• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

Madame Pomfrey

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

Please place any recommendations for Others: Time-Travel stories here. (stories in which a character travels to another era. Usually a member of the trio traveling back to visit the Marauders)

Try to fill out any relevant information in the following form:

[b]Penname[/b]
[b]Story Title[/b]
[b]Link[/b] 
[b]Rating[/b] 
[b]Warnings[/b] 
[b]Ships (if any...)[/b] 
[b]Genres/Sub-Genres[/b] 
[b]Wordcount[/b] 
[b]Completed[/b] 
[b]Summary/Story Synopsis[/b] 
[b]Why You Would Recommend It[/b]

Following are some of the existing recommendations from the previous Time-Travel thread:

Penname Atarus Lupin
Story Title Love in the Past
Link http://www.fanfictio...p?sid=39091&i=1
Rating M
Warnings Mild Language, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Spoilers
Ships (if any...) Remus/Hermione (TT)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, General
Wordcount 41940
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis CHAPTER 14 UP! Hermione has an accident with her time turner. She ends up finding her self in the time of the Marauders. Before she can go home will she find love with a certain Marauder Rated 'R' for later chapters.
Why You Would Recommend It

Penname HPFANF
Story Title Hidden Passions and Desires
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=47702
Rating 15+
Warnings Mild Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Spoilers, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Ships (if any...) Sirius/Hermione (TT)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, Action, Fluff
Wordcount 6200
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis Hermione's time turner breakes and she gets sent back to the Marauder's time. she falls in love with Sirius, changes her style and attitude. Romance/Action/Adventure.

Penname oOo_MoonyGirl_oOo
Story Title A Cry for Help
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=52801
Rating 12+
Warnings Mild Violence
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, Angst
Wordcount 15730
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis This is the story that came before When All is Lost... And the first part of a soon to be trilogy!

Penname MarauderMan
Story Title Warning From The Future
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=59837
Rating 12+
Warnings Mild Language
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, Action, General, Angst, Mystery
Wordcount 12095
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis Harry returns to Hogwarts for his sixth year, someone he loves dearly returns and they end up in a time-turning twist Thanks to Chicablue for the awesome banner...PLEASE REVIEW Chapter 6 is dedicated to Angela and Fletch, Fletch you'll always be in our hearts!

Penname Jaydah
Story Title Her Last Words
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=73956
Rating M
Warnings Mild Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance
Wordcount 36521
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis ****COMPLETE**** Some things are so precious. Like Time and...Sirius? Hermione meets someone who she never thought she could love due to a time turner accident. Hermione/Sirius

Penname Winky
Story Title Only Time Will Tell
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=28293
Rating 12+
Warnings Suitable for All, Contains Spoilers
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, General
Wordcount 59827
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis Okay, who agrees with me that this banner is completely AWESOME?!?! Thank you so much, Night Wind!!! I love this banner! James and his fellow Marauders are always looking for a new prank to cause chaos at Hogwarts. But what will happen when the Marauders start messing with their very future? Only time will tell!

Penname MrIntel
Story Title A Wrinkle In Time
Link http://www.fanfictio...y.php?sid=95058
Rating 12+
Warnings
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Romance, Action, Fluff
Wordcount 30222
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis During the summer after Harry's fifth year, he visits the Burrow to find out about a mysterious gift given by Ginny Weasley. When the gift's powers are revealed, Harry and Ginny decide to use it to finally give Harry what he has always wanted.

Edited by Alopex, 08 June 2012 - 04:23 AM.

@HPFF [12+] | @HPFF Blog [12+] | @Twitter [M] | @Home [M] | @dA [15+] | @Personal Blog [M] | @Studio [15+] | @NaNo [M]

I am on vacation - honest to goodness, real life vacation. I will handle requests upon my return.

#2 jynx67

jynx67

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:48 AM

Penname: Hiduras
Story Title: Never Afraid - Never Brave
Link: Never Afraid - Never Brave
Rating: 12+
Warnings: none
Genres/Sub-Genres: General One-Shot
Word Count: 3464
Completed: yes
Summary/Story Synopsis:
Why You Would Recommend It: Heidi may think this is Out of Her Realm, but she fit to it rather well. It's a first person portrayal of a character going into an alternate past. It is brilliantly written.

#3 Derex

Derex

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Pennameteddylonglong
Story TitleHarry Potter and the Changed Time Line
Link Link 15+
Rating 15+
Warnings Mild Violence
Ships (if any...)
Genres/Sub-Genres Fluff, General, AU
Wordcount 121,181
Completed yes
Summary/Story Synopsis After the demise of Voldemort: time travel to the Marauders Harry spending a lot of time in the hospital wing changing of the time line finally Harry's finding of his family AU
Why You Would Recommend It This story is probably, in my opinion, a very different time travel story. It's just interesting.

Pennameteddylonglong
Story TitleHarry and the New Time Line
Link Link
Rating 1+
Warnings No Warnings
Ships (if any...) Harry/Ginny, Snape/Lily, Remus/OC
Genres/Sub-Genres Fluff, General, AU
Wordcount 155,515
Completed yes
Summary/Story Synopsis SEQUEL to Harry and the Changed Time Line!
How much has Harry changed the future? Will he be able to adjust to the new time line he constucted while being in the past? Will his dream about a family come true?

Why You Would Recommend It For all the snape/lily fans. and the same reason as the other one.

Pennameteddylonglong
Story TitleHarry and the Alternate Time Line
Link Link
Rating 12+
Warnings No warnings
Ships (if any...) Harry/Ginny, James/Lily, Remus/OC
Genres/Sub-GenresGeneral, AU
Wordcount 159,477
Completed yes
Summary/Story Synopsis ALTERNATE SEQUEL to Harry and the Changed Time Line!
Only for those who cannot live with anybody else than James as Harry’s father – for all others I strongly recommend my original sequel! A family story.

Why You Would Recommend It Same reason as the others. But If you can't stand Snape/ Lily ships, read this one instead.

Edited by Derex, 26 April 2009 - 02:48 PM.

Signature done by xoxLAURAxox @ TDA

Posted Image

MTA(12+) TDA(12+)POWER; The Dawn Of A New Age (M)

Summary:

Hogwarts' heirs shall rise again, to fight the evils that terrorize the land. As Harry's sixth year starts the greatest secret that Dumbledore has held from him is reveald. What will Harry learn about his background and the history of his family. Will long distance relations keep Harry from loving Ginny, and will he befriend his rival Malfoy?

Pig's Assingment (12+)
He get's used for other peoples needs, never thanked. Always needed, and he never gets a rest during Christmas. This is the story of Ron Weasleys owl, Pigwidgeon
during the winter of their 6th year

#4 fuzzyslippers

fuzzyslippers

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

Penname: darsynia
Story Title: Then Shall I Know
Link: http://www.harrypott...php?psid=218334
Rating: 15+
Warnings: Mild Language, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Ships (if any...): Hermione/Sirius (as a teenager, of course)
Genres/
Sub-Genres[/b]: Humor, Romance, AU
Wordcount: Around 143,000
Completed
: No, WIP
Summary/Story Synopsis: Sent back via a magical device to 1977, Hermione's heart and sense of duty are tested by her knowledge of the future. Though determined not to change the past, she falls in love--and when she finally must return home, she must deal with her new memories as well as the impending war. Humor, Drama, Love, and Adventure!
Why You Would Recommend It: Alright, considering the fiction has one crazy coupling (Sirius and Hermione?!) I was admittedly wary about reading it. But I have to say, the way the author writes it, you find yourself wondering how you didn't realize the perfection of such a match beforehand. The pure effortlessness of the entire piece, paired with truly fantastic characterizations, makes reading the story a completely enjoyable experience. And, not only does the main pairing sparkle, but so do the other characters: Peter isn't just a tag-along joke, but a real part of the gang and the storyline; Lily and James, while already dating (so no side-romance, there), are both portrayed realistically; and the descriptions of the monthly transformation Remus goes through shows the devoted friendship of the boys. So, if you've got an open mind, and can get past the initial Sirius/Hermione scepticism, you might find that you've discovered a real jewel. Sirius/Hermione might not be your cup of tea, but quality writing is, surely, on everybody's menu, isn't it? Wow, long recommendation. : )

Edited by fuzzyslippers, 12 August 2009 - 05:05 AM.

#5 IllmareDjo

IllmareDjo

New student

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

Penname: lilausty
Story Title: Eclipse of Time
Link: http://www.harrypott...php?psid=259071
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Strong Violence, Sensitive Topic, Spoilers
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, AU
Characters: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Voldemort, Salazar, Godric, Rowena, Helga
Ships: Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione
Word Count: 175 000 and still going strong
Completed: No
Summary: Dumbledore is dead, Voldemort is strong, and Harry is in an abusive household. Could things get much worse? Despair grips Harry, as he realises that he now has to complete his task without his guide. What magic could he possibly evoke during a full solar eclipse that could turn the tide of the war? Watch as Harry completes his final year and prepares for the war that he was born for.
Why I Recommend: Usually with time travel stories I find that it is Harry or Hermione that gets sent somewhere. This was unique in its bringing people to the present day. Also, it reads very well and the characters are believable if different from those created by JK. The story is developed well and there is a good amount of suspense without being overwhelming all the time.

#6 Guest_BKL8008_Guest

Guest_BKL8008_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

Penname-BKL8008
Story Title-Dust
Link- http://www.harrypott...php?psid=258308
Rating -Mature
Warnings - Spoilers, death, sensitive themes
Ships (if any...) - canon compliant
Genres/Sub-Genres -mystery, drama
Wordcount - 11,333
Completed - yes
Summary/Story Synopsis - In the deserted halls of an abandoned manor house, a broken man wanders dusty corridors all alone, searching for the one bright spot in his life which was mercilessly snuffed out.
Why You Would Recommend It- I wrote it, and it involves time travel.

#7 moonbaby11

moonbaby11

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Penname Radcliffe_PotterFan319
Story Title Only Time
Link Link
Rating 15+
Warnings Mild Language, Mild Violance, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Ships (if any...) Harry/Ginny, James/Lily, Ron/Hermione
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, General, Romance
Wordcount 28272
Completed yes
Summary/Story Synopsis Count on the Marauders to play with something they aren't supposed to, they are now trapped in the furture. Harry's 7th year to be exact. Now the Maraduers and Lily have to act like exchanged students. When Harry finds out he becomes to close with James. What will happen when they leave? This a story about how Only Time can tell. Very OLD

Why You Would Recommend It It is a really great story about Harry meeting his parents, when they are 17. It also explains how Lily and James got together.

Posted Image

My HPFF (12-15+) | My TDA (12+) | icon and sig by me

#8 Violet Gryfindor

Violet Gryfindor

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Penname Phoenix_Flames
Story Title And Love Prevails
Link here
Rating Mature
Warnings Mild Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Ships (if any...) Dominique/Ignotus Peverell
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Romance
Wordcount 9336 words, 2 chapters
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis Dominique Weasley never felt as if she belonged. That is until she had a strange encounter with her uncle's Invisibility Cloak. Now she finds herself feeling at home in a place and time she never knew she could. She intertwines her fate with a man who is on the run from Death, and it then becomes her ultimate decision to either return home or stay with the man she has come to love, Ignotus Peverell, and perhaps rewrite history all the while.
Why You Would Recommend It It's a fascinating premise and a whole new way of looking at the time travel fic by using the Peverell brothers and their curious lives - there's a lot of potential for danger, not only with Death poking about, but with the constant worry of changing history. I'm really looking forward to updates on this one. :D

need a banner? try The Dark Arts (12+)
vaguelyclear5-1.png  vaguelyclear4-1.png  vaguelyclear3-1.png
Fanfiction ;; Graphics ;; MTA
above links 12+ | icons by vaguelyclear

#9 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Penname Lululuna 
Story Title Play the Devil 
Link M
Rating M
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Slash (Same-Sex Pairing), Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Ships (if any...) Rose/Richard III, Other Pairing, Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Romance, Young Adult
Wordcount 11 chapters - 61, 431 words
Completed No
Summary/Story Synopsis Poking her nose into places it doesn’t belong sends Rose Weasley back to the War of the Roses, where political intrigue, bloody battles and courtly love collide in a vibrant medieval world. Rose becomes entangled with the loyal and compelling Richard, a man who has been dead for over five hundred years. But the powers that govern time are not pleased by those who play them for fools.
Why You Would Recommend It Ok, not only is this time travel to one of my favourite eras ever (The War of the Roses!!!), it manages to incorporate that and the modern era really well. I can tell clearly that Jenna is a massive fan of the era, and that shows so much in her writing with the detail she includes from the little cameos of historical figures, mentions of current events and even to the food they eat. It just manages to blend both worlds together really well and it's such a great read!

0NK98PG.png
author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+]

julno wordcount: 52,013/50,000 words

#10 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Penname: Red_headed_juliet
Story Title:  Lucky Penny
Link: here
Rating: 12+
Warnings: none
Genres/Sub-Genres: Mystery, One-shot
Word Count: 2445
Completed: yes
Summary/Story Synopsis: 

She faded. There was no other way to describe it. Most witches would disappear with a crack, purpose moving them from one place to another, but not Penny. She was fog on a mirror, slowly fading away until there was nothing left but the memory of her to show she was ever there at all. Oh, and the puddle of ice cream melting on the floor.

Why You Would Recommend It: Well it was kind of inspired by River and The Doctor (if you don't know what I'm talking about that's okay). It's a beautiful story and she has such great description. Penny is a very interesting character. I'm kind of really tired right now so I'm sure this is crap but just trust me you should read it! She said she might make this a longer story, so fingers crossed! Just go read it! :p

from up above challenge winner

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsb09763

keyty | set by emmaweasley. go hufflepuff!

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users