#1 preeah

preeah

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi folks!!! Posted Image

It's about time I created an MTA page so here I am and I'd like to introduce myself as Prea or pree-ah (that's how you pronounce it) thus the forum name I'm so clever ;)... and I'm known as ob sessed on the archives. I'm not really sure how to begin soooo.... *shuffles feet*

Well... I'm currently in university doing an English Language & Literature degree. Woooh weee so I guess you'd expect me to be very articulate and my grammar and punctuation to be very immaculate, however, I'm human and I make mistakes. Loads of mistakes. Particularly grammar. Nevertheless, I still choose not to have a beta because I'm too impatient to wait for one and I like posting once I've written since it sometimes takes me awhile to write. I never plan anything out. I tend to just write and write and my characters tell me where to go. I mean of course I have a general plan, but really, it could change if my character wants it to change.

I'm currently in the midst of writing TWO novel/novella length fanfics. My main one is Keeping the Secret, which is a Sirius/OC one and the second is Seeing Red which is a James Potter II/OC one. I have 2 one shots up called Lollipop (ScoRose) and All or Nothing (George/Angelina). (as of Dec 25th 2010)

I love Marauder-eras and Next-Gen to death. Actually, lately I've been more in love with Next-Gen cause there's so much leeway for the author and I never have to get annoyed if the author doesn't stick to canon because there's not much canon for Next-Gen fics to follow. I plan on writing more Next-Gen fanfics as well so stay tuned ;)

Erm... my style of writing is generally humor. I do love my fluffy moments and really tense moments between the two lovebirds (ha ha). Soooo much fun to write! :p

Anyway, I don't want to talk too much so ask away!!! Posted Image

I don't bite. Promise.

Edited by preeah, 24 December 2010 - 07:22 PM.

iUFwM.png

hpff author's page [12+ to M] | tda gallery [12+]

author of Raising the Stakes, Keeping the Secret & many more.

#2 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Preeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah *tromps through* How are you, lovely?

LETS FIRE UP THIS THREAD WITH SOME QUESTIONS.

1. Please tell me your HP man of choice hasn't changed :3
2. Following up on that, ARE YOU EVER GOING TO WRITE THAT OLIVER/OC YOU KIND OF THOUGHT OF WRITING BUT NEVER DID?
3. Okay, lets get to the down and dirty. What's your guilty pleasures for movies, tv, etc?
4. Current obsession in or out of fandom?
5. Classic: Top 5 fav fics!
6. More classic! Favorite ship to read? To write? Have you got an obscure one you like?
7. Current favorite fic that you wrote?
8. How's graphics making been? Show off your finest creation 8D
9. What's the outlook for new year? Want to brag about something? Gonna give us a heads up on what you're gonna hurtle toward us?

:yahoo:Okay that's enough for now! 8D

wzSaW.pngjWSQk.pngVuMlQ.png
^ click | TDA | art/tumblr | all links [M]

#3 preeah

preeah

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

Hiiii yoouuu! Yay for being the first person to ask me questions Posted ImageOkay... let's tackle these then.

1. Please tell me your HP man of choice hasn't changed :3

Oh dear! Haha, you're putting me on the spot here... Of cooourse, I'm still madly in love with Oliver *swoon*, but I've also fallen in love with James Sirius Potter. There's just something about the eldest son of the Wizarding World's saviour. He's just so... hunky. Or at least the James in my head. Haha. Oh oh and of course, Sirius Black. How could I not? ;)

2. Following up on that, ARE YOU EVER GOING TO WRITE THAT OLIVER/OC YOU KIND OF THOUGHT OF WRITING BUT NEVER DID?

Hahaha! Errmm.... well... I will I will. I just have so many ideas floating in my head and due to my recent love of Next-Gen, they all seemed to be related to that, but I will write an Oliver/OC eventually. Although the plot bunny that I had for it has suddenly disappeared and I can no longer remember what it was that I wanted to write. But trust me, I will write an Oliver/OC, I love Oliver Wood too much!! I just need to wait for a new plot bunny to attack... we'll see how long that takes. I might take to attaching my body with plot carrots and hope plot bunnies will run at me. :D

3. Okay, lets get to the down and dirty. What's your guilty pleasures for movies, tv, etc?

Down and dirty, ha! Erm... guilty pleasures. Okay for tv shows, it's Glee. I'm not a big fan of the teen drama shows, but Glee's different cause they sing and I love people that can sing (considering I am musically challenged in every which way). Not to mention Harry-fricking-Potter is now on Glee!! I even download the songs Posted Image... Yep. I'm a Gleek! Haha. Oooh and my recent guilty pleasure is One Direction. Do you know X Factor? Although I said I like people that sing, I really don't like the singing competition shows like American Idol or X Factor. However, my friends have been making me watch this season and there's a boy band group (compromised of like 16 year old boys) and they're SOOO cute! I love them. It's slightly wrong and weird, but ah well... Movies? Hmmm... I love stupid romantic comedies even if they're bad and super cliched. I love them. I can't help myself. RomComs are so cute :)

4. Current obsession in or out of fandom?

Obsession... Hmm... *ponders*... obsession. In fandom? Next-Gen as I've been saying haha. Out of fandom? Shopping!! It's a curse, I can't seem to help myself. Oh oh and the show, Misfits! AH-MAZING!!! <3

5. Classic: Top 5 fav fics!

Oh wow. This is really hard... I'm also assuming you don't mean fanfics.
1. All Harry Potters (they count as one I suppose) - JK Rowling
2. Demons Don't Dream - Piers Anthony (or any of his books)
3. Atonement - Ian MacEwan
4. The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime - Mark Haddon
5. Eragon - Christopher Paolini

6. More classic! Favorite ship to read? To write? Have you got an obscure one you like?

Ooooh!!! Sooo many favourites!! Okay, I started off with Sirius/OC *swoon* but since I'm writing one, I choose not to read others. Weird habit. Of course, Oliver/OC! I just looovvee Oliver Wood... he's Scottish, that's enough said. Annd Remus/OC is a recent favourite. I wish there were more fanfics for this ship... and James II/OC and Albus/OC are my favourite Next-Gen ships, but mostly James II. He's my recent love interest. :p

7. Current favorite fic that you wrote?

Haha... errr... Keeping the Secret is my baby so it's my favourite. I love writing Deora's character and I'm more invested in this fanfic, but Seeing Red's appeal is that I'm writing in a male perspective and it's really fun to put myself in that position. Although, it is way harder and I have no clue where I'm going with it.

8. How's graphics making been? Show off your finest creation 8D

Graphics making has beeen good in the recent weeks. I went through a dry spell from October till now. Erm, let's see... finest creation, huh? I have no idea but this is the one I put in the YBW thread:
Posted Image

I made it for a challenge but I love it :)

9. What's the outlook for new year? Want to brag about something? Gonna give us a heads up on what you're gonna hurtle toward us?

Holy Merlin, the new year is looking busy. I've got 8000 words to write till the 12th and I haven't really started any... but I'm super excited cause I'm turning 20 soon!!! February 5th to be exact and my friend's throwing me a party and ahhhh, I'm just super excited for my birthday! :D What else? Oh, I'm also excited to get back to uni and see my friends. It's only been like a week and a half but I miss them already. I also miss my boy *blushes* and as for fanficdom, I'm going to hopefully be churning out more chapters for both KtS and Seeing Red. I'm excited to see what people think of the new turn of events in KtS because it's quite absurd but also slightly awesome (in my head at least... would use a diff more appropriate adjective but don't want to give it away).

Anyway, thank you so much for being the first person to ask me questions!!! Hoooraahh!!! Hope you have an amazing day and feel free to ask me more questions!! I really enjoyed this :D

xxx

Edited by preeah, 28 December 2010 - 02:27 AM.

iUFwM.png

#4 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

Oh totally with the James II. He's my Next Gen adorkable... dork. In any case, I love writing his PoV too! (however, I am going to narrow my eyes at you in attempts to pressure you to stay on that Oliver Wood train. Stay right there, missy). And P.S. I've always adored that graphic of yours.

And I will ask you more questions!
1. Since you love your OCs, what kind of OCs do you like the most?
2. I did mean fics, actually, but it's nice to know your non-fic favs too! So, top 3 fics?
3. More top 3s. Top 3 movies?
4. Top 3 hunks < because I have seen you squee of men at various times in your statuses, and I would like you to rank them now, as difficult as it may be 8D
5. Have you got an HP role model?

wzSaW.pngjWSQk.pngVuMlQ.png
^ click | TDA | art/tumblr | all links [M]

#5 preeah

preeah

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Haha YAYYY!! more questions... i do love questions. :p

1. Since you love your OCs, what kind of OCs do you like the most?

Oh dear... that's hard. I like OCs that are feisty with a mind of their own (maybe sometimes violent, always fun to read). Obviously, there are more female OCs so I like the ones where they can dish it back as well as they receive it. I mean I do love the 'transformation' stories with the tom boy to sex-bomb thing, but I like OCs who are equally feminine and masculine... err... if you know what I mean. It just makes them seem more rounded... :D

2. I did mean fics, actually, but it's nice to know your non-fic favs too! So, top 3 fics?

Oh. Haha. Woooopsies... fanfics, huh?? MATCH! If only she finished it... I'm still dying inside a little that it's not finished, but meh. Fine. This is so hard cause I discover new fanfics everyday and I love them all. Erm... OH! I fell absolutely 100% topsy turvy in love with dream_Big's novella story called Vanilla Twilight. This story is just soooo adorable and cute, couldn't help fall in love with it. Also, the only Teddy/Victoire story I've read so it stands out, haha. <3 Loopyluna's fanfics: Wolfsbane and An Object of Interest have probably been two of the most exciting fanfics I've read as well. I'm only thinking completed stories at the moment so those are the only ones really popping out to me. :D (p.s. if you haven't read them, do so!)

3. More top 3s. Top 3 movies?

Oooh! Okay... here goes:
1. Boondock Saints (what a cult classic... sooooo good! my ultimate favourite film. literally forced my ex to watch it with me and said if he didn't like it, we'd have to break up.. it's that good!)
2. Love Actually (cutest film ever!!! and what an amazing cast!)
3. From Dusk till Dawn (weirdest/coolest film ever... i am a massive Quentin Tarantino fan lols)

okay besides for Boondock Saints, the my top films tend to change by week or month, haha. :p

4. Top 3 hunks < because I have seen you squee of men at various times in your statuses, and I would like you to rank them now, as difficult as it may be 8D

Grrr, woman, you are making this hard for me on purpose!! Posted Image Ahhhh *ponders for about 5 hours*....
1. Gaspard Ulliel (PHWOAAARRRRR!!! fit and foreign, yes please!!)
2. James McAvoy (not conventionally hot, but he's Scottish. he's adorable and he stars in pretty fricking good films and did I mention... he's Scottish?!)
3. okay... it's a tie between Ryan Reynolds (need I give a reason? have you SEEN those abs?!) and Gerard Butler (again, need i list reasons? he's Scottish and he's the King of the Spartans, haha) -- but I love both cause they're sooooo cheeky and I love cheeky boys. xD

5. Have you got an HP role model?

HP role model? I haven't really thought about it... but if I had to choose a role model, I guess it would be the Weasley twins. Living through life with a great sense of humor is a great trait. I mean you can't solve life with humor and I guess they sometimes hide behind it, but I reckon laughter is better than being traumatised by the stress of it all. Right? :D Plus I just love them. <3

Wooh!! That was fun & hard!! *shakes fist at Gina* ;) I enjoyed that though... the lists were a tad bit hard, but it's alright! I forgive. :D Feel free to ask more!

iUFwM.png

#6 MissMuggle

MissMuggle

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hey! So I'm a fan. I love Raising the Stakes. So I am mostly here to beg you for an update!!!
But I also have a question.
How do you come up with your OCs? And keep them consistant with however they are supposed to be?

set by Snoopy

Posted Image

Writing Exercise Challenge Winners: Splintered Roses(M) Heartache in Hogsmeade(15+) Their Trip to Gringotts(M)

#7 preeah

preeah

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hey! So I'm a fan. I love Raising the Stakes. So I am mostly here to beg you for an update!!!
But I also have a question.
How do you come up with your OCs? And keep them consistant with however they are supposed to be?

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!! I had no idea you had even asked me a question... and about the no updates thing. I've been away for a good year but hey, now I'm back and I definitely plan on finishing RtS!! :p

Umm.. oh wow, my OCs. I don't really have a process, I probably should, but I find that just by writing and writing, I get a better idea of them. Truth be told, when I come up with a character, I get one glimpse of who they are. It's usually a scene that pops into my head and when I start writing that scene, they sort of come to life and tell me who they are. Keegan was like that... I had a scene of her reading that student newspaper article and how furious she was by it, then when I started writing that first chapter, it was like oh this girl is quite angry and competitive. She's quite useless with romance and emotions, oh she's blahblahblah...

The more I write, the more I know.. :)

Sometimes I do plan out certain aspects of their character though. Like... for instance with Storm (a new fic I wrote), my OC, Milly is quite a loner, and I had to figure out all of the reasons why she is the way she is, and so forth, because it ties in greatly with the plot.

I hope... that answered your question... if not... oops, sorry. :D

iUFwM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users