57 replies to this topic

#31 bestlies

bestlies

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

I have read some really great Kyu stories. This (Livejournal - 15+) is probably the most amazing story ever. Funniest thing ever. Definitely read it. It's not Kyu exclusively, but all of SuJu, so it's just beyond amazing. Eventually I will force at least something of mine on you because I do have a Kyu piece that I really love. I think, haha.

That's terribly sad. You need to read more. I haven't read as many as I want to. I'm so picky when it comes to stories. Before yours, it has been a long time since I've read anything HP related and even longer with Oliver ones. But I am so loving your stuff. Your writing is really great, seriously.

...What's your favourite colour?

Edited by pennyardelle, 04 February 2011 - 04:16 AM.
added website title next to link

Posted Image Posted Image

#32 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

HAHAHAHA, I love it. Granted, I only know the personalities of Kyu, SIwon, Hangeng(ish and Heehee out of Suju. SUCH A TROLL, KYU. I have a looong reading list in wait. Some stuff I need to review too. Ahh time.

What's your favourite colour?
BRIGHT RED! Alternatively BRIGHT YELLOW! BRIGHT COLORS. Which defies all personality tests because I'm certainly not passionate nor sunshiny :p

(Haha, if you want to chat, you can throw over a PM :) Don't have to keep putting a question at the end to avoid the MTA god's wrath)

Edited by justonemorefic, 05 February 2011 - 09:47 PM.

sXRIrly.gif
Author's Page | TDA | art/tumblr | all links [M]

#33 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

I'M STALKING THROUGH YOUR WINDOWS, I'M ASKING YOUR QUESTIONS UP.

No, really. Here I am. In the flesh and sounding formal because I can't do ♥ or CAPS anywhere and there are people watching who dislike spam.

So -ahem- Gina.

1. I love Game and Play, they are both so wonderfully happy and fluffy and lovely and feature Tom Hardy and his abs. Do you enjoy writing fluff? Where did you get the inspiration for it?

2. And Capers Ensue is super cool. Who do you ship people with? Is Bea based off anyone you know?

3. Etc. etc. (and life goes on) is also pretteh awzum. I wub yo snark. What do you do to get in the mood to write? Specific music? Atmosphere? K-pop?

Derrr u go.

Posted Image

#34 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

Homg Hattie, you resurrected this topic from the grave. Teehee, I think most of these questions are out of date now.

1. I love Game and Play, they are both so wonderfully happy and fluffy and lovely and feature Tom Hardy and his abs. Do you enjoy writing fluff? Where did you get the inspiration for it?
Oh, so much of Tom Hardy's abs. His abs get their own cast mention.

I have a love/hate relationship with fluff in that it makes me want to die in cheese fondue, but it also makes me really happy and flail like a crocodile.

I totally grew up watching romantic comedies every weekend. Although one would think I might've grown up into a idealistic romantic, I actually turned out to be the opposite because of it. Yep: I was eleven and genre savvy already. Game/Play being my squishy rom-com, it's a combination of eyerolling at cute squishy things and actual cute squishy things (that may have also been inspired by real life cute squishy idiocy)

2. And Capers Ensue is super cool. Who do you ship people with? Is Bea based off anyone you know?

Haaa, you know, no one's ever asked me who I ship -- directly anyway. I ship a little bit of everyone (oh look at me dodging the question), my main ship is obviously Bea/Biscuit. There is also the tragic, never-meant-to-be ship of Bea/Tart of Lies.

Although -- you didn't hear it from me -- the next few chapters might be a little Nutty-Smarmy -whistles-

Bea isn't based off anyone, which is a first. She's mostly inspired by spunky Asian drama heroines, actually. Same tenacity and irrationality and downtroddeness~

3. Etc. etc. (and life goes on) is also pretteh awzum. I wub yo snark. What do you do to get in the mood to write? Specific music? Atmosphere? K-pop?
Snark all da waaays. Gosh, I don't know what I do to write etc. I have to feel vaguely elitist to write it. ...I'd probably read something by Gubby :p Otherwise, I actually have a whole doc of notes/dialogue snippets to get inspired by.

Silly Hattie, K-pop is for graphics making!

ALSO KITTEH <3

sXRIrly.gif

#35 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm spreading christmas love via MTA pages (at least attempting to) and,you know, I love your stories :xsmile:

1.) Whats your favourite word?
2.) What annoys you most about fanfiction?
3.) Are there any characters that you just would not be able to write about?
4.) Whats your favourite christmas smiley :xblink:
5.) What are you looking forward to most about next year?

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. :xsleigh: :xsleigh: :xsleigh:

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#36 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hiii! :wub:

1.) Whats your favourite word?
Probably lackadaisical (Lackadaisy is also the name of my favorite webcomic). I'm also easily amused by the words brouhaha and bombastic.

2.) What annoys you most about fanfiction?
I feel like many people are too easily settled into certain ways characters are portrayed. Sometimes, readers flip out when next-gen characters are portrayed differently than the "norm", when there isn't even anything to characterize them from! It only limits creativity, I think, which is terrible considering the boundlessness of next-gen.

And when characters (especially lesser-liked characters, like Cho or Fleur) are treated like these static representations of their portrayal in the books. People actually get angry when Cho isn't always portrayed as a whiny crybaby - as if she isn't someone who grows up in the war too! If I were 15 and saw my boyfriend die, I think I'd like the license to cry as much as I'd want, but I'm not going to stay like that for the next 20 years.

3.) Are there any characters that you just would not be able to write about?
I think the characters that I have the most trouble with are the ones who are willing to sacrifice anything for a person/cause, so I'd definitely have trouble with angsty Snape, and probably a lot of the Marauder-era characters in general.

4.) Whats your favourite christmas smiley :xblink:
:xmasdog: This is the dumbest looking dog I've seen in the last five minutes and I love it.

5.) What are you looking forward to most about next year?
Even less free time? 8D Naw, but I am quite excited to go to my first job fair ^__^

sXRIrly.gif

#37 razzledazzle13

razzledazzle13

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hey! I just found your author page and I realised I had to tell you how much I love your stories. I really like the way you integrate humor into them. Also, I think that the graphics you make are amazing. You're definitely a multi-talented person.

1.) What's your favourite colour?
2.) What is your favourite fanfiction on this site?
3.) What do you type of fanfictions do you not like to read?
4.) What inspired you to write 'etc. etc. (and life goes on)'?
5.) What would be your most important tip when writing a story?

Happy holidays! :)

#38 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Thank you! :D It really means a lot to me!

1.) What's your favourite colour?
For the past few months, it's been chartreuse, that yellow-green you tend to see in all my graphics, hehehe.

2.) What is your favourite fanfiction on this site?
Ohhh that's so hard to answer ;_; I've got favorites for different kinds of genres, but I could never compare them to each other.

My favorite next generation that captures the spirit of Hogwarts would be It's Called Adventure (15+) by Aiedail. There's a sequel too! There's no true bromance without Neville and unicorns!

Romantic comedy would be Bathing in Roses (M) by Celestie, who also writes a bunch of other of my favorite stories, such as the only James/Lily story I've ever adored, Amaranthine (15+)

Cracktastic humor, Starving Artists (15+) by peppersweet and the whole slew of other stories she's got in that universe. And because Julia's so talented, too, she's also written one of my fav angsty stories, a Draco/Luna, Christmas in Prison (M)

3.) What do you type of fanfictions do you not like to read?
I like to give everything a try -- good writing is good writing, I say. I do get easily bored though, so I need to be hooked very quickly or I lose interest, and I tend to not be interested in the Marauders era, or any era before that. Teenage-girl stories are hit-or-miss for me; there are just so many bad ones that have really annoying and/or unrealistic leads and plotlines, so I'm very picky about them.

4.) What inspired you to write 'etc. etc. (and life goes on)'?
It began with the title. I came up with it for someone else's story, but it didn't fit theirs, so I took it. I always wanted to write a matchmaker or advice column story, but when I put Clemence to paper, she ended up being this completely scathing, ruthless character, and it became something completely different.

It's a lot of fun writing her, because she's completely unfiltered. She says everything and anything, and I get to satirize a lot of next gen silliness and celebrity worship that way. It's a really indulgent fic for me because I don't have a filter while writing either xD

5.) What would be your most important tip when writing a story?
Put yourself in your characters' shoes to really, truly understand how they feel and would act (I used to write scripts and acted a bit in high school before I wrote any fics, so this is actually what I'm used to doing). I think a lot of people get caught up in the traditional characterizations and outcomes -- things they tend to see in fics or on TV, 'safe' story lines that have played out that way a million ways before. It's often boring and shallow. Be unafraid to give your characters flaws - real flaws that other characters react to. Let your protagonist make bad decisions and be disliked for valid reasons. They don't need to necessarily change, either. Overcoming weaknesses is hard and often not permanent.

sXRIrly.gif

#39 invisiblemaurader1

invisiblemaurader1

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

Okay, I'm confessing to majorly creeping you right now. Please don't be alarmed.

YOU READ ALL THE SAME BOOKS I DID - Robin McKinley AND Patricia C Wrede AND Gail Carson Levine were integral parts of my YA reading.

YOU LISTEN TO MY MUSIC - because anyone who likes Jaymay is AWESOME

YOU ARE HILARIOUS - this needs no explanation

YOU LIKE CATS. CATS ARE WONDERFUL.

and possibly most importantly,

YOU ARE A FELLOW CAPS LOCK REVIEWER. I feel like there are not enough of us and we should BAND TOGETHER because caps lock is AWESOME.

I realize these are not questions. But they are all things that need to be said to impress upon you the degree to which I think you are awesome.

My actual questions are probably very strange, but I hope you can get over that.

1. Do you ever find yourself falling for characters you've written? I mean, is there ever a point where you realize you have an unhealthy obsession with Oliver Wood (insert character of choice), or is that just me?

2. Who is your all time favorite HP character? Least favorite?

3. You said that you pretty much ship everything. Is there one ship that you flat out refuse to read, or are you more open-minded?

4. If Oliver and Rona had a child, what would they name it?

5. What is your favorite magical device used at any point throughout the series?

6. If you were a Weasley twin, which would you be?

#40 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

OMG RETURN CREEPING, I LOVE IT. It must've been a year (actually, just about exactly a year) since I did my stalkage of you. AND DEARIE ME, so much of my MTA is outdated BUT EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS STILL RELEVANT mostly because I haven't read anything new and my taste in music is stagnant as a puddle. AND CATS ARE ALWAYS WONDERFUL. AND I KNOW AN ENTIRE LEAGUE OF REVIEW CAPSLOCKERS. WE HAVE TO START A BRIGADE.

After all of that, the questions are probably the least strange part of your post. But this is also clearly a thread that appreciates strangeness.

1. Do you ever find yourself falling for characters you've written? I mean, is there ever a point where you realize you have an unhealthy obsession with Oliver Wood (insert character of choice), or is that just me?
Well, I do have an unhealthy obsession with shirtless scenes....

Hehe, but actually I don't think I have. I don't count Oliver because I've based him off my bf. Plus, he's cast with Tom Hardy and, well, that's just an unfair advantage. But my other guys - Albus and Pickett of etc., Scorpius and Fred of Capers - I like them where they are. I'm a shipper at heart :D so I like to leave them to their respective love interests.

But I think Pickett comes closest ;D I based him off of Hodgins from Bones, and man have I got a crush on him.

I fall in love with other people's characters all the time :wub:

2. Who is your all time favorite HP character? Least favorite?
Most favorite when I was reading was definitely Sirius (followed closely by Remus). Even though I was never interested in the Marauders era, I love love love them as adults. Neville's my favorite character to read in fic, I think. Especially when he's Professor Neville!

Least favorite is probably Ginny. I have made my peace with Cho and Fleur (I really rather love them now, but not in the way JKR depicted them), but still not Ginny.

3. You said that you pretty much ship everything. Is there one ship that you flat out refuse to read, or are you more open-minded?
Probably Teacher/Student, which doesn't show up on HPFF, but I've seen a lot elsewhere. Not comfortable with the abuse of authority themes.

4. If Oliver and Rona had a child, what would they name it?
They will have children (twins, in fact) Verona and Vincent ;D who show up in Capers.

5. What is your favorite magical device used at any point throughout the series?
I have always wanted a time turner (and in fact, recently acquired one :D seems to be broken, though alas). I am perpetually jealous of Hermione having one for a school year. IF ONLY. I could go to class while writing fic all day.

6. If you were a Weasley twin, which would you be?
I suppose I'd be George, as I'm toward the less reckless end. Mostly I'd be concerned with why I suddenly turned male.

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST, AND JUST IN GENERAL :D

sXRIrly.gif

#41 razzledazzle13

razzledazzle13

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's me again :D

I just stalked you (anonymously), and as weird as this may sound, stalking you is quite fun. I have no idea how in the world you manage to make such amazing graphics.
Andandand you're Asian! I haven't found a single Asian on this site. (I'm Asian too, but not Chinese)

Okay, so more questions:

1.) If you had too switch lives with any of the minor characters in HP, who would it be?
2.) What's your favourite number?
3.) Other than China, what's your second favourite country in the world?
4.) What's your favourite Harry Potter book?
5.) How did you come across this site?
6.) Why don't you like Ginny? (In the beginning I sort of didn't care about Ginny, but then when I saw the actress in the fifth movie, I was just like I DON'T LIKE GINNY AT ALL ANYMORE)

That's all :) I hope I'm not annoying you too much!

#42 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

Stalking is very fun! :D I can certainly relate on that end. I've met quite a few Chinese people on this site, actually, very diverse lot! ^__^

1.) If you had to switch lives with any of the minor characters in HP, who would it be?
Luna. She knows how to live life, and definitely out of everyone in HP, her life will always be interesting. She has the best kind of freedom: the ability to do what she wants without caring what other people think.

2.) What's your favourite number?
3! It pops up quite frequently in my life :D

3.) Other than China, what's your second favourite country in the world?
Haha I wouldn't consider China a contender; I've only been there once anyhow. I don't really have an answer though, as I haven't traveled much at all. I do want to backpack across Europe one day (mostly for the food, ngl) and also see Tokyo.

4.) What's your favourite Harry Potter book?
Probably a tie between PoA and HBP. PoA I remember loving very much when I first read it (I was a teeny thing), and being so afraid for Harry and Buckbeak, and being relieved when Sirius was good. HBP, because it was such a good meaty book with the perfect amount of mystery and hook. And I was much older by then, so I understood and appreciated a lot more than I did for the first few books. I could really feel the whole series coming together.

5.) How did you come across this site?
I just searched for Harry Potter fan fiction xD I was rather bored one summer - I didn't really read HP fic! I lurk around in some other fandoms though.

6.) Why don't you like Ginny? (In the beginning I sort of didn't care about Ginny, but then when I saw the actress in the fifth movie, I was just like I DON'T LIKE GINNY AT ALL ANYMORE)
LOL, well, I guess I always found her annoying. I think her characterization was on the weaker end. Couldn't really relate to her, and any time she showed up in a scene, I remember wanting her to go away. I didn't like Cho or Fleur in the books, but later when I wrote a oneshot on them, I could understand them. Cho lost her boyfriend at such a young age, and Fleur had to deal with the family of the man she loves treating her like a pariah. The way they are seemingly weak makes them interesting characters, I think, because they're truly so much stronger underneath.

sXRIrly.gif

#43 Raine

Raine

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

HI! I'm Linn (AKA Cavell)! You probably don't know me (from, like, anywhere) but I would probably never forget you, since etc. etc. was probably the second fic I read on HPFF.

Speaking of which - was the first fic that you remember reading?
Your favourite Next-Gen character? (Mine are probably Albus and Dom - wow, that just shows my slight obsession with etc. etc., doesn't it?)
How do you come up with the awesome titles for your stories?
The very first one-shot you wrote, and how did you come up with the inspiration for it?
Your very first story?
I like sweets/chocolate/sugary things in general. What's your favourite?
If you could meet one of your own characters - who would it be?
Your favourite Next-Gen pairing?
What do you think of the Marauders era?
Last question, promise - umm, hmm, this is hard, I think I've run out of them - your favourite male character that you've written?

WAIT! One last question! If you could be any one of your own characters, who would it be?

Okay, I've wasted your time enough. Bye, Gina! (I can call you that, right? If not, then bah, I won't when I see you next time)

- Linn - HPFF (12+) - Review Thread (12+) -
dzmQcfF.png
gorgeous new set by our sea star @ TDA

#44 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hi Linn! :D Wow, that's so cool! I totally remember the first fics I read on HPFF so it's actually a weirdly huge compliment to know that ^___^

Speaking of which - was the first fic that you remember reading?
The first fic I read on HPFF was Match. It was #1 most read at the time, and that's pretty much the only reason why (I didn't read much HP fics before). I read stories from the middle (because that's how I'd judge whether I'd like a story), so I started from chapter 19 and I didn't think I'd stick to reading it. But I kept going back, and I didn't know what was happening so I'd have to read the chapter before. And then before that and before that and before I knew it, I read my way backwards to chapter 1. And then read my way forwards.

Your favourite Next-Gen character? (Mine are probably Albus and Dom - wow, that just shows my slight obsession with etc. etc., doesn't it?)
I love Hugo and Lucy as Aiedail and peppersweet characterize them, respectively. Hugo inspired a lot of Caper's Albus. And Starving Artist's Lucy is pretty much the only Lucy for my headcanon. Caper's Lucy and Rose are a bit of an homage to SA :D Oodles of inspiration from everyone.

How do you come up with the awesome titles for your stories?
I think most of my titles are terrible xD The exception being etc. etc. That one was a title I suggested for someone else, but it didn't quite fit her fic's mood. And I liked the title too much to leave it stray ...sooo I took it in.

And that's the only reason why etc. exists today.

The very first one-shot you wrote, and how did you come up with the inspiration for it?
The very first one-shot I wrote was for a challenge, two summers ago. It was a Cho fic and it's not on my author's page anymore. I had very adamantly stated back then that I was only at HPFF to finish writing my WIP Game. But I caught an itch to write something dramatic, and so I entered a challenge. It was awful, but it taught me a lot about looking deeper into canon characters, and I look at Cho differently today because of it.

The first oneshot I wrote on my own accord was Unravelling. It's the one one-shot that I'd say I wrote because I had to. It was my way of coming to terms with and remembering a time of my life that was very important to me and has made me a lot who I am. I wrote it as if I knew that the memories of my adolescence were slipping away (and I'm not sentimental nor do I write in a journal). I didn't want it to just vanish, so I interpreted it into this oneshot.

Your very first story?
My very first HPFF story was Game. I don't remember why I wrote it except I was bored, but it was a very fun first fic to write and it taught me a lot. I've always had the loveliest readers for all of my fics.

My very first stories, period, are some stories I made up in 3rd grade, where I gave my friends and I all elemental powers (based on Pokemon, I think). And we'd play pretend and I'd write down our adventures. Oh, to go back to those days and do such silly things~

I like sweets/chocolate/sugary things in general. What's your favourite?
Nothing beats a warm just-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookie.

If you could meet one of your own characters - who would it be?
Part of me would like to say that I'd love to meet Oliver. Besides looking like Tom Hardy, he becomes a bona-fide celebrity... and I mean, he looks like Tom Hardy. But I wouldn't know what to do except stutter in his presence.

But I think I'd like to meet Bea. She's the sort of person I can find myself getting along with. Loves to chat about her work - I can nerd out with her! And random biscuit runs are totally fine with me.

Your favourite Next-Gen pairing?
I don't really have one, just because they can be written so differently. Scorpius/Lucy of SA are what I've shipped the most.

What do you think of the Marauders era?
I've just never been very interested in the way it's usually written. I find that many stories fall into the trap of making the characterizations too limited. James is the foolish one, Remus is the quiet sensitive one, Sirius is the joking-but-brooding one, Peter is the forgotten one with the occasional glint of evil in his eye, Lily is perfect, etc.

Part of it is also the finality of that era. It's already happened. This is why Post-Hogwarts is my favorite era. I like my reminders of canon, but I also prefer to read something where the story can go just about anywhere, unhindered by the canon.

Last question, promise - umm, hmm, this is hard, I think I've run out of them - your favourite male character that you've written?
After getting so far into the story, Caper's Scorpius is my favorite now. I like most of the Scorpius-es I've written actually (sans etc. Scorpius because he isn't anything but wallpaper there). There's a lot one can do with that sort of character, rich or formerly rich, pride and pressure, darkness in family history, themes of rebellion, and so on.

The Scorpius in And Capers Ensue surprised me. He started as this ambitious boy who was naive despite his front. Standard rich-boy-doesn't-understand sort of thing. But then he became the true unexpected dreamer of the story. He's the one who believes in Bea's invention, and without that, the invention would have become another lost idea. Fighting against that is his desire to make his father proud of him (something that I'll get to expand on later). As Anjali often points out, these goals are mutually exclusive, and Scorpius believes that he can change that. The overarching plot is actually more about Scorpius than it is about Bea. It's his decisions that drive a lot of the story.

WAIT! One last question! If you could be any one of your own characters, who would it be?
Bahaha, justonemorequestion amirite? ... ahem. I think I'd like to be Bea. I wrote her as the kind of person that I admire. She's the type who gets fiercely protective of the people and things she loves and is extremely passionate about her inventing. She'd stay poor before being a sellout. And she's arguably the most emotional -- and willing to be emotional -- of all my main OCs.

As much as I admire people like that, people who can care about what they do so much be it a hobby like art or a cause like saving animals, I was never really fit for that personality myself, but it seems very exciting and fulfilling. I'm a bit of a Fred, too apathetic and safe for my own good.

Thanks for the questions! ^__^ phew this was long! and aha, yes you can call me Gina ;D

Edited by justonemorefic, 04 March 2012 - 09:47 PM.

sXRIrly.gif

#45 agenth

agenth

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hey!
I love your Albus from etc etc and life goes on!
I wanted to ask where you get your inspiration from, for his character :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Go Gryffies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users