• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Oh, wow! I've been neglecting this again! So sorry! Let me see if I can answer your questions. :)

Characteristics of the twins as individuals? Hmmmmm. Well, I do think they share a lot of things in common, but I also try to make sure they are given their own personalities. This is how I see them, but it's by no way the right way or the only way.

George - to me George is slightly more reserved than Fred. He tends to think things through a LITTLE more than Fred. I also think he is someone the "brains" behind the duo.

Fred - certainly the "leap before looking" of the two, or at least he does it most (cause let's face it, they both do it.) While I don't think he actually means it, he can be a bit harsher than George. He is also usually the first to speak in a conversation.

Anyway, that is very simplified but kinda what I run on when I write the two.

How often do I write? - Well, lately, not much at all! *cries* Lets just put it this way, I write whenever I have the time, and whenever the muse is around. Lately, time has been the reason I'm not writing. Hopefully, I get that under control soon.

And finally, the era I read the most about? - I don't have a specific era I read about so much as characters I read about. I love Hogwarts stuff, AU stuff, post-Hogwarts if there's Fred in it, etc.

Thanks so much for your questions! It was great fun answering!

Signature and avatar set by bellatrixx @ TDA.

Posted Image

Founder of the "Include More Fred and George in Fic" Support Group.

#17 daliha

daliha

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

First off... I love your work Posted Image It's the first time I've stopped by here though so shame on me! But here I have the following questions:

• What is your favorite part of writing? Is it creating the plot? Getting inside your characters heads?
  • What is your favorite genre?
  • And just for fun: What do you think about George and Angelina?

NIGHTMARE.png

@Nightmare

HPFF 12-M/ MTA

#18 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

There is no shame, because it's been more than a year that I've left your questions hanging. It's me that deservese the shame! I'm so, so, so sorry! All I can say is that last year was awful and insane and I left a lot of things hanging because of it. I hope you can forgive me.

Now, on to the questions.

What is my favorite part of writing? Hmmmm. That's a hard one! I'm not sure I have one favorite part. I love brainstorming, thinking of plot ideas and how characters would react to certain things. Figuring out where I want to take a story. I also love "spending time" with the characters. That's the whole reason I write fanfiction to begin with - because there are characters I love too much to just let them go. I hope that sort of answers your question.

Favorite genre... This one's hard, too! You sure pick hard questions. I don't know if I have a favorite of this either, there are so many different ones I like. I love family stories, fluff, humor, angst, action/adventure even the occasional well-done AU or crossover. It's probably easier to list what I don't like. I don't like romance very much, especially ones that don't put Harry and Ginny together, or Ron and Hermione. I don't read slash or horror stories, and I'm really not a fan of songfics.

George and Angelina - Okay, this one I'm mixed on. I'm not apposed to it. I like Angelina well enough and think she's an awesome character. But I have never really seen her as compatable with George (or Fred for that matter.) It might be that all the George and Angelina stories I've read take place after Fred has died, and I hate reading stories with Fred dead in them. But I really just think that when I was reading the books I never, ever thought of them together and had all kinds of ideas for what the girl George would end up with was like. Because the twins were my favorite characters, I thought up this huge ellaboriate idea of what their future would be like, with lots of detail. Then, when JKR revieled that George and Angelina ended up together, it was so off from what I'd pictured that I was like WHAT? And I've never been able to completely reconcile everything I imagined with what we've learned. Does that make any sense?

Thanks so much for stoping by! And again, so incredibly sorry to be so slow answering!

Edited by 1917farmgirl, 20 August 2012 - 03:58 AM.

Posted Image

#19 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hi! I saw your status and decided to come to the rescue of your MTA. ;)

1. What's your favourite colour?

2.Twins aside, who's your favourite character?

3. If you had the chance to save any character of the series except for Fred, who would it be and why?

4. Which Weasley brother would you kill off instead of Fred?

5. If you had one hour in Diagon Alley, where would you go?

6. What's your opinion on Luna? On Snape?

7. Which female character is your favourite?

8. How did you come up with the idea for Healing?

9. Who's your least favourite character amongst those considered to be 'the good guys'?

10. Pancakes or waffles?

11. Tea or coffee?

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#20 blueirony

blueirony

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hypothetically, say you knew a person who wrote a story. Hypothetically. As in, this didn't actually happen in real life. This is just a possible scenario. Totally hypothetical.

So. You know this person. And they have written a story. And you loved it. But they were unsure about it. And they didn't really write too much more of it until they told you after a very long time that they thought they might dig it up and have another go at it. And so, of course, you were really excited and everything. But then you didn't hear much from them. And you totally understand because they are a really busy person, but you think it's such a shame since the story has so much promise and potential.

What advice would you give to this writer who seems to be stuck?

:p

Ha. No. You don't have to answer that one if you don't want to. But I do have genuine questions for you.

1. What do you love so much about the Weasley twins?

2. Your story, Healing, is a very different "Book Eight". It deals with exactly what its title says, people healing after a war. It isn't like other Book Eights which do have some aspects of healing, but not to the extent yours does. What made you decide to write your version of Book Eight in such a different manner?

3. Why do you think JKR made the decision to kill Fred?

4. Which character do you think is overlooked the most in fanfiction?

5. What three things do you wish you could change about the HP books?

Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story. - Tim O'Brien

penssigwwhitespaces.png

read my stories | ask me a question | request a review

#21 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hi ValWitch21!  Thanks for asking questions and blowing the dust off this old thing!  Let’s see what I can do to answer them…

1. Favorite color – yellow.  It’s just so happy.
2. Favorite character other than the twins?  Hmm…this is kinda hard.  Probably Harry.
3. Who would I save besides Fred?  Can I chose two?  1. Tonks – because I wish Teddy could have grown up with a parent.  2. Snape – because I wish he could have had the chance to live without having to lead a double life.
4. I have to kill a Weasley?  That’s against my moral code!!!  Okay, I’m not gonna say I would have liked it, but I honestly thought Percy was going to die.  I thought he would come back to the right side, but ultimately have to die for it.
5. Easy.  Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
6. I love Luna.  I think she’s quirky and genuine and sweet.  On Snape?  I think he’s complicated.  But brave.  And very much on the good side, even if he wasn’t always doing it for pure motives.
7. Favorite female character – Hermione.  I know, I’m not very original.
8. How I came up with the idea for Healing?  Now, that’s a complicated answer.  I have another story I’m writing.  I actually started it first, but then I realized I needed something to bridge the gap between it and where the book left off.  So, Healing was born.  It was supposed to be a quick, couple chapter thing that moved into my story.  Haha, right.  So, now, who knows if the other story will ever see the light of day, because I can’t post it until Healing is finished, and we all know how quickly that is happening.
9. Least favorite good guy?  Lavender Brown – she drives me crazy.
10. Waffles
11. Can I say neither and go with hot chocolate?

Thanks for asking fun questions!

Now, on to Joop'

s.
Hypothetically, let’s say I knew what you were talking about, which hypothetical story would this hypothetical author have hypothetically left you hanging on, because they could have more than one unfinished one…you know, hypothectically…

Advice for said stuck writer?  A miracle?

No, really, I am trying to get back to writing my stories.  I’m working on the next chapter of Healing.  Ron’s just being stubborn again.

Now, to your non-hypothetical questions.

1. Why do I love the twins?  I don’t know.  I just know that from the very first moment they showed up in the first book, I was hooked.  That line “Honestly woman, and you call yourself our mother” from the first book made me laugh so hard.  I love characters with a sense of humor and who are sarcastic and such.  But, then they became more than that.  I saw that they really were brave and loyal and had deeper sides to them, but they still never let life make them too serious.  I guess I just loved that.
2. Healing – again, this is kinda similar to what I said up above.  I didn’t actually set out to write a book 8.  I needed a bridge for the gap between DH and my other story.  I needed to explain how Fred was still alive and such.  And so Healing was born.  And then it just took on a life of its own.
3. Why did she kill him?  Because she wanted to cause me life-long pain and suffering….  I don’t know.  I’ve asked myself this a million times.  Why Fred.  I guess she had to kill a Weasley brother.  There were too many of them to make it through the war unscathed.  And she knew one of the twins would have the most emotional impact, short of Ron.
4. I’m gonna sound like a broken record here, but I really feel the twins are the most overlooked.  They have so much potential, and as more than just comic relief.  But, that’s all they usually get to do.  One or two funny lines here or there.  OR, even worse, only George fics dealing with his grief over Fred.
5. Three things to change about HP?  I’m assuming you mean besides the obvious Fred thing.  Hmmm…  1.  Hedwig lives.  2. Luna’s house doesn’t get destroyed.  3. The epilogue and all the info that’s come out since.  I really don’t like it.  I like having a little leeway with how the characters turned out, not having it all spelled out for me.

Thanks for coming by!  It was great to hear from you.  Hopefully this got the creative juices flowing!

Posted Image

#22 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hi Farmgirl!  

1. I know you like reading and writing AU - what started you on it?

2. How much planning do you tend to do for each of your stories?

3. Which canon character do you find the most difficult to write?

4. If you could have created one canon character (not including the twins :p) who would it be and why?

5. What's the best and worst thing about writing FF?

I look forward to your answers! :bye:

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#23 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Oh goodie!  Someone stirred up the dust around here! :D :D

1. I think my love of AU's goes back to the fact I've been reading Harry Potter fanfic for a long time - before the books were even all written.  So, I read a lot of stories about what people thought would happen in the last two books which were then made AU when the actual books came out.  But I really enjoyed seeing how others envisioned things ending and it kind of stuck.

2.  Not enough!  LOL.  If I planned better I wouldn't be stuck on Healing and Sticks, would I.  hehehehe.  In reality though, I do try to plan.  At least my longer stories.  I usually jump in and start writing whatever scene it was that came to my head and made me excited to write the story, but if things keep coming after a few scenes and I can tell it's a story that wants to stick around, I'll usually pause for a while and plan out where I want it to go.  At least make an outline.  Doesn't mean I always stick to that outline, but at least it helps me remember everything I want to fit into the fic.

I don't tend to plan as much with one-shots or short stories, though.  I usually just jump in with those and let them take me where they want.

3.  Hmmm....this is hard.  Several have different challenges for me.  Hermione can be difficult for me to write, depending on the situation.  Luna is certainly a challenge, though I do love including her.  Hardly ever write Draco because I have a hard time making him the bully he is without resorting to cliché bad-guy talk.  But, probably the hardest character for me, so hard I don't think I've actually included him in a fic yet, is Hagrid.  I just can't get his speech pattern down. :(

4.  Created a character?  Like me be the one to think them up instead of JKR?  It's shallow of me to say Harry cause then I'd be the billionaire, isn't it....  I honestly don't know how to answer this question, though.  I'm not clever enough to have created one of these characters!

5.  The best?  The rush you get when you see words combine to create emotions and feelings on paper, and then see others experience those emotions you were trying to convey.  The worst?  The guilt you feel for leaving people hanging with real life gets in the way and the muse runs off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  This was really fun!

Posted Image

#24 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hi! I'm sorry if someone's already asked you these, I kinda skimmed through your questions :p

1. To one AU writer from another -  how do you pull it off? Aren't you ever afraid that no one's going to like it or slam you for changing it up a bit? I'm terrified they're going to do that to me!

2. Do you have any particular music you listen to while you write?

3. A ship you would be terrified of writing?

Have fun answering :D I look forward to your answers!!

-Nadia

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#25 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hello Nadia!  Welcome!  It's so nice to see my MTA thread live again!  hehehehe

Now, to your questions.

1.  ALL THE TIME!  I don't mean to be a downer or scare you from writing AU, but I know that's partly why I don't get read as often or have as many people leaving reviews.  I'm just not writing in the genre that most readers are interested in.  I sat on my new story I've started putting up for 8 years because I was afraid of people tearing it apart.  Not that I think people here on HPFF are the type to do that.  They are too nice and usually find something good to say to you, or just avoid reading stories they don't care for.  But it is still really scary, and other places people aren't as nice. 

I think in the end, I just have to decide who I'm writing for - myself or others.  And usually, the story wins out.  I know it has to be told a certain way and so I write it, and try not to think about what others might or might not like.

2.  I listen to all types of music when I write.  And I usually end up building a "soundtrack" for my longer stories - songs that I feel fit certain parts of them.  Is that weird?  hehehehe

3.  Draco/Hermione.  I can't wrap my head around it.  I just can't.  I may be an AU girl, but I saw Ron and Hermione coming from book 2 on and so I just can't see them with anyone else.

Thanks so much for fun questions!  I loved them!  Come back anytime.

Posted Image

#26 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey there!

Just wanted to ask quickly, is there something that you really want to or are planning on writing?

#27 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Well, right now I seem to be really, really excited about writing my new story I'm putting up because that's all that comes out when I sit down to write. 

But, I would really, really love to finish up my other two WIP's, Healing and Sticks.  I've gotten myself a bit stuck on them, but I still love them and it would make me a happy camper to be able to mark completed on one or both of them.

Posted Image

#28 theelderwand1

theelderwand1

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

I've heard a rumor you're writing a collaboration. Is it true? And if so can you elaborate? ;)

Children's Crusade (M) by theelderwand..

Killing Riddle the first time was easy... Join the Crusade! (M)

#29 1917farmgirl

1917farmgirl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Eldy, you know I don't deal in rumors... :p.

But, completely off the record, there MIGHT be a collab in the works, but it keeps getting held up by slow writing.  Yes, that would be me, folks.  Brothers can be so subtle sometimes.  Hehehehe

Posted Image

#30 CambAngst

CambAngst

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi! It's your biggest fan here, come to bombard you with questions that deeply probe your psyche while requesting no personal information of the identifying sort.

• One of the things I love about your writing is that you seem to really connect with your characters' emotions and you come up with really clever ways to get all of that feels-y goodness out on the page. Do you do anything special to get yourself in the right mindset to write a really emotional scene?

• Another thing I love (sense the theme here?) is that you're not afraid to tackle the canon characters, even tricky ones like Dumbledore and McGonagall. Is there a canon character that you'd like to try but they're too scary or intimidating?

• In your new story, the main character is a young woman who has obviously been through some awful things and has some dark secrets. Where did you get the inspiration to create her? Do you think the fact she's related to Harry makes the story easier or more difficult to write?

• You decided to have Fred pull through in Healing, a decision I have always loved. Let's just say there was an Archive rule that said you had to pick another "light side" character to take his place in the Great Beyond. Who would you have chosen and why?

• Out of all the magic spells from the books, which one do you think you'd find the most use for in day-to-day life?

• Do you think music was taught in any way at Hogwarts and just not featured in the books and movies? What would a music class look like at Hogwarts?

• What do you consider to be the biggest flaw of the Harry Potter books? Do you think it's fixable, and how would you have done things differently?

That's all I have for right now. Look forward to seeing your thoughts!

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore
My Author Page (stories range from 15+ to M) - My MTA Page (12+)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users