#16 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

JORDAN~ (I could never fear you anyway)

1) Where'd you get the idea of a Quidditch strategist? I'm pretty sure you're the original source of the idea, YOU CLEVER GIRL.
YOU KNOW, I have no idea. I was like 16. I just wanted to write an Oliver fic. I think I just wanted her to be a secret part of the team and wham bam, out came that idea.

2) Your opinion on JGL's forehead wrinkles? Right now I'm too lazy to go inspect them.
They are adorable <3 Makes me want to pinch them or something xD

3) Do you think Rona would ever get a pet one day?
If Rona is anything like me (and arguably, she is), she would get a cat. And quite often, it will make its residence on top of Oliver's head, swishing its tail territorially, to his irritation and to her amusement. And he shall also get irritated/jealous because she pays perpetually more attention to The Cat (as he calls it) than to him. And Olivers need attention too! But Rona's all, 'Do yooooou have a fluffy tail and purr when your belly's scratched?' and he's all, 'I could.' and she rolls her eyes and ruffles his hair like he does to her. Oh my god why am I writing fluff in my MTA what have you done.

4) HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF ANY COOL PUNS LATELY? 8D
NOPE. ER. WELL I'VE THOUGHT OF LAME PUNS. I DON'T RECALL THEM BUT I'M FAIRLY SURE THEY WERE IN CONVERSATION WITH YOU.

s61ytfo.png 2TgY3WG.png nzvqOQV.png

author's page | art/tumblr | all links [M]

#17 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

By the way was this a spoiler to you sequel? [quote]

Haha, no it was something I made up on the spot, but I am putting it in my notes section because it highly amused me to picture The Cat perching on top of Oliver's head.

By the way I LOVE that banner and that chapter image!!!!!!!!! Would you mind showing me more?
You can see the rest at my TDA. Link's in my signature :)

You said that Rose's story was kind of like your own would you mind explaining? (You don't have to if you don't want to however)
To sum it up, I was Rose and there was a Scorpius, and what happened in Unraveling, even some of the dialogue, is exactly what happened in real life, minus the Hogwarts. So it's my own story of growing up as much as it is Rose's. I think I may have a blog post explaining it from back when I wrote it.

Do you have a cat? And if you do is he like the cat from the diary?
Nope! I do want to get one when I'm on my own though.

You like graphics and animation, have you ever thought about working for a place like PIXAR doing posters?
Haha, I'm flattered you think I could work for Pixar, but my art's always been a small time thing for me. Something I'd sell by myself on the side.

If not PIXAR what options are you looking at for your career?
I'll probably be putting my future computer science degree to use 8D

Top three cutest actors?
1. Joseph Gordon Levitt < THAT MAN AND HIS BROWS. AND WRINKLY FOREHEAD.
2. Gong Yoo < This is all my friend's fault for reminding me of him with all our talk of Coffee Prince. He's not nearly as awesome in photos as he is on screen. HE'S JUST SO PRECIOUS AND YET COMPLETELY RIPPED.
3. Alex Pettyfer < sure, he's overused but that totally does not detract from his smolder.

Friends. Always welcome!

#18 foundriapenguin

foundriapenguin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hi again! HERE WITH MORE QUESTIONS. 8D

1. Favorite bands? lol I'm just waiting for the kpop to show up...
2. In any good story, what is one element that HAS to be present? Like, it's absolutely imperative.
3. Are you one of those people that loveeee rain? Like weather outside rain, not Rain as in the Korean actor with the awesome stomach. :p
actually his stomach is the only thing i like about him .__.
4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PART OF INCEPTION?

Four question increments ftw ;)

jordan =)

#19 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Bahaha, hullo again Jordan~

1. Favorite bands? lol I'm just waiting for the kpop to show up...
Bwahaha. Well, for kpop, I mentioned 2NE1 and Brown Eyed Girls. But for English stuff, I like fun., The Format. I think I answered this already LOL.

2. In any good story, what is one element that HAS to be present? Like, it's absolutely imperative.
A not-idiotic lead (with the exception of Lockhart. Lockhart fics are hilarious). I cannot stand narrations by people who are ditzy, boy/girl-crazed, or immature, unless they are SUPER endearing and I mean super.

3. Are you one of those people that loveeee rain? Like weather outside rain, not Rain as in the Korean actor with the awesome stomach.
Hahaha! I don't really like Rain the Korean actor, actually. But I dooo love rain, the weather outside rain. The smell after rain is best. Plus IN THE RAIN KISSES ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER (totally my fluff weakness).

4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PART OF INCEPTION?
SCENES WITH JGL. Not kidding actually, I love that hallway fight. I also love the first time Ariadne does her architect-ing. ~Let's just roll up the city casually~

Edited by justonemorefic, 29 December 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#20 maskedmuggle

maskedmuggle

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hello! ^_^
I can see that Ariellem really filled up your page.. and Jordan too :p

NOW I'M HERE XD

Only got a few questions though…

1. WHERE DO YOU GET ALL YOUR ORIGINAL IDEAS FROM? (Junebug Janes HEHE, Teddy/Victoire/Scorpius, etc?)
1 and 1/2: CAN YOU GIVE THEM TO ME? :D Along with your writing talent…?
2. Writing, reading or graphics?
3. Are the ones on your HPFF page the only harry potter fan fiction you've ever written? Do you write stories, then delete them? Or not post them?
4. How long does it take you to write a one-shot?
5. How about a chapter of Game?
6. Do you write in one long session, or lots of little blocks?

P.S I love your stories. All of 'em! :wub:
(this is completely irrelevant, but your banners are lovely! :p)

CALL ME CHARLOTTEhpff | tda | both 12+ | quixotic @tda
Bujz0sP.png

#21 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

Ah, hullo! :D <3 for all your reviews.

1. WHERE DO YOU GET ALL YOUR ORIGINAL IDEAS FROM? (Junebug Janes HEHE, Teddy/Victoire/Scorpius, etc?)
My muse is really strange. I have the mind suited for crack fic, I think xD Sailing Ship; I remember the idea distinctly coming from someone's status about cliche Sirius/OC stories and somehow that led to Sirius/Remus fangirl. My muse attacked me again for the T/V/S. Sometimes, after I write a lot of fluff or sad bits, I just have the urge to write the opposite all of a sudden. That's how these things usually come to be. And I just love strange characters. That too :D

1 and 1/2: CAN YOU GIVE THEM TO ME? Along with your writing talent…?
*THROWS IN YOUR DIRECTION*

2. Writing, reading or graphics?
Eeeeeerrrrrrguuuuh. For now, writing. Because I know I'm a horrid reader who skims too fast and fancies shiny banners too much. Graphics is a bit too much like work, though it's definitely my most consistent hobby -- drawing since I was 5. I've been graphics editor for my school newspaper, done designs for my school and clubs, so I'm very used to working long hours and on deadlines on designs that have very strict guidelines. Writing is a hobby that just sort of came out of nowhere. I used to write a lot of original work when I was younger, little medieval fantasy tales influenced by whatever else I was reading at the time. But it's really been lots of fun writing fic these past few months and it's so nice to have a place for all the ideas in my mind :D

3. Are the ones on your HPFF page the only harry potter fan fiction you've ever written? Do you write stories, then delete them? Or not post them?
Yep! I've only really written fic for Harry Potter, barring a few super old drabbles. I consider Game to be my first piece of fan fiction (though I had written original stuff before that). I've never deleted anything and I post pretty much everything that I write as soon as I can.

4. How long does it take you to write a one-shot?
Oneshots are quite easy for me to write because I know exactly how to start and end the story. They usually take about two days; I'm fairly sure that's how much all my oneshots thus far have taken. Usually when I get a oneshot plot bunny, I'm completely obsessed with it until I'm done.

5. How about a chapter of Game?
Chapters are more difficult because I have to plan for the future and whatnot x___x They usually take about 5-7 days (like shipping a package!).

6. Do you write in one long session, or lots of little blocks?
I usually write about 1-2 hours a day (I'm a 400-words an hour kind of girl) when I start on a chapter, until I'm most of the way done in which I make a race for the finish line. Most of the writing happens on the last day, finished at some ungodly hour like 1AM. I'm freakishly fixated on finishing projects, be it writing or graphics.

Thank you muchly for the questions! ^___^

#22 purevelvet

purevelvet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Oh my, I'm so left behind *pouts*
But anyway, here I'm back, as promised (in case you don't understand what I meant byt that, I'm actually miss_aurora, so yeah, as promised!) to stalk you. So I'll be joining the group of your stalkers, I guess? And oh, I do love Roger so much. I don't know, he's one of my most favourite underrated canon at HP and since I also like Oliver, I definitely couldn't miss Game :thumbsup:

So first of all, before I ramble, let me ask a few questions concerning your stories first
1. Game is finally ended, how did you feel about it?
2. You're planning a sequel, so I wonder, when did you decide to write the sequel? Was it from the beginning or in the middle, or...?
3. Because I love Roger, do you have any other plan for him in the future? Maybe in the sequel or even a new story?
4. As for the sexy Scorpius, when did you start planning that story?

So, I re-read all the posts and I just realized that I think you mentioned that you're a Chinese so it's tea for you and well, I'm also a Chinese. Well, not exactly Chinese Chinese, but Chinese descent and I still have Chinese name so yeah :sweat:
There's no point in mentioning that but I ramble. Anyhow....

5. Because someone else mention kpop, I wonder what do you think about kdrama? Do you have any favourite?
6. Do you read comics, or actually, Japanese manga?

That's all for now. If I don't respond within 2 days then I'll probably post my next post sometime next week after I'm done with my finals and others :yucky:

~Go

sometimes, it's just not enough

Posted Image

#23 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

More stalkers?! My. <3

1. Game is finally ended, how did you feel about it?

Every single chatbox, IM box, skype chat was filled with HOMG HOMG HOMG, I'M DONE. IT'S DONE! when I finished writing. So I suppose one can infer from that xD And then I got to change it to COMPLETE when the chapter was posted and there was more flailing. LOTS OF FLAILING.

I have this huge update guilt so I pressure myself to churn something out every few weeks and it's nice to not have that anymore. And now that I've got one WIP done, my update guilt is now much much less for future WIPs (hehehehe). And it's a big thing for me personally in that I've always been so sad when a novel-length I've been reading stops updating, so I know, from the viewpoint of a reader, how important it was that I finish it. I promised to myself to give all my WIPs some sort of closure if I eventually stop writing them.

2. You're planning a sequel, so I wonder, when did you decide to write the sequel? Was it from the beginning or in the middle, or...?
When I came back to writing Game, actually. Back in June, I was thinking about how I would rework Game, but I kept getting sidetracked by plot bunnies for what Rona and Oliver were doing the summer after their seventh year -- that is, in Puddlemere. So a lot of me rewriting and continuing Game was in the off-chance that I'd actually finish it and be able to write this very sequel. Honestly, I never thought I'd be able to do it. I thought it would hold my attention for a month at the most. But now, my life is absolutely insane with writing!

3. Because I love Roger, do you have any other plan for him in the future? Maybe in the sequel or even a new story?
I love that you love Roger! Poor responsible, overreacting captain. Sadly, though, nothing planned for him. His story doesn't really fit in where I want to go, BUT! I did write something about him just two days ago on a plot bunny I got from a challenge (I'm not actually submitting it, but the plot bunny was there and it had to be written). It was based off a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch, staring off into the distance on a bridge. It's Roger, sometime in the middle of his big career. (I can PM it to you!)

So on occasion, you might hear about the others I've written about in the same universe if I get the plot bunny for it -- the sequel is planned to span just the summer, so it's missing out on all the fun bits like Jason being captain, Percy finding Audrey, certain weddings happening five years in the future, etc etc. But unless I get a bunch, I probably won't ever post them up properly.

4. As for the sexy Scorpius, when did you start planning that story?
That would be early August, says the date I created the file for it. Haha, I call it the sexy roguish Scorpius story, but he's one of four(?) main characters actually, out of an even bigger cast. It originally started with the idea of how to get a rice cooker into Hogwarts (and this would be the place to mention, hullo fellow Chinese!), so I stuck Cho Chang's daughter in there, trying to alter Muggle objects so that they work in a magical environment. That was the initial idea. It blew up into what I have now -- an adventure to create a revolutionary invention, all while set at Hogwarts.

5. Because someone else mention kpop, I wonder what do you think about kdrama? Do you have any favourite?
K-dramas are just soooooo long. If they were half the length, I might consider it, but I just don't have the patience to watch dramas. I've only watched one to completion and thank god it was this one -- Coffee Prince -- and really, every other rom-com drama just sort of doesn't feel up to par after watching that. It's just that good~

J-dramas, I've watched a few more of just because they're faster paced and my friends tend to watch those more. I love love love Nodame Cantabile -- read the entire manga, watched the anime, AND also the live action <3

6. Do you read comics, or actually, Japanese manga?
I used to, but unless they're complete and completely scanlated, I don't really like to start one, because watching for updates is just something I don't want to go through all over again x___x Most manga is too fluffy for me, and I don't really like action/horror ones (though I did read through all of Ranma). My favorites are Nodame Cantabile, as mentioned above, and Lovely Complex.

Ah, super love these questions <3 It's nice to look back at what started this whole writing craze ^___^

Edited by justonemorefic, 14 January 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#24 purevelvet

purevelvet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

I am back! It seems like I forgot to type some more questions so yeah, you have me back :rolleyes:
Oh really? I think I first read Game while you were away or something along the line so the update surprised me, sort-of and I was so happy because you actually continued it. Shame for Roger but please, pretty please, could you pm that? Please, with a cherry on top? I should be ashamed by my obsession but whatever.

Oh I couldn't agree less with you about K-drama. For some reason they're just very long (although I think Taiwanese dramas are even longer) so I rarely watch K-Drama. Coffee Prince is just so amazing :wub:
But recently I watched Playful Kiss which is the Korean version for itazura na kiss and it's quite short actually. OMG you also love Nodame? I just adore her and Chiaki's expression is priceless. I recently watched the latest movie and was happy with the ending :thumbsup:
I'm more into Jdramas myself so well...

Anyway after the long comment *cough* let me do what I'm supposed to do here. Off to questions :confused:
1. Reading for previous replies, I assume that you love reading so I wonder, is your writing, especially Game, influenced by any author or story?
2. Have you encountered writer's block? What did you do during that phase?
3. So, Cho Chang's daughter, why did you choose Cho Chang's daughter instead of creating a whole new OC or using the canons? (I'm so obsessed by this new story idea. And 你好. So I'd better stop typing chinese character here because 1)I'm not that good at it, just so-so and 2)we should use English :whistling:)
4. Lastly (for now), why do you like Nodame? Just wondering :D

~Go

sometimes, it's just not enough

Posted Image

#25 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Oooh an old reader! /so ashamed of old versions of Game xD IT's sooooo different now.

I wish I had time to watch more dramas. MY FRIEND IS WRITING A COFFEE PRINCE INSPIRED FIC, SO EXCITED.

Onto the questions~

1. Reading for previous replies, I assume that you love reading so I wonder, is your writing, especially Game, influenced by any author or story?

My style changed a lot from reading stories, reading different styles of humour. It's a bit noticeable as one reads through Game, actually. My new chapters read differently from my first ones. I remember Llyralen's After Hours being one that influenced me quite a bit, especially about how humour can be delivered. I also love GubraithianFire's style of dialogue, so nice and concise, especially in her Oliver/OC, Off-Kilter.

2. Have you encountered writer's block? What did you do during that phase?
I sort of just trudge along. The midway part of a chapter always gets to me. I can usually manage a few hundred words a day. A lot of the time, I'm chatting with other authors and the communal awesomeness triggers the muse a lot :D But mostly just a lot of persistence. I'm rather stubborn like that.

3. So, Cho Chang's daughter, why did you choose Cho Chang's daughter instead of creating a whole new OC or using the canons? (I'm so obsessed by this new story idea. And 你好. So I'd better stop typing chinese character here because 1)I'm not that good at it, just so-so and 2)we should use English)

(Haha, I'm not terribly good at Chinese I'm pretty much stuck to speaking Cantonese) I've seen Patil stories, so I figure, why not Cho Chang's daughter, someone Chinese like me? The idea began as trying to get a rice cooker into Hogwarts, haha, something I've found invaluable in my own dorm, though now the plot's quite different.

4. Lastly (for now), why do you like Nodame? Just wondering.
Can I say it's just so AWESOME? xD Everyone is so likable and I am so grabby-hands at Chiaki. Plus, I'm a lot like Nodame in that I totally mooch food and go stalking people and be generally weird and flaily :D The humor and romance never tries too hard and as exaggerated as the characters can sometimes be, they never fail to be real.

#26 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

I'll give you an offer you can't refuse for the first three chapters.
Heee, never. Mostly because it's not done yet :p But also, I'm terribly difficult to bribe when there's no (real) food involved.

Who are the main characters of Holy Hippogrifs we just broke Hogwarts?
Ah, that's the tagline! The title is And Capers Ensue. The main characters are Beatrice Chang, Fred II Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, and Anjali Patil-Davies, two Ravenclaws and two Slytherins respectively. Rose and Albus will also be joining in on occasion. I shant divulge too much about them, but the general gist of it is that Bea and Fred are inventors (think Weasley twins and Weasley's Wizardly Wheezes), and Scorpius takes a particular interest in them.

Is this sort of a continuation of your one shot Love, Damned Love, and Statistics?
Nope! That would be Jelly, a fic I won't get to for a while. Its time will come; it's supposed to cover roughly 10 years of time in a fairly short story (hopefully).

Thanks for stopping by here and my gallery :D

#27 bestlies

bestlies

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

It's Daryl from TDA and I like to stalk people and you are my current victim. I am oh so very sorry.

And because I know you like kpop, I have to ask what your take on kpop fanfiction is? Have you ever written it? Ever read it? Do you have any ships within the kpop realm?

Posted Image Posted Image

#28 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hey! :D I know you!

And because I know you like kpop, I have to ask what your take on kpop fanfiction is? Have you ever written it? Ever read it? Do you have any ships within the kpop realm?
Haha to me, k-pop fandom is a scary scary thing. It's the sort of thing where I know most of it is illogical cray-cray, but I am undoubtedly fascinated by it. I am arguably more fascinated by the fandom itself rather than k-pop, bahaha. I don't read or write it; I'm not really one for RL fic, though I have a friend who likes to read Arashi crackfic and sends me snippets of that.

(but I must admit, Taeyang and his backup dancer had me going HMMMMMM for a bit. HMMMMMM.)

#29 bestlies

bestlies

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

You should know me. I'd be very sad if you didn't.

Kpop fandom is scary; I would very much so agree with that. I'm really sad that you don't read it so I can spam you with you stories to read and beg you to write me an awesome Kyu story. And then I can't use your birthday as an excuse to actually get some Kyu writing out of my system. Way to make me sad, Gina, haha.

I guess I should ask you a question so you'll reply to this. Hmmmm.

What other Oliver fics have you read? Do you like him in any particular pairings or just OCs?

Posted Image Posted Image

#30 justonemorefic

justonemorefic

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

SAD INDEED.

Hahaha Kyu is too awesome to be properly represented in most fic, although my friend's written a snippet that I absolutely love. He needs to be all mighty, brilliant, and totally knows it of course.

What other Oliver fics have you read? Do you like him in any particular pairings or just OCs?
I'm actually really bad with following Oliver/OC fics xD I read Settling the Score way back when, of course. I like to read snippets of Hide & Seek by Mistress when she updates, but I haven't had time to actually read the whole thing properly yet :< And Off-Kilter by GubraithianFire is brill and snarky and has the most idiotic yet suave incarnation of Oliver yet.

I secretly ship Oliver/Penny in my spare time, but one personal canon is enough to deal with, so it's cute widdle Oliver/Rona in my universe, heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users