• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

I'm TenthWeasley/TenthWeasleyWriter, and welcome to my Meet the Author Page! If you'd like to learn a bit more about me, you've come to the right place to do it.  ;)

A few things I'm proud of:

10th Anniversary Writer's Duel ~ First Place
2011 Dobby Awards ~ Best Canon
2011 Golden Snitches ~ Best Within Gifted
2012 Writer's Duel ~ "Fresh Spin" Category Winner
2012 Dobby Awards ~ Most Versatile Author
2012 Golden Snitches ~ Author of the Year; Best Reviewer

2013 Dobby Awards ~ Best Plot Twist

Trusted author as of December 11, 2011

Ravenclaw prefect as of March 11, 2012
QTR editor as of March 2012

You can find all my stories here (12+ through M). If you read something, I'd appreciate it if you could leave a review and let me know what you thought!

Thank you, and if you ever see me about, feel free to say hello!

Edited by stargazer, 01 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#2 KaidaSnape

KaidaSnape

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

What is your inspiration for writing?

Where would you like to see yourself in ten years (in regards to writing)?

What was the first fanficiton you ever wrote about?

The Years That Mattered (+12)

Like Phantom of the Opera? Moulin Rouge? Sound of Music? Then join the Musical Song Challenge+12

Posted Image

The Golden Snitch to Harry: "Hey, I know you!"

Goodbye (+12)

#3 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

What is your inspiration for writing?

I get my inspiration from a lot of different sources - the HP books and other books as well, movies, song lyrics, talking to people. Most times, though, inspiration just hits me with no warning whatsoever, and usually when I am in no position to write down whatever it is. (Isn't that always the way?) So yeah, generally from oblivion. :D

Where would you like to see yourself in ten years (in regards to writing)?

I'll have graduated from college then, with a degree in journalism (and possibly a double major in political science), so if everything goes according to plan I hope to be writing for a newspaper then. But I can't see myself giving up either fan fiction or original fiction, so hopefully I'll still be writing those, too.

What was the first fanficiton you ever wrote about?

Oh, dear. Story time. :p I can't actually remember the FIRST but I remember the first few:

- A Ron/Hermione story where Hermione was pregnant with twins (this never made it past about 600 words)
- A Harry/Ginny story intended to be about Harry's proposal and their wedding (never made it past about 1,000 words)
- A Draco/Hermione about both of them teaching at Hogwarts

These were all pre-DH, and none of them ever made it off my computer. Thank heavens. :D

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#4 ToujoursPadfoot

ToujoursPadfoot

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

Jaaaaaane! <3

I have typed that word a lot today. 'Jane'. :p

Anyyyyywaaaayyy....

1. What's next after Leaping Obstacles? Do you have a new novel/novella in mind? Or are you going to write a sequel? A series? Hmm? :)

2. Who's your favorite character to write about? Why?

3. Who do you like writing the least?

4. If you could trade places with any HP character during any book for a day, who and when would it be?

5. What's it like to be so awesome?

:D

My HPFF (12+)

z8b3EP3.png

Amazing set by TenthWeasley @ TDA

#5 lizzacc

lizzacc

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

I do not see Nutella or my name on your list of your loves. Just sayin'. :whistling:

1. Is there a character you want to write about but haven't?
2. What ship will you never, ever, even from a foot away and using a flagpole, touch? Why?
3. Besides Cedric, who are some of your favourite HP men?
4. Ninjas vs pirates. WHO WILL WIN?

Follow the Butterflies Optimisit Award

Posted Image

supermegafoxyawesomehot blinkie by pennyardelle!

Liza | HPFF's 10th Anniversary Awards Winner | QTR editor

Beauty (15+) The Simplest of Things (15+)

#6 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

Sarah!!! :hug: :wub:

1. What's next after Leaping Obstacles? Do you have a new novel/novella in mind? Or are you going to write a sequel? A series? Hmm? :)

I've got a story in mind (not sure if it's going to be short story, novella, or novel) that I've actually already written the first chapter of. I've got a general idea of where it's going to go, but I just don't know the length. :D It's my Albus/OC crime story, for those of you who recognize the mention of it. As for a sequel/series after LO, the only thing I've got planned for that is a sequel one-shot. Other than that, I think the story's going to stand for itself! :)

2. Who's your favorite character to write about? Why?

Snape for sure. After DH, he became infinitely fascinating to me, and I read positively everything about him on wikis and lexicons that I could get my hands on. Character bios, essays, you name it - I read it. Because he's so developed and researched, it's so easy for me to write about him, and as a result he just pops up on the page - I hardly have to do any work! :p

3. Who do you like writing the least?

Probably Dumbledore, simply because I feel he is a really hard character to make in canon, and I am often loath to try. I had to write him into a chapter of LO and that is the most I've ever spent on one section of any chapter, because he was so darn hard to do. I still don't know if I've got him right - but we'll have to wait for chapter fourteen to see!

4. If you could trade places with any HP character during any book for a day, who and when would it be?

I think I'd probably choose to be Hannah Abbott, or Susan Bones, or someone like that - relatively out of the way, quiet, just going through my daily routine as a Hogwarts student. I don't do well under pressure and don't think I could deal with all the Trio headaches. :D

5. What's it like to be so awesome?

Ohhh, that's a trap question, I can sense it! :p I am only awesome because the people around me make me so awesome, and without you guys I wouldn't be half the person I am today. :)

Liza! Thank you so much for stopping by! :D

1. Is there a character you want to write about but haven't?

I have SO many characters on this list. :) I've finally gotten around to writing Albus Potter (my next story after LO), and I also want to write about Percy, and I have plans for a Marauders one-shot, and a short story collection for all the little Weasleys. :)

2. What ship will you never, ever, even from a foot away and using a flagpole, touch? Why?

Oooh, that's a good question. Hmm... most slash ships I stay away from, especially male slash. BUT. My all-time favorite fic is male slash, so... I'm willing to try anything at least once. :)

3. Besides Cedric, who are some of your favourite HP men?

You mean there are other HP men besides Cedric? :D I have a soft spot for Percy Weasley - one of, in my opinion, the most misunderstood HP characters. I really want to write about him in a positive light and make people see all of his good qualities! Yeah, I'll go with Percy. :p

4. Ninjas vs pirates. WHO WILL WIN?

Pirates fo sho. They wear cooler costumes, and they have massive ships. Not really a contest - sorry, ninjas.

Edited by jazzeh turnip, 16 April 2011 - 11:46 AM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#7 KaidaSnape

KaidaSnape

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

If you did a story similar to Life and Times, which character would you choose and why?

What were you thinking as you were writing Life and Times?

Subtracting Cedric from the equation, which character would you ship religiously(not religious, religiously, just a lot)?

Edited by KaidaSnape, 06 April 2011 - 10:57 PM.

The Years That Mattered (+12)

Like Phantom of the Opera? Moulin Rouge? Sound of Music? Then join the Musical Song Challenge+12

Posted Image

The Golden Snitch to Harry: "Hey, I know you!"

Goodbye (+12)

#8 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

KAIDA!!! Thank you for coming back, I was ecstatic when I saw. :)

If you did a story similar to Life and Times, which character would you choose and why?
That's an interesting thought - I wrote LaT for a challenge so I've never considered doing another like it, but if I did, I think I'd like to write about someone not a lot of people give a lot of thought to. Someone like Aberforth Dumbledore, or Hannah Abbott. I love, love, love writing obscure characters, because I love bringing them to life!

What were you thinking as you were writing Life and Times?
I was VERY worried about getting Snape's character right, to be completely honest! I've mentioned before that I know Snape fact-wise better than nearly any other character in the HP universe, resulting from a mini-obsession after DH was published. I loved his complexity, his undying love, his motives and background, and read everything about him I could get my hands on. But for all that, I didn't want him to be a cut-and-dry character on paper - I wanted to make him HUMAN. So, that was probably my most prevalent thought in the... nearly two and a half months I spent writing those four pieces! :p

Subtracting Cedric from the equation, which character would you ship religiously (not religious, religiously, just a lot)?
I want to write Percy/Audrey VERY badly, but that would probably only be a one-time deal. I adore writing darker characters, though - Antonin, Bellatrix, Snape, more Snape - I am ADDICTED to those kinds of characters. So, I pick dark characters in general. :D

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#9 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi there! I'm spreading christmas love through MTA questions! So tada! Merry Christmas! Have a dancing snowman! :xsnowman:
1.) What do you think about the great reception you've had for Growing up Weasley?
2.) Were you sad when you finished writing the last chapter of Growing up Weasley?
3.) Reading or writing?
4.) Did this year turn out like you expected it to?
5.) Whats the next thing you're planning on writing? Fanfiction or otherwise? :)

And Merry Christmas! I think you're fabulous :D

:109:

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#10 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

Oh my gosh, Helen -- hi! Thanks so much for dropping by! :hug:

1.) What do you think about the great reception you've had for Growing up Weasley?
I still don't believe it -- a Dobby, a Snitch, over a hundred reviews and favorites, and it still just sort of blows my mind each time I click on it. :D I like to think I'm a fairly humble person (although maybe saying so cancels it out), and the fact that something I wrote got such a large reaction is a bit unbelievable. I am so grateful to everyone who's read and reviewed and favorited, though, and you're definitely included! Without you guys, it really wouldn't have happened, no exaggeration there.

2.) Were you sad when you finished writing the last chapter of Growing Up Weasley?
It was a bit of a shock when it was actually over and completed, especially considering there was a period in April or so where I was going to mark it abandoned. I wasn't as sad as I was upon finishing my first novel, but it only recently hit me that I'd never write about those characters in that specific time period in that way again, and I got a bit depressed. :p The epilogue was the very first thing I posted after receiving trusted author status. But if you've read some of my responses to reviews, you'll know I've got something planned that will be a sort of companion collection to it, so mostly I'm feeling excitement about that!

3.) Reading or writing?
It really depends on the content! I love writing so much -- it's been a massive part of my life for over half of it -- and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I hope to do it as a career someday. :) But there's nothing comparable to snuggling up with a good, thick book (or fan fic, if you're so inclined), and reading's always been a giant part of my life, too. I could never decide between the two!

4.) Did this year turn out like you expected it to?
I'm not sure what I expected, but if anything, I'm not sure it was this. :) A Dobby, a Snitch (two, if you count a story that was a finalist), nearly a thousand cumulative reviews, a novel under my belt, one novel nearly completed and currently at 100,000 words, trusted author status... Not to mention returning to the forums in early January after joining in September 2010 and leaving just after Halloween. It's quite a mind-blowing thing to look back on it all. And apart from HPFF there's my first part-time job and my first straight-A semester, so my life's been actually really amazing in 2011! Definitely one of my better years.

5.) Whats the next thing you're planning on writing? Fanfiction or otherwise? :)
I've got a ton of things I'm working on at the moment, and I'm really excited about all of them! In The Black is the first book in my Snape/OC trilogy, and it's going to be finished in only 5 chapters or so -- perhaps even before winter break ends! Then, of course, the next two books in that series, which I'm aiming to have all wrapped up by May of 2013, although it will probably be sooner. Another short story collection is in the works -- one chapter's done on that -- and then, someday, a dystopian Ron/Hermione and a Louis Weasley novella are in planning. And as if all that weren't enough, I mean to finish my first original fiction novel by May 2013 as well -- I have 22,000 words of it from NaNo 2011, and I'm really excited to get back to work on that, probably after winter break!

Edited by TenthWeasleyWriter, 22 December 2011 - 07:05 AM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#11 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

How have I not come to visit you before? Sad day.

(1) Tell me a little bit about your "process" when writing. (Fair warning -- I want to know so I can steal it and become your evil twin. Just saying.)
(2) Which part of Baker's Dozen was the toughest to write?
(3) Favorite member of the Golden Trio? Explain your choice.
(4) Is there anything that you find almost always attracts you to a story?
(5) Is there anything that you find almost always turns you off from a story?

Oh, I really should spend more time on your page. Your Snape stuff has been recommended to me more times than I can count, and I still haven't been to read it because (a) I'm convinced that my own attempts at Snape will look pathetic in your shadow and (b) I imagine that I'll just kind of melt into a squeeing little puddle on the floor and will be totally, utterly unable to compose a coherent review. But your talent fascinates me, and thus one day I'll have to make like a Gryffindor and get brave. (Also, I love me some Cedric Diggory. Love it. Yum.)

stories (12+ to M)
devilry_sig_zpse7e33c8b.png
fantastic set by easterlies@TDA

#12 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

(1) Tell me a little bit about your "process" when writing. (Fair warning -- I want to know so I can steal it and become your evil twin. Just saying.)
Well, in that case... I do a lot of keyboard smash and put together all the words that aren't gibberish. True story. Nah, but really, I don't really have a process, as lame as that sounds. I think about plots and characters and scenes when I'm away from the keyboard, jot them down on my phone or on notepads, and sit down and write them when I get home. Fairly boring. :p I don't even try and formulate plots, really, they just sort of appear.

(2) Which part of Baker's Dozen was the toughest to write?
Ooh, that's a tough question! Did not expect this. :D I would probably say the silent confrontation between Sirius and Peter, because it's going to overlap into my trilogy and I didn't want to write it beforehand. That, and writing it from the perspective of someone who didn't know the outcome was a bit difficult. :) I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, though!

(3) Favorite member of the Golden Trio? Explain your choice.
AHH. This is a tough question and my answer has changed several times in trying to respond to it, but I think I'm going to have to go with Hermione. She was the very first Harry Potter character I explored, and the first I ever wrote about a long time ago, and I share a lot of qualities with her. One of my best friends calls me the Hermione to his Ron because I always bail him out on homework!

(4) Is there anything that you find almost always attracts you to a story?
Actually, no -- well, I'd say a really intriguing summary/banner combination, but I'll never just stick to one pairing or one character or one era, because I think that if you do that you're going to miss out on a world of good stories. One of my very favorite stories is, of all thing, an Oliver/George novella that I found by chance in the story recommendations thread, simply because the summary made me curious. I always say I'll try anything once, because you never know you're going to like or dislike something unless you try it!

(5) Is there anything that you find almost always turns you off from a story?
Sort of similar to the above -- I'm willing to look at any character, any pairing, any genre or era, but the one thing I cannot stand is when authors don't use basic grammar and punctuation and spelling rules. It drives me nuts, even if the story itself is all right, because I'm one of those grammar Nazis you see hanging about places. :D

Thank you eternally for the questions, my dearest Amanda! :hug: You are just awesome. You ooze it. (And also, your Snape is brill, so none of that talk.)

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#13 Renfair

Renfair

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

Heya Jane! Thought I'd throw a few questions your way since I've had a chance now to read a small chunk of In the Black. Going to start off with a question stolen from you:

*~*Inspiration for Beth? Just someone who wandered into your thoughts one day? Conglomeration of people in real life? Secretly you wanting to get lovey-dovey with Severus? ;)
*~* You mentioned you like journalism and also do some original fiction. What's your favorite thing to write? Sorry if that's like asking you to pick between your children.
*~* What are some of your favorite books besides the Harry Potter series?
*~* How in the world are you able to write so much on top of still being in school and working? And have time to read other people's stories and leave crazy long, super nice reviews? Do you have a time-turner???? I am simply in awe.
*~* Who are the models you use on your In The Black banner? I'm always intrigued when people also don't use the movie actors. (Pardon me if they're famous or something. I'm totally old now and don't know what sort of pop culture shenanigans you crazy youngsters are into these days. Um. Justin Beiber. Jersey Shore. There. I'm hip and with the times.)

I feel I must point out that though pirates are awesome (I mean awesome. Super awesome. I have amazing pirate wench costumes I wear to Renaissance Faires all the time, and my son even has freaking pirate pacifiers) the ninjas would win. Think of it this way: the pirates would never even see the ninjas coming.

::my stories [12+-M] :|: meet the author [12+]::

Posted Image

[lovely sig set by moriarty.@TDA]

#14 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

Renny! I am so pleased you dropped by! :hug:

Inspiration for Beth? Just someone who wandered into your thoughts one day? Conglomeration of people in real life? Secretly you wanting to get lovey-dovey with Severus? ;)
Beth certainly isn't like me -- well, that's not entirely true. I think a lot of her sarcasm and rambling internal monologues are very much derived from her author, but more than anything she's just someone who, as you put it, wandered into my head. I knew immediately that she would be shipped with Severus when she appeared, and the whole story sort of built itself without a lot of effort, other than looking up canon details like names and dates. (And it's quite a long story!) One thing I did try to focus on, though, was trying to make her enough like Lily that both James and Severus would have friendships with her, and different enough to make her relationship with James platonic while making her relationship with Severus anything but. If that makes any sense at all. :)

You mentioned you like journalism and also do some original fiction. What's your favorite thing to write? Sorry if that's like asking you to pick between your children.
Journalism definitely isn't my favorite thing to write, and I think I'll only become a journalist if a job is ever offered to me -- I like it well enough, but there are severe limitations on your writing freedom when writing according to journalistic code. :) I think I like fan fiction and original fiction equally, though. With fan fiction, there's the aspect of diving deeply into a story and a world you love, getting to know your favorite characters better, and even coming to understand your least-favorite ones. Original fiction is easier in some respects because there are no facts to get right (unless you're writing history, and even that's subjective) and no characterizations to match -- it's completely, one hundred percent you. I don't think I could ever choose between the two.

What are some of your favorite books besides the Harry Potter series?
I love this question! :) I have a lot of favorites -- and usually it depends on what I'm reading at the moment -- but And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie always appears somewhere in that list. It's so incredible, and it's one of the best mysteries I've ever read (and I've read a good many!) -- I think everyone should read it. A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner, the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, and The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt are all amazing, amazing books, as well. I literally could never choose my very favorite book, though!

How in the world are you able to write so much on top of still being in school and working? And have time to read other people's stories and leave crazy long, super nice reviews? Do you have a time-turner???? I am simply in awe.
The secret is very important -- simply have no social life. :) Or a very sparing one, at least. In all honesty, I'm not really sure, other than writing is something so important to me that I always make time for it as I would homework or working at the library. Now that I've started writing more or less full time (for want of a better phrase), it's second nature to me that I'm working on something at all times. I just love it -- it's a huge part of me -- and the same goes for reading books and fan fiction, and beta-reading stories for members! Somehow I manage to get by quite well, so I don't question it. It works out somehow.

Who are the models you use on your In The Black banner? I'm always intrigued when people also don't use the movie actors.
I very much agree about the movie actors -- Alan Rickman is an absolutely brilliant Snape, but I could never see him as a younger Snape, so I always knew I'd have to find someone else to portray him. :D Somewhere along the road, and I don't precisely know where, I stumbled across singer Conor Oberst and knew almost immediately I'd have to use him. He doesn't have a lot of pictures to choose from, especially with the longer-haired look I prefer for Snape, but there are enough to justify my using him. :D (And then, of course, I was browsing about on notallowed a few months back and stumbled unknowingly across his band. Having your Snape sing to you is one of the weirdest experiences, period.) As for Beth, she's Katie McGrath from the show Merlin, although I have admittedly never seen this show. I was looking for actresses with dark, curly hair, and she was the best fit, although my Beth in my mind looks significantly different.

I'm so glad you keep on dropping by the story, and it's great to hear feedback from the author of one of my favorite Snape/OCs! I cannot wait to read the next chapter of The Dream of One Night! :wub:

Edited by TenthWeasleyWriter, 28 January 2012 - 04:10 AM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

#15 magicmuggle01

magicmuggle01

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hi.

I thought I'd stop by with a question or six.

1) Before fanfiction and Harry, what was your earlier memory calling you to write?
2) Do you have anything planned for after Growing up Magical?
3) Are some of your stories based on real life?
4) If you had the chance to do it all again somewhere else, would you?
5) Which character's life would you like to live and why?
6) Who's side would you have fought on in the second wizarding war and why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users