Photo

AdrielneCome in! The door's open!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Maraurer-related characters. (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Who - of the below characters of the Marauder Era - is your own personal favorite? Feel free to pick a few :)

1. Voted Sirius Black (55 votes [20.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.91%

2. Voted James Potter (35 votes [13.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.31%

3. Voted Remus Lupin (45 votes [17.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

4. Peter Pettigrew (1 votes [0.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

5. Voted Lily Evans (36 votes [13.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.69%

6. Voted Severus Snape (21 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

7. Lucius Malfoy (7 votes [2.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.66%

8. Voted Bellatrix Black (21 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

9. Regulus Black (12 votes [4.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.56%

10. Rodolphus Lestrange (4 votes [1.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

11. Voted Narcissa Black (11 votes [4.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.18%

12. Voted Other Black (2 votes [0.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

13. Other Slytherin (in Hogwarts at the time) (3 votes [1.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.14%

14. Other Hufflepuff (in Hogwarts at the time) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

15. Voted Other Ravenclaw (in Hogwarts at the time) (2 votes [0.76%] - View)

16. Other Gryffindor (in Hogwarts at the time) (4 votes [1.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

17. Voted Other Wizard, werewolf, vampie, veela or part-human magical being (2 votes [0.76%] - View)

18. Ohter Muggle (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

19. Other Magical Creature (2 votes [0.76%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hi to all!

My name is Adrielne and I will be your writer for today.
That did sound funny in my head, even if not so on paper. Screen. Forum. Never mind.

Anyway, I want to tell you a bit about myself and my stories.

I've been writing Marauder Era (absolute and total favorite!!!) and Next Generation fan
fiction for... two years now, but it never occured to me that there is such a genre and that
someone was as HP-crazy as I am and created a site made specially for posting and
reading fan fiction... So one of the best days of my short, novelist life has been finding
harrypotterfanfiction.com and creating an account.

My stories are all Marauder Era and Next Generation fan fics. I've been thinking about writing
a Founder's Era story, too, because ever since I saw a certain notallowed video called "The Sorting
Hat's Song" done so well (Eowyn as Hufflepuff, King Arthur characters as the rest, briliantly
cut and great music), a little part of my brain has been nagging me to write about them. Maybe
one day, for now I need to focus on the stories I have going.

Contact me here or by PM if you have any questions! I promise to answer all as soon as I can,
because I love your feedback! So... In order of appearance:

MY STORIES:

1. "Witchlets and Wizardlings ~ an Adrielne story"

--- link: http://www.harrypott...php?psid=274849 12+
--- info: I've recently changed the story title from the lame "The Beginning: Year One" to what
you can see now. It seems to fit more. And I've reduced the amount of warnings since I'm not
planning on writing improper for kids scenes, seeing as my characters are only eleven.
--- summary of sorts: It's the story of Lily and the Marauders, plus some of my own characters
and some of the canon ones from J.K. Rowling. I try hard for it to be pretty much all-canon, but
some things are bound to be wrong - like the fact Bellatrix would be long gone from Hogwarts
by the time Sirius came... I had to make her parents home-school her for four years before allowing
her to start Hogwarts... And to start it from first year... It's sort of a lame explanation, but the
only one that worked. Sorry, canon lovers.

2. "My Completely Paranoid Life ~ an Adrielne story"
--- link:
http://www.harrypott...php?psid=277140 M
--- info: The first chapter wasn't validated yet when I put up the link - I hope it works after validation,
too. If not - I'll make sure to come back and do yet another edit on my Meet the Author page and
make the link work. Or just Avada Kedavra the link and put in a new one. Posted Image
--- summary: This is a Next Generation fan fic, written entirely from Lily Luna's point of view. I rated
it mature because of some sex scenes and possibly slash, strong language, violence, substance
use and such stuff - the plot does start when Lily's in her 5th year at Hogwarts, after all. For all
who love lots of James Sirius, I'm sorry to say he's already a graduate when the plot starts. I
wish he was only two years older than Lily, that would make him in 7th year. Meh.

3. "Running from memories ~ an Adrielne story"
--- link:
http://www.harrypott...php?psid=277859 15+
--- info: Not really canon-true, because done for the "Bad guy gone good" challenge (I don't remember
the challenger, sorry - but I don't think I met the deadline, anyway). I don't really agree with the ending
of it myself and it doesn't fit with the rest of the person, but the flashbacks are just how I wanted them
to be. And the entire attitude.
--- summary: The one-shot story takes place in Bellatrix Black's memories. The girl is about 17 years old
at the time and is retrospecting about her life in number 12 Grimmaud Place. It's not really my place to say
this, but I think the pace and style are just what I was going for when the plot bunnies attacked.

4. "The Reign of Chaos ~ an Adrielne story"
--- link:
http://www.harrypott...php?psid=281703 15+
--- info: It's just the first chapter up so far, but I'm really working on it, so I hope it expands soon. It's
been a while since I started writing it and it sort of... Gathered dust on my hard drive... But now I'm going
back to it and making it into a novel, one chapter at a time.
--- summary: A Marauder Era fanfic taking place during James's and Lily's seventh year at Hogwarts,
maybe it will lead up to their death (I'm not sure if I really want to do the death scene, it makes the end
so final...) and is related to the "Witchlets and Wizardlings" story (12+), because the characters are the
same ones, except muuuch older.

Edited by unwritten_curse, 20 March 2010 - 12:54 AM.
requested edit

siggy and avatar by the TOTALLY AWESOME Sundrops @tda

Posted Image

Stories [these two links are 12+] MTA page

#2 torrentaldownpour

torrentaldownpour

Second Year

• Members..
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hi there, and welcome to the forums! I've got a few questions to ask you. :sweat:

1. What is your favorite all time ship to write?
2. Who is your favorite author and why?
3. What is your favorite HP book and why?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be...and why?
5. If you were given the choice to either fly, or be given a billion dollars, which one would you take?

"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love."

-Albus Dumbledore-

#3 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Sorry for not being around so long! A lot of stuff has been going on and I couldn't quite seem to be able to get my head around it all (and get myself to write any of the ideas crowding my head).

Anyway, in answer to your questions:

1. I love the absolutely canon James-Lily pairing (I generally love canon, but have some issues with sticking to it while writing). From the less popular group, I have to say that Neville-Luna and parodies of Harry-Malfoy are fun, too.

2. It's really hard to say... The cliche answer would be JKR, but I don't like her style in the last two books. I think I like Tolkien best - the way he writes makes you feel what he's writing, become completely immersed in the story, as if you were a participant in the events; he goes beyond making the reader get a clear picture of the plot and characters in his head. When I read "Lord of the Rings" or "The Hobbit" or "Silmarillion" or even the hardest for me, "Children of Hurin", I feel strongly attached to the characters, plot and settings.

3. My favorites are PoA and OotP. I can never decide which one I like better, but probably OotP. Not only because it's where Sirius makes a big appearance (though he dies at the end), but also because I think it's the book where the plot line is paced best (at least by my standards) and the characters finally achieve a nice level of depth - and Harry has to face Voldemort on his own, without anyone's help (finally)!

4. I would travel to Mexico (far-fetched dream considering my financial status and the fact that I live in Central Europe!). If I could move anywhere in the world, it would be Sevilla. I'm in complete love with the city.

5. Flying is my ultimate life dream (I actually hope there's Quidditch in heaven), so I'd take the money and invest in scientifically discovering a way to make broomsticks fly. Then I'd make a Polish Quidditch League and be the captain Chaser.

Posted Image

#4 TheLuna

TheLuna

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm going to ask you three or so questions Adrielne.

Who is your favourite character from HP?
And why?
What is the favourite story you have written so far?
And why?
Please tell me a bit about it.

Could you write that you've answered these on my profile wall? I want to see your answers :) Luna

Posted Image

Wonderful icon and signature by Magpie at TDA :)

I'm a Gryffindor quidditch player. Are you? I'm a lioness *roar*. Mrs George Weasley here :) Call me Luna.

MTA/The Luna's reviews/The Luna author page 15+

#5 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

1.My favorite character ACCORDING TO MY IMAGINING OF THEM is definitely one of the "good" Marauders. I would say Sirius, but I love James and Remus just as much... It would be terribly hard to decide and the world would end before I was satisfied with my choice.
My favorite character BY THE BOOKS is also one of the "good" Marauders.
My favorite character IN THE MOVIES is definitely Sirius Black - just see his conversation with Snape in the Shrieking Shack: the way Sirius and Snape talk is probably my favorite scene in the whole movie :)

2. I love the Marauders so much because they're not so well known. Also, they are more adventurous (as in: seeking adventure, not only blindly walking into traps). And they live during the First Wizardring World, without the confusing Horcruxes and people returning from the dead. And it is before James and Lily, the epic couple, die.

3, 4, 5. I think my favorite may be one not-HP related, about a full-blown apocalypse, after which only an 8x8-mile scrap of island remains, where two computer scientists attempt to survive (and not get eaten by a population of about 100 cannibals). I love it so much because of the dialogue:

"This is terrible!" Adam said, turning to his fellow stranded engineer with a pitiful look of exhaustion and sadness on his face.
"What is? The fact that the world is practically over, that we will be the last two civilized humans to walk the earth, that we will most likely be found and eaten within the next week, that we have no means of getting food, cannot find any fresh water so far, our survival skills are NOT up to scratch and we're all alone on a God-forsaken, probably volcanic island somewhere in the Pacific?" the other asked, flailing his arms in rage to finally fall down onto the pristine sand.
"No. My sock got all scrunched up in my shoe... But all of that works, too..."

As Harry Potter fan fics go, I like "The Reign of Chaos" best, I think. And Once I finish the "Hearts and Rainbows" challenge (of course abiding the 12- rule!) it may become the new favorite :)

Posted Image

#6 ericajen

ericajen

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

Hey girl! (: I have a few questions for youuu.

I know you are fluent in several languages, which one is your favorite? To write, to speak?

Excluding Harry Potter, what is your favorite book in the world?

What inspires your ideas the most?

Are you having a good day? :laugh:

Posted Image

DANCE PARTY, BRO

[12+ but stories rate higher]

#7 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Whee, another person around here!!! *squeal*

1) I know you are fluent in several languages, which one is your favorite? To write, to speak?
Hmm, difficult question! I'm very attached to the culture of Poland, despite the many faults and flaws I find in the country, so I'd say Polish is my favorite - plus, it has a lovely ring to it that I haven't heard in any other language, reminds me of flowing water... :rolleyes: But it's easier to write fiction of all sorts in English - probably because I learned the language so quickly because I read a lot of books with a dictionary in hand.

2) Excluding Harry Potter, what is your favorite book in the world?
Now that's an even more difficult one! You came here to torture my brain, didn't you? :p I'd say it's "The Hobbit". However much I love "Lord of the Rings", there's just a certain level of innocence and happiness in "There and Back Again" to make me smile while being completely engrossed in the plot of the story. And the fact that the backstory - even though not revealed - is so incredible, the world is so artfully designed, complete with languages, mythology, geography, history.... So yeah, "The Hobbit" it is :laugh:

3) What inspires your ideas the most?
Plot bunnies! It's always them. They come at the oddest moments and aren't connected to anything, but I do sometimes get inspired by movies I watch or books I read. I pick up fragments of plot lines and bits of characters from those and work them around to suit my overall plot idea. And more often than not, I start off with a "What if..." question. "The Exchange", for example, began with a "what if there was a school of magic in Poland? Where would I put it? How would it work? And would it be as corrupted as most other institutions, or would the wizarding government keep a better eye on those kinds of things?".

4) Are you having a good day?
Of course I am! Not only did I get to visit all my lovelies at HPFF, but there was a post waiting for me in my meet the author thread (which I haven't visited in AGES, for which I apologize very much)! :sweat:

Posted Image

#8 lilypotterfan123

lilypotterfan123

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hey there Ada! So here are some random questions from the random correspondant of random news ;) Yep I sort of killed it didn't I!

1) Other than writing what sort of hobby's do you have? Like doodling, dancing, dodgeball but they can start with any letter you wand :D

2) Coffee or Tea? (Just so you know mine is coffee!)

3) Favourite meal for tea? (Mine is chicken pie..mmm...chicken pie!)

4) Harry/Hermione or Harry/Cho?

5) Favourite movie?

6) Favourite movie genre?

7) Spongebob or Mr Krabbs?

8) HPFFforums or HPFF?

Can't wait for the answers!!!

click the link in the sig, my stories, Both links are 15+
Posted Image
sig by me.

#9 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hi! Fancy seeing you here, huh! xD

1) Other than writing what sort of hobby's do you have? Like doodling, dancing, dodgeball but they can start with any letter you want.

Duh, reading's one of them! :p I wouldn't be as much of a writer if I hadn't been a reader first.
Definitely music - piano playing, to be exact, I don't go a day without it.
Doodling is great for pre-writing. I try to draw the characters I want to write in different setups (not that they actually resemble people, but hey - gotta start somewhere) and take the story from there.
Difficult as it may be, I'll also try to tell you about blgging - something I do every day (as you can see by following the 15+ link in my signature).
Did I tell you about all the major points? I think so ;)

2) Coffee or Tea? (Just so you know mine is coffee!)
Definitely coffee - the best liquid man has invented (other than a few ones I - of course - haven't tried yet :p). It keeps me alive and running on the four or so hours of sleep I get per night!

3) Favourite meal for tea? (Mine is chicken pie..mmm...chicken pie!)
I generally don't have a time of day called "tea". It's just not a thing in Poland. And I'm rarely hungry between dinner (we eat it early, between 2 and 3:30pm) and supper (around 8-9 pm).

4) Harry/Hermione or Harry/Cho?
Umm... Difficult choice, between my love for canon and my hate for Cho... But I think I'll say Harry/Cho, however appealing the first one may seem xD

5) Favourite movie?
Another difficult question! I guess I must say "The Illusionist", because I can watch it over and over and never tire of it, but I like a lot of other ones: "Inception", for example, of the ones I've seen recently.

6) Favourite movie genre?
Action movies are great. So are comedies, if I want a laugh. And thrillers are creepy enough to scare me a bit, but not bloodthirsty enough to have me consider just how unrealistic the situation is.

7) Spongebob or Mr Krabbs?
Spongebob Squarepants! xD He lives in a pineapple under the sea, doesn't he? I've never seen the actual show... :(

8) HPFFforums or HPFF?

Recently, the forums. I've met so many people on here that I'm addicted to this place and my love for writing and reading fanfics has died down a bit recently, with the pre-plotting for NaNo I've been doing since August. But it'll return, just like it has last time! :D

Posted Image

#10 lilypotterfan123

lilypotterfan123

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

Ahhh! You haven't watched it ! Mr Krabbs lives in an anchor so he isn't cool enough for a pineapple but he's my favourite one-spongebob is well....spongebob. And I'm sure I've seen inception, but Harry/Cho in my eyes, as definite no (i had to rhyme at sometime!) Harry/Hermione all the way! :p Thank you for those awesome answers! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

click the link in the sig, my stories, Both links are 15+
Posted Image
sig by me.

#11 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for asking all those awesome questions! :laugh:
Harry/Cho isn't THAT bad. I mean, once you get over the fact that it's Cho... But I prefer Victoire/Teddy, another controversial one (from what I've noticed recently). And no, I don't view it as incest.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_Shortie_Guest

Guest_Shortie_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Heyyy :D I have one long question :D

What made you an author? As in, what made you write first? What did you write first? How did it go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users