Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

Hello everyone!

After much debate, I figured it was about time I got one of these. :sweat:
I do hope I made this thread correctly; the whole process was a bit roundabout.

My name is Celeste and I've been active on the HPFF Archive since June 2009. I have six stories currently posted. My author page can be found
here. To date, I've written five one-shots and have posted the first chapter to a Dominique/Scorpius novella.

There's isn't too much to say about me. I'm a quiet, simple person; there's nothing wildly interesting about me, my life, or my interests. I really love to write and one-shots seem to be my forte so far. I found HPFF on accident some time ago and my time here has really helped me grow as a writer. I hope to keep writing and improving.

Please feel free to ask me anything! :)

Edited by Celestie, 02 October 2009 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image
BEAUTIFUL SIG BY JUSTONEMOREFIC |
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#2 EnnaBella

EnnaBella

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

Alright...I have some questions!
1) What is your favorite HP book and why?
2) Who is your favorite HP character and why?
3)If you could live/go anywhere at all (doesn't have to relate to HP), where would you go?
4) Why do you write HPFF?
and
5) Who's your writing role model?

I know the third one is random, but I know how fun it is to answer questions!
~EnnaBellaPotter

leslieeeeandbennnn_zps46025ef1.png

~beautiful signature&icon my Marzipan at TDA~

Stupid (15+)

Stuck (15+)

#3 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

Wow, that was quick! ;)

Thank you so much for dropping by!

1) What is your favorite HP book and why?
My favorite HP book was definitely Deathly Hallows. I loved every bit of it. I felt like it really encompassed what HP was to me. I loved the action scenes and I loved the fact that we got the backstory to everyone. It was illuminating and entertaining and it was JKR at her top.

2) Who is your favorite HP character and why?

I feel a bit odd saying this, but I think my favorite character is Harry. Followed by Ron and Hermione. I love Harry. I love that he is flawed. Again, I feel odd for saying this, but I feel like I can relate to him far more than I can relate to either Ron, Hermione, Ginny, or Luna. The way he reacts to some things is very similar to the way I would react to some things. And I really do admire him for his bravery and for his commitment to doing what is right. Those are two qualities I really think are ideal in a person.

3)If you could live/go anywhere at all (doesn't have to relate to HP), where would you go?
I don't really think I'd want to live anywhere else. I really love where I live and I'm happiest when I'm in my town. I'm not the sort for adventure, but I'd like to visit the Great Barrier Reef one day. Or maybe even the Himalayas. Just somewhere beautiful and natural. I dislike big towns and traffic and crowds.

4) Why do you write HPFF?
I write HPFF because I think the HP world in itself is so rich. There's so much left to discover and so much left to write about. It's a medium for me to receive feedback on what I write. And the more I write, the more I improve.

5) Who's your writing role model?
Do you mean in original fiction or in HPFF? I admire JK Rowling a lot because of her creativity. But really, I admire any author who is able to sit down, plan something out, and carry out their plotline with originality and depth. Anyone who has mastered balancing quality with quantity is my role model.

Again, thank you so much for your lovely questions! :) I hope I've been able to answer them!

Edited by Celestie, 02 October 2009 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#4 faerieall

faerieall

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

I LOVE, love your work, especially orange groves, it was flawless! A few questions for you:
1. What's your favorite ship?
2. Who is your favorite character to write?
3. What sorts of characters are you drawn towards writing?
4. What question would you like me to ask you?
5. If you could be any animal what would you be? Basically, your patronus/animagus.

#5 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

I LOVE, love your work, especially orange groves, it was flawless! A few questions for you:
5. If you could be any animal what would you be? Basically, your patronus/animagus.

Thank you so much! That's so amazing to hear! :blushing:

Actually, I'm not really sure. I like vague Next Gen ships because of the freedom it allows me (hence Dominique/Scorpius and Teddy/Molly).
I'd really like to try Victoire/Scorpius someday, though. Something about it just pulls me towards that ship.

Generally, I love writing Other Canon characters because it's much harder to be OOC. . At the moment, I'm really enjoying writing my OC Julietta and Victoire Weasley. Julietta's just so odd that I have to write her. And Victoire (as you will see - The Sound of Silence, chapter two) is, I hope, pretty different from her usual portrayal. Oh, and I love writing Dominique! I love her character, so it's a great deal of fun to write her.

I really like to write characters in Next Gen that are already surrounded with pre-conceptions of their personality and their life just so I can break them. But at the same time (if this makes any sense), I like writing about characters that are ignored, like Louis, Roxanne, and Lucy. I feel like it's not realistic for them to always be excluded.

I'm not sure, but maybe, "When are you going to update The Sound of Silence?" Today! :D

Probably some kind of bird as my patronus. I like the sky!
Thank you for dropping by! :wub: I really appreciate it and I hope I answered your questions well.

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#6 purevelvet

purevelvet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

Hello! I'm one of your stalkers at Rainwater (though I dub different name at hpff). So anyway, I love your works and I have a few questions for you.

1. How did you determine which characters/ship for each of your stories?
2. Where do you usually get your inspiration from?
3. Do you listen to music a lot? If yes, then does it help you during your story-writing?

Thank you :)

sometimes, it's just not enough

Posted Image

#7 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Wow, I apologize for the superbly late response! But as you can probably tell, it's been empty in here for a while!

* blows dust off *

1. How did you determine which characters/ship for each of your stories?
Ooh, this is really hard. I have no real way of telling; sometimes I see a banner and the entire concept of the characters pop in. It's always the characters that come barreling in first and almost never the plot, but instead a vague concept, like a light romance or humor or horror. Ships come together as I write the characters and can tell whom they would match with. Weird trivia: Rainwater was actually supposed to be a light angst/romance story and was first a Teddy/Dominique, set after Dominique returns from France. Obviously, it went through some major edits along the way! :p
2. Where do you usually get your inspiration from?

Banners, other authors, musicians, graphics artists, movies, screenwriters and movie characters. Really impossible to tell. My inspiration just goes off like a bulb and I know what to write.
3. Do you listen to music a lot? If yes, then does it help you during your story-writing?

Yup, I do. And it does sometimes, though I rarely play music as I write. I listen to it before hand to get the mood of the story down, then turn it off and write.

Thanks so much for your questions! :D

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#8 Raine

Raine

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi, fantastic author who deserves more replies to this topic! I'm Linn, and I'm very pleased to meet you, Celestie!

How do you find the time to write your fics?
What was the very first story you wrote?
Your favourite HPFF author?
Your favourite real word? Slang word? (Mine is plunny - it's so much fun to say!)
Are you one of those people who wake up in the middle of the night with a fantastic plunny?
Oh my gosh, I'm running out of questions, but I'll give you one last one - which of your stories would you most like to be made into a movie?

Bye for now! :)

- Linn - HPFF (12+) - Review Thread (12+) -
dzmQcfF.png
gorgeous new set by our sea star @ TDA

#9 agenth

agenth

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Where do you get your inspiration for June?
And my favourite story plot was when you wrote, that Albus dressed as a girl when he was 3. I literally LOL'd.

Why are Albus & Lily unfriendly/rude to other people? :p

Edited by agenth, 02 May 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Go Gryffies!

#10 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

Hey there!

Linn: Thanks so much! I apologize for how late this response is. I totally didn't see your questions until now. :(

How do you find the time to write your fics?
Ha, I don't. Or if I do, it's just barely. I'm in college so things tend to get hectic, but I definitely get some downtime on certain evenings and I try and write something while I have the chance.

What was the very first story you wrote?
Um...the first first story I think might've been about me getting stranded on some deserted island. It was a homework assignment when I was about eight for school! Fanfiction-wise it was this absolutely terrible James/Petunia one-shot. I won't go too much into it, but it was really poorly written and full of bad angst.

Your favourite HPFF author?
What an evil question! Good lord, you're making me pick? I'm going to have to split this question because picking just one is too hard. My favorite author who no longer updates would be Elesphyl. Love Kalina's writing immensely. My favorite author of the moment is ToujoursPadfoot. I actually really, really anticipate her updates with all the fury of a crazy fangirl. And I'm someone who has a hard time leaping into WIPs in general, so that's really saying something. 'So, Listen...' is probably one of the best romances on all of HPFF and 'Run' is just hands down the most creative fanfiction I've ever read.

Your favourite real word? Slang word? (Mine is plunny - it's so much fun to say!)
My favorite real word is queen. I like the 'qu' sound. And slang word would be ginormous. It's stupid but I find it funny.

Are you one of those people who wake up in the middle of the night with a fantastic plunny?
Unfortunately, no. :( If I wake up in the middle of the night, it's usually to go the bathroom or from a bad dream.

Oh my gosh, I'm running out of questions, but I'll give you one last one - which of your stories would you most like to be made into a movie?
Bathing in Roses! It would be a lot of fun and I've imagined it as a movie so many times in my head that it would so cool to see it happen!

agenth -

I got some of my inspiration for June from the main character (Kotoko) from the manga that BIR is somewhat based on. And some of the other parts are from myself. I have my June-like moments at times - being clueless, insecure and etc - and I've definitely had a lot of them in the past. The more feministic edge to June we've seen in the last few chapters is definitely inspired by stuff I believe girls should strive for.

Haha, thank you :) A lot of my readers seemed to really love crossdressing baby Albus. Maybe we'll see more of him soon ;)

Hmm, good question. A part of it is that Albus and Lily have grown up so famous, that they've definitely seen their share of fangirls, weirdos and people who only like them for their name. So they're pretty jaded by other people and both of them being hotheads and temperamental just makes this all the more worse. Lily doesn't really have a problem being rude - she's completely like Ginny, but in the opposite direction. She's really bold and that can be a bad thing sometimes. Albus is just more icy. That's a part of it! There's more, but you'll have to read on to find it :)

Thanks for reading and for the questions!

Edited by Celestie, 05 May 2012 - 02:15 AM.

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#11 agenth

agenth

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks!

I have one question though, because June says she doesn't meet Mr. Potter until Easter.
Although Harry comes home for 2 days for Christmas, and she sees him at the dinner table and at the NYE party,
so I don't understand why they didn't introduce him to her, since she lived in the house anyway.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Go Gryffies!

#12 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hello! Sorry once more for the late response D:

Yeah, June's meeting with Mr. Potter is very passing. I do think they might've tried introducing her, but couldn't find her as she ran off in the crowd and was busy sulking. Harry was rarely home during that time. He plays more of a role in the coming chapters.

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

#13 purplepotter775

purplepotter775

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hi, Celeste! I adore your stories, and I thought I'd ask you a few questions!

1. Your writing style is so lovely and distinctive. How has it formed and developed over time?

2. If you could choose one author that really inspired you and is someone you aspire to be like, who would it be and why?

3. Bathing in Roses was such a pleasure to read, and I really loved it. Was there any one who inspired the character of Albus?

4. What are some things you'd really like to write but haven't had the time for/haven't gotten to write yet? Do you think you'll ever write them?

5. Your characterization and development of your characters is so in depth and wonderful. How do you decide how to write character and what they'll be like?

HPFF | TDA | MTA

120821-14.png 042911-01.png 120821-13.png

(all links 12+)

sig icons by ettudis

#14 Celestie

Celestie

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hi! Thanks for the questions! I all but forgot about this place so I was pretty surprised to see someone posting!

Hi, Celeste! I adore your stories, and I thought I'd ask you a few questions!

1. Your writing style is so lovely and distinctive. How has it formed and developed over time?

Thank you! :D Um,  to be honest,  my style comes and goes without ever letting me know where it's headed. I started off in HPFF with some of the clunkiest writing ever; basically, I was one of those people trying to write deep, dark angst but not knowing how pretentious about half of that stuff is. Then it developed into this flowery style that makes me seriously cringe when I go back to reread it. I toned down on the flowery a bit and developed this style my writer friends called 'floaty', I think. The thing about 'floaty' is that it makes for some very pretty writing, but being overhanded with it can seriously impair your writing's emotional honesty. It worked for those little one-shots I have like 'Cloud' and 'orange groves', but trying to maintain it for a longer work became suffocating - ie my novella 'The Sound of Silence'. I'd kept myself wrapped up in angst for so long that I became a bit sick of it and tried to do comedy, which I ended up having lots of fun with. Working on stuff like my James/OC 'The Heartache Squadron', my Cho fic and especially my Albus/OC really freed me from being chained to writing 'pretty' and allowed me to just have fun with writing. Which is where I think it is now, actually. If the emotions don't ring true with me or the observations don't sound honest, I really struggle with writing it these days.

2. If you could choose one author that really inspired you and is someone you aspire to be like, who would it be and why?

Elesphyl really inspired me to write in my early days. Back in about 2008 when I was just a lurker on this site and didn't know the faintest thing about writing, I really found a lot of inspiration from and admiration for Kalina's writing. I thought her writing was so pretty that I more or less wanted to try it myself. In particular, she wrote two one-shots that really struck me with their descriptive beauty -- 'The Lioness' and 'Insidious Deeds'. That was back in the beginning, though. Later on, I really loved 'Nocturne', which I thought was her most emotionally compelling and elegant story, along with 'North'.

With that said, though, I have to say that Elesphyl really impacted me in my early days of writing, back when I was still pondering whether or not to give it a shot myself. To be fair, I can't just pick her though, because my writing's been impacted by so many HPFF authors and so many fics. sixty wrote 'Light Bulb Nudity', which was the most influential thing I'd ever read back when I was like 15. I adored llyralen's 'Honeybees' and GubraithianFire's 'Oeil Pour Oeil'.

3. Bathing in Roses was such a pleasure to read, and I really loved it. Was there any one who inspired the character of Albus?

Aha, thank you! I mentioned that 'Bathing in Roses' is partially inspired by 'It Started With a Kiss', which is a Japanese manga and TV show. So Albus is partially inspired by that original character. Then a lot of him is my own invention. I really wanted to write a hero that my readers couldn't fawn over because he was just that big of a jerk. It's rather depressing to note this, but most stories on HPFF are written by young girls projecting their idea of an ideal guy. But alarmingly enough, the main male protagonist is often rude, torments the girl, is rude, is icy, and etc but more often that not, his behavior is excused because he "secretly" fancies the girl or he's just that good looking. I didn't want to do that with Albus. He is a jerk and I tried my best not to allow my readers to romanticize him. He was also a parody of those icy, angsty males who are icy and angsty because of some deep, dark secret that torments them (and somehow gives them permission to be rude to the girl, right?). I had a lot of reviewers ask me what was up with Albus and what his backstory was. And at the end, I really just wanted to do a ta-da, no backstory, he's just grumpy! So yeah, Albus was a combination of a character and also of several concepts I wanted to try out.

4. What are some things you'd really like to write but haven't had the time for/haven't gotten to write yet? Do you think you'll ever write them?

Many things! I wanted to write a mystery/murder fic because I'm a big fan of the mystery genre (Agatha Christie was my sole source of fiction for a summer), and I'd really like to see how I'd manage with suspense and foreshadowing. It's something I really haven't tried before. But again, I struggle with this just because it requires am immense amount of planning ahead and I suck with planning. So it's seriously in one of those 'we'll see' places. I also have a decent amount of a Narcissa fic written where she's reflecting on her own life. I do think it's some of my better writing and I hope I get to finishing it someday. Lastly, I have a Marauders era short story collection. I really like the Marauders era and its characters, but I think the foursome + Lily are so overwritten that I hesitate to continue it. Though I do have a main OC who is none of the four or Lily, but rather a random Ravenclaw. I looked forward to writing an ensemble again after having so much fun with it in BIR and I'd love to write Ravenclaws, since I've never written them before. I really like the first chapter I've written, so it's a 'maybe someday' sort of thing.

5. Your characterization and development of your characters is so in depth and wonderful. How do you decide how to write character and what they'll be like?

Ha, I actually think that those are my major weaknesses! I have trouble grasping who my characters are and I fumble around a bit. In the end though, they have to be at least one of two things for me to write them. Either a) honest and realistic or b) entertaining. Some times, they're just characters I wish existed (like June) and other times, they're characters that pop out of nowhere (Priscilla). 

Thanks so much for your questions! After such a long hiatus from writing, it was nice to start actively thinking about and analyzing my own writing again! Plus, I do recognize your username so thanks for being a long time reader :D

Posted Image
OTHER STORIES (mature)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users