26 replies to this topic

#1 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hi :happy: I'm Marina. You can find all 22 of my stories here12+. I thought after nearly 3 years, it was time to start a new MTA topic.

Stories

NEW STORY:

Posted Image

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Teddy together again.
A story of loss and guilt.

banner by amoretti., 15+, Teddy/Victoire

Posted Image

Four girls.
Two Weeks.
One Date.

May the best woman win.

banner by Harley Quinn, Mature

Novels/Novellas/Short Stories

Posted Image Posted Image
banner by Violet, Mature, Helena/Godric | banner by OMG!, 15+, Ariana
banner by just_lovely, Mature, Teddy/Victoire | banner by Jeanie, 15+
banner by Elysium, Mature, Ted/Andromeda/Gideon | banner by justonemorefic, Mature, Rose/Scorpius

One-Shots

banner by hedwidgeon, Mature, Daphne/Pansy/Blaise | banner by wishaway., Mature, Theo/Daphne
banner by Elysium, 15+ | banner by Astariel, Mature, Teddy/Rose
banner by Pretend, 12+, Teddy/Victoire | banner by ladycobra, 12+, Remus/Tonks

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

2012 Dobby Winner: Best Plot Twist - Just Rose

2012 Dobby Finalist: Best Angst - Kingdom Come,

Best Novella - Sitting in the Orange Tree,

HPFF Classics: Best Novel - Colour My World

2011 Dobby Winner: Best One-Shot - Glass

2011 Dobby Finalist: Best Founders - Fade to Grey

2008 Dobby Finalist: Most Original Story - Sitting in the Orange Tree

Ask away!

Posted Image

#2 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Yaaaay Marinaaa! I haven't been a very good stalker, so I actually don't know terribly much about you beyond our short acquaintance.

1. Please describe this angsting up of fluff phenomenon. HOW? JUST... HOW?
2. Current favorite fics to read?
3. The fic you're most proud of writing?
4. What about the one you enjoyed writing the most?
5. How many times have you clicked your signature, really?

That's my bunch for now! Shant hog all the questions ;) PEOPLE ARE LINING UP TO ASK YOU STUFF~

s61ytfo.png 2TgY3WG.png nzvqOQV.png

author's page | art/tumblr | all links [M]

#3 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Yaaaay Marinaaa! I haven't been a very good stalker, so I actually don't know terribly much about you beyond our short acquaintance.

1. Please describe this angsting up of fluff phenomenon. HOW? JUST... HOW?
2. Current favorite fics to read?
3. The fic you're most proud of writing?
4. What about the one you enjoyed writing the most?
5. How many times have you clicked your signature, really?

That's my bunch for now! Shant hog all the questions ;) PEOPLE ARE LINING UP TO ASK YOU STUFF~

Haha, HI GINA! :wub:

1. It's not deliberate! It just sort of happens when I write. Things go wrong, people get unhappy. I wrote angst for SO LONG that it became a knee-jerk reaction to just make things go sad. See Colour My World. That's pretty angst free up until the point I got writer's block. Then BAM went the angst ;)

2. Ahhh I don't do as much reading as I should. I love anything by Margravine and PenguinsWillReignSupreme and GubraithianFire and Indigo Seas and the list really goes on. I go through modes of reading loads to nothing. But I'd say good stuff can always be found with those four.

3. I'm kind of proud of quite a few of them, just because these days I see it as a major achievement if I write anything. Sitting in the Orange Tree will always have a special place in my heart because it was an absolute mental journey to write and it holds a lot of good memories for me. Love also goes to Colour My World, Gideon (for being so insanely difficult to write) and Duet.

4. Just Rose is so much fun at the moment, but then it's currently in New Fic territory, so we'll see how long that lasts. Colour My World was fun because I adored the characters.

5. TOO MANY TIMES. It's amazing I'm fooled by my OWN trick.

thanks dear :wub:

Posted Image

#4 xtinjsc

xtinjsc

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Disclaimer: This is not a spam and I am on fangirl mode, so please bear with me. :p

MARINA! :wub:

You are right - this page is simply gorgeous. Great job! Woo!

1. The first story I read from you was Sitting in the Orange Tree, which I thought was absolutely exceptional and original and lovely. What was your inspiration for writing that magnificent piece?
2. Gideon. That story is just epic. What can you tell us about writing a story in reverse chronology? Because, aside from your superb writing skills, that's exactly what sets the story apart and I love it.
3. Any character/s that you find difficult to write?
4. Least favourite genre?
5. What's the first Harry Potter FF you've ever read and liked? Discuss.

Argh! Gina beat me! That is not right. Anyway, that is it for now. :thumbsup:

Mine [12+] :: Puff [15+]

Posted Image

Did she let him go or did the four winds blow him away?

icons by heplikehepburn @ lj :: ^ Girl with the Red Balloon by The Civil Wars

#5 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Disclaimer: This is not a spam and I am on fangirl mode, so please bear with me. :p

MARINA! :wub:

You are right - this page is simply gorgeous. Great job! Woo!

1. The first story I read from you was Sitting in the Orange Tree, which I thought was absolutely exceptional and original and lovely. What was your inspiration for writing that magnificent piece?
2. Gideon. That story is just epic. What can you tell us about writing a story in reverse chronology? Because, aside from your superb writing skills, that's exactly what sets the story apart and I love it.
3. Any character/s that you find difficult to write?
4. Least favourite genre?
5. What's the first Harry Potter FF you've ever read and liked? Discuss.

Argh! Gina beat me! That is not right. Anyway, that is it for now. :thumbsup:

Tinny :wub: thanks so much for stopping by!

1. I think I remember just about my exact thought process. I am going to bore you by telling you it. Lily & James are dead. I know, let's write about them watching Harry's journey. -pause- I don't like writing Lily or James. Who else is dead? Oh yeah, Luna's mum. -pause- Let's browse UFG at TDA for a banner to kick this into action. Oh there's one. She's wearing orange. ORANGE TREE. Thus Sitting in the Orange Tree was born :)

2. It's like SUCH A PAIN. When I decided to write it in reverse chronology I was like, this is great, a challenge, this will improve my writing. But now it's like a mental battle to keep things in the right year and in order and the characterisation in check. Still, I love the concept and the angst and the fact that I have 30 chapters fully planned out and I know where it's going. :D

3. Draco. Harry. Hermione. Ron. Ginny. You may have noticed, I don't write the Trio or anyone from that era or any major characters. That's because I can't do them justice and I don't want to ruin the amazingness JK set out. I tried a Dramione, again to challenge myself, and it failed spectacularly.

4. Action/Adventure? I dunno, I'm not great with action scenes. Fluff used to be my least favourite, but I'm warming to lighter stuff now :) Oh actually, I do NOT like AU. I like my canon facts. I'm fine with non-canon plots as long as you can use canon to justify them.

5. Oh my gosh, I honestly can't remember, it was years ago! Oh wait, I totally do! When I first found HPFF I was reading a lot of Lily/James stuff but I didn't have an account so I can't track them down. I remember the first one I favourited was one about Dumbledore as a teenager and it was amazing. From what I remember. That got taken down though :(

thank you for the questions, love!

Posted Image

#6 PenguinsWillReignSupreme

PenguinsWillReignSupreme

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Since you asked so nicely in your status, I thought I'd come and bombard you. And also I want to say that the layout of your MTA is so prettyyy :wub:
So, HI LOVELY.

1. If you could put your name on any work of fanfiction that isn't your own, which story would you want to claim?
2. Just Rose is such a diversion from what one might call your comfort zone. How easy is it to write in comparison with your other stories?
3. If you could bring any of your characters to life, which two would you choose?
4. Will biscuits and food be mentioned in every chapter of Just Rose? I do hope so.
5. How long, on average, does it take you to write a chapter (of anything)?
6. Where do you find your inspiration?
7. Favourite ship of the moment?

And now I shall stop, because you'll shout at me for making you type and think so much :wub:

Fanfiction (12+)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Set by iconpunch@lj

#7 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

Since you asked so nicely in your status, I thought I'd come and bombard you. And also I want to say that the layout of your MTA is so prettyyy :wub:
So, HI LOVELY.

1. If you could put your name on any work of fanfiction that isn't your own, which story would you want to claim?
2. Just Rose is such a diversion from what one might call your comfort zone. How easy is it to write in comparison with your other stories?
3. If you could bring any of your characters to life, which two would you choose?
4. Will biscuits and food be mentioned in every chapter of Just Rose? I do hope so.
5. How long, on average, does it take you to write a chapter (of anything)?
6. Where do you find your inspiration?
7. Favourite ship of the moment?

And now I shall stop, because you'll shout at me for making you type and think so much :wub:

:wub: I'm not finished with the layout, but I got bored and gave up :p

1. Am I allowed to say something by you or will you get mad? Well, I'd say One Day (15+) by you, King Me (15+) by gubby and everything on Margravine's author page... probably Ripples. :wub: So much talent!

2. I think it's actually waaay easier. A year or so ago I think it would have been super difficult and I probably would have changed genre for the sake of changing, rather than genuinely wanting to write something different. It's fun to write, love the characters and I am just super glad everyone is being so supportive and liking it as much as I do :)

3. What an evil question! Teddy from Colour My World? Or maybe Molly from Just Rose? Or... maybe Gideon. Then I could give him a right talking to :D

4. Definitely. I really should have called it "Just Food".

5. Okay, that's a tough question. It reallly depends on what I'm writing. With Just Rose, it takes me like an hour to write 1000 words. So that's about 3 or 4 hours per chapter. Gideon takes me a lot longer because it takes so much concentration. I tend to write it in 500 words stints and it depends on how determined I am to finish it :p

6. Err. I think I find a mood I want to write. Like for Gideon, I thought "let's write something tragically romantic" and that's a mood so I did that. Then with Just Rose, I was like "let's write something cringey and funny". So I did

7. Teddy/Rose, Hannah/Neville, Filch/Anyone ... Teddy/Anyone is also good :p

Thank you so much for the questions, dear :wub:

Posted Image

#8 marauder lady

marauder lady

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hello my lovely. :wub:

I am slacking- 19 stories???????? Very impressive. So I thought I should leave a couple of questions...

So the first story of yours I read was The Widows Daughter, and I thought it was so amazingly original. And I loved Sitting in the Orange Tree, as well as loving the characterisations in Colour my World. I know the last one you had to do as a challenge but what made you want to write these stories as opposed to usual HPFF fics (Sirius/OC, James/Lily, Remus/OC etc. These are all excellent ships tho lol)

How do you feel writing fan fic has helped you as a writer?

and finally, last but not least

Still Team Remus? :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Posted Image

Thanks to SwissMiss at TDA for the sig
My Stories (mature) My Meet the Author page (12+) My Blog (12+)

#9 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hello my lovely. :wub:

I am slacking- 19 stories???????? Very impressive. So I thought I should leave a couple of questions...

So the first story of yours I read was The Widows Daughter, and I thought it was so amazingly original. And I loved Sitting in the Orange Tree, as well as loving the characterisations in Colour my World. I know the last one you had to do as a challenge but what made you want to write these stories as opposed to usual HPFF fics (Sirius/OC, James/Lily, Remus/OC etc. These are all excellent ships tho lol)

How do you feel writing fan fic has helped you as a writer?

and finally, last but not least

Still Team Remus? :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Haha, it'd be more if I didn't keep deleting stuff :p

I tend to think of a plot and then choose the characters to fit around it - often, my plots don't really fit in with the marauder era because we already know so much about them. I don't find them as inspiring because so much of it has already been written. I like to write unusual things :p

I think writing fanfic has been excellent practice. Characterisation is so important in all writing and fanfiction really pushes me to understand my characters and keep them in character for the rest of the piece. Writing so much of anything is bound to improve you and I feel like I've come on leaps and bounds since I started writing fanfiction.

Always Team Remus!!!

Thank you for the questions, dear :wub:

Posted Image

#10 LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hey!

What's you main inspiration?

Do you listen to music when you write? A
specific song, band, or genre?

What's your favorite food, type of food (Chinese, Mexican...), restaurant?

What you give for a Dobby award?

If you won said Dobby award, what do you think it would be for?

What's your favorite book? Movie? TV show? Website?

What's your favorite fic that you wrote?

That you didn't write?

What is your favorite era, genre, and ship?

That's like a ton of questions. Sorry! :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All icons taken from ushitora_icons on LiveJournal.

#11 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hi!

What's you main inspiration?
- I'm not really sure exactly. I tend to see things in films, books, TV etc and get inspired by some of the amazing things they do. Reading other people's stories here inspire me to keep writing and trying new things :)

Do you listen to music when you write? A specific song, band, or genre?
- I always have music on in the background. It's usually just a shuffle of everything in my iTunes, which is really diverse which helps to keep me concentrating. Ellie Goulding was a great source of inspiration for Gideon and I tend to include her album on any playlist I create for writing :) Other good writing music I have includes Massive Attack, Paloma Faith, Uffie, One Republic and The Script.

What's your favorite food, type of food (Chinese, Mexican...), restaurant?
- I'm not overly fussy! I like Indian, Italian, Chinese, English, Japanese, Mexican etc. I'll try anything once.

What you give for a Dobby award?
- I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one :p It'd be amazing to win a Dobby, but I feel really lucky and grateful for the support I've had so far with my writing so I'd be happy if I never won one too.

If you won said Dobby award, what do you think it would be for?
- I was once a finalist for Most Original Story, so I'd hope it would be for that. I like writing things that are different from the norm :p

What's your favorite book? Movie? TV show? Website?
- book: The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. Hunting Unicorns by Bella Pollen is also good.
- film: The Lion King, Moulin Rouge, Atonement, I, Robot.
- TV show: Merlin, Waterloo Road, Outnumbered

What's your favorite fic that you wrote?
- I'm pretty fond of most of my fics :p I'd say Sitting in the Orange Tree is my favourite :happy:

That you didn't write?
One Day 15+ by PenguinsWillReignSupreme

What is your favorite era, genre, and ship?
I'm not fussy, I'll read anything with a good plot and that's written well. I love Romance and Angst, and my favourite ship is Teddy/Rose.

Thank you for all these questions! :wub:

Posted Image

#12 LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Wow, I love the same foods! Have you ever had Thai? I've only had it once, and it was really good. I like spicy foods the best, which is probably why I like Mexican the most. :)

Are there any NextGen pairings you like a lot, other that Teddy/Rose?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All icons taken from ushitora_icons on LiveJournal.

#13 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Wow, I love the same foods! Have you ever had Thai? I've only had it once, and it was really good. I like spicy foods the best, which is probably why I like Mexican the most. :)

Are there any NextGen pairings you like a lot, other that Teddy/Rose?

I do like Thai! Fish thai-style is always lovely. I can't really tolerate really spicy foods, so I have to be careful what I have :p

Next Gen pairings... I love Teddy/Victoire, Scorpius/Rose, Teddy/Molly II and pretty much any ship involving Teddy. Not really into Albus/OC or James/OC - I've yet to read one where the OC is realistic or interesting. I'm just fussy :p

Thanks for the questions!

Posted Image

#14 silverstarletworld

silverstarletworld

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi Marina, I hope that it is ok that I ask you a few questions :D

1) How do you find the inspiration to write your stories.
2) Do any of your characters from your stories have characteristics from people that you know?
3) If you could be any next-generation character who would you be and why?
4) I am completely in LOVE with you story 'Just Rose', so I was wondering why you decided to make Scorpius all stalkerish and different from the way he is usually portrayed?
5) I also LOVE how you portray Molly, why did you have her live with Rose and not anyone else?
6) Will Rose ever be happy?
7) Can you tell me if her and Scorpius will ever get together?
8) Please :cry: ?
9) Do you know roughly how many more chapter there will be?

Sorry for all the questions :sweat: , but like I said I really do enjoy your stories especially 'Just Rose' and I hope you conitnue :happy:

Posted Image

<3 L.U.S.H set by justonemorefic <3

#15 tell_me_what_the_truth_is

Site DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi Marina, I hope that it is ok that I ask you a few questions :D

1) How do you find the inspiration to write your stories.
2) Do any of your characters from your stories have characteristics from people that you know?
3) If you could be any next-generation character who would you be and why?
4) I am completely in LOVE with you story 'Just Rose', so I was wondering why you decided to make Scorpius all stalkerish and different from the way he is usually portrayed?
5) I also LOVE how you portray Molly, why did you have her live with Rose and not anyone else?
6) Will Rose ever be happy?
7) Can you tell me if her and Scorpius will ever get together?
8) Please :cry: ?
9) Do you know roughly how many more chapter there will be?

Sorry for all the questions :sweat: , but like I said I really do enjoy your stories especially 'Just Rose' and I hope you conitnue :happy:

Hi! Thank you so much for these amazing questions!

1. When I first start a story the inspiration tends to come from things I read, see on TV or situations in real life that I think would make good material for a story. I have a bit of an over-active imagination so things develop really quickly once I start thinking about it.

2. Some of my characters do have traits that some of the people I know also have, yes. I find the best way to write realistic characters is to use inspiration from your experience in real life. So if someone has a really obvious characteristic or has something that makes them unique I'll take inspiration from that.

3. That's a really good but really tricky question. I think I'd probably pick Victoire - as the oldest cousin, I see her as a really protective and strong character. I think she'd have a really close relationship with her siblings and the rest of her family, so I'd think she'd be a cool person. Plus, she'd get to be great at French thanks to Fleur, something I hope to achieve one day.

4. Outside of the queue I don't really read all that much. I tend not to pay attention to how other people write their characters because otherwise I end up trying to be deliberately different and then the characters aren't realistic. I honestly believe that Scorpius would be a bit weird. One generation is not enough to dispel bad feelings about the war and the Death Eaters, so I think he probably would have been a bit ostracised. I think the reason he's so obsessed with Rose is that she seems to have the ultimate life that he doesn't - a large, welcoming family and the chance to be normal. I don't think Scorpius would have that ;) /waffle

5. I like the idea of the family being really close - with so many of them, I doubt they'd all have normal friendships. I think a natural best friend for Rose would be one of her cousins and I think they have a lot in common with each other, just as Percy and Hermione did. Also, Molly is quite different to Rose in many of her life philosophies so I think they'd make a great team to balance each other out; the perfect flatmates :)

6. Rose is happy! She just has a funny way of showing it and probably doesn't realise how happy she really is. She's all "woe is me" because it gives her plenty of excuses.

7, 8 & 9. I can tell you that I have 5 "parts" planned for the novel. We're currently in part 1. Scorpius is definitely going to paired up in 2 parts. That's all I'll say :happy: Sorry if that's vague! But I hope you won't be disappointed ;)

Thank you so much for stopping by :wub:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users