Photo

If you could...Which character would you save from their death?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you save from death? (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you save, if possible, from their death?

1. Snape (11 votes [8.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.27%

2. Lupin (9 votes [6.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

3. Tonks (16 votes [12.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.03%

4. Voldemort (5 votes [3.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

5. Colin Creevey (8 votes [6.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

6. Dobby (12 votes [9.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.02%

7. Voted Fred (45 votes [33.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.83%

8. Voted Sirius (27 votes [20.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 uniquelyslytherin

uniquelyslytherin

New student

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hey everyone! I'm uniquelyslytherin in my penname, and this question has just been going through my head for a while.
So, if you could, what character would you save from their written death and why?
Personally, mine would be Snape, but their are others with different opinions. Feel free to respond with your characters and the reason why!!!!!
Thanks!

Edited by pennyardelle, 14 April 2011 - 12:07 AM.

uniquelyslytherin<333
Posted Image
Because we don't need legions of followers to do our dirty work. <3
Out of the Blue(12+)

#2 KaidaSnape

KaidaSnape

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

I am in total agreement. I would have Snape, because he could explain so much to Harry. While his death is fitting, I love him so much, and hated it when he died. Being my favorite character from day 1, he developed and grew into the epically awesome guy he died as: a double agent, and a fantastic spy. He could have explained so much to Harry, and while I doubt their relationship would be fantastic, I'd like to think Harry would be more understanding, and even a little sympathetic to him.

The Years That Mattered (+12)

Like Phantom of the Opera? Moulin Rouge? Sound of Music? Then join the Musical Song Challenge+12

Posted Image

The Golden Snitch to Harry: "Hey, I know you!"

Goodbye (+12)

#3 brithewriter

brithewriter

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

Colin! Why did he have to die?

I would have picked Tonks or Lupin, but I'm not so sure that one would want to live with out the other.

Know what lights my fire? FIRE!

Eponine_zpscc852daf.png

awesomesauce sig by Eponine.@TDA

My Stories: bri_5_stars(12+-M) My MTA: Here (12+)

#4 StuffOfLegends

StuffOfLegends

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

From the list, Lupin. Yeah, Snape is awseome and I love him but he wouldn't have wanted to live. I think he was ready, he did what he needed to and all of that rot. Lupin had so much to live for.
His and Tonks' deaths seem to exist only to up the death toll. Not to further the plot like Sirius' or Snape's. Even Fred's death served as a reminder that the Weasley family was so large, it would have been impossible for one of them not to die. But Tonks and Lupin is just unnecessary in my eyes...
"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" - Faramir

#5 teamdobby

teamdobby

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

I voted for Dobby because he was one of Dobby's closest friends and it wasn't fair that he was free from the Malfoy's for such a sort time before his death. Also, he's just so darn brave and loyal, why did he have to die? :cry:

Posted Image

#6 writergirl8

writergirl8

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

I would save Tonks. I actually like Dobby way better then Tonks (as much as I do love Tonks), but the idea of Teddy growing up without his mother is so depressing I'd save her.
Icon by Piglet @ TDA. Signature by &thenboom.
Posted Image
Peetniss. Charah. Finchel. Seddie. Phole. Jam. Romione.

#7 TeamRon

TeamRon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

I voted for Dobby because I loved him to pieces and I hated that he had to die.

#8 lilypotterfan123

lilypotterfan123

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm pretty stumped.
I chose tonks because Teddy deserved to have one parent so he could be reminded each day what the other was like.
Then there's Remus for the same reason and then he was the last marauder so it was like the end of an era in a way.
Snape didn't have any other reason to live, he'd have most likely been so embarrassed and wanted to keep his I hate everyone in the world status really high and so the fact that Harry found out would have made life pretty difficult. Then I think his death was too perfect, he looked at Harry's eyes because they were just like Lily's so in his mind he was looking at the only person he'd ever loved before he died.
Voldemort well if he had lived then JK would still be slaving over a computer and it wouldn't have made sense so it's bye bye voldie!
Colin was suh a sweetheart, Harry was his hero and he'd do anything to feel like a true Gryffindor and that's how he would have been remembered. If he had lived I can see him being a photographer in the magical world and making his family proud so I am sad he had to go.
Dobby! Why dobby? That little animation was so adorable the amount of sniffles I heard when watching this in the cinema was unbelievable. Though I'm glad I didn't break down. If only he'd have died more peacefully, however I expect it was how he might have wanted to go. Not with his old master sticking a sword in him but saving Harry Potter and his friends.

click the link in the sig, my stories, Both links are 15+
Posted Image
sig by me.

#9 huffleherbs

huffleherbs

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Voldemort, there might have been another book :laugh:

Posted Image
HPFF
[12+-M]
[sig by Violet_Gryfindor and av by scooterbug8515 ] GALLERY [12+]
[
Victoria Lang]
[Kit Teumessian]

#10 LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

I would have chosen Fred, but he wasn't on there, so I chose Tonks because I didn't want Teddy to become an orphan. I would have chosen Collin if Tonks and Lupin hadn't been on the list.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All icons taken from ushitora_icons on LiveJournal.

#11 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

I picked Dobby... He shouldn't have died :(

Sig by Mike | My HPFF stories (12+ to M) | Harry's Box (15+)

Epkg7.png

Sad Ending Challenge: 2nd place Grizzled (15+) & 1st place  Picture (15+)

#12 maskedmuggle

maskedmuggle

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

I had a hard time choosing between Snape or Dobby. Both gave their lives up to help Harry kill Voldemort.
But in the end, I chose Snape - he didn't deserve to die like that, with nobody knowing the amazing sacrifice he made (although I sure hope Harry spread it around after he died).

But now I'm thinking I should've chose Dobby :p Snape's one wish was obviously to be with Lily Evans, and he hasn't got as much to live for I guess, as Dobby.

CALL ME CHARLOTTEhpff | tda | both 12+ | quixotic @tda

7g2Polp.png

#13 weasleygirl22

weasleygirl22

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

I say Tonks. I was between her and Lupin, but if Lupin had lived and she had died he would always blame himself. The guilt and grief would consume him so much that he would never be able to really 'be there' for Teddy. On the other hand, if Tonks had lived then she would have been able to understand that her husband died fighting bravely for a good cause and there was nothing she could have done to prevent it. And Teddy needs at least one of his parents, I don't want him to grow up an orphan.

A Second Chance (15+) A story about moving forward and overcoming fear

#14 LilyFire

LilyFire

Seventh Year

• Prefect
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

I chose Tonks. It was hard to chose between her and Remus, but then I read weasleygirl22's reply, and I was like, yeah, that's it. Tonks it is. I also helps that she's my favorite character. I know she'd be depressed again (even more so than when Remus was rejecting her) in my mind, anyway, but she'd pull through, for Teddy if nothing else.

sometimes, wounds heal. sometimes, it takes love.

remembermesigbyprospero.png

all links 12+||Stories|MTA|Non-Human Challenge||Set by prospero @ TDA

#15 ToujoursPadfoot

ToujoursPadfoot

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

Oh, this was hard. I feel awful for not choosing Colin, but in the end I picked Tonks. She was so young - somewhere around 24 or 25 when she died, and I think Teddy should have had at least one of his parents. I chose Tonks instead of Lupin because Tonks was younger than him and hadn't seen as much or experienced as much in life. It really is tragic. :( It just seems like a cruel twist of fate that Teddy lost his parents just like Harry did. I was a bit miffed with Rowling for that, actually - making orphans out of both of them. I understand that death chooses its victims at random in war, and no one was safe, but I would have chosen to protect Teddy's mother.

Snape was my second favorite character in the books (Harry is first), but I didn't spare him because, like Lupin, he had lived already. His line of work aged him beyond his years, and I believe he was ready to go. For the past sixteen years, ever since Lily died, he just kind of went with the motions, allowing himself to be used as Dumbledore's spy and also putting himself in grave danger. His death was awful, but I think that bringing him back wouldn't be doing him any favors. He was a miserable, lonely, self-loathing individual. His death was nothing short of a mercy. His heart died with Lily, and he now he can reclaim it again. :) That's the way I see it, at least.

Edited by ToujoursPadfoot, 11 April 2011 - 12:48 AM.

My HPFF (12+)

z8b3EP3.png

Amazing set by TenthWeasley @ TDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users