Story Title: The Time of Cupids
Link: The Time of Cupids (M)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Strong Language, Scenes of a Sexual Nature
Ships: James II/ OC, Other Pairing
Genres: Humor, Romance
Word Count: 102,831 Words
Completed: No
Summary: Cupids were supposed to be mythical creatures. They were supposed to exist only in fairy tales; not in real life, and definitely not as my best friend. Meet Desmond Pierce, resident cupid, and soon-to-be, dead Cupid. All because he shot me with an arrow and made me fall in love with the boy I spent my entire life hating. James Sirius Potter.

Why you would recommend it: This story is just so addictive. The dialogue is witty and the main character Victoria Rose is just so awesome! I also love the characterizations and it just makes me laugh and swoon at the same time :D

Edited by Alopex, 12 September 2011 - 02:11 AM.

Posted Image
My Stories (15+ - M) Amazing sig by uptosomeone from the DA forums!!!!

#32 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

Penname: HarrietHopkirk
Story Title: Dominique
Link: Dominique (M)
Rating: M
Warnings: Mild language, strong violence, scenes of a sexual nature, substance use or abuse, sensitive topic/issue/theme, contains spoilers
Ships: Other pairing, Rose/Scorpius, Teddy/Victoire
Genres: Drama, horror/dark, romance
Word Count: 84,755 words
Completed?: Nope
Summary: Lorcan is dying, and with the mysterious return of his brother, Dominique Weasley is torn. Ridden with guilt and fear, her perfect life is crumbling around her as she is approached by a shady organisation. She has to make a choice, not just between the two men, but between the light and the darkness.
Why You Would Recommend It: This is one of the most addicting stories I've read in a long, long time. Dominique is written so wonderfully, and the entire plot itself is extremely hooking from the very first chapter. You're not going to want to stop reading it.

I would also really, really like to second justonemorefic's recommendation of It's Called Adventure. :)

Edited by TenthWeasleyWriter, 05 October 2011 - 02:56 AM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#33 The_seeker12

The_seeker12

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Penname: chocolate119
Story Title: Deteriorate
Link: Deteriorate (M)
Warnings: Strong Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Ships: James/OC, Rose/Scorpius, OC/OC, Other Pairing
Genres: Drama, Romance, Young Adult
Word Count: 83,208
Completed?: Nope
Summary: A lot of the things James Potter does bug me. But I do tolerate him (kind of), to an extent. There is a line, however. Jumping off of Gryffindor Tower is crossing that line.
Why You Would Recommend It: It makes me laugh every time I read it. The characters are great, especially the main character, Rina. Scorpius and Albus make me smile too.

Edited by The_seeker12, 31 October 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Author's page at HPFF: 12+-M || Sig & Av- Carnal Spiral
Posted Image

"And power hungry Slytherin loved those of great ambition."

#34 the midnight avenger

the midnight avenger

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Penname: PygmyPuffLover
Story Title: Being Summer
Link: here
Warnings: Strong language, strong violence, scenes of a sexual nature, substance use or absuse
Ships: James/OC, Rose/Scorpius, Teddy/Victoire, Other pairing
Genres: humour, romance, fluff
Completed: No
Summary: Being Summer Lancaster is not all it’s cracked up to be. I mean, being James Potter’s official snog buddy - seriously, he made me a badge – and trying to stop my charming cousin – curse you Scorpius – from wreaking havoc on Hogwarts is much more stressful than it sounds. Trust me.
Why you would reccomend it: It's SO funny! Not one chapter has failed to make me laugh. The characters are also all amazing, and it's got a very good plotline.

Posted Image

bloody brilliant sig by AstoriaViana @TDA

HPFF (12+)

#35 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Penname: Snapdragons
Story Title: I Love Lucy
Link: I Love Lucy (15+)
Rating: 15+
Warnings: Strong Language, Mild Violence
Ships: Other pairing (Lucy/Lysander), Teddy/Victoire, OC/OC
Genres: Humor, Romance, Young Adult
Word Count: 14,853 words
Completed?: Nope!
Summary:

The spirit of adventure has never quite called out to Lucy Weasley.
So how exactly did she find herself in this situation?
(Lysander Scamander. Facing fears. Dragons.)

Why You Would Recommend It: This story warms my heart in the best way possible -- Hannah's style of writing is so versatile, and she writes fluff and humor spectacularly. Her Lucy Weasley is laugh-out-loud funny and surrounded by such an endearing cast of characters. One of the most believable and well-written next gen fics I've ever read!

Penname: Aiedail
Story Title: An Improbable Fiction
Link: An Improbable Fiction (15+)
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Ships: --
Genres: Humor, Action/Adventure
Word Count: 13,418 words
Completed?: Nope!
Summary:

Hugo Weasley is in his seventh year at Hogwarts when he discovers that an attempt to bring back the Tri-Wizard Tournament has failed spectacularly and this year at school is bound to be another boring, ordinary one. When he bumps into the ghost of Cedric Diggory in the prefect's bath, Hugo thinks he can come up with a plan to bring back the cup: and with the help of Scorpius Malfoy and Neville Longbottom, maybe even win it.

Why You Would Recommend It: This is Lily's sequel to It's Called Adventure (which isn't entirely necessary to read before reading this story, although you should anyway!), and I am absolutely in love with it. She's brought back the lovable trio of Hugo, Scorpius, and Neville, and what's more, GHOST CEDRIC. ♥ Brilliant story, brilliant author -- everyone needs to give this a read!

Edited by TenthWeasleyWriter, 04 February 2012 - 03:53 AM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#36 the.edge.of.love

the.edge.of.love

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Penname Miss Muggle
Story Title Lucy
Link Here (15+)
Rating 15+
Warnings Strong Language, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Angst
Other Included Ships Lucy Weasley/ Original Character, but this is mainly a Lucy fic.
Word Count 551
Completed Yes.
Summary/Story Synopsis Fifteen self-help books and four classes ago, she was in the same spot she was now. Alone.
Why You Would Recommend It It's a brilliant fic about Lucy Weasley, a a woman trapped in her choices, a girl who had dreams and never managed to turn them into reality. The story is very well-written: the writer manages to create an atmosphere and make the readers invest theimselves int the story and the character. And all these, in 500 words!

Edited by the.edge.of.love, 17 February 2012 - 09:24 PM.

...i've always wanted and never succeeded in painting the smile...

stocksig.png

Lovely Signature by violet ephemera @TDA
Beautiful Icon by fever_heat
@LJ

#37 RosieQueen

RosieQueen

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Penname Flavia
Story Title Human Nature
Link Click (15+)
Rating 15+
Warnings Strong Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Genres/Sub-Genres Fluff, Humor, Romance
Other Included Ships Other pairing, OC/OC, Rose/Scorpius
Word Count 9800 (so far)
Completed no
Summary/Story Synopsis QUOTE SUMMARY:

Albus Potter has finally managed to grow into his own skin over the summer between his fourth and fifth years at Hogwarts. He's planning on being more confident, getting more attention from the ladies, winning the Quidditch Cup and acing his O.W.L's.

He didn't expect to fall for a girl he's ignored for four years.

*The story of 'Animal Magnetism' told from Albus' perspective*

Why You Would Recommend It Very funny and cute! :)

Edited by RosieQueen, 31 March 2012 - 07:30 PM.

go ravenclaw!

Stories (15+ to M)  |  TDA Gallery (15+) | icon by somuch @tda

#38 Guest_dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap_Guest

Guest_dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Penname marinahill
Story Title Just Rose
Link Here(M)
Rating M
Warnings Strong Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Humor, Romance
Other Included Ships Rose/Scorpius, Teddy/Victoire, Other Pairing
Word Count 84,711
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis Rose is in pursuit of happiness; however, looking for it in the bottom of tea cups just won't cut it anymore. Avoiding her stalker Scorpius and ignoring the life advice of her cousin has led her to a dead-end, and she still hasn’t won Teddy Lupin’s heart. But with the help of her friends and family, she might just realise there's more to life than moping around and eating biscuits.
Why You Would Recommend It I love this story! It's filled with such smart humor, Rose is really something else, kind of pathetic and yet very likeable. Scorpius is just plain weird but marinahill makes you want to hug him and cheer for him throughout the entire story for Rose/Scorpius to get together.

#39 STG Sagmag

STG Sagmag

New student

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Penname: Flavia
Story Title: Animal Magnetism
Link:
http://www.harrypott...php?psid=305300
Warnings: Strong Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Genres/Sub-Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Other Included Ships: Other Pairing
Word Count: 118091
Completed: Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis:
My 5th year at hogwarts was going to be great. No overprotective siblings around, seeing my superb friends everyday and spending as much time as I like hanging out with Hagrid and studying Magical Creatures. It had the makings of a brilliant year.

Until stupid Albus Potter had to go and get gorgeous, and now I've turned into a blithering idiot!

Merlin save me.

Why You Would Recommend It: It's a really cute, funny fluffy teenage romance and the characters are all so dangerously addicting. Flavia's other Next Gen stories are definitely worth checking out as well!

Edited by STG Sagmag, 17 May 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Love Chocolate... LOTS of Chocolate <3
Posted Image
Siggy by justonemorefic

#40 marissa lily potter

marissa lily potter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Penname dream_BIG
Story Title Welcome to the Chase
Link *Click* [M]
Rating M
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Humor, Romance
Other Included Ships OC/OC, Rose/Scorpius, Other Pairing
Word Count 93,919
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis BIG FAT AWKWARD MOMENT.

Al Potter/Ariadne Chase
(Hopefully)

Why Would you Recommend It It's just really funny and addicting. I love the humour in it and it's pretty relatable, the whole boy you like not knowing you exist kind of thing haha.

Posted Image

All Hail Shenanigans [M] :: Set Credit to everafter @ tda :: Reviews Offered [12+]

#41 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

New student

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Penname SexyDoorFrames
Story Title The Human Factor
Link here
Rating M

Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers

Genres/Sub-Genres Humor, Romance, Young Adult

Other Included Ships Other Pairing
Word Count 82524
Completed No

Summary/Story Synopsis Watch as structure disintegrates
Change is the enemy
Flaws are exposed
Love is a poison
Self destruction is the goal
Let's discover what makes us human.
Dobby Award Winner For Best Original Character 2011
Gryffindor's story of the month for February 2012

Why Would you Recommend It It's wonderfully written and very original.
The name's Lily, but Becki will do XD
Posted Image
Gorgeous set by noxxx. @TDA

#42 BellaCamille

BellaCamille

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Penname: BrightStar
Story Title: All You Need Is Love: The Next Generation
Link:
here
Rating: 12+
Warnings: mild language, scenes of mild sexual nature, sensitive topic/issue/theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: fluff, humor, romance
Other Included Ships: Rose/Scorpius, Teddy/Victoire, OC/OC, Other Pairing
Word Count: 33,232
Completed: no
Summary/Story Synopsis: All was well, eventually. Life isn't easy, even as a Weasley-Potter. Join Teddy, Victoire, Molly, Dom, Lucy, James, Fred, Al, Rose, Louis, Roxy, Hugo and Lily as they learn they can get by this- love is all they need.
Why You Would Recommend It: I've never read a story like it. They way it starts is really intriguing (I won't give anything away) and the time period it is set up in isn't one I stumble upon often. I really enjoyed the mixture of lightness and maturity BrightStar writes with in this fic. The characters really come alive in this, even though it's on the shorter side of fiction-writing. It's just a lovely read!

Edited by orderofthephoenix, 29 October 2012 - 07:40 AM.

homecopy_zps7a3d5915.png

oh look! an actual link (M)

<<inspector.(Kelso)^^

#43 MargaretLane

MargaretLane

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Penname: Pheonix Potioneer

Story Title: Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office.

Link: http://www.harrypott...php?psid=320434 (15+)

Warnings: Mild Language, Strong Violence.

Genres/Sub-Genres: Mystery, Action-Adventure.

Other Included Ships: Arthur/Molly, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Teddy/Victorie.

Word Count: 13,250 words so far, but it is still pretty near the beginning.

Completed: No.

Summary/Story Synopsis: The story begins with two Dark Wizards plotting and then turns to Albus's first year at Hogwarts, being sorted, making friends, facing a bully, etc.

Why You Would Recommend It: The beginning is intriguing, hinting that one of the two wizards plotting was involved with Voldemort (not going to say any more about that) and went unsuspected. However, this is not just a matter of an escaped former criminal. There is a new darkness rising. There are also a number of interesting OCs at Hogwarts - friends, teachers, etc.

Overall, I would say that the story fits very well with the tone of canon, but also sets up a new, original story. And it is, in my opinion, much underrated so far.

Edited by MargaretLane, 18 December 2012 - 12:45 PM.

250l56r.gif

Nano Mammy to 1917farmgirl, VioletBlade, AliceDancer orderofthephoenix and Akussa.

#44 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Penname Arithmancy_Wiz
Story Title Over The Edge
Link M
Rating M
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Slash (Same-Sex Pairing), Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Mystery, Romance
Other Included Ships Rose/Viktor Krum, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione
Word Count 95,333
Completed Yes!
Summary/Story Synopsis Viktor Krum, celebrated athlete turned drug-addled has-been, and Rose Weasley, a woman too young to know better than to get involved with him. When their paths cross, something awakens within them. Something powerful enough to drive them both over the edge. FULL SUMMARY AT THE END OF CHAPTER ONE
Why You Would Recommend It I litreally finished reading this, and I'm still sitting here thinking wow. The entire story was so gripping and brilliant and there wasn't a minute I didn't enjoy. There are so many twists and turns and things you would never expect to happen. You may be sitting there thinking that Rose and Krum doesn't work, but now I totally ship these two! It's such an original next gen story, and nothing like the others out there. I really recommend that you read this :D

celsa sub conveniant aquila sapientes mentes - let wise minds gather under the proud eagle
sXRIrly.gif
author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+]

julno wordcount: 50,013/50,000 | currently writing: a random mix of stuff

#45 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Penname shenanigans
Story Title Clash
Link here+
Rating Mature
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Slash (Same-Sex Pairing), Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Other Included Ships James II/OC, Harry/Ginny, Rose/Scorpius
Word Count 285184
Completed WIP
Summary/Story Synopsis Sanity is overrated.
Why You Would Recommend It is hilarious but lovely. The characters are easy to relate too and the story is unpredictable. The relationship between the characters are sweet and heartbreaking. I highly recommend it.

Penname platform 9 3 4
Story Title Me Versus You
Link here+
Rating Mature
Warnings Strong Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Other Included Ships Lucy/OC, Rose/Scorpius
Word Count 21877
Completed WIP
Summary/Story Synopsis Lucy Weasley, Hogwarts' very own Private Detective.

And don't kid yourself, you need me. Because, no matter how much you think it's true love, it always ends up here, with me crouching around a corner, camera at the ready, with two steaming mugs of caffeinated muggle coffee on the floor beside me. 

Why You Would Recommend It I find the story very sweet with a mystery edge. The plot is very interesting and keeps you guessing. 

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M) | Nutshell(15+)

NUTSHELLsigdone_zpsbdd30050.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users