Photo

American GinnyHey come and ask me anything you want!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AmericanGinny

AmericanGinny

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

Hey I've been an author of HPFF since 2007, and I love to write and lots of other stuff. Check out my work, and ask me what ever you want. As long as it is appropriate and not too personally. So go ahead and ask me a question or a few or a lot.

Author's page:http://www.harrypott...?showuid=124828

Some Stories:
What Use to Be(12+)-http://www.harrypott...php?psid=279928
My Dark Rescue[r] (M)-http://www.harrypott...php?psid=272542
Which One (12+)-http://www.harrypott...php?psid=266591

Posted Image

Perfect banner and Avatar by Camilla@tda! Our PRIDE is at Stake! LOTOTFCFAR!!

Stand up for what is right, even if you're standing alone.

#2 lilypotterfan123

lilypotterfan123

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Ok first I'd like to thank you for answering my question and now I have my MTA page all set up.

1) Which HP book is your favourite book and why?

2) What other authors do you like?

3) Favourite HP shippings?

4) Your favourite singer?

5) Your favourite food?

lilypotterfan123 xx

click the link in the sig, my stories, Both links are 15+
Posted Image
sig by me.

#3 AmericanGinny

AmericanGinny

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

Ok first I'd like to thank you for answering my question and now I have my MTA page all set up.
1) Which HP book is your favourite book and why?
2) What other authors do you like?
3) Favourite HP shippings?
4) Your favourite singer?
5) Your favourite food?
lilypotterfan123 xx

Hey No problem. I loved your review and wouldn't deny helping a fellow hp fan and writer.

1) I can never pick between 3, 6, 7
Harry Potter 3 because Harry finally meets a family relative, and it's just written so amazing. I love every minute of the book.
Harry Potter 6 because this is at the point you truly get to learn everything that happened that led up to Tom becoming Voldemort, and you finally see Harry falling for Ginny. I love the whole book, but I really think this is the climatic point of the whole series as well.
Harry Potter 7 because this is the darkest book of the whole series. I have a love for the darkness in books, but also this is the book where Harry and Hermione truly deepen their friendship to the ultimate level.
2) Oh I have so many favourite stories, but my favourite author in real life is Melody Carlson, Mel Odom, and CS Lewis. Out of those though Melody Carlson is the my absolute favourite. On Hpff My favourite author is Moondanser83. This author is an absolutely wonderful writer.
3) Lol my favorite ship is hermione and Harry, but it is followed up by Draco/Luna.
4) My favourite professional singer is Chase Coy/Dear Juliet. He is a phenomenal singer, and I absolutely love to listen to his music. My favourite singer that I know is my best friend who doesn't have like an amazing voice, but it's one of those calming voices.
5) My favourite food is Taco Pizza. It's just awesome!

Hope that satisfies your answers. Love,
Am. Ginny

Edited by AmericanGinny, 07 June 2010 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#4 lilypotterfan123

lilypotterfan123

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hey No problem. I loved your review and wouldn't deny helping a fellow hp fan and writer.

1) I can never pick between 3, 6, 7
Harry Potter 3 because Harry finally meets a family relative, and it's just written so amazing. I love every minute of the book.
Harry Potter 6 because this is at the point you truly get to learn everything that happened that led up to Tom becoming Voldemort, and you finally see Harry falling for Ginny. I love the whole book, but I really think this is the climatic point of the whole series as well.
Harry Potter 7 because this is the darkest book of the whole series. I have a love for the darkness in books, but also this is the book where Harry and Hermione truly deepen their friendship to the ultimate level.
2) Oh I have so many favourite stories, but my favourite author in real life is Melody Carlson, Mel Odom, and CS Lewis. Out of those though Melody Carlson is the my absolute favourite. On Hpff My favourite author is Moondanser83. This author is an absolutely wonderful writer.
3) Lol my favorite ship is hermione and Harry, but it is followed up by Draco/Luna.
4) My favourite professional singer is Chase Coy/Dear Juliet. He is a phenomenal singer, and I absolutely love to listen to his music. My favourite singer that I know is my best friend who doesn't have like an amazing voice, but it's one of those calming voices.
5) My favourite food is Taco Pizza. It's just awesome!

Hope that satisfies your answers. Love,
Am. Ginny

thankies!

click the link in the sig, my stories, Both links are 15+
Posted Image
sig by me.

#5 xLauriePotter

xLauriePotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hello ^.^ Just a few questions..

- I notice Harry/Hermione is your favourite ship, Why is this?

- Isit difficulty of writing Ginny or Ron that makes you prefer Harry/Hermione?

- Who is your favourite character to write, and why?

- Which is your least favourite character, and why?

~Laurie.

1-1_zpscd762a2c.jpg icon3_zpsb42ddba1.jpg

Cami Fischler & Felicia Nyte on PW

#6 AmericanGinny

AmericanGinny

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

Oooo great questions!!!

- I notice Harry/Hermione is your favourite ship, Why is this?
  • They are my favourite ship because since I saw the first Harry Potter movie I fell in love with them, and even after I read the books, I thought that their friendship gave them a way better connection and relationship than hermione and ron could ever have. Harry and Hermione's relationship just makes me think about how a marriage relationship should be. No fear of being rejected, just being able to talk about anything, and just really trust and loving them with all your heart no matter how much they might hurt you.

- Is it difficulty of writing Ginny or Ron that makes you prefer Harry/Hermione?
  • I don't necessarily find a difficulty in writing either character really. Ron is a lot harder than Ginny because I can connect with Ginny on many more levels than Ron, but like I said above I find a connection between Harry and Hermione that I love. I do enjoy Ginny and Harry stories, but not even close to the same level as I enjoy Harry and Hermione. Ron and Hermione relationships just drive me crazy. I can't stand the amount of fighting that they do. That's why I am turned off to R/HR completely.
- Who is your favourite character to write, and why?

• Oh this is a hard one. I have found a new appreciation for Ginny, Luna, and Draco in writing, but my all time favourite is-and always will be- Hermione. Since Movie/Book 1 I have loved Hermione. She is such a complex character that most people don't grasp. Most writers on her actually enjoy bashing hermione to a high degree because her character is so insecure in the beginning of the series. I find that insecurity a path of growth for her character and just a wide variety of stories to write. I've written everything from a perfect love story to making a tough decision to her trying attempting suicide. She just gives me a world of opportunities to take with her in my writing. (I am trying to expand my choice of characters though [= )

- Which is your least favourite character, and why?

• Ron is easily my least favourite character to write about. I could easily make him a wonderful character that everyone loves, but then I would be straying from his original character. I just hate how he argues and has such a closed mind. He gets jealous easily, and he just doesn't care about the people he may hurt by reacting how he does. I just don't want that kind of character in my stories so I avoid using him, or I just kill him off. =)

Posted Image

#7 LupinandTonks14

LupinandTonks14

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hey there doll (:

I have a few questions!

If you could date a character from the series (Founders to Next Gen. Era) which would you choose? Which actor from the films? Why?

If you had to compete in one task from the triwizard tournament which task would you choose and why?

Before Deathly Hallows (book or movie) what was your opinion on Severus Snape?

Which house would you want to be in? Why?

Which house do you think you'd be put in (honestly.)? Why?

If you could meet any character from the series and interview them, who would you pick? Why?

How did you get in to writing fan fiction?

What's your favourite aspect of fan fiction writing/ reading?

Do you prefer canon or AU?

If you could portray any character in the movie (regardless of appearance), which would you choose? Why?

How did you react upon seeing the last movie and realizing it was over?

What got you in to Harry Potter?

I look forward to your answers ^_^
Thank you to MagicalInk @ TDA for the gorgeous avatar! && Thanks to Swiss Miss @ TDA for the awesome siggy! :)
My Stories (12+ to M) Unforgiven (M)

Posted Image

#8 AmericanGinny

AmericanGinny

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

oooo hard questions! Well done

If you could date a character from the series (Founders to Next Gen. Era) which would you choose? Which actor from the films? Why?
  • This going to sound pathetic, but honestly i would date Harry. I think I'm highly attracted to his character and that he turns out to be a great guy when he's older.
  • Actor: Toss up between Tom and Matt. Both are really attractive so i think it would be a battle between their personalities in the end to see who wins.
If you had to compete in one task from the triwizard tournament which task would you choose and why?
  • Hmmmm the first one. I love dragons and to be that close to one would be amazing
Before Deathly Hallows (book or movie) what was your opinion on Severus Snape?
  • hated him. ALWAYS. Always will always have
Which house would you want to be in? Why?
  • I honestly think I'm a perfect split of Slythindor, but I probably Slytherin. My best friends a slytherin so it would give us more time to hang out. Oh the havoc we could create---- i mean memories. The memories we could create ;)
Which house do you think you'd be put in (honestly.)? Why?
  • I would be in Gryffindor. I think i would come down to my selection, and I honestly think my heart would tell the hat to put me in Gryffindor. My personality says a lot about bravery and protection of others before myself.
If you could meet any character from the series and interview them, who would you pick? Why?
  • I'm truly stuck by this one. It's either hermione or Ginny. I love hermione, but i think in the end Ginny would win because I know nothing about her and she's i connect with the most. I just wish I knew her more you know?
How did you get in to writing fan fiction?
  • Well I hated reading when I was younger, and then I read harry potter. It changed my world. I did lots of research on Harry Potter. I read the series in a week. Waited for the 7th book at midnight. Have collected HP stuff since, but I honestly cannot say how I found this site. I think I typed in Harry Potter and it was on page 7 or 20 on google. It changed my world. I started writing it after I found the site and read a few, and it started my career to become an author. I had always read books, but never like this series and never writing it. I love it and am a huge supporter of it.
What's your favourite aspect of fan fiction writing/ reading?
  • Well I like to write first person and write with the characters i connect to the most. So ginny and Hermione are always very the focus of my stories, along with Luna because she reflects my best friend, Harry because he reflects my best guy friend, and so on. So i kind of like putting hidden parts of my life into my writing. Most of my stories have hidden feelings about guys, betrayal, loyalty, or whatever. I just like being able to put myself into the story without anyone even my friends knowing.
Do you prefer canon or AU?
  • AU by far. Canons are fun, but I like off ships and adding stories that have never been heard
If you could portray any character in the movie (regardless of appearance), which would you choose? Why?
  • ermmmmm...Ginny. She was the only one I really thought was underdone and needed help, and how awesome would it be to act with the golden trio! Come on it would be amazing!
How did you react upon seeing the last movie and realizing it was over?
  • I am still in denial of it being over. My mom threw me a birthday party 6 months late on the 14 of july so the movie premeir was that night, and I had a Harry Potter Party. It was just amazing and I loved it, but slightly disappointed in the movie and how much they left out when they split it.
What got you in to Harry Potter?
  • I was curious. I had been restricted by my parents on reading them because of our beliefs or something, but then my dad read them and decided all christians who thought it was evil were mental. So they let us read them. They actually encouraged us to watch the movies with them and i remember saying, "No, Harry Potter is evil." I laugh at that moment to this day. I went to the library like 3 years later and looked at the books. i was so tempted for weeks to read them, but i couldn't bring myself to do them. I remember sitting and looking at them. i would pick it up and put it back, but i finally just fingered the cover and picked up the first 3 and sat down and read 6 in a week. Would've read all 7 if it had been out. Yep that moment changed my life, and I don't regret it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users