• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hello! Welcome to my MTA page; the place for you to ask me questions about my writing, graphics, inspiration, ideas, anything.

My stories are (newest first):

Generation to Generation [12+]
The Ford Anglia Flies! [12+]
Sunny-Side Up With Pumpkin Juice [12+]
Of Tears and Laughter [15+]
Nothing [15+]
The Sorting of Albus Severus Potter [12+]
I'm Falling in Love With Who?? [12+]

Edited by orderofthephoenix, 23 January 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#2 Fleur Delacour Potter

Fleur Delacour Potter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hey there, I saw you in the update sidebar. I guess I'm the first one to come and ask questions!

I remember reading The Sorting Of Albus Severus Potter. I liked it.

So onto the questions:

1.What is your favorite era?
2. Your favorite ship to write? Is it your favorite ship?
3. Which characters would you avoid writing? Why?
4. Which of your stories do you like the best?

Good luck with your writing,
Fleur

Posted Image

Made by squaredancer

Little Louis (15+)

#3 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hey there, I saw you in the update sidebar. I guess I'm the first one to come and ask questions!

I remember reading The Sorting Of Albus Severus Potter. I liked it.

So onto the questions:

1.What is your favorite era?
2. Your favorite ship to write? Is it your favorite ship?
3. Which characters would you avoid writing? Why?
4. Which of your stories do you like the best?

Good luck with your writing,
Fleur

Hi Fleur,

You certainly are the first to ask me questions, thanks! I'm glad you liked TSoASP. :D

1. I think my favourite era has to be Next-Gen just because I can decide the personalities and traits of the known younger characters and I can also create OC's more easily. With the Marauder and Hogwarts era, too much is known about the characters and situations that's it's hard to find something that hasn't been done before.

2. My favourite ship to write is either Rose/Scorpius or Albus/OC. In fact, I've got a Rose/Scorpius songfic in the queue at the moment and I'm also planning an Albus/OC fic, although I'm not sure when it will be written. For reading, it's probaby got to be Draco/Hermione... well anything with Draco in :whistling: and I also like reading Severus/OC fics.

3. I'm staying away from writing Draco/Hermione! I used that ship for my first story and I now realise how bad it was. It was quite badly written and I rushed it a lot! There are some very good Dramione fics out there but I don't think I'll be attempting that again for quite a while. I also avoid writing James/Lily fics because so many authors have written about this ship.

4. I'd definitely say The Sorting of Albus Severus Potter is my favourite story so far. :cool: I put a lot more effort into it than I did my first story and found it easier to write as well. Although, there are a couple of one-shots I'm writing for various challenges which I think are pretty good too ;)

Thanks for asking me these questions. :give_rose: If you'd like to know anymore, feel free to ask again :laugh:

Sophia x

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#4 MaraudersFan2015

MaraudersFan2015

New student

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi Sophia!
Just a couple of questions:
1. Which character is your favorite to write?? I know we all have one character that is fun to write and keeps us motivated in our fanfics.
2. Which of the books is your favorite out of the series?

~Liz

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good......and my mischief can't be managed...... =]

*~Doctor Who~* *~NCIS~* *~Bones~*
Volleyball + Softball + Hockey = my life in sports <3

#5 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi Sophia!
Just a couple of questions:
1. Which character is your favorite to write?? I know we all have one character that is fun to write and keeps us motivated in our fanfics.
2. Which of the books is your favorite out of the series?

~Liz

Hey Liz!
Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

1. It's a hard decision because I like all the next-gen characters but I think I'd have to go with Rose Weasley. Just because she's got Ron and Hermione's genes which is a brilliant combination and quite a lot of fun to write :laugh:

2. You may have already guessed my favourite book, but it's Order of the Phoenix. The comedy with Umbridge and Fred/George is brilliant.:yahoo: The only bit I dislike is Sirius dying 'cos... well, he didn't deserve to die!! :cry: :( :down:

Thanks once again!

Sophia x

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#6 MaraudersFan2015

MaraudersFan2015

New student

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I completely agree! Rose would be a fun character to write about. And the whole Umbridge/Weasley twins rivalry there is hilarious. Fred didn't deserve to die in Deathly Hallows, Like Sirius in OoTP, Thanks for answering me. :)
~Liz

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good......and my mischief can't be managed...... =]

*~Doctor Who~* *~NCIS~* *~Bones~*
Volleyball + Softball + Hockey = my life in sports <3

#7 gingersnape

gingersnape

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

Sophia dearest, wilst thou answerith my questions? *dances to Renaissence music that came from nowhere*

1. These are the random questions. They will take up one question so I can make it seem like I'm not just asking you crazy things! :)
1a. Favorite color?
1b. Favorite song?
1c. Favorite month?
1d. What's your opinion on sporks?
1e. Do you have any pets?
1f. Thoughts on cheese?
2. If you could write down one outlandish plunnie (I've never heard of a normal plunnie, so that's why I call them "outlandish" :p ) that's floating around in your head, what is that plunnie?
3. If you could pick to change places with any character you've written, who is it and why?
4. What makes HPFF special to you?
5. What's one crazy thing that's inspired you?
6. What's the weirdest story you've ever read? No name or anything, but what was it about that made it so crazy?
7. Do you prefer writing or receiving reviews more? Which do you think is harder?

That's all for now, but I might swing by in a few weeks or something if you post another story I have some questions about! :laugh:

Edited by gingersnape, 15 March 2011 - 10:47 PM.

Emccentric_zps15ad6c78.gif
HPPC (12+) | set by Emccentric@TDA | Author's Page (12+)

#8 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

Sophia dearest, wilst thou answerith my questions? *dances to Renaissence music that came from nowhere*

1. These are the random questions. They will take up one question so I can make it seem like I'm not just asking you crazy things! :)
1a. Favorite color?
1b. Favorite song?
1c. Favorite month?
1d. What's your opinion on sporks?
1e. Do you have any pets?
1f. Thoughts on cheese?
2. If you could write down one outlandish plunnie (I've never heard of a normal plunnie, so that's why I call them "outlandish" :p ) that's floating around in your head, what is that plunnie?
3. If you could pick to change places with any character you've written, who is it and why?
4. What makes HPFF special to you?
5. What's one crazy thing that's inspired you?
6. What's the weirdest story you've ever read? No name or anything, but what was it about that made it so crazy?
7. Do you prefer writing or receiving reviews more? Which do you think is harder?

That's all for now, but I might swing by in a few weeks or something if you post another story I have some questions about! :laugh:

Ginger! You asked such lovely questions that I had to reply straightaway! I love the rainbow colours, by the way, :)

Yay for random questions!
1a. I love so many colours but if I have to choose one it would be... green. Bright, neon green, just like the HPFF wristbands.
1b. My favourite song changes all the time. But at the moment it is Better Than Revenge by Taylor Swift. I love so many songs on her newest album; it was so difficult to choose.
1c. Favourite month? I have no idea! I like different months because of the different seasons but I'm afraid I just can't choose.
1d. Sporks! What a fantastic word! Don't you just love the word spork?! :laugh:
1e. I have a tortoise called Toby. He's so cute; I love him <3
1f. It's ok. I'm not a big fan of cheese but I love jacket potato and cheese! I'm a bit weird, aren't I? :p

2. I love plunnies! :wub: The one plunnie I want to write is about someone breaking into Gringotts, successfully!

3. I'd probably swap places with Albus, in my story 'The Sorting of Albus Severus Potter', because he's got seven years ahead of him at Hogwarts. Who wouldn't want that?

4. That is such a loaded question, Ginger! How could you? Well, I'll try answering the question anyway.
HPFF is special in every way. First and foremost, it has improved my writing skills so much. I've learnt lots about writing from the authors here. Secondly, the people I have got to know, and love, during my short time on the forums. They are always there to encourage me, to help me, to support me whatever I do. There are members who have reviewed my stories and others who have introduced me to the wider world of Harry Potter. And that, is what makes HPFF special. :wub:

5. Seeing a robbery take place! That's what inspired the Gringotts' plot and storyline

6. I don't think I can remember the craziest story I've ever read. But I've definitely read some with some strange ships.

7. I think everyone prefers receiving reviews, don't they? I definitely find writing reviews harder. Not hard, just harder than I used to think. Now I have a review thread so I always want to make sure that writers get the best reviews possible. So I try to comment on all aspects of their story whenever possible.

These were amazing questions! Thank you! And you definitely brightened up my page with your rainbow-coloured questions :D

Sophia x :hug:

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#9 BrightStar

BrightStar

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Sophia!!!

Hi! You know I think your stuff is awesome from my reviews! A few lil questions!

1. Fav cannon ship and why?
2. Fav non cannon ship and why? (note - non cannon can be like Rose/Scorp since JKR didnt say this)
3. Least fav ship EVER and why?
4. What character are you most like? Cannon or your own!
5.Who is your next gen hearthrob?? Scor, Teddy, who? You have to pick one!
6. When you see you have a new review, whats your reaction?
7. When and where do you write?

Scenario: J.K. Rowling turns up at your house for directions to somewhere. What do you do Sophia, what do you do???

Edited by BrightStar, 16 March 2011 - 01:25 AM.

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome us home <3

#10 electricfeel

electricfeel

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hey! You left some questions for me a while back and I thought I'd ask you some too :)

So here goes...

1. Do you think the movies do the books justice?
2. What's your favourite movie?
3. Are there any actors who you think were not right for the role?
4. And what about any actors that are just perfect?
5. Lastly, how did you discover HPFF?

Sorry they mostly concentrate on the movies, but it seems you've already been asked all the good questions! Haha.

Posted Image

"A bit of light reading."
Set by Mr. Wind-Up Bird @ TDA. Featuring the band Hurts.

#11 maskedmuggle

maskedmuggle

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Sophia! Here to give you some more work to do :p

1. How often do you write? I see there's a few months between all your stories - do you just write when you feel like it, or only when you get a new plot bunny, enter a challenge, etc?
2. Now that you're a TDA artist, YAY, do you prefer making graphics or writing, why?
3. Do you think you're ever going to write something like Marauders or Founders? I'm guessing you're most comfortable with Next-Gen, which is why you generally stick to that genre?
4. Since you only have one-shots (like me, haha - ahh, i have 7 stories up like you too!), do you write them in one sitting, or does it take you awhile?
5. Is there any reason why you only have one-shots? Have you tried writing a chaptered fic?

This is probably enough :p :wub:

CALL ME CHARLOTTEhpff | tda | both 12+ | quixotic @tda

7g2Polp.png

#12 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Sophia!!!

Hi! You know I think your stuff is awesome from my reviews! A few lil questions!

1. Fav cannon ship and why?
2. Fav non cannon ship and why? (note - non cannon can be like Rose/Scorp since JKR didnt say this)
3. Least fav ship EVER and why?
4. What character are you most like? Cannon or your own!
5.Who is your next gen hearthrob?? Scor, Teddy, who? You have to pick one!
6. When you see you have a new review, whats your reaction?
7. When and where do you write?

Scenario: J.K. Rowling turns up at your house for directions to somewhere. What do you do Sophia, what do you do???

Hi B! Sorry for taking so long to answer these questions!

1. Ron/Hermione suit each other and they balance out each other really well.
2. I love both ScoRose and Al/OC but if i have to choose one, it would be Sco/Rose. Their relationship isn't an easy one at all, but I believe they belong together.
3. Hermione/Scabior. Just no.
4. Truthfully, I have no idea. But I'll go with my usual answer of Hermione.
5. I hate you for asking me this! =P Umm... Teddy.
6. Yay! -runs off to read them- (Which reminds me, I have reviews to answer :whistling: )
7. Whenever I have the inspiration to write, I will. I prefer to write at my laptop or in my room as that's where I'm most comfortable.
Scenario: :ohmy: :woot: :shout: Talk about everything else except the directions :D

Thanks for those entertaining questions!

Hey! You left some questions for me a while back and I thought I'd ask you some too

So here goes...

1. Do you think the movies do the books justice?
2. What's your favourite movie?
3. Are there any actors who you think were not right for the role?
4. And what about any actors that are just perfect?
5. Lastly, how did you discover HPFF?

Sorry they mostly concentrate on the movies, but it seems you've already been asked all the good questions! Haha.

Hi!
1. Yes, I think most of them do. I never used to think that, but as I grew up I realised that the movies can't include everything in the book and there have to be some changes made. I think most of the changes/cuts scenes/added scenes were the right decisions.

2. I change my mind about this all the time! At the moment, it's PoA because it's the film I watched most recently. :laugh: But it's also where Sirus, Remus and Peter were properly introduced and we learnt of their story.

3. Bonnie Wright as Ginny. She wasn't as bold as I expected her character to be and there really wasn't any chemistry between her and DanRad.

4. I love Rupert Grint as Ron. Not only did he play Ron very well, he enhanced the character with humour and his likeability.

5. "I think I first found HPFF in 2008. I can't remember how exactly, but I read a few stories on there then forgot about the site. I came back a year later and made an account but I didn't post any stories until October last year." - taken from QTR Issue 11.

Thank you!

Sophia! Here to give you some more work to do

1. How often do you write? I see there's a few months between all your stories - do you just write when you feel like it, or only when you get a new plot bunny, enter a challenge, etc?
2. Now that you're a TDA artist, YAY, do you prefer making graphics or writing, why?
3. Do you think you're ever going to write something like Marauders or Founders? I'm guessing you're most comfortable with Next-Gen, which is why you generally stick to that genre?
4. Since you only have one-shots (like me, haha - ahh, i have 7 stories up like you too!), do you write them in one sitting, or does it take you awhile?
5. Is there any reason why you only have one-shots? Have you tried writing a chaptered fic?

This is probably enough

You just had to ask me questions that I'd have to think hard about, didn't you, Charlotte? :wub:

1. I usually only write when I get a plot bunny or inspiration of some kind. Sometimes, challenges provide me with that inspiration so I'll enter the challenge. I've tried to force myself to write but I'm never happy with the end result so I don't post it on the archive.

2. I'm afraid I have to say I prefer making graphics at the moment. :couch: It's because of two reasons: graphic making is still quite new and exciting to me, and I've not found writing easy at all over the last few months. I'm slowly getting back into writing now though which I'm so pleased about!

3. At present, I doubt it. While I like reading some Marauders stories, I don't have an interest in writing either Marauders or Founders generation. Perhaps when I'm more comfortable with my writing, I might attempt it. Yeah, I definitely prefer Next-Gen because I can design the characters to my liking and give them traits I think suits them.

4. Most of the one-shots were written in one sitting, then I'd go back and redraft it a few days later. I think Of Tears and Laughter took the longest to write because I wasn't happy with the mood and quality of the story and had to edit it several times over weeks before it was ready.

5. Simply put, I'm afraid of starting a longer story that I might not finish or I might lose interest in. That's probably my main reason for attempting NaNo this year. It would be a massive achievement for me if I managed to write those 50,000 words and finish the story without giving up on the plot. :)

---

Thank you everyone! I really enjoyed answering all your questions! :hug:

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

#13 nikkinike

nikkinike

Swoosharific

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hey Soph! Some lovely questions for you.

1. Why do you like writing one-shots?
2. Why are you such an awesome prankstress? :p
3. Do you have a favorite type of graphic?
4. Do you think you will ever do something romance?
5. Favorite emoticon? :laugh:

:hug: :wub:

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

comet@tda is amazing <3

#14 valehm

valehm

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

I love your style so I can't help but ask, have you ever thought of writing something longer? I'd love to read that :yes:

sh2d.pngsh1d.pngsh3d.png

#15 orderofthephoenix

orderofthephoenix

Fairly Godmother

• Prefect
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Waaaay overdue on replying to these! Sorry!

Hey Soph! Some lovely questions for you.

1. Why do you like writing one-shots?
2. Why are you such an awesome prankstress? :p
3. Do you have a favorite type of graphic?
4. Do you think you will ever do something romance?
5. Favorite emoticon? :laugh:

:hug: :wub:

Hi Nikki! 

1) I prefer writing one shots because they're the style of story that fit my ideas best. I've tried writing longer stories, but I can't seem to stick at them long enough to get them off the ground, unfortunately. One shots allow me to write up the idea I have and leave it at that. 

2) Experience ;) I did my fair share of practical jokes and pranks in school which helped. :p

3) I've always loved banners. An eye-catching banner is what usually encourages me to read a story if I'm scrolling down the Recently Added list. They're my favourite graphic to make as well... there's something about the horizontal-ness of their shape that I like :p 

4) There's always that possibility, but it's probably unlikely. I don't tend to read much romance, preferring action or adventure stories, and it's the same with my writing. 

5) You know me, it's got to be the hugging emoticon! :hug: 

Thanks for popping by, Nikki! :wub: 

I love your style so I can't help but ask, have you ever thought of writing something longer? I'd love to read that :yes:

Hi valehm! 

Aw, thank you for that. I struggle with multi chaptered stories a lot; I can never keep writing them long enough to make it worth posting. Also, I'm not writing fanfiction much anymore so I don't think I'll be posting a longer story on the archives anytime soon. Sorry! :( 

Thanks for visiting! :)

Sophia
Posted Image
stories || gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users