Hi, i'm in need of a bit of summary advice and help! I'm currently using this one for a story of mine but i feel like it's drab and uninteresting and would love to give it a new look. Plus, i don't really feel like it's really showing what the story is about. It's currently called Other Spaces, but the title may change to Whispers in the Night.
It's a story of grief of Molly losing her sister and how she learned to find herself again after that. It is loosely based around that quote about how sometimes in the destruction of life can you finally find stability. Molly's also a bit of a control freak and really isn't ready to accept her sister's death. It goes on from the funeral, where she believes it to be a dream to having these flashbacky type things and actually seeing Lucy (hence, the title, Whispers in the Night... Ooo what could that mean? ). In that way, its a bit of a dark story about not letting go and falling into darkness and climbing back out again ( with the trusty help of two little kids and a stranger called Liam Finnigan who may or may not me related to Seamus ).
Here's the link [15+] if you want to get a feel of the first chapter, it's short.
Anyway, i'd love opinion and/or suggestions!! Let me know if you need any more information or have questions on anything. Thank you so much
Okay, I'll give this a shot. I read the new one that you had come up with and it sounded a little bit melodramatic to me, but I'll see if I can think of something better...no guarantees
- The only thing that Molly wants is stability, but tragedy tends to crack that dream. Can she hold onto her sanity as the world crumbles around her?
- Her world is crumbling, and so is her sanity.
- Sometimes in the face of adversity, it's tempting to flee from reality. It's tempting to listen to the whispers in the night.
- Molly's perfect world has fallen apart, and she's quickly losing everything she holds dear, even her own mind.
Okay, maybe I'm even more melodramatic...I don't know. Maybe these will spark something for you. I hope they help a bit! Good luck and happy writing!
Okay, so I've now had 4 different summary's for this story, and I really think I just need to settle with 1
Nothing I can write for this story works for me, so I just sit there and galre at my screen ^_^
So now it's the hands of you guys
The story goes that Fred Weasley the First is a ghost. He was given a few choices when he died, and he choose to become a guardian angel hoping it would be to george or his mother, however he got Fred Weasley II, in the next gen, and he hates it.
Fred embarks on this mission to help Fred Weasley II with getting the girl he wants, but in the meantime realises that he can't always help everyone and can't always save the day - the story isn't a happy ending for either, as Fred 1 does something his not meant to which demotes him from his guardian angel status, and Fred Weasley II doesn't get the girl, becuase that was never his path - as it was never Fred 1's to interfer (a guardian may only watch, and learn, techinally). So he gets demoted, and then in the epilogue we see, Fred II talking to his dad and relaying a message back to him, that Fred 1 asked him to deliver.
Lavendar Brown also plays a major part in this story.
And that's about it
My current summary goes like this.
Mmmmmkay, let's see what I can come up with here:
- Life gets complicated when you die.
- We all a choice in life--or, in my case, death--to interefere or to let things happen as they're "meant to." I never seem to make the right decision.
- Rather than just dying peacefully like a normal person, I've been made a guardian angel. And I thought death itself was bad.
- Death isn't as simple as you'd think.
- If only they'd let me die in peace. I was never meant to be a babysitter or a matchmaker. I didn't sign up for this.