban (Sirius and Remus, two of my favorite characters, were introduced in it, and for once the plot wasn't all about thwarting Voldemort directly). My favorite film is Half-Blood Prince, which most people seem to hate but I love because Tom Felton and Alan Rickman got to shine more properly in it. I do love me a good villain :)

stories (12+ to M)

#14 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Oh my, so many questions! I love being queried Posted Image Thank you!

1) That's a tough one. Probably either Remus or Lily (Evans). They both seem like nice people who'd have good conversation skills and a good attitude about life.

2) Well, I can't imagine there'd be much talking, at least not if I had my way... *ahem* Oddly enough, probably normal stuff, like television shows, the weather, etc. He just seems like such a normal, down-to-earth guy, and he might appreciate not having someone ask him if people mistake him for Draco Malfoy often.

3) Well, I may be a wee bit disappointed, but at the same time, Hufflepuff is known for loyalty and hard work, right? I mean, those are perfectly admirable characteristics.

4) I'm a huge fan of Gary Oldman in the new Batman series. Also, anything and everything Alan Rickman has ever done. Seriously, I would sit and watch him read the dictionary.

5) I like to consider myself fairly open-minded, but I find it hard to stomach Snape/Hermione. I mean, honestly, in what universe would that feasibly happen? (No offense to shippers.)

6) Severus/Lily. I couldn't fathom it when I first read the last book, but now I actively seek out stories with them as a pairing. They just make my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. I've actually got a challenge entry coming out in the very near future with them in it, and I'm fairly proud of it, so be sure to look for it if you enjoy reading about them as well.

7) It was a result of my PPD (Post-Potter Depression). I originally wrote over at FF.net, though I can't remember my username and would probably be quite embarrassed if anyone read my early stuff now. Anyway, I was getting very down with the release of Pt. 2 coming out, just as I had when the last book came out, and I was desperate for a cure. I googled "harry potter fanfiction" and this site came up, and now I'm never looking back Posted Image I've carried my first two stories around in my head for years and now they've been properly written, thank goodness.

8) My favorite book is Prisoner of Azkaban (Sirius and Remus, two of my favorite characters, were introduced in it, and for once the plot wasn't all about thwarting Voldemort directly). My favorite film is Half-Blood Prince, which most people seem to hate but I love because Tom Felton and Alan Rickman got to shine more properly in it. I do love me a good villain Posted Image

Great answers :D ....wow favorite film HBP? I loved that Alan and Tom got to shine in that but I still didn't like the filming. Anyways... I have 1 more question:

What do you think was Snape's patronus before it turned into a doe and why?

A Proud Slytherin | My stories (12+ to M

DyPdhck.png

Sig Set by 365kate.

#15 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

What do you think was Snape's patronus before it turned into a doe and why?

I actually just gave my opinion on this matter in another topic, so I'll just copy and paste :)

I would initially think that it would be a snake of some kind, since I've always assumed that one of the big reasons he joined up with Voldemort was to seek out protection from people like the Marauders and his parents and to foster his magical skill into making himself an intimidating force against them. But he would have joined up after meeting and falling in love with Lily. Thus, I'm inclined to think that his patronus was always a doe, since patronuses cannot usually be conjured for the first time until one is almost done with Hogwarts as it is.

stories (12+ to M)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users