#1 Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hello, everyone!

I'm Abhorsen, and if anyone replies to this, I'll be Alliterative because I'll be Astonished as well.
I'll tell you some general facts about myself: I hate brussel sprouts,
I have no plans of writing a Next-Gen fic and I can read Latin/speak French (sort of).
I love writing stories and reading/reviewing other authors' stories.

My Author's Page on HPFF contains current stories and can be found here: 12+

All of that said, any questions (inane or otherwise)?

#2 torrentaldownpour

torrentaldownpour

Second Year

• Members..
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi there! :) I've got a few questions to ask you...some crazy, and some normal. :p

1. What is your favorite Harry Potter book?
2. What is your favorite ship?
3. If you had a choice of being able to fly, or given one million dollars, which would you choose and why?
4. Warm weather, or cold weather? Why?
5. When did you start to write fan fiction?
6. What is your favorite Harry Potter movie (if you like them)?
7. What is your favorite band/artist?
8. If you were trapped on a desert island, what would you rather have: any book of your choosing or a hair dryer?

I told you they were crazy questions. :D Have fun answering! Nice to meet you. :)

"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love."

-Albus Dumbledore-

#3 Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hi there! :) I've got a few questions to ask you...some crazy, and some normal. :p

1. What is your favorite Harry Potter book?
2. What is your favorite ship?
3. If you had a choice of being able to fly, or given one million dollars, which would you choose and why?
4. Warm weather, or cold weather? Why?
5. When did you start to write fan fiction?
6. What is your favorite Harry Potter movie (if you like them)?
7. What is your favorite band/artist?
8. If you were trapped on a desert island, what would you rather have: any book of your choosing or a hair dryer?

I told you they were crazy questions. :D Have fun answering! Nice to meet you. :)

Wow! That's a lot of questions, but they seem pretty fun!

1. I definitely love the sixth book. JKR seemed to find an excellent balance between comedy (ex: Romilda Vane), mystery and tragedy with that one. Also, I just love it when Harry is suspicious of Malfoy. Five years leading up to that year at school, and he was finally right!

2. Favorite ship? Canon or otherwise? Um. That's a terrific question. I have very different preferences depending on whether I'm writing or reading. Writing, for example, is Sirius/OC. Whereas reading is probably Tom Riddle/Hermione. Please don't judge. I've found some really excellent ones.

3. A million dollars, mostly because I'm afraid of heights. :yes:

4. Cold weather because as much as I hate the cold, I have an excuse to cuddle up in a fluffy blanket with tea and a book.

5. Golly. When did I start to write fanfiction? I guess probably around the beginning of 2006. Now I feel old. >.< I took a break for about a year somewhere in there, though.

6. Favorite Harry Potter Movie: The second. Hands down, my favorite. The trio are such cute little kids and I always felt that the second one captured the flavor of the books in a better way than any before or since. Also, the Tom Riddle in the second, while not as creepy as the current one, was handsome (like the description in the books), looked the correct age, and was subtle enough that one could almost see how all his teachers and poor little Ginny could be taken in by him. That was a randomly long answer.

7. That's tough. Right now, my favorite thing to listen to is A Very Potter Musical. Does that count as an answer?

8. Book, for sure. I don't use hair-dryers. :D

Thank you for the excellent questions. It was good to meet you too!

#4 ohcrapidroppedmybrain

ohcrapidroppedmybrain

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

I just read the first two chapters of your story, "For Your Eyes Only", and have gorgeous questions about it. Mind answering a few?

1) I get most of my plot bunnies in the shower. Where do you get yours?

2) Opinion of Twilight?

3) If you were allowed to meet one HP character for a day, whom would it be and why?

#5 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hi! I've got a couple questions!

1) How much time do you spend writing? Three hours daily? Thirty minutes a week?
2) Do you write non-fanfic stuff? What is it about mostly?
3) When do you write best, mornings or nights?
4) Do you listen to Wizard Rock?

siggy and avatar by the TOTALLY AWESOME Sundrops @tda

Posted Image

Stories [these two links are 12+] MTA page

#6 Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:31 AM

How did I not see these earlier? Oh, well. I have answers now that I have seen them.

I just read the first two chapters of your story, "For Your Eyes Only", and have gorgeous questions about it. Mind answering a few?

1) I get most of my plot bunnies in the shower. Where do you get yours?

2) Opinion of Twilight?

3) If you were allowed to meet one HP character for a day, whom would it be and why?

1. I get most of my plot bunnies when I'm about to fall asleep - when I'm right there on the edge of wakefulness and dreaming.

2. Only because you asked, I will render my opinion here. The Twilight Series is great if you read it really fast, purely for entertainment and never, ever attempt to analyse what you read. That's really all I can say about it.

3. This last one is reallllly hard. I love Sirius Black. If he existed and asked me, I'd marry him in an instant, but I can't pick him for this. I have to go with Dumbledore. Because he would be not only fun to talk to, but knowledgeable and wise.

Hi! I've got a couple questions!

1) How much time do you spend writing? Three hours daily? Thirty minutes a week?
2) Do you write non-fanfic stuff? What is it about mostly?
3) When do you write best, mornings or nights?
4) Do you listen to Wizard Rock?

1. Ummmm... I write whenever I have time, which could only mean once a week for maybe ten to twenty minutes or even once a month, if it gets really bad.

2. I wrote a non-fanfic once, but it was a long time ago. I don't honestly know how to explain what it was about, but I guess I can settle for: it was about high school and trying too hard to figure things out and what that gets you.

3. Afternoon, actually. In the morning, I'm lethargic or I have to work and at night, I'm tired or I'm busy with other things. I only ever let ideas flow in the afternoon.

4. Yes. Emphatic yes. I love Wrock! My favorites are The Remus Lupins and the Parselmouths, but I listen to a lot of different bands, plus A Very Potter Musical.

Thank you both for the lovely questions - and thank you, ohcrapidroppedmybrain, for the reviews!

Edited by Abhorsen, 06 June 2010 - 01:32 AM.

#7 demeterschild

demeterschild

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

How did you come up with your idea for your story, For Your Eyes Only? What made you want to write a mystery? Do you read a lot of mystery novels? If so, who're your favorite authors/books?

Posted ImagePosted Image

set by justonemorefic and ribbon by forgottenface

My Stories [12+]

#8 Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

How did you come up with your idea for your story, For Your Eyes Only? What made you want to write a mystery? Do you read a lot of mystery novels? If so, who're your favorite authors/books?

Oh! Questions! Really good ones, too. The answer to your first question is - I don't really know. I mean, I guess I was just thinking one day about the power of pensieves, because I meditate on things like that absurdly often. So, here I was, thinking, what if a person fighting Voldemort didn't have memories? Wouldn't that person be incredibly valuable because they couldn't give away secrets? So, I imagine that was how the idea was born.

As for wanting to write a mystery, the truth is, that I never did want to. It always seems to happen to me that my mind saddles me with these really out-the-wall, at the edge of what I think I can plausibly have a reader believe ideas. I never actually expected that anyone would read FYEO of their own accord - that is to say, just click it from the Recently Added. That being said, I can't really say if I've ever read a mystery book apart from And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. And that was even for school. I guess with FYEO I'm feeling my way into the genre and learning a little about what it is to write mystery (including smiling and saying nothing when reviewers ask what's going on).

I hope that answers your questions well. Or at least adequately. Thank you for taking the time to think out such good ones. Posted Image

#9 Voldy Needs a Hug

Voldy Needs a Hug

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi! I have some questions for you:

1. Where do you tend to find inspiration for your writing?

2. What is your OTP?

3. Who is your favorite author? (for books, not fan fiction)

4. How long does it typically take you to write a chapter?

5. What is your favorite era/pairing/genre/etc to write?

Thanks!

Posted Image

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

#10 ilovethisfeeling

ilovethisfeeling

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hey, I have a couple of questions for you :)

1) Why did you start writing, was it something that you've always done, or did you decide to start? Was a leap from reading fiction to writing it?

2) Is your username anything to do with Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy or is it a coincedence?

CORIN

Posted Image
Gorgeous set by Elysium @ TDA

Author Page

#11 Abhorsen

Abhorsen

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

My goodness! There are questions!

Hi! I have some questions for you:

1. Where do you tend to find inspiration for your writing?

2. What is your OTP?

3. Who is your favorite author? (for books, not fan fiction)

4. How long does it typically take you to write a chapter?

5. What is your favorite era/pairing/genre/etc to write?

Thanks!

1. I write most often because I'm inspired by music or literature. Something in them makes me think of totally new plots and original characters.

2. Alright, I have to admit, I'm not cool with the internet initialisms. So I definitely just took a trip to Urban Dictionary. Anyhow, I'm not sure I have a One True Pairing. At least, I'm certain that I don't have a canon one. I find most pairings between canon characters to be kind of boring, but maybe it's because I just like to come up with original characters.

3. My favorite author. That is a good one. I don't normally read many works from the same author, so it's a bit difficult. I guess J.R.R. Tolkien is my favorite, but not because of the quality of his writing but rather, the strength of the stories and the themes it contained. I have to admit that I find his works a bit dense.

4. Any amount of time between 2 hours and 1.5 years (that last one was kinda crazy).

5. I like to write Marauders/Sirius&OC fan fiction the best. Anything in Hogwarts Era terrifies me.

Hey, I have a couple of questions for you :)

1) Why did you start writing, was it something that you've always done, or did you decide to start? Was a leap from reading fiction to writing it?

2) Is your username anything to do with Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy or is it a coincedence?

1. I started writing when I was in the fifth grade, so it's been a while for me now. I don't remember consciously deciding to write. It's something that I feel just sort of happened. I don't think that it was a real leap. I was reading so much then that I thought in the terms that one uses to narrate a scene, almost like a person learning to think in a foriegn tongue.

2. My username has everything to do with Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy. I chose it because I wanted to be as strong a person as Sabriel.

Thank you both for the thoughful and clever questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users