Photo

HP Movies remake/revamp in 30 years+?Will they ever retell the tale?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 silverstarletworld

silverstarletworld

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

HP Movies revamp 30 years +?

So the films of Harry Potter are almost over :cry: and they have kept us entertained now for over a decade now. But I was wondering if you think whether in 30 years+ they would ever revamp it and retell the tale of the boy wizard?

Over the years revamps of old films have been resurrected and presented today in the new era, so I was wondering if you think that they would ever do this for Harry Potter?

I know re-creating seven movies again could be quite challenging and very expensive, but if it is still as big as it is today many years down the line, what is stopping them from redoing the films, as they would still make money?

We have all seen the good old school films with the blatantly obvious backdrop and the hilarious special effects, and I could imagine many years down the line my kids complaining about having to watch the Harry Potter movies again in 2D and on an old school DVD player, while laughing at the old school film techniques (as by then everyone would probably have their own personal 3D visual effect machine that they would watch TV and films on or something like that lol :rolleyes: ).

And we can see how the Harry Potter movies have improved from the first one to the current day and how technology has improved (and that was just over 10 years), so I am sure if they had the chance to make it bigger, better and more spectacular they would jump at the chance...right :blink: ?

A fresh new cast and effects to make things even more magical.

Nothing will ever take the brilliance of the first movies but maybe this time it would be the chance for them to include something that was actually in the books into the movies and make sure Harry Potter's magic continues.

I would love to know if you think they would ever try and remake the movies again :) .

Edited by silverstarletworld, 10 May 2011 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

<3 L.U.S.H set by justonemorefic <3

#2 leannemariesnape

leannemariesnape

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

Yes, I definately think they will. But, I'm wondering if they wont be in 8 films like it is now. Maybe it would be in the style of Tim Burtons Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice in Wonderland?
Like getting the story basically the same, but making it slightly different- eg with Alice In Wonderland when the two books are combined?
Maybe, it would be better to just stay true to the books, though. To be honest, I would probably be one of those old people complaining that the original was better :p

I wrote a Sco/Rose novella one time:

BSHEEP.jpg

Black Sheep (M)

#3 GillyweedFan

GillyweedFan

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

I've always pondered this! I'm pretty sure they will re create the franchise of the movies like they've done with countless other films! It's just too big of an oppurtunity for film-makers to miss, even though the re makes would suck! xD

#4 ToujoursPadfoot

ToujoursPadfoot

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

My guess is that someday they would be more likely to create a television show, rather than more movies. Never say never, but I kind of anticipate a television show first. Not necessarily with Harry in it - perhaps the next generation. I would watch that, but it would probably turn out soap-y.

My HPFF (12+)

z8b3EP3.png

Amazing set by TenthWeasley @ TDA

#5 silverstarletworld

silverstarletworld

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

Yeah I agree, that I would prbably be one of those people that would say the orginal was better :yes: . But I would love to see the things they would do differently and what they would include the next time round. I agree that the possbility of a Television programme is probably likely, although I don't know what era they would choose to focus on, though I would love it to be about next generation :woot: . I think it would be nice if they remade the films though :sweat:

Posted Image

<3 L.U.S.H set by justonemorefic <3

#6 Snapdragons

Snapdragons

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

I dunno... I sort of don't want them to remake it, only because the films are pretty classic. Sure, they're not always totally true to the book... but overall, I think they've done a pretty good job. And for me.. Dan and Rupert and Emma are my Trio. I can't see anyone else anymore and I don't think I ever could/want to. Something are better left alone. ^-^ (Also, I'm really really bad with change... haha, so the idea of messing with a childhood staple doesn't sit well with me!)

A TV program could be cool... especially next gen. I don't think the Trio's story could be told as well through that medium... But next gen would be awesome! :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
icons by lightrobber @ lj
and we'll all float on
hpff [12+]|mta [12+]

#7 pennyardelle

pennyardelle

The Eloquent Bard

• Prefect
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

I think they probably will at least try to remake the movies at some point, but what I wonder about is finding the actors who will be willing to devote so much time to the same roles. It seems to me like the producers/studio/whoever got very lucky in finding three actors to play the main roles who were happy to continue playing those roles for such a long time—and, not only that, but who also ended up looking at least close to descriptions of their physical counterparts, even though a decade went by! :laugh: It really is remarkable to me that they managed to hang on to pretty much all of the actors they originally cast over such a long period of time, and I wonder if movie-makers in the future would be so lucky. Personally, I really feel it would be a stain on the series of movies if they had to change any of the regular characters partway through.

I wouldn't mind seeing a series of films where they really prioritized sticking to the plot of the books, though—I think they tried their best, but missed the mark hugely at times. It would also be interesting to see how the series of films would turn out if they were all made with the same director, rather than switching around so much.

For all my complaining about the original series, I'm sure I'll grow to appreciate it much more if there's ever a remake, because I just don't think it could live up to it. :p And if it does, I'll be thrilled!

set by justonemorefic @ TDA
Posted Image

{those who have thrice defied him}
^author page (OotP, US ed., 841)^

#8 blueirony

blueirony

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

I wouldn't be surprised that someone out there might try and make a series of TV-movie type things where they really try to stick to the books as closely as possible. Whether it will work, I don't know.

The thing about Harry Potter is that, even after the films, we all have our own images of what all the characters and the scenes look like so there is no end to the number of interpretations a director could take.

I would hate to see a teen drama made about the Next Generation. I could definitely see it happen but I would hate it. Hopefully JKR doesn't let people do that!

I think they probably will do a 30+ year remake. I don't know if they'll go through all the 7 books, but maybe just focus on Harry's later years and get to the point where he defeats Voldemort really quickly without too much backstory with going into all the years and then just condense it all into one movie? I know I will watch. I probably won't like it. But I will watch. :p

Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story. - Tim O'Brien

penssigwwhitespaces.png

read my stories | ask me a question | request a review

#9 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

I bet they do a remake. They remake everything. I actually kind of like the idea, although if it takes 30 years I might be too old to enjoy it :rotflol: Or it could turn out to be like the Star Wars new trilogy :yucky:

I like the idea of it being redone as a tv series. Maybe HBO will take it on someday. That would be pretty cool.

#10 aiedailweasley

aiedailweasley

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

I agree with WTM, I've always thought they should do a TV series--then they could possibly change actors if they had to each time a season or a "book" was over. I think that way they could keep more of it from the books!

But I think that it will always be popular. Not that I'm saying they're the same or anything, but look at the Lord of the Rings--still have a cult following today :yes: I can also see those movies being redone--since there aren't 8 of them it might be easier to cast and all that :D

Nothing will ever take the brilliance of the first movies but maybe this time it would be the chance for them to include something that was actually in the books into the movies and make sure Harry Potter's magic continues.

sums up my feelings about it pretty much, silly :p

Edited by aiedailweasley, 11 May 2011 - 02:10 AM.

merlin is running towards my newly posted scorose: invictus.{m}

my stories are rated {twelve-plus to m} | icon: phoenixalthor @ tda

#11 Ronsgirl29

Ronsgirl29

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hmm i'm not sure. If it was like four movies maybe I could see it, but remaking 7-8 movies is a huge undertaking, especially when it's already been done once and everyone always compares things to the orginal. I think it would be cool to see, but I don't think I could ever have another Ron I love more than Rupert :wub: Though if they do remake it I know I'll watch it!

Posted Image

Sig&icon credit to Camila/ Author Page (12+ but story ratings vary)

#12 Scabior_fan_girl

Scabior_fan_girl

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

Will they most likely should they NO. IDK i could be ok. some remakes are ok

tumblr_mgvopgYHmJ1s3dlv2o1_500.jpg

Dramione and Scamione Angst to the end.

#13 RedPheonix

RedPheonix

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

This is something I thnk about a lot, mostly because I'd love to make a movie and whenever I think about making one, it's always my own version of Harry Potter tha springs to mind. I'd love to do the books justice in a remake and focus on the more important plot points that the current films missed out.

Also, what could be interesting would be a TV series, perhaps of next gen characters, preferably Marauders. I'd love to see that <3

only those who risk going too far

can possibly find out how far

~ o n e c a n g o ~

T.S.Eliot

Misfit (15+)

#14 Georgia Weasley

Georgia Weasley

Minister for Awesome

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

If they think they can make money with it, they'll do it. The budget for making 8 heavily special effect laden movies is huge, and by then the interest will have waned. I doubt they re-do them as movies. I can see a tv show or something, though.

signature-1.jpg

Sig by MissMachineArt at Deviant Art

My Author Page (12+ to M)

#15 simplelullaby

simplelullaby

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

I fo one don't think JKR would let them do a TV show, because we all know she knows what happens to the characters. No, I don't see her letting them, and to convince her to remake, it'd have to keep pretty faithful to the books, don't you think?

"Someday, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again." (C.S. Lewis)
HPFF (12+) My very own 
Review Thread (12+) and every single little tiddly review (12+) I've ever written!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users